Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

-CHA
Jun 21, 2004

State-of-the-art
home video technology

Got a faucet filtration system so I can stop buying bottled drinking water.

Had my elderly hamster pass away last week, so I also got a new tiny friend. His name is Reggie and he is 6 weeks old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

Thanks, I earned it with my financial superiority.

Let me guess you have to work for your money? loving pathetic.

Duck and Cover has a new favorite as of 04:56 on Oct 10, 2021

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Looks like I am buying two walkie talkies, 5 channels 27mhz. Probably gonna need some new antennas, maybe recapping and I am thinking of replacing the batteries with lithium cells.

No modern VHF or UHF here, good ole 27mhz band. Since so many people have switched over to higher bands this means the 27mhz band is quie a lot less cluttered. Which is good because I was planning on giving these to my boys, figure they'll make decent toys. They got some lovely wrist band communicators as birthday presents, utter crap build quality so they're broken aready. Which is why I am looking at something less destructible.

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer
Nice! I got my kids some used UHF radios earlier this year and they enjoyed them a lot.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
kinda makes me happy that kids still enjoy walkie talkies

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Glottis posted:

kinda makes me happy that kids still enjoy walkie talkies

Can confirm, we had some old ones show up here last christmas and the kids, who all have phones, were still pretty entertained by basic walkies. Something about push to talk just makes it more fun.

OGDanDogg
Sep 16, 2002
Nothing beats the feeling of endlessly "copy over"ing your child.

Copy Over.

Nobody said anything!

Copy. Over.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
10-4 good buddy

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
The new Metroid. And a Switch without all accessories to play it on.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
The new Metroid is soooo goooood.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Rolo posted:

The new Metroid is soooo goooood.

oh goddamnit, now I'm gonna have to commandeer the switch back from the little one for a while...damnit. I swore I wouldn't buy more full priced games....ugh, I want to play it so bad though...ugh.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

We've been traveling and put it off a bit, but finally decided on the turquoise Moccamaster

mystes
May 31, 2006

ReidRansom posted:

We've been traveling and put it off a bit, but finally decided on the turquoise Moccamaster

Bianchi does coffee makers?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

If I didn’t already have an expresso setup I’d likely pull the trigger on that. It’s purdy.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Good thing I don’t drink coffee I would spend so much on coffee stuff.

See: alcohol.

crab hat CRAB HAT!
Feb 19, 2008
Doctor Rope
Bought a house. It's my first. Looking forward to living away from the city for the first time in my life.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Just a nice weekend driving trip at the Tail of the Dragon. Ordered a couple of prints from Killboy as well.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

mystes posted:

Bianchi does coffee makers?

Wow it IS almost Bianchi color isn't it. I'd remembered them as more green.

crab hat CRAB HAT! posted:

Bought a house. It's my first. Looking forward to living away from the city for the first time in my life.

This is super quaint and pretty and you should cottagecore the poo poo out of it.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

Warbird posted:

If I didn’t already have an expresso setup I’d likely pull the trigger on that. It’s purdy.

It's both purdy and a good machine. I think my parents have had one of those for almost a decade at this point?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Rolo posted:

Good thing I don’t drink coffee I would spend so much on coffee stuff.

See: alcohol.

Coffee is a pretty cheap "hobby" to get into as the best stuff isn't that expensive unless you go deep into espresso machines and grinders.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

beautiful place, what's your plan for dealing with the werewolves?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Just a nice weekend driving trip at the Tail of the Dragon. Ordered a couple of prints from Killboy as well.

I really want to get out there in the GTI but it’s too drat far out there to drive to and back from the Charlotte area in a day. Doubly so with a baby around now.

crab hat CRAB HAT!
Feb 19, 2008
Doctor Rope

AKZ posted:

beautiful place, what's your plan for dealing with the werewolves?

:getin:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

That place looks swedish as hell.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Warbird posted:

I really want to get out there in the GTI but it’s too drat far out there to drive to and back from the Charlotte area in a day. Doubly so with a baby around now.

It was 690 miles each way for us. Ended up doing 1900 total in a weekend, but my kids are a little older. Take an overnighter some time. You’ll be glad you did.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Warbird posted:

CLT peeps :respek:

I need to get my motorcycle up to the tail and try it a few times, never done it.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

You need chickens running around that garden.

crab hat CRAB HAT!
Feb 19, 2008
Doctor Rope

His Divine Shadow posted:

That place looks swedish as hell.

It is indeed very Swedish.

edit:
Have another picture because i like this house a lot

crab hat CRAB HAT! has a new favorite as of 21:05 on Oct 13, 2021

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read
God drat that looks amazing. Congrats!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Well done! Love the house.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Just bought a ticket to see The Rolling Stones at Ford Field next month. I desperately need to go to a live show, it's been over 2 years now.

:rock:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Early birthday present for myself

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I discovered I have a horrible vice, which is Instagram raffles. Just won this on one, and all for :10bux::

Looks like I got my Christmas shopping done for my brother-in-law!

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I really need to see that on a head.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Android Apocalypse posted:

I discovered I have a horrible vice, which is Instagram raffles. Just won this on one, and all for :10bux::

Looks like I got my Christmas shopping done for my brother-in-law!

is your brother in law peyton manning or a cone head?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Got Invicta Gold roach bait gel.

I put it in the heater in my apartment where I saw the roach come out from. I've never turned on the pilot light in it because I don't need to use a heater in Los Angeles.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

ArmZ posted:

is your brother in law peyton manning or a cone head?

My brother-in-law likes fishing. Also my sister has more than enough sense than to be with a sex pest* like :manning:.

*alleged

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I got Lasik Tuesday. It is so weird to not have glasses on. It's messing with my head.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Digital Jedi posted:

I got Lasik Tuesday. It is so weird to not have glasses on. It's messing with my head.

In a couple weeks it's gonna be :aaa:, but in a good way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Digital Jedi posted:

Have fun putting on/taking off your glasses that aren't there. I did that quite a bit at first. I'm 10 years later and still have perfect vision. One of the best things I ever did.