Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Lmao just rewound the Hawks Avs game to watch the jack Johnson breakaway goal, hysterical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Crap now that was bad defence

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

aejix posted:

Lmao just rewound the Hawks Avs game to watch the jack Johnson breakaway goal, hysterical

It's wild JMFJ scoring isn't even the funniest part of the play!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Tyler Myers stood still out of position covering no one for a good 8 seconds there. It ended when the Oilers scored from where he should've been.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

ThinkTank posted:

Tyler Myers stood still out of position covering no one for a good 8 seconds there. It ended when the Oilers scored from where he should've been.

The Tyler Myers Experience

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I was assured when Wheeler looked like dogshit in preseason that he was just a vet taking it easy and he'd be sharp once the season started. I was assured of this.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Logan Stanley you know you can’t pull off that stretch pass lol

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Gerblederp posted:

The Tyler Myers Experience

Every time I think of him the voice of Uncle Herb from the Simpsons asking in horror "what does this monstrosity cost?" plays in my head.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Hawks getting a power play out of pity?

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
What’s the worst 2nd pairing in Canada right now?

OEL-Myers
Keith-Ceci
Del Zotto-Zaitsev

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

ThinkTank posted:

Every time I think of him the voice of Uncle Herb from the Simpsons asking in horror "what does this monstrosity cost?" plays in my head.

I used to get that with Dmitri Kulikov and he only cost half as much

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Kubalik :siren:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

OEL-Myers
Keith-Ceci
Del Zotto-Zaitsev

Keith-Ceci probably but that's like asking which of Trump's sons is most disappointing to him.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

:siren: Not a shutout :siren:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Hard to pick against Ottawa there, but I'm confident in Keith-Ceci being nearly all time bad.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Hard to pick against Ottawa there, but I'm confident in Keith-Ceci being nearly all time bad.

Edmonton deliberately acquired both of them this summer at great expense

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Keith-Ceci probably but that's like asking which of Trump's sons is most disappointing to him.

That's extremely easy... it's Trump Jr.

Lol too much man's.

Edit: Zaitsev and Ceci were traded for one another though so I feel like that's a wash

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Is California restricting capacity at sporting events or is Anaheim just half full for their home opener?

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

OEL-Myers
Keith-Ceci
Del Zotto-Zaitsev

Vancouver’s forwards are good, but I think you might actually need both McDavid and Leon to outscore the tyre fire that is both teams defence.

There must have been half a dozen very dangerous second chances in front of Demko that period. Oilers gave up there own set of golden chances but for the most part they atleast cleared the crease.

I’m no expert by any means, but I don’t get how the Canucks expect such a aggressive forecheck to work when the defence is sooo bad at dealing with players coming at speed.

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Mason McTavish just said, not in so many words, that he was taking a dump when he got the message that tonight would be his NHL debut.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Cassie and the crew were dissecting every single Duncan Keith play celebrating him being in position and oops a clip of him loving up

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
The Blackhawks suck and all, but it's pretty cathartic watching fleury get lit up by the Avs after the Avs couldn't do poo poo against Vegas' defense in the playoffs.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

I would like to point out that through one period, per the Natural Stat Trick model, Tyler Myers has been on the ice for a cumulative full 1.04 xGA and how that's absolutely incredibly awful.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Connor!

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Fuckin' finally, suck my rear end Gibson

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Gibson pretty pissy huh

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
still using Josh Morrisey on the powerplay I see

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The Dirty Burger posted:

still using Josh Morrisey on the powerplay I see

He got demoted to PP2 at least

e: of course that's the unit with Ehlers on it so it's actually the better powerplay

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

Pillbug
Old man Smith battling away tonight

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Hawks cannot generate anything at even strength

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

ThinkTank posted:

Canucks/Oilers make a tape to tape D to D pass challenge 2021

Can it be done?

No, unless it's to the other team.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Hellebuyck playing the puck will never stop scaring the poo poo out of me

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Hahahah Keith eat poo poo

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
haha suck it keith. myers did something good!

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

goldrush posted:

haha suck it keith. myers did something good!

Two things, he's off the ice for 5 minutes :haw:

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Smith god drat what a save on Chiasson

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Surprised Pettersson took so long with that pass.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

ok now I'm getting a little angry

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
I thought a too many men call was negated if a player purposefully shoots the puck at the opponent skating off the ice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
That was a nice play by Dach