Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Which one is Fart Box Teferi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
https://scryfall.com/card/usg/66/confiscate

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It owns that Teferi is canonically a little shithead prankster

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Disruptive Student is the best Teferi card

fight me

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Batterypowered7 posted:

I really like playing Stranglehold if I can fit it in the 100. I've tooled around with a 5C Enchantress deck, playing 15 Theros gods, and I stick Stony Silence and Torpor Orb in there too. People REALLY don't like seeing the Stony Silence hit the board.

*clears throat*

I'll...I'll just leave this here: https://www.moxfield.com/decks/dget-RZHGkeQPaN9AN6A2w

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

AlternateNu posted:

*clears throat*

I'll...I'll just leave this here: https://www.moxfield.com/decks/dget-RZHGkeQPaN9AN6A2w

My list leans hard on pillow fort elements so I can try to buy time to get a bunch of gods out with Karona at the helm, then I go for one big, flashy swing. Lots of attempted wipe prevention/recovery with Second Sunrise type effects, Teferi's Protection, Replenish, and I think even Open the Vaults. It's not a terribly optimized list, but I'm happy with it.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

https://deckstats.net/decks/83801/800389-inalla-archmage-ritualist

Was tooling around with Inalla, trying to use either Sundial or Obeka to get tokens to stick around. Then I realize the deck doesn't really DO anything. Don't even know what direction to take it in, really.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
e: nvm

DPM fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Oct 9, 2021

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
What do you want the wizards to do when you get them? Do you wanna beat face? Or sac them for value? Or tap them to draw cards and mill yourself out?

Grixis Wizard tribal seems cool, but you gotta figure out what you like about making little Wizards

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

I was kind of just hoping to abuse the ETB triggers, but then I realized I didn't have a lot of interesting triggers to abuse. Maybe landing Inalla and just doming people for seven with a bunch of tokens would be good. Bouncing Cyclone Summoner back to hand with Riptide Lab and just keeping the board clear seems like a powerful way to make a path for regular old alpha strikes. I had Docent of Perfection in the list for stronger beats at one point, but I wasn't sure there were enough Instants and Sorceries there to justify the inclusion.

I think I just remembered Sundial at some point and thought, "Yes, this is what I want. To get around the EoT trigger that gets rid of the tokens," and kind of just ran with that without giving it more thought.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Batterypowered7 posted:

I was kind of just hoping to abuse the ETB triggers, but then I realized I didn't have a lot of interesting triggers to abuse. Maybe landing Inalla and just doming people for seven with a bunch of tokens would be good. Bouncing Cyclone Summoner back to hand with Riptide Lab and just keeping the board clear seems like a powerful way to make a path for regular old alpha strikes. I had Docent of Perfection in the list for stronger beats at one point, but I wasn't sure there were enough Instants and Sorceries there to justify the inclusion.

I think I just remembered Sundial at some point and thought, "Yes, this is what I want. To get around the EoT trigger that gets rid of the tokens," and kind of just ran with that without giving it more thought.

There's a ton of wizards with cool etbs in Grixis, you can also use purphoros/sneak attack if you're going to go sundial/obeka and you can use things like impact tremors and the other purphoros to deal damage when you have creature enter play, and then you can use stuff like goblin bomartment to sacrifice your creatures for value if you don't have one of your "don't end turn" triggers, you could also do a sideline in stealing people's creatures with cards like claim the firstborn; it does look like they've correctly re-templated all the red gain control effects so you can't keep the creature by skipping the end step.

There's a guide to using sundial or obeka in this article: https://www.goonhammer.com/commander-focus-kroxa-doesnt-want-the-turn-to-end/

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
It’s pretty satisfying to nuke the whole table down with Purpheros, Yarok, Field of the dead and a Vesuva copying fotd. Played 2 lands and it was over

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Batterypowered7 posted:

https://deckstats.net/decks/83801/800389-inalla-archmage-ritualist

Was tooling around with Inalla, trying to use either Sundial or Obeka to get tokens to stick around. Then I realize the deck doesn't really DO anything. Don't even know what direction to take it in, really.

Not sure what the overall plan is but I have a casual deck with Obeka as the commander and it's a ton of fun abusing stuff like Sneak Attack and various powerful ETBs that end at turn. Plus you get extra turn spells in red and that's just silly fun.

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:negative:

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I would never

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I would, and do

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
For anything specifically meant fo a casual table, I have a hardline “30 + your Commander’s Mana Value” is the land count and I never ever alter that. It’s kind of a safety valve to ensure I’m not just ripping heaters and value while trying to have a friendly game.

But in cEDH? LoL some of my decks are down to 28 lands.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

All day err day

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Heath posted:

I would, and do

:hmmyes:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I have constructed the most anti-Tergrid bullshit I could come up with using Sigarda as the commander

Tons of weird old graveyard hate cards, counter-black cards, cards that punish swamps specifically

It will not win, but the next time my group decides to run 3 Tergrids against me just to annoy me I'm pulling this out

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

That reminds me of the time a friend of mine put 4 of the merfolk from Invasion block with protection from Kavu into his deck because he kept getting got by my FTKs :laffo:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

There was a hot minute when a bunch of people were running Meren and I just started playing so much graveyard hate, even poo poo like Ravenous Trap.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I found this enchantment, which I quite like:

Spiritual Focus{1}{W}

Enchantment

Whenever a spell or ability an opponent controls causes you to discard a card, you gain 2 life and you may draw a card.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

How does Library of Leng interact with Tegrid?

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Library of Leng is a replacement effect, sending the card to your library instead of graveyard, which is "faster" than Tergrid's triggered effect. As a rule of thumb, any effect that tells you to do something else "instead" will ruin Tergrid's trigger.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

It is insane to me how much EDH has affected the secondary card market in the past decade. I bought a Mana Vault for like a dollar before the first set of precons came out and that poo poo hovers around $50 now. Smothering Tithe is almost $40. Plenty of cards that would be unplayable in other formats worth tens of dollars just because five dudes were bored in a cabin or some poo poo.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Batterypowered7 posted:

It is insane to me how much EDH has affected the secondary card market in the past decade. I bought a Mana Vault for like a dollar before the first set of precons came out and that poo poo hovers around $50 now. Smothering Tithe is almost $40. Plenty of cards that would be unplayable in other formats worth tens of dollars just because five dudes were bored in a cabin or some poo poo.

EDH filled a niche that people didn't know they wanted; high-variance durdly nostalgic bullshit Magic. That sounds like a shitpost, but I say that with all the love and sincerity in the world.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Magnetic North posted:

EDH filled a niche that people didn't know they wanted; high-variance durdly nostalgic bullshit Magic. That sounds like a shitpost, but I say that with all the love and sincerity in the world.

I was a miserable poo poo back then. How DARE people have the wrong kind of fun?! So of course my first deck was UW Grand Arbiter Augustin IV Stax. My second deck was UB Oona Mill. Then I mellowed the gently caress out and built Riku. I've long since lost most pieces to the first two decks, but the shame remains.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

ChannelFireball wants to get you all sick in one place! :v:

https://www.mtglasvegas.com/

https://my.cfbevents.com/event/165/schedule

:negative: Why is Commander stuff so early in the morning???? I just wanna play horribly while drunk.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Jiro posted:

ChannelFireball wants to get you all sick in one place! :v:

I mean, they are requiring masks and vax / negative test proof. Some events, like BGG Con (and I think GenCon?) weren't even doing that.

I'm still wouldn't go.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Magnetic North posted:

I mean, they are requiring masks and vax / negative test proof. Some events, like BGG Con (and I think GenCon?) weren't even doing that.

I'm still wouldn't go.

:thejoke:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Thoughts on the new sheriff guy in Winota? You don't get his trigger when she spins him up, but that ability seems alright. Gotta spend your mana on something when RoL is fun policing.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Winota Ryder

Edit: I don't think this is going to be able to out-perform any of the cards currently in the standard Winota lists.

Aranan fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Oct 14, 2021

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah a 4 drop human who doesn’t trigger until the turn after you cheat him into play isnt where Winota wants to be

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Can I sac a Shusher to Neoform and use it to make it uncounterable? I’m assuming no but I saw some Mengucci video a while ago where he had a similar interaction with Prospector I think and it worked.

fadam fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 15, 2021

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

You pay all costs for a spell first, so Shusher would already be sacced before you get a chance to make Neoform uncounterable, I think.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

Yeah, the shusher is dead before the spell goes on the stack and you get priority again.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Ty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

LeafHouse posted:

Yeah, the shusher is dead before the spell goes on the stack and you get priority again.

This is slightly off. The spell is placed on the stack and cost is determined before costs are paid, but no one has priority until it is fully cast which includes paying all costs.

This is why you can cast Emry for two with only a Lotus Petal and basic island.