Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

How much does a slice of pizza cost at your Costco? I'll go first, mine has them for $1.99.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I'm going to church in Saturday and I fuckin HOPE they have that puzzle

Also the hoodie

Also brown sugar boba bars

Okay let's put together a "these are goon approved and everyone loves" Costco items list

1) brown sugar boba bars
2) 505 salsa

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Johnny Truant posted:

1) brown sugar boba bars
2) 505 salsa
3) Bitchin sauce
4) Sherpa blankets

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

:hmmyes:

Can you link the Sherpa blanket? I'm p sure I got one last time I went but it didn't have the word "Sherpa" in it so I'm confused?

Also I haven't tried bitchin sauce yet :ohdear:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Johnny Truant posted:

Also I haven't tried bitchin sauce yet :ohdear:

I got super hyped on that stuff thanks to this thread, and got disappointed when I finally got to try it. It's good the first few bites but I've had enough after that, I think it's too rich.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

where is the $1.50 hotdog combo?? (with refill)

e: on a serious note, I think the thread has raved about Rao's Homemade Marinara in the past so that could be a good addition to the list

HOMOEROTIC JESUS fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Oct 13, 2021

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I got super hyped on that stuff thanks to this thread, and got disappointed when I finally got to try it. It's good the first few bites but I've had enough after that, I think it's too rich.

100% agree.

Jows
May 8, 2002

My wife and I have been on the lookout for stroopwafel since they disappeared last year, but she did see the stroopwafel ice cream sandwiches and got excited enough to bring a box home.
I was disappointed. The ice cream is very bad, and the whole concept is off considering the point of the stroopwafel is to get warmed up so the caramel melts!

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Geodude used Reply to Thread! It's super effective!
A whole box of the brown sugar boba tea bars was too much of an impulse buy for me.

Yes they're good, yes they're also a good deal, but they're very rich and I feel like it's a decadent dessert rather than a refreshing ice cream. I've only been able to eat like one a week, and they're taking up space in the freezer.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

My favorite frozen treat from Costco all summer has been the Welsh's frozen juice bars. Probably bought like 4 bags of them this year.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Geodude posted:

A whole box of the brown sugar boba tea bars was too much of an impulse buy for me.

Yes they're good, yes they're also a good deal, but they're very rich and I feel like it's a decadent dessert rather than a refreshing ice cream. I've only been able to eat like one a week, and they're taking up space in the freezer.

They're like 160 calories, believe it or not. I also just take them out of the box and store them loosely, saves a ton of space.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Geodude posted:

Lol I ate two in a row last night

Barry posted:

They're like 160 calories, believe it or not.

This blows my mind and I'm fuckin here for it

Chest freezer full of brown sugar boba bars when?!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

We saw kulfi bars at a Costco, but didn't buy them because it was a bit of a madhouse so we cut our losses and decided to come back another time (clearly, the 'best' time to go to our nearest Costco isn't a universal). Has anybody tried those?

Also, on a previous trip we picked up one of the 'chinchilla' throw pillows, and I love it. I want to buy the big body pillow sized one even though I don't know what I'd do with it.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I mean I was just going on what I know having read every single post and leaving plenty of blanks. If we're adding individual recommendations instead of just hive mind I'll add:

-52 packs of "auto cleaning" terrycloth towels
-big sack of new potatoes, avocados, apples (the carton packed Fujis), summer squash and zucchini sack, double bubble of butter living lettuce
-bagels, for those living in benighted places without local options
-Chocolate Banana Almond Milk
-1L coconut waters
-the giant tub of block feta (death to precrumbled cheese)
-KS Fat-free Greek yogurt
-seconding Rao's marinara, 505, and also the San Marzano canned tomatoes
-sack of salt and pepper pistachios
-KS Omeprazole (Prilosec generic)
-Natrol melatonin gummies
- Booze (KS vodka, gin, bourbon, tequila and even their margarita mix)

And that's all in counter clockwise order like my store.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Ooh also the big jars of dried oregano and black peppercorns, LaCroix, rolled oats, brown rice, organic canned black beans, the individual avocado mash and hummus snacks, actually it's all good just only eat food from costco

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Barry posted:

They're like 160 calories, believe it or not. I also just take them out of the box and store them loosely, saves a ton of space.

WOW. I had one the other night while watching the Great British Bake-Off, and it felt downright decadent.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Okay I hope goons didn't steer me wrong. Spent 5 hours, a dozen phone calls, and drove 60 miles to finally find a place with 3 used aerons, and 2 of them were broken. I spent possibly too much money for a used aeron with non OEM arm rests and plenty of cosmetic scuffs but it seems to work fine and is hella comfortable.

It wasn't as easy as I wanted and my bullshit alarm is going off that I got scammed but I couldn't go another 10 hour shift sitting in that thing.

Worst of all I didn't have time to stop at Costco. I need AAA batteries.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I mean... it depends on how much you paid? They're expensive chairs to begin with though.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
$600. They wanted more but I haggled down. If I get ~4 years out of it I'll consider it getting my money's worth. Didn't think of this but the used chair market is hot right now from everyone trying to furnish their home offices. Sales guy said they got 70 used gestures in last week and they all got bought up wholesale sight unseen.

Yes I'm aware this is the Costco thread but let's be real, this is ultimately the dad thread and it turns out there's a significant dad energy between shopping at Costco and just resting your eyes in the recliner.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Renegret posted:

Okay I hope goons didn't steer me wrong. Spent 5 hours, a dozen phone calls, and drove 60 miles to finally find a place with 3 used aerons, and 2 of them were broken. I spent possibly too much money for a used aeron with non OEM arm rests and plenty of cosmetic scuffs but it seems to work fine and is hella comfortable.

It wasn't as easy as I wanted and my bullshit alarm is going off that I got scammed but I couldn't go another 10 hour shift sitting in that thing.

Worst of all I didn't have time to stop at Costco. I need AAA batteries.

I wouldn't worry about cosmetic scuffs; you're not going to see it when you're in it. I've got OEM armrests that look pretty much mint because the only thing the armrests do is bump into the front of my desk to let me know I've scooted in too far (or spun around too close to the desk). My lumbar thing is wrapped with Hello Kitty duct tape because my wife tried to adjust it and it pretty much crumbled in her hands. I replaced the wheels with inline skate wheels from amazon for like $30.

Pretty sure I paid $600 for it in 2000. It's been a good run.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

LadyPictureShow posted:

We saw kulfi bars at a Costco, but didn't buy them because it was a bit of a madhouse so we cut our losses and decided to come back another time (clearly, the 'best' time to go to our nearest Costco isn't a universal). Has anybody tried those?

Also, on a previous trip we picked up one of the 'chinchilla' throw pillows, and I love it. I want to buy the big body pillow sized one even though I don't know what I'd do with it.
I was super disappointed in the kulfi bars. They're tiny and not very creamy or flavorful. I didn't think they'd be much like real kulfi and I was still let down by them.

And I mean it they're teeny tiny.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Renegret posted:

$600. They wanted more but I haggled down. If I get ~4 years out of it I'll consider it getting my money's worth. Didn't think of this but the used chair market is hot right now from everyone trying to furnish their home offices. Sales guy said they got 70 used gestures in last week and they all got bought up wholesale sight unseen.

That’s a bit high but he wasn’t kidding that WFH completely obliterated the used chair market. You’re just lucky you found something functional and works so I’d consider that a win.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
The only important measure of Costco gas is how much cheaper it is than other places. Today it was 73 cents or 20% cheaper.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Spotted on my latest trip to the 'Co:

A lady definitely thought I was being weird for taking a picture of some pumpkins.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

To the 6’5” woman I saw in Costco today buying a bale of toilet paper and a rotisserie chicken and a hotdog, if you’re in this thread reading this, I would like to marry you.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

bird with big dick posted:

To the 6’5” woman I saw in Costco today buying a bale of toilet paper and a rotisserie chicken and a hotdog, if you’re in this thread reading this, I would like to marry you.

Holy moly, my Queen

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

FCKGW posted:

That’s a bit high but he wasn’t kidding that WFH completely obliterated the used chair market. You’re just lucky you found something functional and works so I’d consider that a win.

What was funny was when I asked about used chairs on the phone, they listed off their stock of aerons and leaps. It's like they know what people want.

When I got there they had a really healthy stock of these allsteel chairs that were like new. Claimed they were $700 that they were selling for $250 which was probably exaggerated but they were actually quite comfortable. I would've bought one but they didn't match up to the aeron so in the end I took the risk of the more expensive heavier used chair. When I asked about gestures, he said they're impossible to get. Local companies will buy them up wholesale, sight unseen, even the broken ones to repair themselves.

When I got home I found my FIL left me a Costco package of Scott's toilet paper. He thought everyone was greatly exaggerating the supply issues so he went to check it out and they had 7 packages of Scott's and no paper towels. So he bought one for me and we're calling it emergency rations.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Oct 14, 2021

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
I use Scott cuz I got a septic

was at costco today. Got 25lbs of King Arthur flour for 12 bucks because it's pie making season. And 150 dollars worth of other poo poo

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

bird with big dick posted:

youre not smythe

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
my loving desk finally collapsed, i'm going to have to go down to costco tomorrow and buy whatever gamer themed monstrosity they have in stock. Hopefully there won't be too many LEDs on it.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

LadyPictureShow posted:

fizzymercury posted:

I was super disappointed in the kulfi bars. They're tiny and not very creamy or flavorful. I didn't think they'd be much like real kulfi and I was still let down by them.

And I mean it they're teeny tiny.
Yeah this matches my experience pretty close.

They're much more ice milk textured than the boba bars, a little like a popsicle. The flavors are mild, but I remember liking the cardamom the best. I definitely wanted the pistachio to be a bit stronger but I'd eat pistachios by the bagful.

They're also pretty tiny, if I remember right. We finished the box, but didn't replace it when it was gone. I didn't hate them, but ultimately they weren't really to my tastes.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

my loving desk finally collapsed, i'm going to have to go down to costco tomorrow and buy whatever gamer themed monstrosity they have in stock. Hopefully there won't be too many LEDs on it.

Only desk I've seen there is a smallish motorized standing desk, but that's been probably 6 months ago.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

FCKGW posted:

I lucked out and was able to get a like-new Steelcase Leap 2 for $300 from a used office furniture warehouse just down the street from my old apartment, a few months into the pandemic. They are really solid chairs.

Abyss
Oct 29, 2011
Had all my items in the cart barcode face up and the cashier helper just took it all out and put it on the belt. Makes me wonder if I’m doing it wrong.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!

Abyss posted:

Had all my items in the cart barcode face up and the cashier helper just took it all out and put it on the belt. Makes me wonder if I’m doing it wrong.

Just tell em it's ready to shoot!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

yooooooo

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
the first time i went into a business center it blew my mind

theres one near where i get tires and i always walk over and just browse. and it has a foodcourt too!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Chinatown posted:

the first time i went into a business center it blew my mind

theres one near where i get tires and i always walk over and just browse. and it has a foodcourt too!

It's great for heavy duty kitchen supplies. The pans and skillets are cheap, sturdy as hell, and for home use will probably outlast the person buying them.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Not a baaaaad deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

One of the things I really like at the business center are the packaged frozen duck breasts. So much easier and cheaper than buying a full duck, and because each pair of duck breasts is in a single package you don't have to defrost a giant bag of them when you want to cook some.