Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

My dad is a big collector of stuff, and buys a little too much random poo poo from a local auction.

Yesterday he told me he bought me a present at the auction and at first I started protesting but then he said it’s a box of nunchucks, throwing stars, and machetes.

:hellyeah:

Sadly it might be a while before I go get it but 13 year old me is very happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
Post pictures whenever you do get to see it!!!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Post pictures whenever you do get to see it!!!

Absolutely, I hope it’s all as cheesy awesome as I’m imagining :pray:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

My dad also gave me this book in the mid 80s

Inside he wrote something like “with the hopes that you’ll learn to be a visible peacemaker” which at the time I thought almost ruined the book.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
That is awesome!

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Snowy posted:

My dad also gave me this book in the mid 80s

Inside he wrote something like “with the hopes that you’ll learn to be a visible peacemaker” which at the time I thought almost ruined the book.

Weak. I can see him quite plainly

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Scratch Monkey posted:

Weak. I can see him quite plainly

The author is behind the guy with the beard :ninja:

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Wasn’t Tarzan’s jungle communicator just him yelling like an rear end in a top hat?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

wa27 posted:

Saw this at Goodwill today and thought of you, Gutter Phoenix.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Did you break into my house? :raise:

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Szyznyk posted:

Wasn’t Tarzan’s jungle communicator just him yelling like an rear end in a top hat?

Yeah like we've got this cheap poo poo fake walkie talkie toy, how the gently caress are we gonna sell this? Idk just throw fuckin, Tarzan on there or somebody.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Jetto Jagga posted:

Yeah like we've got this cheap poo poo fake walkie talkie toy, how the gently caress are we gonna sell this? Idk just throw fuckin, Tarzan on there or somebody.

I got banana-shaped walkie-talkies for sending in enough Chiquita banana stickers.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Jetto Jagga posted:

Is that even a walkie-talkie... thing? I thought it was some kind of flashing/mirror device you flash morse code to some other scrub that is there wondering what the gently caress that flashing thing is. You would think if it was a walkie-talkie, there would at least be two in the package.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

No, it's a cheap reflective plastic hunk-o-junk.

Fleetwood made "rack toys" to sell at drug stores (or wherever). They licensed characters from TV shows/movies/comics and stuck them with cheap junk that often had nothing to do with the actual character.

I love these things.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I got banana-shaped walkie-talkies for sending in enough Chiquita banana stickers.

Do you still have it? If so, post pictures!

I loved sending away for free poo poo when I was a kid. I recently found a glow in the dark shark from "Shark Bites" fruit chews that had been at my parents' house since the early 90's.

I just remembered the time I ordered free US Army knee-socks from an ad in Parade magazine. I was a 17 year old senior in high school, and I gave them to a girl named Mary who I was trying to woo with my non-existent charms. Instead, I got army recruiters blowing up my landline phone for at least a year trying to get me to enlist. LOL!!!

I hope Mary still has those socks. They were ugly and cool.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

For some reason I was reading this as "Live Stream" and was trying to figure out how that parsed.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Robert Facepalmer posted:

Is that even a walkie-talkie... thing? I thought it was some kind of flashing/mirror device you flash morse code to some other scrub that is there wondering what the gently caress that flashing thing is. You would think if it was a walkie-talkie, there would at least be two in the package.

Oh yeah doy Tarzan's even flashing it on the package, I'm dumb! It's just so cheap and nasty!

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Ehhh, don't feel bad. They probably would have had Tarzan doing anydamnthing and used it on the package.

'Amazing Jungle Survival Knife!' Why is Tarzan washing dishes? Is his knife dirty?

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

McGruff the bitch-rear end snitch.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

All the crime of the 70s and 80s were because kids didn’t snitch enough. I never knew!

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

"Man, I totally wanted to go to the prom, but radicalized vandals burned down the gym. And Suzy Johnson's parents' house where we were all gonna go get drunk afterwards. gently caress!
Oh well. I guess we'll just go smoke some angel dust and go to the cockfights. Again.
High school sucks, dude."

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

nsfw
Selections from an Easyrider. Let me know if those shorts need a nsfw tag. Sorry about the glare.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

"California residents add 6% for the man" :flipoff:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

"Muff hair can show if ya want, but it's not necessary to win."

That is like, cocaine: the sentence

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Gutter Phoenix posted:

"Man, I totally wanted to go to the prom, but radicalized vandals burned down the gym. And Suzy Johnson's parents' house where we were all gonna go get drunk afterwards. gently caress!
Oh well. I guess we'll just go smoke some angel dust and go to the cockfights. Again.
High school sucks, dude."

Later those kids went on to create NextDoor so they could have thousands of people have a place to complain about how crime is always on the rise and things were better and they saw a brown person in their neighborhood so we need more cops.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

What kind of outlaw knows a notary?!

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Gutter Phoenix posted:

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

I have a hilarious amount of old Easyriders. What do you all want to see? Pictures of people, bikes, weird merch (fyi warning there is a lot of swastika poo poo), gross comics, or whatever? I don't want to make it weird with too much nsfw stuff.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

AKZ posted:

weird merch (fyi warning there is a lot of swastika poo poo), gross comics

:sickos:

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Hi you must be new to something awful, we used to have a shithead for a owner now we're cool. Please bring us your dreck and the funnies

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

AKZ posted:

I have a hilarious amount of old Easyriders. What do you all want to see? Pictures of people, bikes, weird merch (fyi warning there is a lot of swastika poo poo), gross comics, or whatever? I don't want to make it weird with too much nsfw stuff.

Yes!!!

I posted some issues of Easyriders way earlier in the thread. They are hilariously trashy, but chock full of floppy biker boobs and racist bullshit.

Nonetheless, this thread is a window into the past, lovely parts and all, so post anything that strikes your fancy or stands out to you.

Thanks for the contributions! I love crappy old magazines. They are perfect time capsules.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Happy to oblige. I have this pile of them that I wound up with. Again, let know if something should have been tagged nsfw. We'll continue with another pass on the same issue.

AKZ fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Oct 14, 2021

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

LOL at the fuckin' DIY tattoo removal ad!!

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Gutter Phoenix posted:

LOL at the fuckin' DIY tattoo removal ad!!

I looked it up and saw that the FDA banned it in 1992 because, surprise, it's really bad for your skin!

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Yes!!!

I posted some issues of Easyriders way earlier in the thread. They are hilariously trashy, but chock full of floppy biker boobs and racist bullshit.

what can ya do
when your world is invaded by floppy biker boobs
what can ya do
when the things that made you happy now only make you blue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

"Void where prohibited by the heat" would be a good thread title.