Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol: at RBG not retiring probably at least in part because it was a black man telling her to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Maybe appointing oldsters with opinions decades out of date to a lifetime appointment so their brains turn to pudding while ruling on important decisions isn’t the best idea for an entire branch of government idk

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
lol nobody over 50 should have any power in government. Maximum age cutoff

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Guze posted:

gotta agree with trumbus here. republicans should never vote again

Yea, no matter who they vote for it will be for some government employee! Stealing you tax dollars!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

The Last Call posted:

To cough and die should be their new motto.

'sad' lol. Nope

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

"win the senate"

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

kazil posted:

"win the senate"

Yeah "look good on paper" is more like it

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

mackensie posted:

Follow the plan

Please tell me this is real

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

kazil posted:

"win the senate"

Meh, at least they can confirm judges and appointments. :shrug:

Seriously, if Mitch ran the Senate, Biden would have nothing but “acting” cabinet members and the Republicans would be challenging everything they do in court because they’re not properly confirmed.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Strong Sauce posted:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/katie-couric-says-she-edited-ruth-bader-ginsburgs-2016-anthem-kneeling-comments-to-protect-her

lmao women's rights yes... but 'colored' rights? no.

there's like just so many questions about this that i want to know... like did RBG understand that slavery existed? did she somehow miss that or forget about it?

whole bunch of CHUDs parading rbg around like she was one of them. lmao... also while applauding rbg also lambasting couric for lying again.. great job katie!

She remembers, she was just a racist piece of poo poo that thought black people should consider themselves lucky to be enslaved and should thank white people for freeing them. She voted for women's rights, unless those were also worker's rights in which case women could go gently caress themselves.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

chuds should continue to get an easily preventable disease and never vote. i'd be so owned

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

How long before givesendgo is shutdown as a financial supporter of terrorism? :lol:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Guze posted:

chuds should continue to get an easily preventable disease and never vote. i'd be so owned

Also, keep losing their jobs and only means of financial support. :hmmyes:

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

drbone

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Trump, a lib? Hell no. He's just a toxic narcissist. This is textbook toxic narcissist bullshit. "If I can't have my way, then burn it all down!"

Except, y'know, he won't just burn down the Republican Party, he's going to try to burn down the entire country as well. :thumbsup:
he's also intensly stupid, which is why he's making this threat roughly a year after it would be helpful and roughly 18 months after he finished giving the gop everything they want and then was shocked they didn't back him. didn't even hold the supreme court hostage an hour to get an extra fish sandwich. just got a call from some preacher who said he had the shiniest balls and, mister master negotiator, gave them everything they wanted and then said "so you'll definitely help me to win reelection now?" and then shocked face when they didn't.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Definitely not more to this story. Nope, for sure just showed up at a board meeting in good faith and were immediately arrested for the crime of being conservative.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

https://twitter.com/aaronblake/status/1448375753448599554?s=21

Wow, you can actually measure them getting stupider!

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Steadiman posted:

lol nobody over 50 should have any power in government. Maximum age cutoff
to be fair... no one back in 1776 or whenever thought anyone could live past the age of 50... "what's the oldest they'll ever get in the future? 60? 65? lol"

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Vote GOP to bring back polio and smallpox!

:thumbsup:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

MrMojok posted:

If they're the only ones getting it, I'm all for it

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Strong Sauce posted:

to be fair... no one back in 1776 or whenever thought anyone could live past the age of 50... "what's the oldest they'll ever get in the future? 60? 65? lol"

20 years ago, dudes in their 50s keeled over dead of a heart attack all the time.

Now, the ones with money and access to healthcare have cholesterol drugs and poo poo. It sucks.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Play posted:

If they're the only ones getting it, I'm all for it

Not how it works, sadly.

Even if it’s a ratio of 90-10, some good people would still suffer and die needlessly.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1448403692693057540

Owning the libs?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Owned! Compilation

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

loving Moron posted:

Don't gently caress with Vietnamese farmers?

loving Moron posted:

Don't gently caress with afghan opium farmers.

Never got involved in a land war in Asia.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1448371633463332864?s=21

rolleyes
Nov 16, 2006

Sometimes you have to roll the hard... two?

Finally, a republican policy I can get on board with.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Unrelated Fox News question:

Here in Australia the NewsCorp, (Rupert Murdoch), papers have recently done a sudden 180 turn and realized that Climate Change is real and scary and a bad thing, and that we should be doing more to reduce greenhouse gasses etc. Which is a departure from their previously held views of "gently caress the hippies. Coal is great."

Given that nothing happens at NewsCorp without direct instruction from Rupert, has Fox News in America gotten this memo, and are now espousing the green lifestyle? Or are they still too busy with the evil vaccine, and Hunter Biden's laptop?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Trust the plan, Marge.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

pretty sure newscorp is run by rupert's son now and not rupert himself.

edit: apparently the ceo is this dude? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Thomson_(executive)

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

vaginite posted:

Yep our entire defense budget is just a way to shovel money into a couple guy's pockets.

Note to Self: Send a message back in time and tell my parents to invest every last penny into Lockheed/Northrop in TYoOL 2000.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

BrigadierSensible posted:

Unrelated Fox News question:

Here in Australia the NewsCorp, (Rupert Murdoch), papers have recently done a sudden 180 turn and realized that Climate Change is real and scary and a bad thing, and that we should be doing more to reduce greenhouse gasses etc. Which is a departure from their previously held views of "gently caress the hippies. Coal is great."

Given that nothing happens at NewsCorp without direct instruction from Rupert, has Fox News in America gotten this memo, and are now espousing the green lifestyle? Or are they still too busy with the evil vaccine, and Hunter Biden's laptop?

The inmates have taken over the asylum in American Fox. See also: how they briefly toyed with supporting the lifesaving vaccine before Fucker and Hannity were like "lol nope, the dipshits that make my fanbase didn't like that."

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

MrMojok posted:

Hell yes, my plan to refurbish and resell iron lungs to self-treating Republicans comes ever so closer to reality.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Batterypowered7 posted:

Note to Self: Send a message back in time and tell my parents to invest every last penny into Lockheed/Northrop in TYoOL 2000.

lmao if your message isn't, "stuff all your money into apple and amazon.. and then when google goes ipo in 2004"

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Wow I agree! I too would have questions if this kind of insane poo poo were remotely true instead of just wholly fabricated in the minds of mentally ill republican conspiracy theorists!

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Hazo posted:

The inmates have taken over the asylum in American Fox. See also: how they briefly toyed with supporting the lifesaving vaccine before Fucker and Hannity were like "lol nope, the dipshits that make my fanbase didn't like that."

It's amusing because you can see exactly where the divide between true believers and the grifters are.

Fox News? They're the grifters. They all have the vaccine. They probably got the vaccine before most of anyone else even. But every day they do a "Some people say the vaccine is lowering your sperm count." type of bullshit fake news grift.

And then you have the talk radio hosts who are the true believers and getting decimated by COVID because they want to own the libs.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

:siren: WE’VE HAD 40,000 BRAZILIANS COMING THROUGH THE YUMA SECTOR ALONE, HEADED FOR CONNECTICUT WEARING DESIGNER CLOTHES AND CARRYING GUCCI BAGS!! :siren:

https://twitter.com/thejoelstein/status/1448414791307984896?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
https://twitter.com/gregkellyusa/status/1448417370041630721

This guy has mastered Twitter.