Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

don't think I've ever seen someone express an opinion about ella musk that isn't negative so leaning into it is like at best misguided. especially making a community goal thing where the community doesn't get anything right after the anniversary backlash

if it was a prank then ok, I'm not laughing but who cares. bizarre if it's an actual planned event tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

New North American Genshin community PR manager not off to a great start if that Elon Musk thing was their idea to be honest. Kind of pleasantly surprised social media would push back on something legitimately terrible sounding as that was and get it nipped in the bud as it usually embraces these sorts of things instead I find. All of this happened and was removed while I was sleeping basically. :staredog:

I see Elon Musk as the ultimate self-serving opportunist business celebrity whore in the newfound absence of Trump on twitter who will worm his way into anything and use any meme he can to boost his own image and absolutely loving struggle to figure why anyone at Mihoyo would consider getting involved with him to be a good idea for PR. Like the guy is weird loving gently caress that doesn't give a gently caress about anything beyond the memes and getting to worm his way into the public conversation about something and could easily use his influence to cause damage to the game if he really wanted too so it's so why take that risk at all for some weird loving memes. Like his followers could just have flooded into the Genshin Impact twitter community and make a total mess of things even more than they already are for all anyone knows.

Much as I've liked this game it legit now has some of the dumbest most weirdly out of touch PR attempts I've ever seen for a video game in my life in the last month or so and it really does seem to coincide with the new PR manager they got so while I don't want to jump to conclusions it's kind of hard not to wonder right now. Particularly since the PR for the game seemed oddly savvy and like they made some clever localization and marketing choices for most of 2021 such that I was kind of surprised at first how well a Chinese company seemed to understand and make strong inroads into the American gaming market with what was essentially their first attempt with a type of game and aesthetic that is normally not all that popular outside of the Asian market. Nowadays I'm kind of drawing a lot of blanks though much as the community blows some things out of proportion, I just think there was a better pattern established early on as to how to handle all these things. At least the actual game dev side of things seems to be holding up.

Kale fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Oct 14, 2021

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I didn't see anything about this in the patch notes, but is anyone else getting faster load times in 2.2? I haven't had time to play all that much yet, but map transition times between the teapot and the world map, as well as loading the character trials, seem noticably faster now than they used to be.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Only played a couple of hours yesterday, but yeah seemed faster to me too.

Anyone have a link to the site that could parse your pulls? I've been disgustingly lucky lately and need to share my guilt.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

valuum posted:

Anyone have a link to the site that could parse your pulls? I've been disgustingly lucky lately and need to share my guilt.
https://paimon.moe/ maybe?

Also, it looks like Itto's monster-material is slime condensate, which already makes him the best character they've ever added to the game.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

valuum posted:

https://paimon.moe/

I kinda wanna see someone luckier than myself, I've been on a 8 month streak of never losing a 50/50 unless it was a 5* 8 pulls after the previous one.

smokestersky
Aug 30, 2007

This is the song that never ends
It just goes 'round and 'round, my friends
Some people started singing it
Not knowing what it was
And we continue singing it forever just because
Am I just being overly worrisome about min maxing? I'm AR 36 and just recently pulled a Wolf's Gravestone so I feel like I should be using that.

I have
Anemo: MC, Sucrose
Electro: Razor, Fischl, Beidou, Lisa
Pyro: XL, Klee, Yanfei, Amber
Hydro: XQ, Barbara
Geo: Noelle, MC
Cryo: Kaeya, Chongyun, Rosaria, Aloy

I like XQ, XL, and Sucrose. I was running Chongyun before with XL as carry but now I'm thinking of making her support with Beidou as carry because of the 5* claymore.

Any team recommendations or should I not care? I don't mind playing any comp.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The gravestone is a good pull. Both chongyun and Beidou support benefits from using it.

Sucrose , XQ, and XL are missing a bennet from being the national team. You kind of need him to feed energy to XL to have her burst be a decent uptime.

What constellation do you have fischl and beidou? Sucrose, XL, Fischl, Beidou is a taser team that works extremely well, but need constellations to really shine.

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

ninjoatse.cx posted:

The gravestone is a good pull. Both chongyun and Beidou support benefits from using it.

Sucrose , XQ, and XL are missing a bennet from being the national team. You kind of need him to feed energy to XL to have her burst be a decent uptime.

What constellation do you have fischl and beidou? Sucrose, XL, Fischl, Beidou is a taser team that works extremely well, but need constellations to really shine.

Just echoing this. Beidou with that claymore is a beast and probably the best way to get value out of Sucrose and Xingqiu without Bennett, but you'll lose a lot of damage if you don't have her C2.

Although, at AR36, you could actually just use Beidou as your main DPS and it would be fine. Normally you'd want Sucrose as the character doing normal attacks just to trigger Beidou's and Xingqiu's bursts while also triggering a ton of swirls, but that's not so important until endgame when everyone has good artifacts. Beidou's normal attacks aren't spectacular, but they're gonna be more than good enough with that weapon. You could even slap one of the (non-Chongyun) cryo characters in there to boost her damage a bit, even if Fischl is certainly better in endgame.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Sucrose also wants a set of at least appropriate main stat VV artifacts to be good, which can be a major investment at that AR if the RNG doesn't go your way.

smokestersky
Aug 30, 2007

This is the song that never ends
It just goes 'round and 'round, my friends
Some people started singing it
Not knowing what it was
And we continue singing it forever just because

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I think I have Fischl at 1 or two, and C0 for Beidou. Though, at least I'm still quite a few ARs from that really mattering. This team seems pretty fun though so I'll give it a shot until I eventually get Bennet to supplement XQ and XL.

I appreciate all the feedback! Had a feeling Beidou was the way to go with the Wolf's Gravestone because I don't have Diluc.

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013

AParadox posted:

https://paimon.moe/

I kinda wanna see someone luckier than myself, I've been on a 8 month streak of never losing a 50/50 unless it was a 5* 8 pulls after the previous one.

8 five star characters in 270 pulls over the past six months, which is like, 1 every 35 pulls:

Eula 67
Kamisato Ayaka 65
Kamisato Ayaka 11 (fishing for Ningguang constellations, I think)
Yoimiya 11 (I did not want Yoimiya at all. I wanted C1 Sayu.)
Yoimiya 34 (I stopped at this point because I was scared of more Yoimiyas)
Jean 60 (lost the pity, but C2 so I was reasonably happy)
Raiden Shogun 10 (OMG)
Sangonomiya Kokomi 5 (OMGOMG)

I also pulled Xiao in 1 roll, but that's too far back to track. I was gliding from Wangshu Inn to do his story quest and thought, "Wouldn't it be funny if I did a single pull in midair and got Xiao?".

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I don't get it why are people crying blue murder at some silly attempt at viral marketing?

Because Elon Musk is a grifting shithead that leveraged his mommy and daddy's blood money into being a tick sucking at American taxpayer dollars.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Are we really getting an abyss reset on a saturday? Is the game truly being so kind?

EDIT: 2.3 abyss has the double kenki room from the vagabond event..... hell yes!!!

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Oct 14, 2021

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Creation Method? What is this new thing on the alchemy table crafting menu?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Giving bootleg Morgana a spin in Abyss now that Aloy's talents are 8/8/8

https://i.imgur.com/dY1ZKAf.mp4
Actually looking forward to trying a full run once reset happens. Sad to split up Chong and XQ, but true soul mates can endure distance. Now I just gotta figure out my second team. Probably XQ/XL/Raiden/Zhongli

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

No Wave posted:

EDIT: 2.3 abyss has the double kenki room from the vagabond event..... hell yes!!!

Oh no

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Btw if itto interests you at all Serpent Spine R5 is better than his special 5 star. Noelle fans are safe as well and have no need to gamble on the weapon banner. They could fix this and make them somewhat even by giving the claymore Jade cutter's base atk+substat but I feel they won't.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No Wave posted:

Btw if itto interests you at all Serpent Spine R5 is better than his special 5 star. Noelle fans are safe as well and have no need to gamble on the weapon banner. They could fix this and make them somewhat even by giving the claymore Jade cutter's base atk+substat but I feel they won't.

Oh God. I've gotta get 8 more Serpent Spines now. gently caress.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

this month's twitch prime codes are up
October: 60 primos, mora, exp, and some food

https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/genshinimpact

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Huh, would Unforged be better than his own weapon then since thats usually regarded as better than gravestone as long as you can have a shield up.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Gyoru posted:

Mine said it was already used. I think this happened in one of the previous months, too; I wonder if the codes are sufficiently non-random that someone generated a bunch of them and used them.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Huh, would Unforged be better than his own weapon then since thats usually regarded as better than gravestone as long as you can have a shield up.
No, everything that isn't his own weapon or serpent spine is terrible by comparison. His burst has almost perfect split scaling meaning that anything that isnt crit or %dmg is extremely devalued. It's not so much that his weapon is bad, it's that serpent spine is really amazing on both him and noelle because it only buffs attributes that are favorable to them, its passive is ridiculously overtuned, and its 4* base attack doesnt matter much to either of them.

The unforged is fine on everyone EXCEPT the geo characters... the geo series trainwreck strikes again.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 14, 2021

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

me: about to submit a survey complaining they should update the BP

also me: still tempted to go in on a second refined copy of Spine

honestly OkCode's "rant" on this felt perfect, they can and should just add a second set of weapons into the same chest as additional options.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I get that more options is better, but I would feel obligated to get all 5 new ones which would set me back 7 months from my goal of two R5 serpent spines. So I can live with the current arrangement.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Incoherence posted:

Mine said it was already used. I think this happened in one of the previous months, too; I wonder if the codes are sufficiently non-random that someone generated a bunch of them and used them.

do you have 2fa on your twitch account?

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Incoherence posted:

You might have made the same mistake I did last month where you're actually looking at the previous month's code.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Oct 14, 2021

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
The new music is nice. So we are getting a Kazuha event tomorrow, or is it another hangout? Doesn't really matter as long as it's Kazuha :toot:

I had 20 consecutive wishes on the standard banner without getting a character, I thought that wasn't possible? Last character was 21 wishes ago.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Tanreall posted:

You might have made the same mistake I did last month where you're actually looking at the pervious month's code.
That was it. I just clicked the popup on Twitch and it took me to last month's code.

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

haw haw haw, really loving funny putting up puzzles that require electro and then spawn enemies that enrage from it

also, these bait and switch chests suck, i dont need your dumb bookcases

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Sanctum posted:

The new music is nice. So we are getting a Kazuha event tomorrow, or is it another hangout? Doesn't really matter as long as it's Kazuha :toot:

I had 20 consecutive wishes on the standard banner without getting a character, I thought that wasn't possible? Last character was 21 wishes ago.

A character is only guaranteed every 20 pulls on the event banner. There's literally no rate up on the standard

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Isn't there a secret pity on the standard banner where every 30 pulls you get 1 character + 1 weapon, and every 270 you get 1 rare character + 1 rare weapon? I seem to recall someone talking about that many pages ago.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Gyoru posted:

Heck yeah, thank you!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Current status of Hu Tao fund: assuredly still nowhere near enough

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Nyoro posted:

Current status of Hu Tao fund: assuredly still nowhere near enough

Solidarity in Hu Tao funding. May you find all banners unappealing until the mood strikes.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lobsterpillar posted:

Genuinely a more engaging storyline already!

It's a bit weird to me that I've gotten some quests to go talk to hilchurls and they're 100% intelligent and totally capable of nonviolent interaction with people then we just go back to sawing them down by the dozen. :v:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
When people say they have 10k hits on albedo, is that assuming max skill? What's his defense stat?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I don't get it why are people crying blue murder at some silly attempt at viral marketing?

elon musk sucks, so people don't want him any closer to a game they like.

Kale posted:

Much as I've liked this game it legit now has some of the dumbest most weirdly out of touch PR attempts I've ever seen for a video game in my life in the last month or so and it really does seem to coincide with the new PR manager they got so while I don't want to jump to conclusions it's kind of hard not to wonder right now. Particularly since the PR for the game seemed oddly savvy and like they made some clever localization and marketing choices for most of 2021 such that I was kind of surprised at first how well a Chinese company seemed to understand and make strong inroads into the American gaming market with what was essentially their first attempt with a type of game and aesthetic that is normally not all that popular outside of the Asian market. Nowadays I'm kind of drawing a lot of blanks though much as the community blows some things out of proportion, I just think there was a better pattern established early on as to how to handle all these things. At least the actual game dev side of things seems to be holding up.

Horrible ads are just part of mobage for whatever reason.

See Arknights having some random youtube guy talk about drat LION GIRL TITS BIG and paying for DidYouKnowGaming to make a video shilling it.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Oct 14, 2021

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Cattail Prophet posted:

Just noticed you can't put any of the Inazuma mats in the parametric transformer. Now what am I supposed to do with all this seaweed?

Oh neat, the update fixed this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tae posted:

When people say they have 10k hits on albedo, is that assuming max skill? What's his defense stat?
My Albedo deals 10k crits with no geo resonance, no buffs, to enemies with >50% health with 10% geo resist. Level 81, evel 9 E, 2300 defense, 160% crit damage. This number goes up to ~15k with resonance against <50% health enemies and to 16.5k with Zhong Li shield.