Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Floppychop posted:

X-wing hasn't been that way for years, and ships are ~$20.
Ships for Armada can hit the $100+ mark.

All I'm saying is that GW could have gone a similar route, and I'm glad they didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

berzerkmonkey posted:

Ships for Armada can hit the $100+ mark.

All I'm saying is that GW could have gone a similar route, and I'm glad they didn't.

This is so loving disingenuous its hilarious.

There was one single special edition model that was a huge prepainted display piece for MSRP $200. Everything else in the 90-100 range was the starter set or other multi-ship sets.

And it's especially funny you're comparing this unfavorably to GAMES WORKSHOP

EDIT: GS is charging $35 just for a set of cards for AI :lol:

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Oct 14, 2021

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Ultimately, AI is alive, and Armada is dead. So that counts for something.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So... any goons willing to help a Canadian goon out in getting ahold of Fireteam? Barnes and Noble isn't willing to ship it to Canada.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Ultimately, AI is alive, and Armada is dead. So that counts for something.

Yeah but so is BFG, and that's even more sad.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Anarcho-Commissar posted:

Yeah but so is BFG, and that's even more sad.

BFG will never die. Even if it has no support and no player base, it will forever live on in my heart.

I should see about finding a BFG tabletop simulator group.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Bottom Liner posted:

This is so loving disingenuous its hilarious.

There was one single special edition model that was a huge prepainted display piece for MSRP $200. Everything else in the 90-100 range was the starter set or other multi-ship sets.

And it's especially funny you're comparing this unfavorably to GAMES WORKSHOP

EDIT: GS is charging $35 just for a set of cards for AI :lol:
I was saying that GW didn't do things like release one off planes with a special pilot card like they did for X-Wing. I'm not denying GW is expensive, so calm down.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Randalor posted:

So... any goons willing to help a Canadian goon out in getting ahold of Fireteam? Barnes and Noble isn't willing to ship it to Canada.
Can't you trick them by checking out with Paypal? That used to bypass their restrictions, and they'd send things no problem.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Electric Hobo posted:

Can't you trick them by checking out with Paypal? That used to bypass their restrictions, and they'd send things no problem.

Unfortunately no, it spits out a "We can't ship certain items to addresses outside the continental US at this time" error.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I'd do it, but shipping is going to be insane, especially now - USPS just raised rates and slowed service.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Yeah, the border is going to be reopening soon, so we may see about taking a day trip to the US and I'll see if I can convince her to swing by a B&N. Or just ship it to the border and pick it up from there.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
a pretty awesome (and free!) e-zine for warmaster came out today
https://www.sharktopusgames.com/product-page/command-10-ezine

i wrote an article on painting in it, its on page 31 if you wanna check it out

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm trying to give them money and they wont let me

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
they didn't want to charge anything cuz they are afraid of litigation :(

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I expected a "pay what you want" thing like on bandcamp for really indie albums butwas disappointed when I couldn't toss them $3 or whatever

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

Another call for aid, from your local Amazon (at present, anyway) BB2 player!

SO, I managed to tie against Norse (2-2. Would've won, but sadly I caused a touchback in the last kick at the end of the game, then he JUST got a tiemaker TD) and won against one of the three ork teams in our league.

However, now I'm up against dwarves... I think this is likely to be roughly as challenging as chaos dwarves, although this player takes more/less-sound risks than the chaos dwarf player, so I'm hoping I can force a tie. Are there any particular tactics that any of you recommend?

I think I'm gonna have to just gum up the works as much as possible on his drive and hope I can hold out for eight turns. Then leg it past his guys (with my EIGHT movement thrower - two double-five level ups is hilarious hahah) on my drive and hold out for a quarter before getting a TD, then just pray there isn't an equaliser. How to actually ACHIEVE that however, is the problem! haha

In case anyone wants to know what the outcome to this poor match-up is, this is what happened. The dwarf player got lucky with a TD in the first five turns (he received), due to one of my players being injured and a bunch more stunned. Then, right near the end of the first half I pulled an equaliser out of my rear. Without a single reroll being performed, (including player abilities like dodge and pass) I passed a +4 dodge, +3 dodge, +4 throw, +4 catch, +3 dodge, then two +2 GFIs. It seems like whenever I get desperate like that, the dice like to roll hot! :D Same thing happened in some other games in this league, too.
(Much like my luck-pushing in our last league, when I was Lizzies. Pretty hilarious to watch a skink blitz past half a dozen +5 and +6 dodges, then being unceremoniously punched in the face on a +2 GFI :v: )

The second half was a slog, though... It was looking real good at first - my 8MV thrower had the ball immediately due to a touchback, a rock knocked over a dwarf and my carrier was in a position to be able to punch through the opposing lines and make some distance. But the turn before I could do that, the dwarves rolled amazingly. KO'd a bunch of players and stunned a bunch more. My line utterly crumpled, instantly. Went down from ten players on the field to five. I was forced to rush my thrower through, in an attempt to get it out of his grubby mitts - but although my initial dodges and positioning worked OK, he rolled fantastically on blocks again, and gained possession of the ball. (Thankfully no more armour breaks though) This was like, three turns into the second half.

After that, I spent the rest of the game trying to squeeze out the most of my five players, positioning them in locations intended to cause maximum frustration to his ball carrier, and whittle away his last rerolls. Thankfully, right in the last turn of the game (with his 7MV runner within spitting distance of my endzone) my harassment of his carrier bore fruit! He needed to make a two-die block on one of my players to free up his ball carrier (who would've then needed to GFI it around another player, or make another couple of attacks to clear the way) and he got a double-skull.

Phew! So in the end we had a 1-1 tie. What an exhausting game! It was the outcome I was originally hoping for though, so I'm happy. I've also put the stain of a draw on his otherwise flawless 5W 0L score on the leaderboard, haha :D Shame I came so close to a second TD, but that's the way the dice rolled. I still exceeded my expectations with the draw, and I managed to take one of his guard-blitzers out for the next game, so hopefully my other friend playing him next can capitalize on it and give him a loss or a draw.

Up against another orc team next - and I've played a couple of friendlies with him. Hopefully I can win, although he's practiced more since then. We'll see how it pans out

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Skinks have stunty so they never have anything worse then a 3+ dodge regardless of how many tackle zones unless prehensile tail.
Maybe you dodges the sauri instead?
Anyway doesn't matter and congratulations and managing a tie vs CD without getting your team beat to poo poo.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

MRLOLAST posted:

Skinks have stunty so they never have anything worse then a 3+ dodge regardless of how many tackle zones unless prehensile tail.
Maybe you dodges the sauri instead?
Anyway doesn't matter and congratulations and managing a tie vs CD without getting your team beat to poo poo.

Hmm no no, there were definitely some super high dodges in there - around five others were watching and were laughing their heads off at the hilarity of it all! Maybe one or two had tackle, or something? I'm not sure.

There was literally an alley between guys on either side, all swinging at my little skink. (Kinda reminded me of Homer's initiation into the Stonecutters, with 'the paddling of a thousand asses') But I dunno, I'm sure there was some added effect in there, like prehensile tail as you said.

I wish I'd recorded it, either way! And thanks - that match was certainly stressful, haha (thankfully I'm technically better off, after that game. Since I had three MNGs before, including a blitzer. Now it's just one cripple who has MNG status. My game vs orcs next week should hopefully go much better)

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
There might have been a Diving Tackle guy somewhere in the middle of the skink's route. That would make you need 5 or 6+ to dodge safely each time you dodged away from that player.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Anyone have the scans for the Necromunda Badzone tiles? I can't find the pdf of them anywhere online, and I'd like to print a set for my home terrain.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Verisimilidude posted:

Anyone have the scans for the Necromunda Badzone tiles? I can't find the pdf of them anywhere online, and I'd like to print a set for my home terrain.

No linking to :filez: on the forums, please don't ask for them.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

There's plenty of images for reference you can find just searching "necromunda badzone" on Google then you could get some orange card and print this sci-fi floor image out in black and white - to hopefully give a rusted look like the official set - and cut to the needed sizes. Pasting on black foamcore could look really neat!

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

LashLightning posted:

There's plenty of images for reference you can find just searching "necromunda badzone" on Google then you could get some orange card and print this sci-fi floor image out in black and white - to hopefully give a rusted look like the official set - and cut to the needed sizes. Pasting on black foamcore could look really neat!

Thanks! I ordered a mat to play on thats gridded similarly to necromunda, but this could be a great solution for the tile aspect of the game, which I really like since it allows the construction of oddly shaped maps.

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Was advised by a fellow goon to post in here:

If anyone's interested in a chill goon Blood Bowl 2 league to play in, the next season of the Mapgoons BB2 league is starting up in around two weeks.

Format is round-robin if we have under 16 players, swiss if we get 16 or more (so expect somewhere between 8 and 15 games pre-playoffs); 1100 TV maximum custom (but not mixed!) teams with some skill choice limitations.

We're taking signups in the Mapgoons Discord here (check the top pin in the #bloodbowlers channel under the 'Other Organized Games' category). Feel free to join regardless of experience level! The league tends to run the gamut from complete newbies to players with a lot of games under their belts, and the latter are happy to dispense advice and tips.

If anyone's got any further questions (or if this is totally the wrong place to post this) feel free to yell at me itt or in PMs.

Mirdini fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Oct 16, 2021

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
another warmaster unit finally finished!

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Nebalebadingdong posted:

What kind of loving sorcery is this!?

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Nebalebadingdong posted:

You know what I really appreciate here? I mean, aside from everything?

The painterly edge highlights on the brown part of the bases, below the grass. That is very much going hard on a part of the model that most people would try not to draw attention to.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Stephenls posted:

The painterly edge highlights on the brown part of the bases, below the grass. That is very much going hard on a part of the model that most people would try not to draw attention to.

never skip base day!

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007

Stephenls posted:

I lost it at the cheques on the banner

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Nebalebadingdong posted:

This is exceedingly beautiful to look at

Good job A++! Would view again!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Those are really outstanding. The way the highlights work even when you're looking at those tiny guys from a few feet away really makes them pop, and be distinct from each other; but looking up close, it doesn't seem too gaudy or unnatural, which can be a risk. Plus the detail work, look at those keys on the shields!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
Yeah those are crazy good, I'd love to be able to paint minis half that well one day. Even the highlights on the bases look good.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
ya'll too kind! some day, i hope to even play the stupid game

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
The sense of dread emanating from the giant pile of 10mm orks I printed because I know they will never look nearly as good as that when I finally get off my rear end and paint them.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Springfield Fatts posted:

The sense of dread emanating from the giant pile of 10mm orks I printed because I know they will never look nearly as good as that when I finally get off my rear end and paint them.

Any way you paint them is going to look better than unpainted.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

berzerkmonkey posted:

Any way you paint them is going to look better than unpainted.

Isn't there a whole thread dedicated to proving this wrong?

Ohthehugemanatee
Oct 18, 2005

Randalor posted:

Isn't there a whole thread dedicated to proving this wrong?

Just don't paint nipples or swastikas on your 10 mm orcs and you'll probably be able to keep your minis out of that thread.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That thread is for things that are outliers worth commenting on, be it good or bad. Unless you have mad skills or serious brainworms you are unlikely to feature.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Ohthehugemanatee posted:

Just don't paint nipples or swastikas on your 10 mm orcs and you'll probably be able to keep your minis out of that thread.

what about swastika nipples though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Why are there nipples on this Messerschmitt?