Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Platystemon posted:

Take it out on the town and make it feel special and it will give you no trouble.

There goes the neighborhood

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
well, they should have checked it for UXO first

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

So he wasn't circumsized I'm guessing.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

If the elk was wearing it for two years, couldn't they just wait a couple weeks for the antlers to shed naturally? If they're still rutting, there's no way that guy's going to get a girlfriend now.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i dont think there's any guarantee you're going to be able to find that elk in a couple weeks, dart him when he's around for the de-tiring

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Fifty Shades Of Goy

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

dr_rat posted:

Fbi types like to go into it to work when ever they can.

Like do you know how much better it is to work in a log cabin then a cubical?

They charge their crystals in there don't they? The FBI turned it into a JO shack!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

PainterofCrap posted:

Fifty Shades Of Goy

I was trying to think of a goy joke but then scrolled down and you already took the best one

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:jewish:Time to log on, what up my gentiles?

:sbahj:Way to make me be the creep random internet thing!

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

i dont think there's any guarantee you're going to be able to find that elk in a couple weeks, dart him when he's around for the de-tiring

Yeah, I think the issue was this is the first opportunity they had to do *anything* about it, despite having known about this elk for two years. If they let this go by, they might never find him again.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

thicc horny boy loses spare tire, gets pumped full of "the good stuff"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/bithapi/status/1422766572393877509

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
WOW typing ted into wikipedia main page brings up cruz, kacynski, bundy, and talks. Lasso is doing a lot of heavy lifting saving it from universal curse

I love this guy on the bright side

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Scathach posted:

Is no one else worried that the elk had that necklace for two whole years and some dudes knocked his rear end out, assaulted him and broke his antlers, and stole the necklace?

Dude should sue.

They broke his antlers? I hoped they just cut the tire off. :(

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Subjunctive posted:

They broke his antlers? I hoped they just cut the tire off. :(

They're like leaves, or a duck's penis, they fall off and grow back every year

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Cutting tires is also extremely dangerous as tires have high tension wire threaded into the tread for stability.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Captain Splendid posted:

The uh

the duck
What

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Kwyndig posted:

Cutting tires is also extremely dangerous as tires have high tension wire threaded into the tread for stability.

Is true some tires have steel cable. I don't think they're under tension and are just a pain in the rear end without a hacksaw or something which can cut metal.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
This is all dumb as hell. Why go through all of that trouble when they could just shoot it? There are literally millions of them all over. gently caress, I have three in my back yard right now doing nothing but taking up space and breeding ticks. All of this bleeding heart bullshit is getting old. Stop worrying about it and shoot the loving tire already.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Has sound

https://i.imgur.com/BbFs2jr.mp4

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
the tools they had on hand couldn't cut the steel wire in the tire, so they had no choice but to cut the antlers off. Sucks for the rut, but they'll grow back next year.

they had been trying to find this guy for quite a while, so they had to act quick.

as expected, the tire was creating an open pressure sore from where it was sitting on his neck, but it wasn't as bad as they thought it would be and they expect it to heal normally.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Captain Splendid posted:

Ah, OK. That’s better then.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Captain Splendid posted:

That can't be right...

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Strong levitation vibes itt rn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDNgmdGMpuY

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

`Nemesis posted:

the tools they had on hand couldn't cut the steel wire in the tire, so they had no choice but to cut the antlers off. Sucks for the rut, but they'll grow back next year.

they had been trying to find this guy for quite a while, so they had to act quick.

as expected, the tire was creating an open pressure sore from where it was sitting on his neck, but it wasn't as bad as they thought it would be and they expect it to heal normally.

They would have had to have been ready on-site with a battery-powered sawzall or sabre saw, and at least three each of blades and fully-charged batteries.

The bead wire is not under tension, but it is indeed a bitch to cut without the proper tools. Just cutting a tire across the carcass is hard. Zipping off the antlers, comparatively, takes no time at all.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Picnic Princess posted:

If the elk was wearing it for two years, couldn't they just wait a couple weeks for the antlers to shed naturally? If they're still rutting, there's no way that guy's going to get a girlfriend now.

someone had already put a ring on him

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Leon Sumbitches posted:

That can't be right...

https://nypost.com/2017/05/06/dont-be-fooled-ducks-are-sadistic-raping-monsters/

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

We regret to inform you that the duck is a duck

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Phy posted:

We regret to inform you that the duck is a duck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kToum8497js

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Alright, for all your tire elk needs:

quote:

The first question is, of course, why not just Sawzall that tire off? I bet a shocking number of our readers have cut through a tire with a reciprocating saw or a grinder—it can absolutely be done, so why not do that in this case?

Officer Clay had a pretty good reason why that was not done: how well do you think you could do if you had to Sawzall a tire off a 600 pound animal’s neck with only inches to spare, without cutting the animal? It’s not so easy.

It’s not like they didn’t try, either—they absolutely did try, as you can see in the picture above, but look how tight that tire is. Officer Clay said during rut the bulls get a little swollen with blood and horniness or whatever and are even bigger, so there was even less room. There was just no safe way to use that saw so close to the elk’s neck with enough margin of safety.

Plus, that elk isn’t dead, it’s tranquilized, and still breathing and moving a bit. As Officer Clay said, it was a “fluid and dynamic situation.”

So, the antlers had to go. The good news is that at this point in the year, the antlers are entirely dead tissue; earlier in the season, when the antlers are first growing, they’re vascular and would bleed and cause pain, but not at this point. This is like cutting toenails, not toes.

Sure, the lack of antlers means that our tire boy here isn’t going to be able to engage in any of the dominance displays with other males that would get him access to those sexy cows, but, according to Officer Clay, “this elk was still a bit young and not likely to miss much.”

It was the Wildlife Department’s opinion that this elk was not that likely to get laid, anyway. Harsh.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

gently caress you for dredging the memory of that ad back up. I remember when it was on like every single goddamn ad break. :corsair:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Trabant posted:

Alright, for all your tire elk needs:

Well not now that his bitchin' necklace is gone, sheesh

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.
Good. Once that elk gets older then he can be retired.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Why didn’t they just add 3 more tires and turn the elk into a car?

Beep beep

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Gorilla Radio posted:

This is going to create a lot of pressure to retread old puns that go flat.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gorilla Radio posted:

This may give him an inflated ego

Tread carefully

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

PainterofCrap posted:

Fifty Shades Of Goy

It's got some raw shicksappeal.