Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

*projects gratitude*

jeblin: eyyy im eatin here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
i think the lue's clues crew was already rear end deep in rv stuff, not surprised to hear :tinylue: himself battled goatherders with the power of his mind's eye

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

not even the deep ones have the strength to drink of loosh elizondo

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Delta-Wye posted:

i think the lue's clues crew was already rear end deep in rv stuff, not surprised to hear :tinylue: himself battled goatherders with the power of his mind's eye

wow :tinylue: can unleash a psionic storm for 75 energy

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I’m a self-confessed nutjob, but honestly is remote viewing that much crazier than birds?

There’s fairly convincing evidence by non-nutjobs that it is somewhat reliable and a skill which can actually be taught (though certain individuals are more capable than others).

I’ve dabbled myself and the results were way beyond coincidence. Blind coordinates, was totally unconvinced as I drew out what I saw, and nearly pissed myself when I saw the similarities. Who’s to say how it works, but for example, I once drew a goddamn piano when the target was a piano. Something is going on there.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
this hiss dude is a nerd lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qo7YCjBZEs&t=1237s

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

would i lue to you?

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

D-Pad posted:

Also, for many years we were satellite pirates. Once a week after school my parents would drive us out to this dude's trailer and either me or my sister would run up to the porch where a giant stack of printed papers would be under a rock and grab one. Each satellite would have like a 32 character string code that would have to be inputted into the receiver to access it. The satellite companies would change them every week and we'd have to do it all over again. I think when it started they only changed it every few weeks but the time period slowly shrunk until they were changing codes daily and my parents gave up and paid for the service.
I miss the golden age of satellite piracy. Some guy who was always hanging around your local Radio Shack would reflash you H/Hu card for a few bucks and you would get every channel plus weird poo poo like channels intended exclusively for GE employees.

D-Pad posted:

This is just someone claiming :tinylue: said he was remote viewing right? I mean I've always felt a little iffy with :tinylue: but I'm gonna be so pissed if he just turns out to be another crank grifter.
Everyone connected to Bigelow is a crank grifter.

Log082 posted:

have you never seen any NIMBY protests against nuclear power? it's not just misguided environmental or anti-nuclear weapons activists who are against nuclear power.
The core of the opposition to nuclear power is the oil lobby. They greenwash the issue and push wind/solar because nuclear is the only technology that can feasibly be scaled up and replace fossil fuels for power generation. Same thing as anything environmental that gets pushed on consumers as a social responsibility so that corporate interests can shift the blame away from them. California is headed for another energy crisis by decommissioning Diablo Canyon because they're shutting down the carbon-free source of 9% of the state's power demand; PGE will be rolling in even more money when they buy generation capacity across state lines at double the cost and pass triple the cost on to customers.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

would love to listen to a 2 hr+ podcast with ross coulthart sharing unheard info about extra terrestrial toilets and urinals

he will never reveal those stinky sources

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 212 days!

Fly Ricky posted:

I’m a self-confessed nutjob, but honestly is remote viewing that much crazier than birds?

There’s fairly convincing evidence by non-nutjobs that it is somewhat reliable and a skill which can actually be taught (though certain individuals are more capable than others).

I’ve dabbled myself and the results were way beyond coincidence. Blind coordinates, was totally unconvinced as I drew out what I saw, and nearly pissed myself when I saw the similarities. Who’s to say how it works, but for example, I once drew a goddamn piano when the target was a piano. Something is going on there.

if you were a yogi who could prove that you could remote view using yoga nidra, it would very obviously be the right move to just pretend it's all bullshit rather than train an army of CIA brahmarakshas

we're through the looking glass itt so at least some degree of crazy woo is expected

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Hodgepodge posted:

if you were a yogi who could prove that you could remote view using yoga nidra, it would very obviously be the right move to just pretend it's all bullshit rather than train an army of CIA brahmarakshas

we're through the looking glass itt so at least some degree of crazy woo is expected

ive been wondering if it wasn't the cia they taught, but the cia's predecessor

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 212 days!

Delta-Wye posted:

ive been wondering if it wasn't the cia they taught, but the cia's predecessor

i'm not saying it's what happened, but picture this: you're some sage and the loving nazis want you to teach them. what do you do? teach them wrong, as a joke.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 212 days!
oh and also i used to think the "black sun" was primarily an pseudo-ancient sort of pagan-proto-antichrist based on worship of the power of death as the state. now i'm pretty sure it's just oil and the weak and illusion-ridden minds of fascists thought that the bloodshed they were being warned about was a path to, rather than a consequence of, tapping the power of the black sun beneath the earth.

beneath the earth, it remains black (nirguna, pure). taken greedily and misused, it becomes evil; but used respectfully and with restraint it is of great benefit,.

also by far the smartest thing frank herbert did was compare it to a drug though really the drug is cocaine bought with the oil profits

Hodgepodge has issued a correction as of 11:02 on Oct 13, 2021

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

wanna get high and listen to Jack Nance play semuta music

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

i did ce5 for a bit, not the whole hog, but in bed when crashing, no screens just opening up for whatever and sending video game side quest vibes up. being able to see the sky even a bit fron your pillow helps.

nothing much ever happened until i realised that, if something did happen, id be naked and unarmed and shyness kicked in and muted it.

so, when in the mood to try again i would be dressed, still no weapons but privates and feet at least covered. it worked better then, at least to the point that it felt like dreaming but also working/playing/doing stuff that if nothing else is a fun new way to sleep

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

GWBBQ posted:

Everyone connected to Bigelow is a crank grifter.

true, NASA is a crank grifter

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

now i think about it the trick for me was to sleep in loose pants and tuck em into my socks. i mean space is cold right lol

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
did lax jetpack guy ever come back after his july reappearance

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Fly Ricky posted:

I would welcome an effort post about remote viewing and what this supposed convincing evidence is, everything I've read is always "every experiment that suggested it could be real has serious control and methodology problems." if it is real it sure hasn't helped the US be less poo poo at warfighting lol

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 212 days!

Sleekly posted:

nothing much ever happened until i realised that, if something did happen, id be naked and unarmed and shyness kicked in and muted it.

mantle your transcendent core, chobo :getin:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

give me the Jeblin gang tag

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Remote View Lue's Jeblin Crew

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Hodgepodge posted:

i'm not saying it's what happened, but picture this: you're some sage and the loving nazis want you to teach them. what do you do? teach them wrong, as a joke.
Yes, the Evil Council are aliens.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 212 days!
okya i will now demonstrate the technique of mantle my transcendent core:

[wartning: failure]

gently caress... okay let's do this

[warning: critical failure@!|

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I do really wish :tinylue: would stop dicking us around though

Give us the goddamn goods you billy goat bearded fucker
tell me what you know

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I do really wish :tinylue: would stop dicking us around though

Give us the goddamn goods you billy goat bearded fucker
tell me what you know

well u see he has NDAs :tinylue:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

did lax jetpack guy ever come back after his july reappearance

nah he's been a bit lax

my bony fealty posted:

well u see he has NDAs :tinylue:

and a book coming out!!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Hodgepodge posted:

mantle your transcendent core, chobo :getin:

I wanna know the origin of this phrase

my bony fealty posted:

give me the Jeblin gang tag

Also this

I'm prepared to renounce the UN & adventure hogs

I will never deny the conspiracy against the human race

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 212 days!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I wanna know the origin of this phrase

and i'm just gonna drop you right in with no context or care for spoilers.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

im just gonna say a murderous god king stepping through a research portal would be way more terrifying than a werewolf

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
there's no possible way k6bd invented this, i swear i've heard this mantle & core terminology before, because i've had irl conversations like 7 years ago that used it. Mabe abbadon made it up independently, maybe it was some unremembered offhand thing that resurfaced, but i'm willing to believe k6bd is not the first time this construction has been used. Maybe i'm just having linguistic deja vu or something.

e: after i first saw that page i started trying a bunch of google searches and even trying to find obscure etymologies of "mantle" and poo poo but came up empty handed

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Hey everyone! I have UFO information! They're--aw, well, you guys probably don't care, it's more of a Shelbyville UFO disclosure

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

my bony fealty posted:

I would welcome an effort post about remote viewing and what this supposed convincing evidence is, everything I've read is always "every experiment that suggested it could be real has serious control and methodology problems." if it is real it sure hasn't helped the US be less poo poo at warfighting lol

It’s midnight here but I’ll try to put together one this weekend. Was planning on doing some hypnosis recording anyway, so I should be in the mood.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
btw it is in fact possible to make a uniform sensory field generator now that cellphones with big screens are common. You only really need a decent pair of headphones.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Fly Ricky posted:

what am i wearing :wink:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 212 days!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

there's no possible way k6bd invented this, i swear i've heard this mantle & core terminology before, because i've had irl conversations like 7 years ago that used it. Mabe abbadon made it up independently, maybe it was some unremembered offhand thing that resurfaced, but i'm willing to believe k6bd is not the first time this construction has been used. Maybe i'm just having linguistic deja vu or something.

e: after i first saw that page i started trying a bunch of google searches and even trying to find obscure etymologies of "mantle" and poo poo but came up empty handed

you're probably thinking of kirkbride's crazier stuff for the elder scrolls games. think vivec, etc.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I know what you mean but it's not what I'm thinking of.

There's plenty of hits for mantle's use as a verb to cover stuff up, but not for this other meaning which is like rock climbing jargon, but not.

So is this a relatively recent new use for this word or is it from some other thing?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 212 days!
taking on a mantle is a sort of common term for taking on a role of authority or responsibility. i think the terry brooks novels had something about a druid's mantle being a sort of spiritual power associated with the ancient knowledge of a fully trained druid. things like that maybe.

e: a google search for "mantling power" brings up some Dresden Files stuff I know nothing about :

https://dresdenfiles.fandom.com/wiki/Mantle

Sounds like something that might also show up in World of Darkness stuff.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Never heard of k6bd before this post, but this poo poo is awesome. Can't outdrink a sorority sister lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 212 days!

D-Pad posted:

Never heard of k6bd before this post, but this poo poo is awesome. Can't outdrink a sorority sister lmao.

it was something of a goon favorite for years before i got around reading it. you'll probably recognize some avatars along the way.