Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

This episode is from the season where Tony cheats on Carmela with at least three different women, not to mention killing at least one person. But yeah, we're supposed to agree with him.

It's been a while since I saw the show, but if that's the season he kills Joey Pants, then yeah I agree with him on that.

Not the Columbus thing though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Crap, played out jokes aren't content.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

EL BROMANCE posted:

Crap, played out jokes aren't content.

That makes me the idiot on social media this time, so it's still technically content.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

BRUH

https://twitter.com/BrukinsaHCP/status/1448281882064457733?t=CDdnoZshVVnbwzt9TazSUA&s=19

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
^^^^^
huh?

This reminds me of Gail Simone's run with Batgirl when the New 52 started around ten years ago. Barbara had a trans roommate and I remember it being done rather well. Then Gail left and another writer took over, and the very first panel of their first issue was the roommate saying goodbye while driving away in a van because she was moving away forever.

https://i.imgur.com/4MaWWhz.mp4

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Rader

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

BTK is a rather infamous US serial killer, with BTK standing for Bind Torture Kill.

So maybe not the association you want.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

ranbo das posted:

BTK is a rather infamous US serial killer, with BTK standing for Bind Torture Kill.

BTK is a medical thing this drug is used against. They didn't invent the acronym.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

ranbo das posted:

Ah ok. I though we were suppose to laugh at the 50% bleed rate.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
https://twitter.com/hamster_gangsta/status/1448614024606883840

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

This reminds me of Gail Simone's run with Batgirl when the New 52 started around ten years ago. Barbara had a trans roommate and I remember it being done rather well. Then Gail left and another writer took over, and the very first panel of their first issue was the roommate saying goodbye while driving away in a van because she was moving away forever.

I mean that’s just the fate of new supporting characters. Every writer wants to introduce their own characters that they hope to stick.

They rarely do

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean that’s just the fate of new supporting characters. Every writer wants to introduce their own characters that they hope to stick.

They rarely do

I’m sure the trans part had absolutely nothing to do with it, given DC’s fantabulous record on that topic.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
look I tolerated the bi son of krypton, but don't you ever make a meme about dark souls bosses being in love!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/bindelj/status/1448623738958880771

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

AlbieQuirky posted:

I’m sure the trans part had absolutely nothing to do with it, given DC’s fantabulous record on that topic.

I mean they could just have mixed her before that.

An editor can overrule any writer at any time. There are tons of examples of them doing exactly that

OnlyBans
Sep 21, 2021

by sebmojo
We were so worried about Karl Marx that we ignored Karl the FOG. This is a big loving deal!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

gbut posted:

^^^

We used to play this under the name "Red Queen, One, Two, Three". I'm sure every single country has its own version of it.

I don't remember what we called it. Aaaaaaaaaa I'm old.

Actually had to Google it. It's peili ("mirror").

E: maybe it's slightly different but same principles (I don't watch Squid Game MORE LIKE STUPID LAME LMAO)

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 19:55 on Oct 14, 2021

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

I'm guessing they're a terf who wrote a terf book?

Opp yup it's called feminism for women lmao

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

drat terfs really do want to just roll feminism back over their pettiness and transphobia. Can't wait to see them argue that motherhood is essential to femininity, so really should abortion be legal?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Had to look up this trash-pile (recognized the name as a UK lady, assumed it was a TERF), and fuckin' lol.

quote:

In 2012, Bindel condemned female bisexuality as a "fashionable trend" caused by "sexual hedonism", and broached the question of whether bisexuality even exists: "[B]isexuality is sold to heterosexual women as some type of recreational activity far from their 'natural home' of straight sex. It is seen as 'temporary lesbianism'"—having a girlfriend, for a straight woman, is like having "the latest Prada handbag".[93]

As a long-active lesbian feminist, she has felt uncomfortable with the inclusion of sexuality- and gender-variant communities into the expanding LGBT "rainbow alliance": "The mantra now at 'gay' meetings is a tongue-twisting LGBTQQI. It is all a bit of an unholy alliance. We have been put in a room together and told to play nicely.

I've been bi since before I even knew what sex was, but okay! :fuckoff: Guess when I had crushes on both boys and girls when I was eight, it was the equivalent of me wanting a shiny new toy away from my "natural home".

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Read After Burning posted:

Had to look up this trash-pile (recognized the name as a UK lady, assumed it was a TERF), and fuckin' lol.

I've been bi since before I even knew what sex was, but okay! :fuckoff: Guess when I had crushes on both boys and girls when I was eight, it was the equivalent of me wanting a shiny new toy away from my "natural home".

lol imagine having more empathy for Thatcher's corpse than an oppressed person who should be your ally because you don't like to learn new terms

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Also completely ignores the existence of bisexual boys/men. And while I don't agree that anyone is doing it, I can sorta understand the concept of straight women pretending to be bisexual as a sorta fashion statement or whatever, it's highly fetishized among men. This fetishization absolutely does not exist at such a high level among women for bisexual men.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Ah yes, it is much more likely that everyone is 100% on one side or the other of the Kinsey scale, than literally 1 person not be exactly homo- or heterosexual.

I'm a very smart person who used to say that gender as a construct was harmful, and definitely didn't get hit in the head or Overton Window my way into agreeing with chuds.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Tell me you're a TERF without telling me you're a TERF

https://twitter.com/bindelj/status/1416013986429087744?s=20

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Zil posted:

How to say you didn't have a normal childhood, without saying you didn't have a normal childhood.

Even characters in the show are like “WTF, ‘red light, green light’ as in, the children’s game?”

The author was operating on a bad childhood and like twenty seconds of overheard conversation about Squid Game.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Already gone. What was it?

(This is why we screenshot, people.)

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Powered Descent posted:

Already gone. What was it?

(This is why we screenshot, people.)

Ah, sorry! Looks like they made their Twitter private; they seemed proud of being a TERF so I wasn't expecting them to delete their tweet.

It was a picture of William Shatner in space holding a sign (I dunno what it originally said, but it was photoshopped to say "gently caress you George"), with the caption "Our elder T3RF is in space" with a follow up saying something like "Plus George Takei hates him, so even better."

https://twitter.com/hamster_gangsta

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Platystemon posted:

Even characters in the show are like “WTF, ‘red light, green light’ as in, the children’s game?”

The author was operating on a bad childhood and like twenty seconds of overheard conversation about Squid Game.

When you played the game, did you do it in Korean, and pretend the losers were shot?

Or did you not? Because you, unlike these kids in 2021, were not inspired by extremely widespread memes and videos based around Netflix's most watched show ever, Squid Game?

The author is correct lmao

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

rydiafan posted:

BTK is a medical thing this drug is used against. They didn't invent the acronym.
Okay nerd who tf knows that tho

Also

quote:

Bruton's tyrosine kinase was discovered in 1993 and is named for Ogden Bruton, who first described XLA in 1952.[9]

bonus fun fact: Bindel is a political lesbian.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Ah, sorry! Looks like they made their Twitter private; they seemed proud of being a TERF so I wasn't expecting them to delete their tweet.

It was a picture of William Shatner in space holding a sign (I dunno what it originally said, but it was photoshopped to say "gently caress you George"), with the caption "Our elder T3RF is in space" with a follow up saying something like "Plus George Takei hates him, so even better."

https://twitter.com/hamster_gangsta

It said "gently caress Picard" or "gently caress you Picard" in lovely Comic Sans. Just extremely lazy all around.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

The author is correct lmao

The tweet, as written, is idiotic.

It’s mildly interesting that children have adopted novel elements from Squid Game, but the author notes none of this, writing only about the banal.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

old bean factory posted:

It said "gently caress Picard" or "gently caress you Picard" in lovely Comic Sans. Just extremely lazy all around.

That was it, thank you. I got confused, as there also seems to currently be some Takei vs Shatner beef.

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

I had an ex-friend back in 2013ish that basically was one. She claimed to hate men and to have never been in a consensual relationship with one (VERY untrue), and she would pull poo poo like "TRANS MEN ARE AN EXCEPTION THOUGH, I LOVE THEM, UWU!" Straight men were all predators with "mental blueprints" on how to best abuse a woman and get away with it.

...which was :ironicat:, coming from the person who tried to pressure and guilt our friend (a trans man who had just started taking hormones) into sleeping with her because "YOU'RE ON TESTOSTERONE NOW, THAT MEANS YOU WANT TO gently caress ALL WOMEN EVER. IT'S AN INSULT THAT YOU DON'T WANT TO gently caress ME, AM I UGLY?!."

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

You beat me to this one. She literally cannot understand that bi women want to have sex and romance with women, because she doesn’t.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It continues to be extremely weird when people are like "do bi people exist I don't know"

Like do you think I am just constructing an elaborate ruse to annoy you? Is it really that hard to imagine that some people do not give much of a poo poo about what shape of person they are attracted to?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

That was it, thank you. I got confused, as there also seems to currently be some Takei vs Shatner beef."

I don't think there is a beef between them. Takei isn't a particular fan of Shatner, but they buried the hatchet a while ago according to Takei IIRC.

Also, wasn't the TERF stuff poo poo Shatner's daughter or something, who controls his twitter account, posted under his name? Like I doubt if interviewed about it Shatner has a particularly progressive view of trans people, but he's not going out of his way to say poo poo about it or poo poo on trans people.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

It's always been wild to me to hear people go "I just don't understand how bi people exist, it's UNNATURAL. Pick a side!" when to me it's always been the complete opposite. There's so many attractive folks (men, women, and everything in-between and outside) that the fact that people can just "pick a side" is wild to me. :shrug:

I can't believe Megan thee Stallion invented celebrity brand deals or fast food!
https://twitter.com/TheNikkiRosa/status/1448318115524321280
https://twitter.com/SkyEngel7/status/1448674643347378176

Have a bonus!
https://twitter.com/BleachComeback/status/1448700939158921216

Skwirl posted:

Also, wasn't the TERF stuff poo poo Shatner's daughter or something, who controls his twitter account, posted under his name? Like I doubt if interviewed about it Shatner has a particularly progressive view of trans people, but he's not going out of his way to say poo poo about it or poo poo on trans people.

I dunno about that, but he did give an interview where he basically said that being called "cis" was a slur.

https://twitter.com/lifeafterdawn/status/1292300342646972416

Also the latest Takei v Shatner thing is this:

quote:

“He’s boldly going where other people have gone before,” Takei told Page Six when asked his thoughts on Shatner’s flight. “He’s a guinea pig, 90 years old and it’s important to find out what happens… So 90 years old is going to show a great deal more on the wear and tear on the human body, so he’ll be a good specimen to study. Although he’s not the fittest specimen of 90 years old, so he’ll be a specimen that’s unfit!”

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
[Being bi owns because you find new reasons and methods for people to rules lawyer your existence every day :cripes: If I see one more "actually you're (term that just means bi but doesnt say bi so you can safely attack bi people)" I'm gonna flip poo poo

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I dunno about that, but he did give an interview where he basically said that being called "cis" was a slur.

https://twitter.com/lifeafterdawn/status/1292300342646972416

Also the latest Takei v Shatner thing is this:

He didn't give an interview, that's more twitter stuff and reading those tweets, there's no way on earth he wrote them, not because of the messaging, I'd completely buy him being transphobic and he probably is to some degree, but a 90 year old man didn't write them.

The Takei thing is funny though.

Edit: loving lol, it's absolutely not Shatner writing these tweets, the twitter link mentions him flipping out the year before on twitter over the word "boomer." William Shatner was Silent Generation. He has 3 daughters that are on the tail end of the baby boom.

Air Skwirl has a new favorite as of 21:50 on Oct 14, 2021

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Danaru posted:

[Being bi owns because you find new reasons and methods for people to rules lawyer your existence every day :cripes: If I see one more "actually you're (term that just means bi but doesnt say bi so you can safely attack bi people)" I'm gonna flip poo poo

My favorite is "You're bi? Guess you're transphobic! You like men and women, BUT WHAT ABOUT TRANS PEOPLE?!" as if a trans woman or trans man is some freaky third option. :ironicat: Like in that lovely Big Mouth episode:

quote:

“No, bisexuality is so binary… Being pansexual means my sexual preference isn’t limited by gender identity…. It’s, like, some of you borings like tacos, and some of you like burritos. And if you’re bisexual, you like tacos and burritos… But I’m saying I like tacos and burritos, and I could be into a taco that was born a burrito, sure, ’kay, or a burrito that is transitioning into a taco. Comprende? And honey, anything else on the loving menu.”

Or James Charles:

quote:

Jeff asked James, "You're not even full gay?" to which James responded: "I mean no, there have been girls in the past that I have felt were really, really beautiful, there's also been like trans guys in the past that I was like really, really into for a moment."

Skwirl posted:

He didn't give an interview, that's more twitter stuff and reading those tweets, there's no way on earth he wrote them, not because of the messaging, I'd completely buy him being transphobic and he probably is to some degree, but a 90 year old man didn't write them.

The Takei thing is funny though.

You're totally right, it's not an interview...it's an article about the tweets. Mea culpa! :kiddo:

https://twitter.com/miles_tzu/status/1448732506220544002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Bi solidarity, my bi-retheren

My favourite is gay people who are like “wow you have it so much easier than us, because you can just have a relationship with someone of the opposite sex and experience no homophobia”

Ok sure but I’m in love with and marrying someone of the same sex so I actually get all the homophobia PLUS some bonus biphobia from you!