Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

NFL lead-in, trash statistics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
I had a roommate that thought the new simpsons was good. Hes in prison now and will be for awhile

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

runnypoops posted:

I had a roommate that thought the new simpsons was good. Hes in prison now and will be for awhile

I'm glad to know they're finally treating this kind of behavior with the seriousness it deserves. :colbert:

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Which 18-49 year old is watching 60 minutes?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Cemetry Gator posted:

Which 18-49 year old is watching 60 minutes?

Ones visiting their grandparents for Sunday dinner, watching TV while they eat in order to ignore the awkward gaps in conversation.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The zoomers love Lesley Stahl.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

what? i thought that despite the fact that it got approved for another 50 seasons, the show's ratings were pretty mediocre?

or is it that 60 minutes ratings suck too?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

All TV ratings suck these days especially for teens and 20's

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Last Chance posted:

Our nightmare will never end lol

I kinda want to learn how bad it will get :sickos:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
why does bart have to stay behind the sofa

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
tvs are just white noise machines for public spaces. They're also white noise machines for private spaces too because just having a device that just plays media without you having to make any sort of decision other than channel is handy.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mr Interweb posted:

what? i thought that despite the fact that it got approved for another 50 seasons, the show's ratings were pretty mediocre?

or is it that 60 minutes ratings suck too?

NFL lead-in

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

sexpig by night posted:

why does bart have to stay behind the sofa

He knows what he did.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

so i randomly caught a video rec on YT of patrick willems where he talked about his favorite episode, Lemon of Troy, and thought i'd watch that next. great episode of course, but one thing always bugged me since i was a kid. it's that scene where bart's in that room with the tiger cages that have roman numerals on them. now i'll preface this by saying i haven't seen the rocky films, but at the time the episode aired, there were only 5 rocky films. so what the hell is rocky VII: adrian's revenge?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

A joke

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

:thejoke:

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
The joke is that they make a lot of Rocky sequels

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

i don't understand though

what's the joke here exactly?

i mean, i get the adding V+II, but what is the 'adrian's revenge' part supposed to mean?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Mr Interweb posted:

i don't understand though

what's the joke here exactly?

i mean, i get the adding V+II, but what is the 'adrian's revenge' part supposed to mean?

I’m not a Rocky expert but I think the joke is Adrian is a peaceful woman who helped bring Rocky stability, so it’s absurd a sequel would revolve around her seeking revenge. There being too many Rocky sequels also showed up in Spaceballs and Airplane 2.

My main memory of that scene (or maybe it’s the lemon rock scene) is Bart’s voice getting super nasal.

Hyrax Attack! fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Oct 15, 2021

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
TIL “Adrian’s Revenge” isn’t a real film

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Holy poo poo lol

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I’m not a Rocky expert but I think the joke is Adrian is a peaceful woman who helped bring Rocky stability, so it’s absurd a sequel would revolve around her seeking revenge. There being too many Rocky sequels also showed up in Spaceballs and Airplane 2.

My main memory of that scene (or maybe it’s the lemon rock scene) is Bart’s voice getting super nasal.

wait, adrian is the wife? i thought that was the coach?

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

I don't think you know enough about Rocky to appreciate the joke. Maybe you should watch the real Rocky VII (Creed)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What in the christ :wtc:

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Guys could someone explain the Star Trek: So Very Tired joke? That's not a real movie! And why would they be tired anyway?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Mr Interweb posted:

wait, adrian is the wife? i thought that was the coach?

That's Mick.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

The V in Rocky V stands for Viking (because he is good at boxing)

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Hyrax Attack! posted:

This. It's the rock scene, and it's an awful line read that sounds more like a woman with a cold than it does Bart.

I can't believe someone beat me to mentioning that lol

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Not sure the mockery here is warranted

I already said I never watched any rocky films and apparently didn't even know who Adrian was so you'll have to forgive me for not getting the joke/reference :shrug:

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Mr Interweb posted:

Not sure the mockery here is warranted

I already said I never watched any rocky films and apparently didn't even know who Adrian was so you'll have to forgive me for not getting the joke/reference :shrug:

Is this a bit?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Is this a bit?

...no?

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
The Rocky films aren’t worth caring about beyond the first one or whatever so it’s not that weird that someone wouldn’t know “Rocky VII: Adrian’s Revenge” isn’t a real movie.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

The Rocky films aren’t worth caring about beyond the first one or whatever so it’s not that weird that someone wouldn’t know “Rocky VII: Adrian’s Revenge” isn’t a real movie.

Now you just hold on a goddamned minute there, son.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Was not expecting this being the reason for 20 posts.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

The Rocky films are referenced so much in all kinds of media that I would think a lot of people would at least know a little about them through social osmosis enough to get the joke. The joke is simply there were five Rockys when that episode aired, and even then people were like “lol there’s a lot of Rocky movies!” That”s all.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna look for Bonestorm for the SNES and some McBain Blu-rays on eBay which totally exist and are totally real.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Yo Adrian, he did it!

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Eagerly awaiting someone from the thread tweeting the staff about this again, like the viking thing. We need canon clarification!

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Mocky Malmoa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I was thinking Marve might be a funny/lazy Marvel rename, so of course they didn't do it.