Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Well there was that time some goon was going to walk across America for Depression...or something, and got like 5 miles in and quit.

Is that the one who got a walmart cart and it broke almost immediately and he nearly died walking through a slight incline in a park?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

not caring here posted:

Is that the one who got a walmart cart and it broke almost immediately and he nearly died walking through a slight incline in a park?

I think it was actually a stroller...making it even more hilarious and dumb.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I think it was actually a stroller...making it even more hilarious and dumb.
And not even a good one. I think it was one that was meant to be towed behind a bike but had a little front wheel adapter so that you could do stuff like take it off your bike and push your kid into a store.

I've seen people convert good jogger strollers (the kind that look like they have kids' bike wheels on them with actual pneumatic tires) as off-road cargo haulers before, and that would have worked pretty well.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Expect this to become the latest talking point in the pro-insurrectionist Chud camp, which has been alleging that January 6th defendants are "political prisoners" facing unduly harsh conditions.

To be clear, there is absolutely no excuse for a prisoner- no matter how odious of a crime they've committed or alleged to have been committed- to receive a delay in medical care. But you can sure as poo poo expect the Madison Cawthorns and such to be trumpeting this one from the rooftops.

But I thought our jail/prison system was supposed to be slave labor?

His feelings are hurt because he is getting the same lovely treatment as other prisoners?

To be clear, the prison system sucks and even child molestors deserve better treatment than what we give. Prison is supposed to reform, not send people to early graves while having pains that could be cured.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

stealie72 posted:

And not even a good one. I think it was one that was meant to be towed behind a bike but had a little front wheel adapter so that you could do stuff like take it off your bike and push your kid into a store.

I've seen people convert good jogger strollers (the kind that look like they have kids' bike wheels on them with actual pneumatic tires) as off-road cargo haulers before, and that would have worked pretty well.

Goddamn that thread really is the never ending gift.

That said, what you described (the competent way), I feel like that should have been some feature in Death Stranding to upgrade stuff. lol

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
lol turkmenistan got youtube to take down the entire channel of the biggest english-language central asia news org for infringing on the turkmen state broadcaster's copyright, despite youtube being inaccessible there

https://twitter.com/eurasianet/status/1448325658656968704

apparently they were mad about eurasianet publishing this video of the dear turkmenbashi falling off his horse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u_F3g2Kp3E

oh well, enjoy their print content

https://eurasianet.org/memoir-in-the-court-of-turkmenbashi

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Expect this to become the latest talking point in the pro-insurrectionist Chud camp, which has been alleging that January 6th defendants are "political prisoners" facing unduly harsh conditions.

To be clear, there is absolutely no excuse for a prisoner- no matter how odious of a crime they've committed or alleged to have been committed- to receive a delay in medical care. But you can sure as poo poo expect the Madison Cawthorns and such to be trumpeting this one from the rooftops.

Never forget that these people are traitors. However, even traitors deserve appropriate medical treatment in the criminal justice system.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Smashmouth did eat some of the eggs. Docevil, though, would not eat any of the eggs because they were too spicy. Docevil got punked by guy, smashmouth, and the mascot for the san jose sharks.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Time Crisis Actor posted:

Never forget that these people are traitors. However, even traitors deserve appropriate medical treatment in the criminal justice system.

Honestly, they should absolutely be treated as innocent by the system until proven guilty by the court, just like everyone should be.

However, its not like the courts are actually issuing just punishment to the traitors, or even leveling remotely appropriate charges for people who violently attempted to overthrow the government, so lol at whatever happens.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I really don't have anything for today, especially with angryposting coming out, but this blessed my feed and ergo y'all get it too.

https://twitter.com/LethalityJane/status/1448343091035852807

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ASAPI posted:

But I thought our jail/prison system was supposed to be slave labor?

His feelings are hurt because he is getting the same lovely treatment as other prisoners?

To be clear, the prison system sucks and even child molestors deserve better treatment than what we give. Prison is supposed to reform, not send people to early graves while having pains that could be cured.

That’s an emphatic nope from me, man.

I’m firmly in camp cruelty for child molestors.

gently caress ‘em.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
This is one of the reasons we have a bill of rights: to help protect us from emotional capriciousness.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

mlmp08 posted:

This is one of the reasons we have a bill of rights: to help protect us from emotional capriciousness.

It’s not emotional capriciousness. I’ve thought it through and worked it out. I can still think of myself as a good person and be A-Okay with child molestors being met with 8th amendment breaking punishment in our penal system.

“Oh no, why won’t you think of the poor child molestors rights?” Is a self answering question for all right thinking people in my humble opinion. But I’ll admit, it’s not constitutional. But it is right.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/maxkennerly/status/1448294648938696707?s=21

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

"Coming Soon, to a Former Colony Near You!" :shepface:

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

I really don't have anything for today, especially with angryposting coming out, but this blessed my feed and ergo y'all get it too.

https://twitter.com/LethalityJane/status/1448343091035852807

Maybe I was living in Oklahoma too long, but that just sounds like a normal rural South-Midwest accent.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

That’s an emphatic nope from me, man.

I’m firmly in camp cruelty for child molestors.

gently caress ‘em.

I'm firmly in camp NO cruelty for anyone. Ever.

Capital punishment is a completely different debate, but anyone (and I mean anyone) that is being held by our justice department deserves humane treatment.

Again, not going to bat for a group, but saying that the way we treat all prisoners is wrong.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xenoborg posted:

Maybe I was living in Oklahoma too long, but that just sounds like a normal rural South-Midwest accent.

I’m more struck by how he looks like Sam Elliot or that marine sniper Carlos Hathcock(?)

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I can still think of myself as a good person and be A-Okay with child molestors being met with 8th amendment breaking punishment in our penal system.

Personally, I think incarceration should be there to rehab people instead of to inflict vindictive damage on people, may as well execute people at that point for all the good the later does to society and for victims.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Some people just want the slave labor without having to say it

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kongsberg: Several killed in Norway bow and arrow attack https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-58906165

Prepare to see this url a lot in bad faith arguments about guns in the years to come.

Honestly to kill a bunch of people with bows and arrows the person has to have some Rambo tier poo poo/skill they have or it’s a crossbow.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

It’s not emotional capriciousness. I’ve thought it through and worked it out. I can still think of myself as a good person and be A-Okay with child molestors being met with 8th amendment breaking punishment in our penal system.

“Oh no, why won’t you think of the poor child molestors rights?” Is a self answering question for all right thinking people in my humble opinion. But I’ll admit, it’s not constitutional. But it is right.

Okay, but have you considered that someone convicted might not be guilty? Even if it was acceptable to basically torture prisoners, is it okay to torture wrongfully convicted people, even if it's something like .1%, just to make sure we torture the guilty ones?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Kongsberg: Several killed in Norway bow and arrow attack https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-58906165

Prepare to see this url a lot in bad faith arguments about guns in the years to come.

Honestly to kill a bunch of people with bows and arrows the person has to have some Rambo tier poo poo/skill they have or it’s a crossbow.

See, if every Norwegian had a slingshot this wouldn't have happened.

(yes I know Joerg is German)

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Some people just want the slave labor without having to say it

A person can be against the horrible US prison system and its slavery-by-any-other-name provisions and also believe that there are some people who should be kept away from society on a permanent basis because of their actions; these aren’t contradictory ideas.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CainFortea posted:

Okay, but have you considered that someone convicted might not be guilty? Even if it was acceptable to basically torture prisoners, is it okay to torture wrongfully convicted people, even if it's something like .1%, just to make sure we torture the guilty ones?

Nope. Listen, in my perfect world the child molesters go through every circle of hell multiple times, for life. So it’s already fantasy land, and in fantasy land I get to hand wave away the 0.1% (I’d be shocked if it were this low, our judicial system is turbo hosed) wrongly convicted folks.

Mlmp08 is right when he states the constitution is there to protect people from people like me.
Whatever fringe wacko revenge torture I want for whatever group is safely protected from happening.

Who knows, maybe I’m like a dog chasing the mail truck that doesn’t know what to do when the truck stops and a real life human steps out.

An old friend of mine and fellow goon got popped for CP this spring. He’s looking at an effectively life sentence and will be treated in prison the same as a child molestor. Maybe my tune changes when it’s someone I loved, and grew up with. But honestly? I told him not to kill himself for his families sake, and cut off a 30 year long friendship. I got no place in my life for sex offenders.

I don’t anticipate my views softening. But then, I’ve never been good at predicting the future. I was in intelligence, after all.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

My part of town’s on a shelter at home order with a police perimeter because somebody decided to shoot a mailman delivering mail

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Eh?

People kill elk and even moose with bow and arrow, a human isn't going to fare better.

If you're a good archer you can pull, draw and loose in a very short span of time. Not semiautomatic fast, but fast enough, especially if you're firing into an unprepared crowd that is trying to flee in a confined space.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kesper North posted:

Eh?

People kill elk and even moose with bow and arrow, a human isn't going to fare better.

If you're a good archer you can pull, draw and loose in a very short span of time. Not semiautomatic fast, but fast enough, especially if you're firing into an unprepared crowd that is trying to flee in a confined space.

Well that was kind of my thought, it was either someone with a lot of talent or a crossbow (which could arguably compensate for certain deficiencies. I didn’t mean to imply an arrow or bolt isn’t deadly for a human.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Too bad he ruined a lot of that goodwill with complaints about workers getting unemployment during the ongoing pandemic

Guy Fieri contains multitudes.

It's kind of a lovely thing to say but I get the impression it comes from him working constantly throughout the pandemic (I'm out there organizing and cooking for people in the pandemic, other people should be able too) and his knowledge that a lot of restaurants are dying/going to die especially without staff.

Still, on the whole, probably has done a lot more good for people than I ever will.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Eej posted:

Guy Fieri contains multitudes.

It's kind of a lovely thing to say but I get the impression it comes from him working constantly throughout the pandemic (I'm out there organizing and cooking for people in the pandemic, other people should be able too) and his knowledge that a lot of restaurants are dying/going to die especially without staff.

Still, on the whole, probably has done a lot more good for people than I ever will.

We don't do shades of gray here son, if someone has done or said something ever, that's it for them as a person.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Maybe if he became a very vocal supporter of raising server and kitchen wages instead of saying "no one wants to work" he wouldn't come across as much as a douche.

Maybe. Those frosted tips still weigh heavily against him.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

he was part of owning the living gently caress out of docevil and that memory will never die

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Who/what is docevil? I’m online, but not terminally so.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Some FYAD geekster

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

mlmp08 posted:

Some people just can't help but being miserable pieces of poo poo

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I haven't even POSTED today

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

He was a longtime admin here but he's been gone for years.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

CainFortea posted:

I get what you’re saying, but child molesters should never be part of your argument if you are in favor of prison reform, even if you are 100% inarguably correct.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/politicalinsidr/status/1448253202198147076

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

They aren’t subtle at all