Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I don’t know if the next governor is going to be a Republican or democrat but I do know that The chuds will control the state legislature probably for the rest of my life and certainly for at least the next 30 years.

It’s a 100% gently caress you to democrats and the fact that it passed should be a canary in the coal mine for the state dem party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

it passed because it was a primary that no one showed up to vote. only 150k ballots were cast in philly. 75k ballots were cast in lancaster and york county each and 1 and 2 passed by huge margins there.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Yeah, that's why it was on an off year primary ballot.

It kicks rear end that those ballot measures are going to be used to gently caress over Philadelphia or Pittsburgh in the near future.

Apr 7, 2003

I just rode by John Fetterman on the great Allegheny passage by West Homestead, should I turn around and go yell at him? Y/n

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoshShapiroPA/status/1401211715916812298

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Thank you for your service.

My wife and i have a joke about Josh Shapiro, we think he has never owned a pair of sweat pants, we assume he just lives in a suit all day and sometimes pressed khakis and an expensive polo shirt if he has to do like a charity golf event

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/JonathanTamari/status/1404861440968757249

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

aw now we are back down to only 2/3 of the montco commission

also the statehouse used their newfound powers to cancel the emergency order, which means to go liquor is now banned. this is what happens when you dont VOTE

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

that's my congresswoman and i assume she harbors dreams of being in house leadership someday, aka queen of the succ

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Conor Lamb is gonna give the senate run the old college try

who is that for?

I guess he's the western PA candidate who maybe doesn't love legalized weed as much as Fetterman.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

When can we have legal weed in this dumbshit moron state

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Line Feed posted:

When can we have legal weed in this dumbshit moron state

not anytime soon....we JUST got medical weed, we're like 10 years off from recreational at least

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i mean you pretty much have it in philly the same way we have tax free booze (or will in a few months)

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007

The Nastier Nate posted:

not anytime soon....we JUST got medical weed, we're like 10 years off from recreational at least

It's legal in NY and NJ, when the state gov sees all that sweet tax revenue flowing out of the state I'm hoping greed will do what common loving sense can't. The state's largest city is literally just a bridge away from a legal state, I wonder who in NJ will open a dispensary there first.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
i thought new york went back on its promise for legal weed or what the gently caress was cuomo throwing a fit about recently

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

thekeeshman posted:

It's legal in NY and NJ, when the state gov sees all that sweet tax revenue flowing out of the state I'm hoping greed will do what common loving sense can't. The state's largest city is literally just a bridge away from a legal state, I wonder who in NJ will open a dispensary there first.

Have you considered our state legislature is filled with chuds who prioritize owning the libs over doing what’s fiscally practical?

Let’s face it, you can’t put a price on owning libs

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

this poo poo is why im mad fetterman isn't going for gov. shapiro is a nerd who won't just start openly ignoring the legislature. PA is fundamentally broken on that side and nothing will happen unless someone pushes it to an actual crisis or everything between berks county and pittsburgh is consumed by a black hole

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
thinking about how if a republican wins governor next year, the GOP is gonna go full ham

i'm talking voter suppression, no-mask mandates, gerrymandered judge districts, hugs for frackers.
If you want to get an abortion you'll have to write a hand-written apology letter to your future aborted child

I'm not a fan of Josh Shapiro by anymeans, but he better not gently caress this up

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

everything between berks county and pittsburgh is consumed by a black hole

Sounds good I'm down for this, just make sure Daryl Metcalfe is in sucked in too (gently caress Daryl Metcalfe)

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/PollTrackerUSA/status/1430240829608763395

Apr 7, 2003

Conor Lamb is fuckin' trash and it's so satisfying to see him get dunked on in the polls.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

I like this guy and all but having a good senator in the Senate feels like it aint gonna do poo poo.

He should run for school superintendent or dog catcher or some poo poo

Apr 7, 2003

Conor Lamb is milquetoast trash and perfectly represents a Democratic party with no principles other than holding office.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1432166542683279362

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Apr 7, 2003

I'm voting against him now

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Nice is for 69 not 420

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Has AIPAC started their Berlin Airlift of anti leftist cash yet

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Shapiro has officially declared for governor

I won’t vote for him in the primary but I just hope he doesn’t gently caress up the general

He has a pretty good track record of winning elections so I’d put $1,000 on him right now bring our next governor

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Billy penn had an article about how he cleared the way to running after getting in spats with fetterman as if it wasn't them just drawing out of a hat which one of them would go for the senate and which for the governor

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Billy penn had an article about how he cleared the way to running after getting in spats with fetterman as if it wasn't them just drawing out of a hat which one of them would go for the senate and which for the governor

its not a secret.

Josh Shapiro could have run (and won) for senate in 2016. He chose to run for Attorney General because he had a massive war chest of succ bucks that he couldnt transfer to a federal race but he could to a state race. Dem senate leadership pratically begged him to run for senate and he passed. Plus anyone whose known Shapiro for any amount of time (he was my rep back when he was a state representative so I'm as aware of him as I can be of any elected official) knew he wanted to be governor some day.

Fetterman otoh ran for senate in 16, then lost to what was basically a younger Hillary Clinton, who then went on to lose the general to Toomey.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/StephenJ_Caruso/status/1448641148562644993

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Wolf's introduced a consent bill and tucker mentioned it so who is ready for some discourse from peeps who think JoPa did nothing wrong

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007
Saw my first Fetterman sign in the wild, so I guess it's really happening.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

thekeeshman posted:

Saw my first Fetterman sign in the wild, so I guess it's really happening.

Does that mean Hillary ‘16 didn’t really happen? :laugh:

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007

theflyingexecutive posted:

Does that mean Hillary ‘16 didn’t really happen? :laugh:

I mean, the fact that no one in my solid blue city had any Hillary signs up, while everywhere outside the city was a solid wall of Trump signs, made me very uneasy before the 2016 election. I know the lanyards who ran Hillary's campaign had all sorts of smarter-than-thou dogmas about how yard signs weren't important, but signaling tribal identity and convincing people that the cool kids are all on board is important in campaigns.

Hillary's strategy seemed to be convincing people that she was the sure thing, and sometimes I think she achieved her goal too well, to the point where lots of people figured they didn't need to show up to vote.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

thekeeshman posted:

I mean, the fact that no one in my solid blue city had any Hillary signs up, while everywhere outside the city was a solid wall of Trump signs, made me very uneasy before the 2016 election. I know the lanyards who ran Hillary's campaign had all sorts of smarter-than-thou dogmas about how yard signs weren't important, but signaling tribal identity and convincing people that the cool kids are all on board is important in campaigns.

Hillary's strategy seemed to be convincing people that she was the sure thing, and sometimes I think she achieved her goal too well, to the point where lots of people figured they didn't need to show up to vote.

in pa at least they all showed up and just didnt vote for hillary or mcginty but the other statewide offices went to the dems

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

in pa at least they all showed up and just didnt vote for hillary or mcginty but the other statewide offices went to the dems

Yea and then the dems lost them in 2020 lol
Shapiro must have been pissed cause his margin of victory was way lower then he would have liked and he only won by a few points to a complete nobody

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

The Nastier Nate posted:

Yea and then the dems lost them in 2020 lol
Shapiro must have been pissed cause his margin of victory was way lower then he would have liked and he only won by a few points to a complete nobody

bAlAnCe

All those chester county horse owners who didn't vote for trump or hillary gladly pulled the lever for biden, whom they probably all knew in person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/PollTrackerUSA/status/1453829966689353729