Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I can't believe this game is coming out so soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

the other day it looked like my ps4 might have bricked itself and man i would have been so pissed if that happened so soon before i got to play elden's rings

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

1. It’s extremely hosed up that this year is over in like three months
2. Elend ring

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

MechaSeinfeld posted:

2. Elend ring

This year has been a hundred I am not taken by surprise by time on this occasion

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

MechaSeinfeld posted:

2. Elend ring

gimme elben ding now I don't wanna wait

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Aidan_702 posted:

gimme elben ding now I don't wanna wait

Idris Elben Ring

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

tote up a bags posted:

This game's gonna be better than Bloodborne and then finally I can die in peace

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
eagerly looking forward to this character being nowhere in the game

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy

huh posted:

This has to be a spooky haunted castle:

A gargoyle is going to come to life and punt me off a ledge cause me to freak out and roll off a ledge

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
My youngest brother updates the family Discord every morning with the number of days left until Elden Ring is released.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

fridge corn posted:

I can't believe this game is coming out so soon

just the other week it was never coming out and now it's too soon tooo sooon ooooohhhhhhhh

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

mysterious frankie posted:

My youngest brother updates the family Discord every morning with the number of days left until Elden Ring is released.

congrats on your cool brother

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Can your brother set the countdown to this week and see what happens

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Jinxed, delayed to Q2

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Mr. Baps posted:

congrats on your cool brother

Yeah, the kid's alright.

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

No. I'm going to savor all the days left before he completely strips me of my dignity in-game.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

gently caress

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

I’m going to jump my horse off this path

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Come out comeoutcomeoutcomeout I want to play it! :shepspends:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Hm. I'm gonna need an oled tv...

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

I can't take this...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Concurred posted:

I can't take this...

Don't give up, skeletonConcurred!

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I wonder who this Painted World will belong to.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

this thread's finished...

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Wonder what kind of rear end in a top hat flying creatures will attack you on that bridge

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Turns out this is the original. The first one I posted was altered to make out more detail.

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013
Man, I know there's been erosion and such, but still- how many people died just trying to walk from point A to B on this thing back in the day?

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Colonel Whitey posted:

Wonder what kind of rear end in a top hat flying creatures will attack you on that bridge

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Sum Gai posted:

Man, I know there's been erosion and such, but still- how many people died just trying to walk from point A to B on this thing back in the day?

First day at Senpou Temple, trying to figure out how to get from my cell to the meeting hall when there is a thirty foot wide infinitely deep gap in between. Elder monks just laughed at me and exploded into centipedes when I asked. Please help

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I just recently learnt that Lothric War Banner makes Friede go apeshit. It's not so much a deliberately programmed agro mechanic, but the AoE around the LWB gets registered by the Friede AI as a threat and makes her spam quicksteps. And in phase 3, when she goes invisible she will instantly initiate the 3rd Black Serpent attack.

That made the fight significantly harder than it should have been.

E: wrong thread, but I guarantee the same kinds of bugs are gonna be replicated in Elden Ring.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I need this game. I don't really care about the gameplay at this point... I just want to explore it!

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

pretty good marketing, I am hollowing IRL

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
This is a stick up, give me the Elden Ring and nobody gets hurt

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I'm wondering if they're even going to bother making a collectors edition or not just because logistics and stuff are so messed up these days.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Mere scraps...

From someone on reddit who has seen the fabled 16 mins of gameplay:

Having a dedicated "jump" button allows you to jump straight up in the air, much like Sekiro, allowing you to attack while doing so as well. This also applies to using bows and spells, so you can actually jump shoot enemies with a bow if you want to, and it's worth noting this seemed extremely smooth when watching the game play.

The other thing added was what are referred to as Stances. A good comparison to this would be "Posture" from Sekiro, allowing you an opening for a devastating attack if you break your opponent's Stance. However, unlike Sekiro I don't believe this will be visible, and instead will operate much the way many Souls-Like mechanics do, with a hidden gauge that fills up as you attack with certain attacks. Once completely full, the enemy is exposed and you can hit them for massive damage in what looked very much like a "visceral attack" of Bloodborne.

...we saw several pyromancies including Fireball hurls and a long and improved version of Firestorm. We also recognized several weapon buff effects that were glowing blue and yellow, hinting to magic and lightning effects. We saw a fluid and beautiful version of "soul darts", magic-based "Soul Rain" casts that created a magical storm that precipitated soul arrows down on the area, a ginormous version of Magic Greatsword, a light-coloured aoe of frontal scythes, and a particularly awesome frontal AOE magic that summoned lightning and seemed to cause an earth tremor on its conal wake.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I really want magic to be great so I can play a wizard in this game. If From can deliver me a great wizard arpg I'll be forever in their debt.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

ninja magician

loving picture those words

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
A better Firestorm? Is such power meant for gamer hands?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Hot drat are they making literal Soulsborniro?? The stance thing sounds like they're bringing in Sekiro-style aggression as a viable way to play. It's gonna be interesting to see how From balances all the play style flexibility they're introducing. If they manage to make boss fights fun and well balanced for both co-op/summoning and Not Hesitating, that'll really be something. I'm looking forward to rolling a stubborn meathead and seeing how far I can take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Is there better 3rd person combat in gaming than FROM?

Witcher 3 is janky as.