Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I started WHM, decided I didn't like it so switched to SAM, and then to DNC and stuck with that all the way to the end of Shadowbringers.

It's still my favorite class, and I love bouncing menacingly during MSQ cutscenes, but I might do SMN for Endwalker if it turns out fun, I'm really excited about those changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Hellioning posted:

Finally did all the Crystalline Mean stuff. The quality was a bit all over the place and I didn't like how we went from helping out the entire Crystarium in three of them with helping out an individual company in two of them, but the final scene was sweet and I would talk about Amaro with Bethric for hours.

I actually found I liked pretty much all the Crystalline Mean stories, they did a really good job of fleshing out the world and showing how the Crystarium works. I do still think that a couple of the grouped crafters made for strange bedfellows, though, and so a couple of the questlines felt a bit 'why do you have an X doing this'.

It's also I think the only time I've enjoyed a Fisher story, I really like a story that takes the time to think about stuff like the local nutritional deficiencies. I also felt a little accomplished for recognizing the symptoms of jaundice when that came up.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
From Gamerescape's early upload before they caught themselves:

Sage
Astrologian
Paladin
Dark Knight
Gunbreaker
Reaper
Dragoon
Ninja
Samurai
Bard
Dancer
Summoner
Black Mage

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Hogama posted:

From Gamerescape's early upload before they caught themselves:

Sage
Astrologian
Paladin
Dark Knight
Gunbreaker
Reaper
Dragoon
Ninja
Samurai
Bard
Dancer
Summoner
Black Mage

Thank you! Great lookin' out

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
No monk or mch?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

No monk or mch?
Either not all of them were uploaded before they noticed or not all of them were grabbed before they got yoinked back down.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

No monk or mch?

My bet is monk will punch things and mechanist will shoot things. This is before embargo though so it’s a wild guess

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Oooh, those paladin changes look pretty nice.

The attack spells heal you now! And their support stuff looks better too, besides holy shelltron they also get the extra shield and heal effect on intervention.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the gently caress is "enhanced flare"

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

From the look of the Flare tooltip, added potency. (260 instead of 220, though we also know the numbers aren't necessarily final.)

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Still figuring out how summoner works now, but I'm liking what I'm seeing.

You still get the egis at their old levels, but you summon them temporarily in place of the proper summons until level 90. They give you access to the elementally aspected abilities they showed off in the live letter. It works the same way with DWT and Bahamut, you get a weaker version first and then the full version later on.

They all work a little differently. They each last 30 seconds, and the new skill that recharges your ability to summon them is once every minute, so you can stick with two of them if you want, you don't have to go through all three.

Really excited to try it out, but it looks like it has a lot going on!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Blockhouse posted:

I'm pretty sure that just means that at that level Black Mage becomes universally more stylish.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
From the other thread.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Begemot posted:

Still figuring out how summoner works now, but I'm liking what I'm seeing.

You still get the egis at their old levels, but you summon them temporarily in place of the proper summons until level 90. They give you access to the elementally aspected abilities they showed off in the live letter. It works the same way with DWT and Bahamut, you get a weaker version first and then the full version later on.

They all work a little differently. They each last 30 seconds, and the new skill that recharges your ability to summon them is once every minute, so you can stick with two of them if you want, you don't have to go through all three.

Really excited to try it out, but it looks like it has a lot going on!

It also looks like Ifrit's best at single target, Garuda's best at multiple, and Titan's in-between, so we're going to go from never seeing Titan-egi to seeing him more than the other two.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Pigbuster posted:

It also looks like Ifrit's best at single target, Garuda's best at multiple, and Titan's in-between, so we're going to go from never seeing Titan-egi to seeing him more than the other two.

Specifically it seems like Titan's purpose is mobility since everything he gives you is instant. Meanwhile you want to use Garuda when an enemy is going to stay still for a while and Ifrit when you're going to stay still for a while with those cast times.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

the part of new Summoner that confuses me is why tri-disaster still exists

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

FuturePastNow posted:

the part of new Summoner that confuses me is why tri-disaster still exists

It's just the upgraded version of outburst now :v:

To me the big revelation is that ruin 2 is just the middle upgrade between 1 and 3, not a weird instant-cast filler thing. I guess it makes sense, since the cast times got shortened to AST length and they still have so many other, better options for movement.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Garuda is when you wanna be fast casting like a machinist shooting heat blast. It does less dmg, but you'll have fired 2 garuda shots for every 1 titan shot.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Begemot posted:

It's just the upgraded version of outburst now :v:

To me the big revelation is that ruin 2 is just the middle upgrade between 1 and 3, not a weird instant-cast filler thing. I guess it makes sense, since the cast times got shortened to AST length and they still have so many other, better options for movement.

How does that interact with Ruin 4? Is Ruin 4 just an upgrade now?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Bard's Radiant Finale seems kinda dumb. Every time you use a song you get a Coda, and with 3 Codas you get the maximum buff for Radiant Finale. Except it has a 90 second cooldown while your songs have 120, so you won't ever actually get 3 Codas with it unless you hold it. On top of that, there is going to be some very cursed fight and kill time specific optimization on when you are supposed to use the first Radiant Finale.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

hopeandjoy posted:

it doesn't have the "cannot be assigned to the hotbar" text that it currently has, so it might be a standalone button that can only be pressed when you have further ruin

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

hopeandjoy posted:

Ruin 4 works the same as before, but since there aren't egi assaults anymore, it looks like the only way to get further ruin stacks is... energy drain/siphon? So only one every 60 seconds, but it's also a lot stronger now, 430 potency + AOE.

e: Oh yeah, and it looks like it's just a separate button now.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Yeah, I’m sure the theorycrafters will work it out, but I’m pretty sure Garuda is what you wanna be doing for your buff timers since its fast recast times means it’s effectively higher dps than Titan within 6 seconds.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Cleretic posted:

Lunar Odin summoned by a bunch of weapons desperately wishing for a less terrible owner.

That's my armory chest you're talking about

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Specifically, the Smn burst window of 30 secs would look like 20 secs of baha/Phoenix and then either 2 shots of ifrit or 4 shots of Garuda to finish it out. Garuda might give you enough of a window to get something else in there too.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

So how does Phoenix work? Do Phoenix and Bahamut just alternate?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

WrightOfWay posted:

So how does Phoenix work? Do Phoenix and Bahamut just alternate?

Yeah, that's how it worked in the live letter. Since there's no separate DWT now, it looks like it's just one button that changes back and forth.

Phoenix has like a proper healing spell now too, not just the passive HoT. Hopefully it's not pathetically weak and useless like physick!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
DWT does exist between 56 and 70 but Summon Bahamut straight up replaces it

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

So doing some quick math, it looks like you cast 1 Ruin IV and 0 Ruin III's per 60 second cycle and only 3 of those GCDs have cast times, so this job is both insanely mobile and insanely set in it's rotation. This might be the successor to Stormblood Machinist I was waiting for.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Actually, I completely missed how Titan works, so my theorycrafting is long off. Titan doesn’t machine gun in the same way as Garuda, but it generates its own Ogcd to weave so it might end up the stronger one outta the two in certain circumstances. Summoner is very flexible!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

WrightOfWay posted:

So doing some quick math, it looks like you cast 1 Ruin IV and 0 Ruin III's per 60 second cycle and only 3 of those GCDs have cast times, so this job is both insanely mobile and insanely set in it's rotation. This might be the successor to Stormblood Machinist I was waiting for.

Oh god, I hope so. I miss StB MCH...

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Allarion posted:

Actually, I completely missed how Titan works, so my theorycrafting is long off. Titan doesn’t machine gun in the same way as Garuda, but it generates its own Ogcd to weave so it might end up the stronger one outta the two in certain circumstances. Summoner is very flexible!

It looks really sick. Even if SMN ends up with few buttons compared to other jobs it'll still be fun to play because the bread and butter combo keeps changing dramatically.

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013

Pigbuster posted:

you use all 3 the same amount once every 60s

good to see low level smn/acn works exactly how i said earlier

MatteusTheCorrupt
Nov 1, 2010
Back-of-the-envelope calculations suggest that summoner gets to cast a grand total of one (1) ruin 3 every minute, the rest of the time being spent on trances, summons, gemstone actions, and ruin 4.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

MatteusTheCorrupt posted:

Back-of-the-envelope calculations suggest that summoner gets to cast a grand total of one (1) ruin 3 every minute, the rest of the time being spent on trances, summons, gemstone actions, and ruin 4.

This would seem to be a good thing. 1 filler per minute is insanely good.

MatteusTheCorrupt
Nov 1, 2010
Turns out the tool tips for the trances were wrong, and they only last 15 seconds, adding 4 more ruin 3s.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

WrightOfWay posted:

Bard's Radiant Finale seems kinda dumb. Every time you use a song you get a Coda, and with 3 Codas you get the maximum buff for Radiant Finale. Except it has a 90 second cooldown while your songs have 120, so you won't ever actually get 3 Codas with it unless you hold it. On top of that, there is going to be some very cursed fight and kill time specific optimization on when you are supposed to use the first Radiant Finale.

If you use Radiant Finale right when you start your third song in the chain, wouldn't that be 90 seconds?

e: though when you use RF I guess you lose the Coda for the song you were already in, so... huh. Considering that it's 2%/4%/5%, I'm guessing using RF at 2 Codas is probably optimal anyway.

Arist fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Oct 13, 2021

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It would, but it does go onto cooldown during the 30 seconds that last song plays, which puts it out of sync for your next cycle of songs. That said, there's only a 1% difference between 2 and 3 codas, so (doing zero math so I'm probably wrong) I think using it on CD is going to be better than waiting for 3 codas every time.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Onean posted:

It would, but it does go onto cooldown during the 30 seconds that last song plays, which puts it out of sync for your next cycle of songs. That said, there's only a 1% difference between 2 and 3 codas, so (doing zero math so I'm probably wrong) I think using it on CD is going to be better than waiting for 3 codas every time.

Yeah, I edited my post with the same thing, I'm guessing 2 codas is optimal and 3 is more for "the boss just came back from a phase transition" or something like that. Also worth noting that songs are 45 seconds now instead of 30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Arist posted:

Yeah, I edited my post with the same thing, I'm guessing 2 codas is optimal and 3 is more for "the boss just came back from a phase transition" or something like that. Also worth noting that songs are 45 seconds now instead of 30.

Yeah, but with a 120 second CD the third song will be cut off to get the first song going as soon as it's off CD. (So, 45+45+30.) Edit: Probably, should have put a probably in here.