Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
posted in the wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
mima

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/thecartooncrave/status/1448523578161483781

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

gently caress they licensed the tatami galaxy sequel too. bleh

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Also doing the new Black Rock Shooter which is amusing on many levels

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

uhh what the gently caress

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

:bisonyes:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

https://youtu.be/68mv8a2YdXI

Apparently, Crunchyroll's rolled out their own v-tuber, streaming tuesdays and thursdays. And she streams live, unlike N-ko, the pre-recorded Netflix equivalent.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

sb hermit posted:

https://youtu.be/68mv8a2YdXI

Apparently, Crunchyroll's rolled out their own v-tuber, streaming tuesdays and thursdays. And she streams live, unlike N-ko, the pre-recorded Netflix equivalent.

Netflix named their vtuber unko?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
That would absolutely be on brand for Netflix what with their whole "We know what anime fan wants" approach to airing the content they licence.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I wish they would make an anime of Destroy All Humankind, They Can't Be Regenerated

And while I'm dreaming, it would have a huge budget and be done by kyoani

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

dogsicle posted:

uhh what the gently caress

well it's the streaming service instead of actually airing on any disney channel so i guess it makes more than 0 sense

but still i'm pretty sure it'd be the most gory thing on the service so uhhhhh yeah

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they also picked up a jp live action horror drama about cannibals.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
the real hosed up thing is that this stuff is gonna be on D+ before Fireball and it's subsequent serieses

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/AnimeNewsNet/status/1448535806646358017

sure gently caress it why not

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I think 4kids got slammed for the censorship decisions because i guess people don't know how tv networks work

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Can't wait to get endlessly owned by the F2P model in Master Duel

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Can't wait to get endlessly owned by the F2P model in Master Duel

Its going to have microtransactions?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Its going to have microtransactions?

It's a F2P TCG, just like Duel Links so yes.

There's also a 4 player one coming (???) and Rush Duel for Switch which is a proper 'premium' game but it's also a different duel format that hasn't left Asia yet so I dunno anything about it.

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Oct 14, 2021

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

drat..Thought it was a full price game like those other YGO games. Lame.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Aurora posted:

well it's the streaming service instead of actually airing on any disney channel so i guess it makes more than 0 sense

but still i'm pretty sure it'd be the most gory thing on the service so uhhhhh yeah

no i mean ugh do we have to do another Amazon song and dance with this anime licensing stuff

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

drat..Thought it was a full price game like those other YGO games. Lame.

if you have a switch shadowverse is real good

i kinda miss all the garbage rear end ygo games like the ps1 game that used the prototype system or the rts

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

if you have a switch shadowverse is real good

i kinda miss all the garbage rear end ygo games like the ps1 game that used the prototype system or the rts

Forbidden Memories was bullshit. I liked the weird branching path (?) stuff in it though. Never could beat it tho.

I remember spending all my hard earned star points on man eater bug only to realize that it doesn't have an effect cuz effect monsters didn't exist.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
so what are the chances disney cesnors the poo poo out of these animes that they'll be streaming

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's a F2P TCG, just like Duel Links so yes.

There's also a 4 player one coming (???) and Rush Duel for Switch which is a proper 'premium' game but it's also a different duel format that hasn't left Asia yet so I dunno anything about it.

f

I’m still going to play master duel for a full five days because it’s got fancy animations which is what I want out of a yugioh client

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Forbidden Memories was bullshit. I liked the weird branching path (?) stuff in it though. Never could beat it tho.

I remember spending all my hard earned star points on man eater bug only to realize that it doesn't have an effect cuz effect monsters didn't exist.

It's still funny that you couldn't get Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon or Harpie Lady Sisters because they didn't adjust them from being Pocketstation only.

Erg posted:

f

I’m still going to play master duel for a full five days because it’s got fancy animations which is what I want out of a yugioh client

It does look really nice and to give Konami a slight benefit of the doubt (which I shouldn't but), I never felt inclined to spend any money on Duel Links at all.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Willo567 posted:

so what are the chances disney cesnors the poo poo out of these animes that they'll be streaming

0%

they arent going to be airing it on tv after paw patrol its just going to be on their streaming services.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Willo567 posted:

0%. Theres no such thing as cesnorship.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

otoh they did use weird cg to add hair covering over that woman's rear end in a movie

splash?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Namtab posted:

I think 4kids got slammed for the censorship decisions because i guess people don't know how tv networks work

what about how tv networks makes it ok to turn laboon into an iceberg

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kild posted:

what about how tv networks makes it ok to turn laboon into an iceberg
they turned laboon into an iceberg because showing a whale give itself massive scarring across its face wasnt tv-y7

and they had no idea laboon would be an important plotpoint later.

obviously in hindsight its a stupid move but if youre just approaching it as a one off cartoon youre dubbing why would you think a random one-off whale would become extremely important to the plot a decade later.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Endorph posted:

they turned laboon into an iceberg because showing a whale give itself massive scarring across its face wasnt tv-y7

and they had no idea laboon would be an important plotpoint later.

obviously in hindsight its a stupid move but if youre just approaching it as a one off cartoon youre dubbing why would you think a random one-off whale would become extremely important to the plot a decade later.

So if Laboon was turned into an iceberg, how did that whole encounter play out in the 4Kids dub (assuming they got there since from what I recall said dub stopped after Alabasta)?

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Disney+ getting anime means zero chances of home video releases because they straight up said "no we're not releasing Loki on Blu-ray get hosed"

So yeah that news kinda makes me not feel good

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Zeether posted:

Disney+ getting anime means zero chances of home video releases because they straight up said "no we're not releasing Loki on Blu-ray get hosed"

So yeah that news kinda makes me not feel good

Thanks for reminding me there will never be a home release of Mandalorian unless Disney takes a page from the anime industry and sells limited run blu-rays for whale prices.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Larryb posted:

So if Laboon was turned into an iceberg, how did that whole encounter play out in the 4Kids dub (assuming they got there since from what I recall said dub stopped after Alabasta)?
laboon is an iceberg. they avoid the iceberg. thats it. the entire laboon miniarc does not happen whatsoever. they dont meet crocus or anything.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, there was kinda a lot of stuff skipped over past Loguetown, some presume it's so they could get to the very marketable Chopper quicker.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Larryb posted:

Iirc Luffy just punches a giant poorly edited iceberg and they skip straight to Whisky Peak. And from they they go straight to Drum Kingdom.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh right, yeah, they skip Little Garden because they wanted to get to Chopper immediately

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Arist posted:

Oh right, yeah, they skip Little Garden because they wanted to get to Chopper immediately

Tbh I just assume it’s because they thought that stuff was close enough to filler to work around and heavily begrudged having One Piece foisted on to them, even the guy that did the rap kind of makes it sound like they weren’t super invested in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I've heard it was foisted on them, but I also heard that they jumped into it without fully realizing the content in it and had to try their hardest to make it work in the demo they were targeting