Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Is that gif or gif?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Brawnfire posted:

Is that gif or gif?

The latter, obviously.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

Brawnfire posted:

White rice and chicken breast with steamed broccoli and minimum salt is my favorite meal you monster

It's also what all the action stars say they eat when they obviously take steroids but can't say they take steroids!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

When people accuse businesses of "putting profits before people". No poo poo. What the gently caress do you think a business is? How is that a surprise to you? What world do you live in?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Tiggum posted:

When people accuse businesses of "putting profits before people". No poo poo. What the gently caress do you think a business is? How is that a surprise to you? What world do you live in?

If someone is found standing over a body with a bloody knife screaming I DID IT AND I'M GLAD would you accuse them of murder?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Suddenly pop-culture media is lousy with the abbreviation "BTS" for "behind the scenes." To me, BTS is still the Korean boy band (and I'm not even a fan). I see "Check out this BTS video" and I'm like "Why? I don't care about them. They're still around? Why would they do a collab with Brooklyn Nine-Ni-oh, 'behind the scenes,' sure, okay. :rolleyes:" It feels irresponsible to just suddenly start using the same abbreviation in the same publication for something entirely new (that we had no problem saying in its entirety for however loving long). :cloud:

Both unfortunately remind me of the BTK Killer, which is something else altogether.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Built to Spill fans remain left out cold

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

BTS has always meant behind the scenes or back to school (retail term) to me. The boy band is new and just a flash in the pan that will be forgotten

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
People who work for free as a way to get ahead. 3 out of 6 people on my team were sending me emails today asking work questions, and I told each of them it is a federal holiday, and as we work for the federal government, we are not allowed to be working. I technically shouldn't have even been replying to email, but I wanted to remind them because columbus day isn't the most well-known holiday and thought i was doing them a favor. But they kept working.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I took out the centre piece of my dining room table after my guests left from Thanksgiving dinner, and now I’m out of breath and sweaty.
My pet peeve is being so out of shape that I struggle to lift a piece of wood.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Doja Cat

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

The Mighty Moltres posted:

I took out the centre piece of my dining room table after my guests left from Thanksgiving dinner, and now I’m out of breath and sweaty.
My pet peeve is being so out of shape that I struggle to lift a piece of wood.

I generally just leaf it there

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Brawnfire posted:

I generally just leaf it there

Just ask someone else to do it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Yeah wooden want to overextend yourself

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I enjoyed posting in a Facebook group but this new rear end in a top hat joined who keeps posting poo poo that's straight up incorrect and everyone correcting him and calling him out keeps getting accused of not being ~positive~ enough and now the group sucks

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Killingyouguy! posted:

I enjoyed posting in a Facebook group but this new rear end in a top hat joined who keeps posting poo poo that's straight up incorrect and everyone correcting him and calling him out keeps getting accused of not being ~positive~ enough and now the group sucks

Facebook sucks, I stopped using it like 7 years ago, and I don't regret it one bit.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

When you're trying to get a screw-on lid fastened and it won't even seat properly, it just keeps turning then popping off the top thread over and over gently caress YOU

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

The first time you use an electric panel oven after it's been off for the summer season. There's always -some- dust and stuff that's gotten into them, and it always stinks.
(And they're never designed so that you can just pop off the panel and clean them out before using them, either.)

I kinda miss having centralized water heating + water radiators, since they don't have that issue.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Iron Crowned posted:

Facebook sucks, I stopped using it like 7 years ago, and I don't regret it one bit.

I just put the dipshits I'm socially obligated to be mutuals with on mute and use it to follow local events and things I actually care about. FB Purity adds an incredibly robust control panel.

Facebook as a company and as a thing in general does in fact suck, but there are ways to wring usefulness out of it without drowning in the ads and noise it's built around.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Brawnfire posted:

When you're trying to get a screw-on lid fastened and it won't even seat properly, it just keeps turning then popping off the top thread over and over gently caress YOU
Ugh seriously. My favorite brand of peanut butter apparently outsources their jar lid threading to blind gremlins. I've just started punching the lid back on every time I make a sandwich.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I do the Peanut Butter Punch too!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm at the point I only use it for FB Marketplace, it's the de-facto online sales thing in my area. CL is a dead-zone full of nothing but crap being sold by olds, and it seems no ones near me uses LetGo/OfferUp (I think they merged?)

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I bought berries but I forgot to put them in my bag from the self checkout so now I have no berries >:(

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

I love my local coffee shop but they do this thing where they don't associate names or numbers to any orders which is predictably terrible and results in exchanges like "your drip coffee is number 5 in line and your burrito is number 3" when things are busy, so you have to listen and count each and every relevant order until it's your turn.

I can't emphasize enough that the overall quality, price, and proximity to my condo make this all worth it but holy hell who thought that was a good idea?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Where did all my forks go?

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Where did all these forks come from?

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Riatsala posted:

I love my local coffee shop but they do this thing where they don't associate names or numbers to any orders which is predictably terrible and results in exchanges like "your drip coffee is number 5 in line and your burrito is number 3" when things are busy, so you have to listen and count each and every relevant order until it's your turn.

I can't emphasize enough that the overall quality, price, and proximity to my condo make this all worth it but holy hell who thought that was a good idea?

I prefer to neither have a number or my name. I'd rather that they just call out the order. It's different with large orders obviously, but, if I get a coffee, I don't need them to write my name on the coffee. I'm right here, it's just coffee, hand it to me.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

mostlygray posted:

I prefer to neither have a number or my name. I'd rather that they just call out the order. It's different with large orders obviously, but, if I get a coffee, I don't need them to write my name on the coffee. I'm right here, it's just coffee, hand it to me.

If they did that at my local Tim's you'd get a stampede every time they'd call a double double, eh!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I'm reading a well-researched book that might be the only book to cover its subject matter, but the writing is not at all engaging, and if the author begins one more sentence with "Moreover," I am going to hijack a bus and drive it to the author's house and edit the god damned thing right in front of God and the police

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Yes I’ve read Mein Kampf as well

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I read Mein Kampf in high school and there were constantly footnotes just giving the original german with the translator noting "no, seriously, check it yourself, the sentence was really this garbage"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Brawnfire posted:

Where did all my forks go?

:same: I suspect their in/under/around my roommate's bed

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Cutlery really does just disappear, I swear when we moved into this house three years ago I bought a whole 16-piece set -- forks, knives, two different kinds of spoon! -- for two people, and now all that remains of that original set is a single fork, spoon, and knife. Where does it go?

We can't have accidentally thrown it all away with takeout containers! Once or twice, sure, but 13 times!?

.... Does accidentally throwing cutlery away count as a pet peeve? I've also done it with my driver's license in bank envelopes (why don't they just put it on the outside, honestly)

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I found a cache of cutlery in my dogs bed just last week. Mr. Sparkles has been getting the forks and knives off people's plates while we clean up after dinner. Sneaks in while we clear the table and get coffees. We always have at least 8 people eating so we weren't noticing the two or three things going missing until he'd collected so many the bed started clinking. I still haven't caught him in the act, either. Little dude is a drat magician.

I honestly have one too many smart animals and it's a huge peeve. I know I'm not the brightest, but I shouldn't be getting outsmarted daily by my hamster and my dog. Damned tricky bastards. Makes me love my incredibly stupid cat even more.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

It’s cutlery, hair ties, and pens. I’m not sure if they get sucked into some alternate universe or what but I’ve had to buy some more knives recently and now I think I need more spoons :psyduck:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Baby spoons are the worst because the kid will finish what he's eating then just yeet that poo poo through a tesseract

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Brawnfire posted:

Baby spoons are the worst because the kid will finish what he's eating then just yeet that poo poo through a tesseract
Baby spoons were deliberately designed to stop existing the minute you're looking for them. Right when the kiddo has reached peak hangry meltdown they just bloop away to another dimension only to reappear in the bathtub toy net three days later.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I have been able to confirm that DuckDuckGo search results have gotten worse, and if you use quotation marks to try and search for a specific phrase, loving forget it.

It's disappointing.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
People letting their dogs off their leads outside of safe areas.

Inevitably they go "oh, oh my god, i'm so sorry, he never does this" when doggo charges across traffic and tackles people, and like... no yeah he clearly does, you're just an irresponsible lazy idiot.

Bonus points when they don't even care, just stand or sit in place and go "NO, NO, COME, HEEL, COME, NO" while the dog zooms around endangering themself. Don't get a dog if you don't want to train and care for a dog, rear end in a top hat. Dogs like being trained. It's their deal. It isn't mean! And use a loving leash when cars and coyotes and all kinds of poo poo are all around!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

When you close a double-door cabinet and the first door you close pops open when you close the second, so you have to push them both closed at the same time.