Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
good thread passed along from henry krinkle with some funny poo poo in it
https://twitter.com/RobertSkvarla/status/1448816164298186759

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lost Time
Sep 28, 2012

All necessities, provided. All anxieties, tranquilized. All boredom, amused.

Azathoth posted:

It was reported in mainstream outlets that Alexander Acosta, who cut the cushy deal with Epstein in 2007 and later became Trump's Labor Secretary, did so because he was told Epstein "belonged to intelligence". Frankly, it would be more surprising if he wasn't connected to intelligence services given who he was palling around with.

There's also a lot of shadowy ties between him and both Israeli and Russian intelligence as well, so for all we know, he was an asset for some other country or got flipped somehow by someone else after working for the US.

Can't also forget how Epstein even got his start, being a relative unaccomplished nobody:
https://twitter.com/TeddyB_NYGiants/status/1305494124137676800
https://twitter.com/DavidManOnFire/status/1354890962271690755

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

smarxist posted:

this is the only reasonable explanation of how vaush who is brazenly and outwardly repulsive somehow has an audience

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

comedyblissoption posted:

this is the only reasonable explanation of how vaush who is brazenly and outwardly repulsive somehow has an audience

modern western intelligence is interesting in that its an utter failure at achieving foreign policy goals but very good at cultivating assets to keep the domestic populace of all classes docile

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

The Sausages posted:

Reminds me of the Croatian Six. lol @ cold war Australia ham-fistedly running interference for literal fascist terrorists and murderers, but also (if somewhat reluctantly) for the communist agents working to shut them down.

See also - the Sydney Hilton bombing coverups.

but looking into this part of history does make me wonder how far back this sort of thing goes, it's not like authoritarians would fail to notice the usefulness of the Haymarket bombing as an excuse to raid and to kill pro-worker agitators.

The most honest thing I've seen from the CIA about the CIA is their homebrewed Jack Ryan fan fiction.

Pollan is less a CIA plant and more a PR agent for whoever's paying.

Psychedelics becoming a thing again is probably less to do with the CIA and more to do with surveillance capitalism as is lusted after by villainous right-wing billionaires such as Peter Thiel (who needs no introduction) and Christian Angermeyer (biotech capitalist and proud adviser to the genocidal Paul Kagame). The bit in Westworld where William realises the potential of the park as an intelligence asset, reminds me of motivation of these people who are looking to control the psychedelic landscape and access the highly personal data that can be extracted from it.

Looking into who is behind psychedelics re-emerging may draw one's attention to the questionable nature of a lot of widely lauded philanthropy.

I fuckin love this thread

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

I find it very interesting that paranoia about transhumanism was seeded into conspiracy theory, especially antivaxxer, circles. Given the links of the Epstein cliques to that ideology, the attempt at a diversion seems obvious.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Saw an XR op tonight, blocked an intersection nobody uses on Thursday night for ~15 minutes while they played techno. They had a permit ffs.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Aberration in the Heartland of the Real posted:

A recurring anomaly, however, appears when one compares certain portions of McVeigh’s medical records to other ones. Notably absent from his Special Forces Qualification papers, or the many letters he continued to write home, are any mention of his previous or ongoing extensive doctor and dentist visits that, when combined with the changes he experienced after returning from Germany, detail his continuing personal “avalanche of decay” and appear as evidence of his earlier warning to Steve that he would “never be the same again.”

Prior to January 1989, McVeigh received five shots and immunizations, including a Plague II and Plague III shot, both of which, while later proving problematic for the Department of Defense and many veterans, may be explained as routine. Throughout 1989, four medical screenings are listed, also ostensibly routine. Not routine by any measure, however, are his twenty-six dentist visits from January 1989 until December 1990, one of which occurred on September 6, 1990, when he was in Ft. Benning attending the PLDC. McVeigh, who had never had any known dental issues prior to enlisting in the Army had, by this time, begun to lose the majority of his teeth, the records reflecting that out of thirty-two teeth, twenty-three of them had begun to decay.

It goes on to detail how hosed up McVeigh was, skin blisters, bad infections from minor stuff and totally messed bowels, among lots and lots of other maladies. Somehow, he was still medically cleared for special forces evaluation and training. loving lmaoooo

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

smarxist posted:

lol at the idea that the CIA thought they needed to do anything to provoke leftist infighting

dead gay comedy forums posted:

It goes on to detail how hosed up McVeigh was, skin blisters, bad infections from minor stuff and totally messed bowels, among lots and lots of other maladies. Somehow, he was still medically cleared for special forces evaluation and training. loving lmaoooo
that sounds suspiciously like radiation poisoning. CIA playing same game as what we hear more often as part of the KGB/FSB game?

GWBBQ has issued a correction as of 08:46 on Oct 15, 2021

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

GWBBQ posted:

lol at the idea that the CIA thought they needed to do anything to provoke leftist infighting

that sounds suspiciously like radiation poisoning. CIA playing same game as what we hear more often as part of the KGB/FSB game?

lol later in the book dr joly west gets involved. its great

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol later in the book dr joly west gets involved. its great
Fair enough. The most frustrating thing about this thread is that it's going to take several lifetimes to read up on everything. Hell, it would take at least a few hundred to just read everything on Jolly West.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

GWBBQ posted:

Well cointelpro was the FBI not the CIA.

The CIA had CHAOS.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

GWBBQ posted:

McVeigh was the first test subject for "Havana Syndrome"

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

what's a good resource/book that dives into Lee Harvey Oswald and all the spooky characters he crossed paths with on his way to becoming a patsy?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

my bony fealty posted:

what's a good resource/book that dives into Lee Harvey Oswald and all the spooky characters he crossed paths with on his way to becoming a patsy?

Peter Dale Scott's Dallas 63

eshock
Sep 2, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

my bony fealty posted:

Thread favorite The Devil's Chessboard also devotes a lot of space to this.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

I have been mired in work for a while now but I do finally have access to a scanner and I have the Big Book of Conspiracies and I would never imagine combining them but if I found somewhere else online where someone had uploaded scans of each comics series would ya'll like 2 see that? Maybe like one a week or something

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

nut posted:

I have been mired in work for a while now but I do finally have access to a scanner and I have the Big Book of Conspiracies and I would never imagine combining them but if I found somewhere else online where someone had uploaded scans of each comics series would ya'll like 2 see that? Maybe like one a week or something

sure. lmao at your Halloween av btw

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Aberration in the Heartland of the Real posted:

When he arrived back at Ft. Riley, McVeigh told one soldier that the SFAS had been “cancelled.” He once told his mother and later, on one occasion, his attorneys, that he became disillusioned during the SFAS when he learned the Special Forces were “college book” oriented rather than field oriented. To others, however, he painted another, much stranger portrait of events, the details of which vary slightly depending on who he told it to and when. These stories form the basis for many of the early and still circulating alternate narrative variations, most notably those of the Guilty Agent and Experimental variety although, as seen in the Jones Collection, McVeigh articulated variations of this story to others earlier. A letter written to his sister Jennifer in October 1993 best encapsulates the story he would tell in its most enduring form.

McVeigh told her that his disillusionment “all revolves around my arrival at Ft. Bragg.” The 400 new recruits had all taken a number of “intelligence, psychological, adeptness and a whole battery of other tests.” Although not specifying exactly when, he said that, one day, SFAS officers called ten E-5 Sergeants with Secret Clearances, including himself, out of formation, separated them from the others and made them “feel special” by telling them that they had been “handpicked” based on their test results, “intelligence [and] physical makeup.” After receiving a classified “intelligence briefing,” they were asked to “volunteer” for a special covert assignment in which they would act as “military consultants” to domestic and international civilian police and intelligence agencies. Although the exact nature and extent of the assignment remained undisclosed until they accepted the mission, it could involve a number of unsavory tasks including drug smuggling and assassinations.

In subsequent letters he informed his sister that, while at first he played along and returned to Buffalo where his ‘handler’ made occasional contact with him, as time went by, the more he learned about his secret mission, the more distraught he became until, eventually, he became suicidal and, in a near nervous breakdown, confided the entire ordeal to his grandfather. Soon after, he decided to “hit the road,” go on the run, and “keep my path cool, in case someone is looking to shut up someone who knows too much.” He acknowledged that, because of the drastic change in his personality after leaving the Army, the entire family now believed he was mentally disturbed, but assured her this was an act, all “part of the game.” He asked her to keep what he disclosed to herself and warned that if she betrayed his confidence, his life could be in danger. He apologized if what he told her had “gently caress[ed] [her] up” but said that he “had an urgent need for someone in the family to understand me” and “needed someone to know, in case I’m found floating in a river.”

hearing the crack
going through the ping
evil lurks, lips smack
mind draws like a bowstring

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

nut posted:

Yes.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

nut posted:

nut ur feet are gone

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

Excelzior posted:

McVeigh was the first test subject for "Havana Syndrome"

simplest explanation is meth

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

dead gay comedy forums posted:

hearing the crack
going through the ping
evil lurks, lips smack
mind draws like a bowstring

to those living in it such a reality would be utterly indistinguishable from psychotic paranoia

Philip K Dick was utterly insane and also a prophet

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

The Sausages posted:

to those living in it such a reality would be utterly indistinguishable from psychotic paranoia

Philip K Dick was utterly insane and also a prophet

events these days make you almost feel like VALIS was a documentary

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Smug Mug posted:

simplest explanation is meth

ah, Fort Lauderdale syndrome

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

ram dass in hell posted:

events these days make you almost feel like VALIS was a documentary

that reminds me I was gonna do a Let's Read on the Exegesis, but....you know....

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

mdemone posted:

that reminds me I was gonna do a Let's Read on the Exegesis, but....you know....

trigger warning PKD was sexually abused as a child and spent the rest of his life being told by psychiatrists that it didn't happen.

Convincing his psychiatrist that "actually it's my wife that's crazy and trying to kill me and she needs to be institutionalized" after a allegedly trying to murder her is exactly the sort of poo poo the CIA would pull. I don't think that's what he was, just that's his world that he lived in. "Use the manipulators to manipulate" is all well and good until you're psychotically paranoid and abusive AF.

I heartily recommend that people seek psychological and legitimate medicinal support if they are struggling with their mental health, I have a good psychologist I can see if I feel the need and medication has helped me when I needed it to, but there's not a single psychiatrist in my city that my physician will recommend for non-emergency situations.

The Sausages has issued a correction as of 00:01 on Oct 16, 2021

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

also,

Leak sheds light on family tied to 9/11 hijackers, royals dabbling in Florida real estate, Russiagate participants, Bank of Credit and Commerce International

which of course reminds me of more cold war Australia hijinks

See also - The Qaddafi Connection

quote:

Two former operatives of the United States Central Intelligence Agency made a business deal with Col. Muammarel-Qaddafi, the ruler of Libya. In essence, the former C.I.A. men agreed to sell Colonel Qaddafi their accumulated years of American intelligence-agency contacts, experience and expertise.

As a result, the two Americans, according to Federal investigators, have made millions of dollars aiding Qaddafi in his drive to export terrorism and build his own Middle Eastern power. Under cover of their export-import business, Wilson and Terpil are said to have helped Libya set up a manufacturing plant for the production of assassination weapons; to have themselves helped Qaddafi plan political assassinations; to have recruited dozens of former Green Berets to teach Libyan soldiers and Arab terrorists how to handle volatile explosives - how, for example, to turn ashtrays into weapons of terror; to have illegally shipped arms explosives to Libya with the aid of forged and fraudulent State Department export certificates, and to have involved other former C.I.A. employees in their projects.
Printed 7 years before Lockerbie

everything old is new again posted:

The Wilson-Terpil case is a story of Americans who meet secretly in bars and board rooms to arrange the illegal sale of electronic-spying equipment and terrorist weapons, and of Americans who train assassins abroad. It is a story of an old-boy network of former C.I.A. operatives and military men, and a story of present and past C.I.A. leaders who seem unable to face fully the implications of the case.It tells of a basic inability of the Government's investigative and law-enforcement agencies to perform effectively. And it suggests that a moral climate exists inside and on the edges of the intelligence community which results in the subversion of national goals to personal gain.

The Sausages has issued a correction as of 00:14 on Oct 16, 2021

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

picked up this and CHAOS for my next reads, thanks. adding Devils Chessboard to the list too.

been making bread recently and finally got that big book about bread so ill be enjoying some homemade bread and crack pinging all weekend.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/justinboldaji/status/1449176738269827076

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
lmao i love the feeling of a fresh crack ping

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

what

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
holy loving poo poo

nut
Jul 30, 2019

ahahahahahahahahahahaha

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

"dave chapelle is an op" is not what I expected to read on a friday night

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Lmao I haven't cracked or pinged like that in a while goddamn

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

hmbol you what

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

this is too much, the crack may be so big that the vessel can't produce the ping

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

obama's mom and chappelle's mom reminiscing together about the good old days, going around the world with usaid and killing communists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

This poo poo rules, you really can't become famous without your parents being connected