Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

TheKingofSprings posted:

shut the gently caress up, dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

The man got an English Masters degree, let him grift to allow him to make money to pay off this costly and foolish mistake.

Source: I also got an English M.A., lol

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

mcmagic posted:

Isn't this dude a shithead and a sexpest?

You better get reciepts quick!

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

someone accused a person of being a sex offender with absolutely zero evidence. your contribution to the discourse was saying you agreed despite also having zero evidence and not even being aware of any accusations. if the problem here isn't immediately obvious i don't know what to tell you

TheKingofSprings posted:

Post literally any evidence to back this or shut the gently caress up, dude

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Shart card

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

begging for money is not a grift, it's like the opposite lol

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

The Professor is the one mtg personality who is 1000% neither a sex pest nor a grifter

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK so, A, yes, do not throw around that accusation casually (although the first was phrased as a question and could have been a confusion for some other person I guess), and B, please export discussion of shitheads (or non-shitheads) in the industry to the industry thread and not here, thank you.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I'll delete the post. I can't find the tweet I thought I saw about it so must have been about someone else.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I made a thread with a huge effort post: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3981883

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Silhouette posted:

The Professor is the one mtg personality who is 1000% neither a sex pest nor a grifter

It's this or I'm going to live in a crack in the Blarney stone bc I can't take this world anymore

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Thank you

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Silhouette posted:

do i count

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/october-13-2021-banned-and-restricted-announcement

Historic:

Tibalt's Trickery is banned in Historic.

Memory Lapse is suspended in Historic.

Brainstorm is banned in Historic (from suspended).

Five digital-only cards are being rebalanced:

Davriel's Withering and Davriel, Soul Broker's third ability now only affect "target creature an opponent controls."
Faceless Agent is now 2/2 (from 2/1).
Sarkhan, Wanderer to Shiv's second ability is now +1 (from +0).
Subversive Acolyte now costs 1B (from BB), is 2/3 (from 2/2), and had the toughness increases from becoming Human or Phyrexian reduced by 1.

edit- I guess this is probably better for the Arena thread since it's only Historic stuff but eh.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

ed wrong thread

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
I saw 144 new posts and got excited they banned Epiphany

.....gently caress

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

.....gently caress

You can ban epiphany yourself by grabbing all your opponent's copies and tearing them up

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

.....gently caress

Give it a week

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

TheKingofSprings posted:

Give it a week

Why would they ban it in a week if they just decided not to do it until Crimson Vow?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

quote:

Currently, we are restricting these changes to digital-only cards, where there will be no conflict between a digital and printed version of a card. We would like to expand beyond this (for example, by rebalancing previously banned cards so they can be safely returned to play in digital formats only). There are multiple clarity and communication problems we will need to solve before we can consider those types of changes. This is something we plan to work on in the coming months and, since it bears repeating, would only affect digital formats.

Currently only rebalancing the digital-only cards, but they want to do it to more cards later.

And unlike the past eras of power level errata, the current rebalances include random tweaks rather than "this thing is way too good in a way we didn't intend"

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Sinteres posted:

Why would they ban it in a week if they just decided not to do it until Crimson Vow?

IDK, why did they say they were going to wait and see on cat combo and then ban it 3 days later?

The rest is an exercise for you, dear reader

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

You're not wrong, but Cat Combo was a lot more dominant, and IIRC that was back when they did scheduled bans, right? The situation is different enough that I suspect they're just going to wait for CV. It's soon enough that there's no reason to not just wait I guess.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ShaneB posted:

do i count

All podcasts are grifts. Turn on the camera or else
I'm sorry but those are the rules.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Cat Food did nothing wrong and died for the slow arena ui's sins

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Jund Food is a miserable experience to play against in Historic too and the only saving grace is watching the entire deck grind to a halt when you have Yasharn and the backside of Reidane out.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

The davriels withering change ruins my vesperlark/withering/meathook combo deck :(

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Well at least tibalts trickery players can go get hosed now

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
2 good actions in Historic.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

meanolmrcloud posted:

The davriels withering change ruins my vesperlark/withering/meathook combo deck :(

it's explicitly to kill the vesperlark infinite, yeah

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

What's the combo, perpetually wither Vesperlark so it can keep dying and summoning itself back into play? I guess that would trigger meathook infinitely

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts

:sickos:

quote:

Davriel's Withering and Davriel, Soul Broker's third ability now only affect "target creature an opponent controls."
Subversive Acolyte now costs 1B (from BB), is 2/3 (from 2/2), and had the toughness increases from becoming Human or Phyrexian reduced by 1.

Huh, OK. Weird to see them update the digital-only cards on the fly.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

LOL @ Memory Lapse "suspended" so they can screw you on the rare wild cards.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Don't worry, 83 days from now they'll ban it and we'll all get paid. It's important that they take their time in making sure the most obnoxious card in the most powerful deck in the format needs to go.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

MeinPanzer posted:

Huh, OK. Weird to see them update the digital-only cards on the fly.

I mean ,that was the point of digital cards.

The revelations about their plans to "patch" banned cards for arena is a bad idea, imo. It confirms for me their intent to make arena a casual and digital only format. I definitely expect digital-only standard cards within the next few releases.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Panderfringe posted:

I mean ,that was the point of digital cards.

The revelations about their plans to "patch" banned cards for arena is a bad idea, imo. It confirms for me their intent to make arena a casual and digital only format. I definitely expect digital-only standard cards within the next few releases.

they seem like they want to do things with *historic* as a digital only format (since it is) but I really doubt they will bleed that over into formats that you can play in paper, like standard

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Pablo Nergigante posted:

What's the combo, perpetually wither Vesperlark so it can keep dying and summoning itself back into play? I guess that would trigger meathook infinitely

Also triggers Blood Artist infinitely.

The real lovely move though is if you're on the ropes and you can do the combo without interaction on an empty board you Draw the game.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

GonSmithe posted:

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/october-13-2021-banned-and-restricted-announcement

Historic:

Tibalt's Trickery is banned in Historic.

edit- I guess this is probably better for the Arena thread since it's only Historic stuff but eh.

Oh thank god, get hosed Trickery decks.

Too bad Memory Lapse had to pay for Epiphany's sins but I'll take it.

Now unban Winota you cowards.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
They want to be hearthstone so bad

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Are we pretending that Memory Lapse is weaker than Epiphany now lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Eej posted:

Are we pretending that Memory Lapse is weaker than Epiphany now lol

They're two completely different cards that are getting played in different formats?