Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Wanderer posted:

The real twist is going to come from how every time they send Wolverine into the Orchis strike and gently caress it up, they're further funding Orchis to the tune of a few billion dollars' worth of synthetic Adamantium.

Orchis's accountants have come to rely upon this. The only thing keeping their secret solar space fortress in the black is the cash injection from X-Force suicide strikes.

Can you re-melt adamantium? I thought the entire point of is was you couldn't change it after it hardens? They just have a bunch of Wolverine skellies.

I guess they are just right next to the Sun, they can probably re-melt it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
What you can or can't do with adamantium is irrelevant when you have Proteus

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Blockhouse posted:

What you can or can't do with adamantium is irrelevant when you have Proteus

Yeah, I get that, Orchiis doesn't have Proteus.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Oh I totally misunderstood what we were talking about. Ignore me!!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

danbanana posted:

Steve Orlando taking over for Duggen on Marauders post-Inferno with Annual #1.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/com...auders-annual-1

Dauterman cover indicates some new potential members...

And the article says exactly who will be on the team.

My question is: Steve Orlando good?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m so sick of Psylocke already..

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Open Marriage Night posted:

My question is: Steve Orlando good?
He's written some awesome things before and generally seems to respect characters, though he has enough foibles that I wouldn't quite consider him a tip-top-tier writer or anything.

.......which is to say, he'll be fine on Marauders. It's a good fit.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Skwirl posted:

Can you re-melt adamantium? I thought the entire point of is was you couldn't change it after it hardens? They just have a bunch of Wolverine skellies.

I guess they are just right next to the Sun, they can probably re-melt it.

There are a couple of things you can do to recycle set Adamantium, IIRC. One of them, a "molecular rearranger," is why Ultron can make so many spare bodies.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Molecular_Rearranger

Caros
May 14, 2008

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I suspect it's because X-Force needing to get resurrected by The Five is a very commonplace occurrence, but like seventy mutants, not so much. Remember, Xavier and Magneto are trying to keep this quiet. They can explain away Yet More Dead X-Force easily, but if they start going "okay we need to bring back these thirty guys and also stop asking what happened to all the spare Gambits", Hope is gonna start asking some questions, y'know?

Woke up my girlfriend snickering at 'Yet More Dead X-Force'. So thanks for that. Now all I can think of is the worst krakoan cereal imaginable. Oops, All Dead X-Force.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Am I out of the loop here on comixology? I can't find any of tomorrows releases (Excalibur hellions and new mutants) on there. The series just ends with the previous issue.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Kingtheninja posted:

Am I out of the loop here on comixology? I can't find any of tomorrows releases (Excalibur hellions and new mutants) on there. The series just ends with the previous issue.

It’s being combined with Amazon so you have to find it on Amazon’s awful awful site

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Well it's not the dumbest idea I've heard today but it's real close.

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
If they cloned Wolverine wouldn’t he have a bone skeleton without the adamantium? I thought the eggs were organic material?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

SnatchRabbit posted:

If they cloned Wolverine wouldn’t he have a bone skeleton without the adamantium? I thought the eggs were organic material?

Proteus is a short range reality warper.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

bobkatt013 posted:

It’s being combined with Amazon so you have to find it on Amazon’s awful awful site

Is there an announcement of this somewhere? I only buy digital and I don't want to miss out.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Joe Fisto posted:

Is there an announcement of this somewhere? I only buy digital and I don't want to miss out.

Here's the FAQs:

https://support.comixology.com/hc/en-us/articles/4407002667415-ComiXology-Updates-Coming-in-the-Fall

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

Rick posted:

I originally just assumed the twist was that this was one of the lives but not 616 or whatever but then they started referencing Krakoa in other books and clearly that was not the case. I am kind of am going back to wondering if that is the case though and the other references just happened to be stories that took place in that version of Moria's life too.

the twist is going to be "in which order did Moira live her ten lives"

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
there must be something bad that happens if orchis actually blows up. there's no way moira is as out of things as she says to charles and magneto. i'm going with she wants to be kidnapped by orchis for some reason. she says she doesn't want to work with machines but /shrug

i'll have to drag out my copy of hoxpox to see her timelines, but i wonder if she gets rid of destiny with legion at muir island every time. probably not, but she'd need to kill her somehow. maybe we'll get a flashback sequence!

e: oh, destiny says she wants moira to do what she tries to do in the other lives. so yeah, the reason destiny can't come back now might be because moira plans to gently caress mutants up, by getting picked up by orchis. hm

Quotey fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Oct 6, 2021

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kingtheninja posted:

They're there now. Probably just didn't get the listings added yet for whatever reason.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Half a thought:

Back in the day, late in Claremont's run, Nimrod was able to talk Master Mold into throwing both of them into the Siege Perilous (to become Bastion?) because Nimrod's new way of thinking meant that he'd effectively "mutated." I remember that Claremont very specifically had Nimrod go from acting like a robot to more deliberately human speech patterns over the course of maybe 30 issues in the background, to the point where he had a somewhat deadpan sense of humor.

Trying to make friends with the machines doesn't work, but what if Moira's goal is to get Orchis's recreated Nimrod and have that "mutate" the way the original did?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Wanderer posted:

Half a thought:

Back in the day, late in Claremont's run, Nimrod was able to talk Master Mold into throwing both of them into the Siege Perilous (to become Bastion?) because Nimrod's new way of thinking meant that he'd effectively "mutated." I remember that Claremont very specifically had Nimrod go from acting like a robot to more deliberately human speech patterns over the course of maybe 30 issues in the background, to the point where he had a somewhat deadpan sense of humor.

Trying to make friends with the machines doesn't work, but what if Moira's goal is to get Orchis's recreated Nimrod and have that "mutate" the way the original did?

That’s an interesting theory seemingly supported by the Hellions run, the Smileys they destroyed seemed to be evolving in their AI at that moment, effectively mutating. Maybe the lil Robobaby Nanny is watching over will develop a competing technology for ORCHIS?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Eh, the way Psylocke is being written in Hellions contradicts becoming Captain on the same month to the point it’s hand waved by editorial in a throwaway speech bubble that it shows the left hand has no idea what the right one is up to. Nanny’s new protégée is just going to be ignored by the other writers now that Zeb Wells is gone

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Jesus Hellions was depressing today.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I’d like to retract my statement on not knowing who Steve Orlando is. He got the wrestler Danhausen onto the cover of a Image book. He also co-wrote a story with, and got Danhausen on the cover of the next issue of Heavy Metal.

I’m definitely down to see what he does with Marauders.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Wanderer posted:

The real twist is going to come from how every time they send Wolverine into the Orchis strike and gently caress it up, they're further funding Orchis to the tune of a few billion dollars' worth of synthetic Adamantium.

Orchis's accountants have come to rely upon this. The only thing keeping their secret solar space fortress in the black is the cash injection from X-Force suicide strikes.

So years and years ago there was a game on PC called Prey.

It had a very confusing and long production (it was supposed to come out in the mid 90s after Quake and Duke Nukem 3D.) But it was a game set in a Dyson sphere that involved portals.

They then started to make a sequel where you were a human bounty hunter in the Dyson Sphere which was like a big melting pot of aliens. This game got cancelled and then Prey became a game set aboard a space station with aliens who turned into items like coffee cups.

But the proposed plot for Prey 2 eventually was released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KcV3O_SODk

So now I'm imagining Wolverine walking into a room which is full of dead clones of X-Force. This is the furthest they ever get.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Devil's Reign is getting an X-Men tie-in, presumably following up on the Kingpin/Emma Frost backstory alluded to a few issues back in Marauders.

https://www.amazon.com/Devils-Reign...ef_=as_li_ss_tl

https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/status/1446140267564658690

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Oct 7, 2021

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
I am really loving New Mutants. And I am especially loving what's going on with Farouk in it.

The boy does not sleep now, but neither is he free.

Adder Moray fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Oct 8, 2021

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rick posted:

I originally just assumed the twist was that this was one of the lives but not 616 or whatever but then they started referencing Krakoa in other books and clearly that was not the case. I am kind of am going back to wondering if that is the case though and the other references just happened to be stories that took place in that version of Moria's life too.

No it turns out you're right and every editor facepalms and starts find/replacing Krakoa with Westchester in any books that reference it for trades

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
I'm a week late but for anyone who read Dark Ages #2, my head canon is that Beast is working with Apocalypse without Purple Man's influence because he's such a piece of poo poo

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Okay I love me some Jeans Greys, but having her pretty effortlessly and literally bichslap a godlike entity like Nightmare is...

...well it's just fine actually, you love to see it! No notes!

Of note, I guess, if you care about this sort of thing, is that Jean refers to herself as "Omega-level telepath and telekinetic," which directly contradicts Hickman's silly HoX retcon that she doesn't have Omega-level telekinesis...unless Duggan's word choice is just poor here and he actually meant to say "Omega-level telepath, and also a non-Omega-level telekinetic in addition to that." Let's be real, he probably just forgot about that HoX infographic, which is fine by me. :allears:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I thought X-Force was fine this week, I love to see creative utilization of powers by the writers and Black Tom's scenes with Beast were great. Not feeling strongly either way about the Colossus arc and I'm struggling to remember if there were any female characters in the issues with speaking roles who weren't killed in service of male character development and a plot arc. More of the goofy stuff and less of the dour, "mature" comics, please.

X-Men was great! Love a holiday issue of a comic and i thought sharing Jean's pitch for being an X-Man was a great piece of storytelling. I'd love to see that scene revisited for other's speeches, I want to hear what Wolverine and Synch pitched. I thought it was also a good use of character history and integrating a lot of disparate plots into singular versions of the characters.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
My-I mean Colossus' pink/purple skinned waifu, noooooo, Percy, how could you do this to me-I mean Piotr?

The funny thing is, I think this technically means Beast was right to be suspicious of Colossus way back when.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

X-Force continues to be bad. Pretty sure nobody was clamoring for Colossus to be used like this.

X-Men was great, on the other hand. Good insight into three of the main characters, and it was fun to see Jean smack Nightmare around.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
He's suuuper petty and incredibly powerful, not really someone you want to piss off if you have your long term health in mind.

Granted none of these people are going to do well in the long term. They are X-Men.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

I'm a week late but for anyone who read Dark Ages #2, my head canon is that Beast is working with Apocalypse without Purple Man's influence because he's such a piece of poo poo

Are you kidding, I'm betting bringing in the Purple Man was Beast's idea

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Are you kidding, I'm betting bringing in the Purple Man was Beast's idea

....god dammit you're probably right. Or pitched the whole idea to Apocalypse

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor
"I thought he was with you."

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

BrianWilly posted:

Okay I love me some Jeans Greys, but having her pretty effortlessly and literally bichslap a godlike entity like Nightmare is...

Of note, I guess, if you care about this sort of thing, is that Jean refers to herself as "Omega-level telepath and telekinetic," which directly contradicts Hickman's silly HoX retcon that she doesn't have Omega-level telekinesis...unless Duggan's word choice is just poor here and he actually meant to say "Omega-level telepath, and also a non-Omega-level telekinetic in addition to that." Let's be real, he probably just forgot about that HoX infographic, which is fine by me. :allears:

I'm fine with it too because Jean being an Omega level telepath only never made a lick of sense to me after the Morrison run, where she's basically on the point of being Magneto but with loving everything instead of being limited to ferrous metals. Plus the fact she had no telepathy at all for years after being revived from her coccoon. For most of the time I've read stories with her, it was always her TK abilities that defined her, not the telepathy.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

BrianWilly posted:

I mean it never comes up usually, but it seems to me like an entity like Nightmare would probably have real trouble dealing with people who traipse around the astral plane as easy as most of us walk around in reality. It's like with snakes. Snakes can go around gobbling up most small mammals but one day they gently caress with a mongoose and it's like whoa hey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nightmare has a history of getting smacked around by telepathic X-Ladies going back to Generation X!