Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Cygna posted:

Doesn't it automatically send you back to a wayshrine/dungeon entrance when you fall far enough to hit the death barrier, or does DCing while bugged get in the way of that?
Yeah if you dc before dying you stay stuck.
Another option might be to queue for a dungeon as a tank or queue for IC/cyro, though that has a wait time that might be too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Yeah if you dc before dying you stay stuck.
Another option might be to queue for a dungeon as a tank or queue for IC/cyro, though that has a wait time that might be too much.

They ported me to Vulkhel Guard. Apparently I managed to lag and die between scene triggers, so the game would log me on and then just go ??!?!?!?!?! and kick me. Weeee.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Post poste posted:

Well. I lagged out during a quest, and respawned under the world, and the game lags out before i die or teleport. Guess it's time to log a ticket and hope the response time is quick

In the menu somewhere there is a Stuck option that you can use that will take you to the nearest (maybe last) wayshrine. It will charge you coins to do it though.

I have had to use it a few times when skysharding and falling into areas that you cant get out of.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

Trastion posted:

In the menu somewhere there is a Stuck option that you can use that will take you to the nearest (maybe last) wayshrine. It will charge you coins to do it though.

I have had to use it a few times when skysharding and falling into areas that you cant get out of.

/stuck will do it. I had to use it once while stuck between a rope railing and a cave wall in a kwama mine. It's lame that they charge you for it though, I thought it was standard practice in MMOs to give you one "sorry we hosed up the collison, we'll unstick you for free" freebie per day.

On the subject of glitches, yesterday I saw someone with the traditional "riding a horse while running on top of the horse" Skyrim animation bug. I didn't know that had made it into ESO :3:

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

/stuck isn't instant, it takes the same amount of time to do the port animation as manually porting to a wayshrine/house/guildbuddy.

/stuck is really only good in dungeons and battlegrounds, and it's free there.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Witches Festival, the next event with double XP and also the first to have fragments for the house, starts next Thursday 21st until Nov 2. Two tickets per day, so max is 26 for the event.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Do double XP days stack with scrolls?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Do double XP days stack with scrolls?
Yes. Max XP bonus is 360%. 100% base+150% (scroll/potion) 100%(event) + 10%ESO

For the current event the double XP is automatic, for the Witches festival (and NewLife/Jester/Anniversary) you have to activate it.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Decided to go exploring in Cyrodiil and I’m swimming in CP and skill points after just one day. Bonus xp is nice.

Also discovered that I’m terrible at pvp although that probably has something to do with being specced for solo play and not really having any burst damage or range control.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Witches Festival, the next event with double XP and also the first to have fragments for the house, starts next Thursday 21st until Nov 2. Two tickets per day, so max is 26 for the event.

Thanks for reminding of this, I completely forgot since it's taken so long for each part

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
is it in any way possible to get the house by now if I haven't been around at all for these events to get fragments or should I just wait till next expansion cycle to care about the evolving thingie?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

sexpig by night posted:

is it in any way possible to get the house by now if I haven't been around at all for these events to get fragments or should I just wait till next expansion cycle to care about the evolving thingie?
Yes, you will still be able to get the house. The three remaining events this year require no DLC.
Witches festival: 2 per day, 26 tickets possible. Ticket quests are piss easy, just beating any kind of boss, including dolmen and delve bosses.

Undaunted: 2 per day, (99% sure also 26 tickets possible). A bit harder, requires beating a dungeon boss. A lot of people can solo FGI or spindleclutch, so not hard if you can either do it yourself, or find someone to join up in zone/guild chat. The queue works too, but that takes longer as DPS.

New Life: 3 per day (max unknown, but at least 39): Pretty easy event quests. Only issue could be getting to the specific place for them if you don't have the wayshrine, but the quests themselves are really short.

New life is usually a longer event, so probably will have more tickets.

If you have nothing, you'll need 5x3=15 for the morpholith and 10x5=50 for the house.
The only thing in doubt is whether you'll be able to also get the mount. If you have the morpholith already probably, if you have also have at least one mount part, or some tickets to carry over almost certainly, if you have nothing and no tickets I don't know, depends on how long new life ends up being.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Any word on what might be in the grab bags this year? I've got my eye on that 2019 Glenmoril Wyrd motif.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Cygna posted:

Any word on what might be in the grab bags this year? I've got my eye on that 2019 Glenmoril Wyrd motif.
https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/61059
The once per day plunder skills can include the motif, the normal ones don't, though.

They'll probably be pretty cheap on guild traders though.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

ESO+ free trial for a week, shove all your mats into the craft bag, decorate your home and get the blade of woe on some characters. Also play dlc you don't own, I guess.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Anybody having issues with stuttering all of a sudden? I'm getting some weird drops in fps every 5 seconds or so today.

E: still happens on minimum settings with multi-threading off. Very weird.

E2: turning Nvidia Optimus on fixed it. Which is a fancy name for nvidia's in-house solution for automatically switching between igpu and gpu on laptops. Only thing that changed from yesterday (when there were no problems) was I installed the latest windows update but uninstalling it didn't fix the issue.

In conclusion, gaming laptops suck and so do windows updates.

Fruits of the sea fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Oct 18, 2021

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

I'm a solo PvE casual to the core and haven't touched arenas or group dungeons because I don't know jack poo poo about what people are going to expect me to do in a party. Am I going to get run off the server if I try to dip my toe in for the Witches Festival stuff? I don't know if events make group players more chill or more aggressive towards people who are still learning.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I’m pretty casual too, I only do normal dungeons and I’ve only ever seen people get mean when there is a tank that doesn’t know what they are doing.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Just don't join Vet runs and you will be fine unless your trying to be the Tank or Healer and have no clue. Even then almost all non-vet content is super easy. Most groups will just run through everything so you just attack, run, attack, run. If you are either of those try to find people who are ok with you not knowing much.

Just queue for Normal Random dungeons and you will learn them pretty quickly.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Yeah, don't be afraid of random dungeons. The only issue you may have is keeping up when everyone else who has done it 566389363783 times runs ahead. Even then nobody usually cares.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
If by arena you mean like Maelstrom Arena, that's solo content. Didn't know if there's PvP arena too though.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Cygna posted:

I'm a solo PvE casual to the core and haven't touched arenas or group dungeons because I don't know jack poo poo about what people are going to expect me to do in a party. Am I going to get run off the server if I try to dip my toe in for the Witches Festival stuff? I don't know if events make group players more chill or more aggressive towards people who are still learning.

Most people are super chill, and you can just say "quest stuff" for why you're slow or "New to dungeon!" and people will generally err on the side of caution for you.

There are PvE Arenas, but they're pretty straightforward, with prompts on screen and trying not to stand in the Damage Water.

For PvP stuff, it's pretty solid and low stress.
I run as a PvP healer, and people don't get pissy or angry in games, and winning seems to rely on working as a team and cluster.

For the PvPvE stuff, cryodil and imperial city?
Stick with the swarm or go with a group. The PvP is about sustain and tactics, and usually there's a Loud Person who will start a raid group or announce plans in zone chat.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I think he means battlegrounds.

If you have a reasonable crafter and are over 160 just make a twink alt for under-50 pvp, you'll kill most people even if you're bad.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Thanks for the info! I know there are solo arenas, but if I'm not good enough to beat them, I may resort to group arenas to get the drops. Definitely staying away from Veteran and Imperial City for now. Most of my characters are built as self-sufficient DPS, so I imagine my biggest challenges will be staying alive and not drawing aggro to where it's not wanted.

I may be feeling unreasonably intimidated by all the threads I pulled up while researching cool armor sets, which had people complaining about times they grouped with players using the wrong sets/builds and it was the worst thing ever, oh my god. Evidently I committed like six different mortal sins when I put Call of the Undertaker armor on my stamina sorcerer (not optimized, I know, I'm learning).

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

xZAOx posted:

If by arena you mean like Maelstrom Arena, that's solo content. Didn't know if there's PvP arena too though.

Wait. It is? I always assumed those were group content too, kind of between dungeons and raids.

Huh. Imma have to try it.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

The group dungeons are pretty easy to get a handle on, especially as dps. Sometimes I stand in fire if I’m not paying attention, but folks are nice and rez me. It’s definitely lower pressure than other mmos.

Vet dungeons are a little step up, in that you should familiarize yourself with the boss mechanics beforehand. You’ll also need some half decent gear but it doesn’t have to be anything super special. When in doubt, spam aoe attacks.

Haven’t touched pvp apart from Cyrodiil so can’t say much about it. From what I’ve seen, it requires totally different gear than for pve content.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
I did normal group dungeons for the first time this past week for the exp and it was pretty chill.
I was dps so it was just follow the leader and don't stand in fire. I get pretty bad anxiety about being a terrible player so I avoid stuff like this but it went fine.
Just make sure if you're a stamina user to bring restore potions cause it's nonstop sprinting from fight to fight and it gets hard to recover in between.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Doctor Zero posted:

Wait. It is? I always assumed those were group content too, kind of between dungeons and raids.

Huh. Imma have to try it.

Maelstrom is fun enough though it does take a while to get through

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
All you folks nervous about dungeons and group stuff I wish played on xbox na. I love talking newbies through builds and teaching dungeon mechanics.

I'm not god tier or anything but ive been playing a few years and have a lot of this garbage-rear end game memorized at this point.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

kirbysuperstar posted:

Maelstrom is fun enough though it does take a while to get through

ive gone through it on normal a few times and its not too bad but i havent dont vet because the ice and poison parts are such a huge pain the in rear end

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

Hector Delgado posted:

I did normal group dungeons for the first time this past week for the exp and it was pretty chill.
I was dps so it was just follow the leader and don't stand in fire. I get pretty bad anxiety about being a terrible player so I avoid stuff like this but it went fine.
Just make sure if you're a stamina user to bring restore potions cause it's nonstop sprinting from fight to fight and it gets hard to recover in between.

I'm planning to run the dungeons on a stamina warden wearing Darloc Brae and carrying 200 crown tri-restoration potions, so nonstop stamina use is not a problem! I don't think I've run out of stamina once since getting Bull Netch.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

PSA for the witches festival: tickets drop from the first boss (of any type) you kill, not from a quest, so make sure you have 10 or less tickets before you start killing stuff, and make sure to loot.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

How are the servers doing today? Did maintenance fix things or are people still getting disconnected?

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..

Cygna posted:

How are the servers doing today? Did maintenance fix things or are people still getting disconnected?

Server reboot seems to have fixed everything that isn't normally hosed up.

I am really enjoying my first Witches' Festival, and really not enjoying grinding for a Pale Order lead in the least-conducive public dungeon possible. Bad Bad Man! :argh:

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

CK07 posted:

Server reboot seems to have fixed everything that isn't normally hosed up.

I am really enjoying my first Witches' Festival, and really not enjoying grinding for a Pale Order lead in the least-conducive public dungeon possible. Bad Bad Man! :argh:

keep at it. its huge pain in the rear end but the pale order ring prettymuch makes you unkillable in solo content.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

ASenileAnimal posted:

keep at it. its huge pain in the rear end but the pale order ring prettymuch makes you unkillable in solo content.

gently caress I have the lead but it expires in three days and my scrying/excavation isn’t high enough to get it yet! Maybe I can get some grinding in after baby goes to sleep tonight.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

This event is incredible. Disappointed that my skeleton bosmer doesn't turn into a skeleton werewolf, but I contented myself with making my skeleton dark elf grow into a skeleton Bone Goliath :3:

Also, holy poo poo, I finally knocked Wuyuvus off my map yesterday and I could not see a goddamn thing the entire fight. Is this a Wuyuvus thing or a "overworld boss fights during Witches Festival" thing?

(ignore my lovely skillbar setup, I was in the middle of swapping stuff around when the boss finally spawned)

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Cygna posted:

Is this a Wuyuvus thing or a "overworld boss fights during Witches Festival" thing?
I don't think it's anything specific to the Witches Festival. It's a combo of Wuyuvus has several AOE air altering effects and when you get an event you have a bunch of people dropping AOEs and ultimates on a boss to burn them, you get that.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Cygna posted:

This event is incredible. Disappointed that my skeleton bosmer doesn't turn into a skeleton werewolf, but I contented myself with making my skeleton dark elf grow into a skeleton Bone Goliath :3:

Also, holy poo poo, I finally knocked Wuyuvus off my map yesterday and I could not see a goddamn thing the entire fight. Is this a Wuyuvus thing or a "overworld boss fights during Witches Festival" thing?

(ignore my lovely skillbar setup, I was in the middle of swapping stuff around when the boss finally spawned)

It’s a cool fight. I soloed it, and I had to really be on my game to pull it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Is the antiquities system fun and/or worth it?