Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Ice Fist posted:

It's going to happen. Being almost annual contenders since the mid 90s means we've stored up at least a generation of being terrible. I've made my peace with the fact that our next 10-15 QBs at a minimum must be no better than average.

Hell, alot of fans are super eager to speed this up by wanting to get rid of Rodgers.

Jordan Love will be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

fishing with the fam posted:

Oh man, I forgot about Jordan Howard. I was disappointed when the Bears traded him, but god drat they were right to do so. That dudes career has been nothing but decline.

Funnily enough I recently saw a column saying the Bears should snag him from his practice squad due to the RB injuries.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Gah! I was about to say the Bears shouldn't pick up an aging RB just because he's a recognizable name. And then I check his wikipedia and he's only 26! Dude's 26 and looks completely cooked.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

sweet geek swag posted:

What's he gonna say? "Yeah, Pace really hosed me over there."

I think Johnson might turn out to be pretty good. The safeties as a group are probably ok, particularly if Gipson is in. I imagine the Packers are going to be able to feast on Vildor and Shelley, though. And whether due to individual mistakes or schematic issues, the Bears secondary seems to give up 1 or 2 big plays due to blown coverage each game.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Detheros posted:

It'll be win or lose by 30 with no in-between.

The last time the Bears beat the Packers by more than a touchdown was in 2007. It was the last game of the season and the Packers were resting their starters.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Ummagumma posted:

I think Johnson might turn out to be pretty good. The safeties as a group are probably ok, particularly if Gipson is in. I imagine the Packers are going to be able to feast on Vildor and Shelley, though. And whether due to individual mistakes or schematic issues, the Bears secondary seems to give up 1 or 2 big plays due to blown coverage each game.

Every single time Rodgers plays the bears his receivers appear to have no one near them within 5 yards, it's going to be an absolute bloodbath. Davonte is going to set an NFL record.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The last time the Bears beat the Packers by more than a touchdown was in 2007. It was the last game of the season and the Packers were resting their starters.

I remember that game, Urlacher got a pick-six off Favre. After the TD, cut to commercial, and then back to the game with Urlacher on the bench with an oxygen mask. Final score 35-7.

It was windy as hell that day and when I went to work the next morning at my boss's house, two pieces of siding had blown off and landed in the backyard. One from his house and one from next door.

TITTIEKISSER69 fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Oct 15, 2021

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I feel like the only outright big win over the Packers was that first week of 2006 where rex unleashed the dragon to berrian early and then the defense shut favre out for the first time in his life

Edit hester also had a TD. The most perfect bears game, nothing but field goals and 3 yard runs besides that

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 15, 2021

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Jesus Christ the bears are 4-21 in the last 25 games against the pack. loving hell

In that same period Detroit has 8 wins including 4 in a row

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Oct 15, 2021

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

R.D. Mangles posted:

Every single time Rodgers plays the bears his receivers appear to have no one near them within 5 yards, it's going to be an absolute bloodbath. Davonte is going to set an NFL record.

Don't forget Cobb is back this year!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I dunno. The Bears looked like a real NFL football team last week while the Packers are struggling mightily to beat some pretty bad teams. The Packers defense is awful, and the Bears D might be the real deal.

I’m not taking this one for granted based on games from ten years ago.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

BGrifter posted:

I dunno. The Bears looked like a real NFL football team last week while the Packers are struggling mightily to beat some pretty bad teams. The Packers defense is awful, and the Bears D might be the real deal.

My one takeaway from these games is that it does not matter who is on either team because of Aaron Rodgers.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

BGrifter posted:

Packers defense isn't awful. They're performing very well at limiting plays of 20+ yards (2nd in the NFL at 11). The run defense is greatly improved both due to scheme and having actual ILBs. Campbell in particular has been amazing. Right now they're giving up a bit over 300 yards per game, good for 6th in the NFL (10th against the pass, 11th against the run).

The major issues have been that the corner situation is a disaster and sack numbers are low, both due to losing all-pro players for extended time as well as depth pieces. Red zone scoring has been an issue as well, but that tracked into the end of last season. Aside from the week 1 disaster by the whole team the defense has been pretty consistent.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Also the packers can play very well for a limited amount of time on D.

Where this limited time happens matters a lot

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

BGrifter posted:

There's no way Packers don't have a solid plan to mitigate the Bear's pass rush and take advantage of our lovely secondary. It might turn into a shoot-out but then it's an MVP QB versus our rookie behind a patchwork O-line. I hope we will put up a good fight but I like y'alls chances.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

BGrifter posted:

Do not fall into the trap. Everyone in Chicago falls for it at least once, but it's a trap. The Bears only beat the Packers when it doesn't matter if GB loses.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

The bears will absolutely blow out the Packers

I don't know when, but it will happen eventually. Probably.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Even Brett Hundley got a win off the bears once.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

yeah I think you guys are right this time THIS TIME the bears are defin itely going to beat the packers sorry about the picture i don't know how to get rid of it

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
McCaffrey out, Vikings good on starters. They might win a road game and even have a -2.5 line. They'll lose.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Yes, very scared of the *checks notes* Rookie QB led by *struggling to contain laughter* matt loving nagy beating aaron loving rodgashshahahahahhahahaha

ahhahahahahahhaha

ahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahaa

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Yea the juggernaut Packers that just went to OT against the Bengals and barely won.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean that’s the better than anyone the Bears have beat now that people accept the Raiders are bad

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

We’ll the Bears beat the Bengals without needing OT. So checkmate!

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Hopefully the Lions absolutely destroy the Bengals this week and turn the NFC North Bengals Ranking Scale on its head.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Technically so could the Packers had Crosby not melted down

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SirPablo posted:

Yea the juggernaut Packers that just went to OT against the Bengals and barely won.

But is every other team as good at hexxing Crosby?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
imagine having a kicker who was unreliable

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

mastershakeman posted:

Jesus Christ the bears are 4-21 in the last 25 games against the pack. loving hell

In that same period Detroit has 8 wins including 4 in a row

Miss you, Jim Caldwell. :sigh:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I dunno. I think the Packers are favored to win, but I’m not certain enough to start celebrating on Friday.

Maybe I’m worried about nothing. Wouldn’t be the first time!

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

CharlestheHammer posted:

Technically so could the Packers had Crosby not melted down

by that logic the Vikes would be 3-2. extending that logic they'd also have a super bowl win :smith:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
The bears will not beat aaron rodgers

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
which is why Mack is gonna take Rodgers head in the second play

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

ghosthorse posted:

by that logic the Vikes would be 3-2. extending that logic they'd also have a super bowl win :smith:

I mean the main difference is they did still win

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Jen X posted:

The bears will not beat aaron rodgers

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Technically the Bears just needs to slow down Rodgers and beat the Packers D

Which is much more doable

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Against the Lions and Raiders our secondary kept leaving receivers in tons of space and I don't think Rodgers is going to let us get away with that

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
If the Bengals were a missed kick away from beating the Packers, I feel like anything is possible.

That being said, it just... doesn't feel like it could ever actually happen

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I will not be gaslit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

Dexo posted:

which is why Mack is gonna take Rodgers head in the second play

I still remember a game, I think it was a season opener, where Rodgers went out early with what I assumed at the time to be a season ending injury.

Shortly after halftime we had the "Is that Rodgers ' music?!" moment where he came out to clown what was left of Chicago's hopes and dreams.

Aaron Rodgers owns is what I'm saying here.