Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

His kid didn't know how to open a can of beans and instead of helping her he just recorded her attempts at opening the can. I don't give a poo poo about it either way but people were talking about cancel culture going to far and things like that lmfao.

Yeah it just wasn’t sticky for me for whatever reason. All I remember was people arguing about beans and child abuse. So my apologies for making it about violence instead of public shaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

His kid didn't know how to open a can of beans and instead of helping her he just recorded her attempts at opening the can. I don't give a poo poo about it either way but people were talking about cancel culture going to far and things like that lmfao.

it was literally “figure out this simple machine, child” and anybody with a problem with it is a loving psycho. his only mistake was posting.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Glad to see stupid takes on bean dad haven't gone out of style

Bean dad should be in a gulag imo

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

selec posted:

his only mistake was posting.

mankind is fated to never truly learn this lesson

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Kunster posted:

Also Will liked his "apology" which was apparently typed out by a DNC apparatus.

The fact that people forgot that the people who brought up his weird tweets about jewish people were the types to dig these up anytime some internet personality goes "I don't like when people say slurs or whatever" and successfully managed to pin the blame on the McElroy fans and picrew people is the most amazing thing that shows how tiny a memory people have about poo poo like this.

mcelroy fans and picrew people deserve all the blame anyone cares to throw at them for posting crimes

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

A picrew avatar is the first sign that you are going to get the worst take you have ever seen.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

It wasn't the act of being Bean Dad that got Bean Dad cancelled, or rather, the Bean Dad Saga got people to look through his old tweets and they found a ton of lovely jokes which is what caused the true uproar

https://twitter.com/mmpadellan/status/1345783873553182727

God bless the discourse

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

What the gently caress is a Pod John

it fucks pod tricks

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

selec posted:

it was literally “figure out this simple machine, child” and anybody with a problem with it is a loving psycho. his only mistake was posting.

he literally starved his kid for hours lol

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Whoever got the most faves and RT's out of that debacle should have been given custody of his child imo.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

he never offered any alternate solutions

he should have left out a hammer and like a spoon or something so you eventually have a banged-open can of beans. real problem solving, instead of this rhetorical can opener crap

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I would simply teach my child but I'm built different

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I remember the moment I figured out how to use a can opener, it was life-changing. Everything seemed to make sense, all of the world's problems seemed so trivial, easy solutions were just sitting there waiting to be plucked, so I decided I would share this new insight by starting to post in the Glenn Greenwald CSPAM thread.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Goa Tse-tung posted:

he literally starved his kid for hours lol

literally hours.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

The Chad Jihad posted:

It wasn't the act of being Bean Dad that got Bean Dad cancelled, or rather, the Bean Dad Saga got people to look through his old tweets and they found a ton of lovely jokes which is what caused the true uproar

God bless the discourse

No one gave a poo poo about what you said in tweets until 2014 and since then it's pretty much mutually assured destruction for everyone who was on Twitter back before then because everyone posted like that

Justine Sacco Did Nothing Wrong

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
Microaggressions as a concept did so much to ruin victims by flattening any distinctions between actions. Now mocking your kid on Twitter is called abuse in the same way that beating a kid would (correctly) be called abuse

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Shipon posted:

Microaggressions as a concept did so much to ruin victims by flattening any distinctions between actions. Now mocking your kid on Twitter is called abuse in the same way that beating a kid would (correctly) be called abuse

Wasn't the whole point of microaggressions so that we could differentiate those two things?

If she is actually burning those pokemon cards though, she's definitely burying some childhood trauma deep in that poor kid.

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

tumblr did incalculable damage

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Shipon posted:

No one gave a poo poo about what you said in tweets until 2014 and since then it's pretty much mutually assured destruction for everyone who was on Twitter back before then because everyone posted like that

She was the first big Twitter one, right? I mean timing wise, I know she’s the AIDS lady

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Shipon posted:

God, yes. Was it BRYAN YANG YOU WONT CATCH ME SLIPPING who tried to take down Megan Amran and the same poo poo happened?

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
the ron and fez episode of shocktober is just okay. feels like bryan threw it together last minute. isn't helped by the other guy accidentally on an edible, and Felix a no-show.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the trillbillies mystery episode is back up btw, dunno if it's different than the original

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

They removed the condemnation of the iron dome, Pelosi works fast

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

yellowD posted:

tumblr did incalculable damage

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

whoever brought up bean dad again in ovtober of 2021 needs to be institutionalised ASAP

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Farm Frenzy posted:

whoever brought up bean dad again in ovtober of 2021 needs to be institutionalised ASAP

what's conor arpwel up to

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

i say swears online posted:

what's conor arpwel up to

he got turned into a real boy and is back to voting republican

Reverend Zero
Mar 8, 2006

i say swears online posted:

the trillbillies mystery episode is back up btw, dunno if it's different than the original

yeah im 3/4 the way thru and its heavy on the metapodcasting but seems to be a pretty standard trillbillies quality. its a meandering half-assed hangout pod, so the bar was never really that high.

also tanya is on and i love her hysterical laugh

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
amber has such a nice voice I may even listen to this entire interview episode

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Love me some Fat Titty Amber

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

papa horny michael posted:

the ron and fez episode of shocktober is just okay. feels like bryan threw it together last minute. isn't helped by the other guy accidentally on an edible, and Felix a no-show.

Crazy that Felix managed to be the biggest fuckup in that crew.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

some plague rats posted:

Ive never listened to trillbillies because every single thing I've seen posted about them makes them sound like the most pathetic losers imaginable

these people seem very white

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

The Chad Jihad posted:

God bless the discourse

this guy talks like a good dad. i am sure he is a good father who pays his dues

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
never heard of this clown yaron brook. the comments of his fans are something else

https://youtu.be/VbQ8wL-4HPc

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
was it hell of presidents that said keyensian failed around the time of the great depression because it didn't account for stagflation?

saw this pop across my feed:

quote:

Monetarists falsely blamed stagflation on Keynesianism’s being wrong. In reality, stagflation never occurred during the Great Depression or Keynes’ lifetime and so was simply never addressed. Keynesianism can indeed be extended to correctly predict and analyze stagflation.

Unfortunately, the public, being very tense, stressed, and distracted by the OPEC oil crises bought the false accusation and the monetarists swept into power. Monetarists has been preparing for this counter-revolution ever since the New Deal and strong banking regulations in the wake of the Great Depression resulted in the Golden Age of Capitalism, which increased the wealth of (almost) all. Those who wanted to be WAY more rich than everyone else didn’t like this one bit – even though that made it impossible to NOT sacrifice many on the bottom.

This is probably the largest historical example of Naomi Klein’s Disaster Capitaism.

A important related read is the 2017 book by Nancy MacLean, Democracy in Chains. Monetarists were merely the neutral-sounding academic justification used by the elise to completely disconnect the vast majority from their government. They have almost entirely succeeded, as evidence by our unprecedented levels of inequality and being on the brink of global societal collapse. Their vast amounts of money was pumped into the monetarist movement, turning them from "kooks" in the late sixties to legitimate in the public’s eyes, thanks to false Nobel prizes and think tanks (like the Cato Institute and The Center for a Responsible Budget) to put out false academic justification for their free-market ideas.

(Importantly, MacLean does not understand MMT, and so buys the primary justification used by these monsters for everything they’ve done and want to do: our taxes pay for poor people’s stuff, and that’s unfair. The poor are therefore the leeches in society, not us rich elites. That said, the book remains critically important. If she understood MMT it would have only been more so.)

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

crepeface posted:

was it hell of presidents that said keyensian failed around the time of the great depression because it didn't account for stagflation?

no, they were talking about the 70s economic malaise. keyenesianism didn't really have any influence over American policymaking before the great depression anyway.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Corky Romanovsky posted:

never heard of this clown yaron brook. the comments of his fans are something else

https://youtu.be/VbQ8wL-4HPc

thats a lot of nonsense

Judakel has issued a correction as of 18:14 on Oct 17, 2021

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

crepeface posted:

saw this pop across my feed:

nah and that's incorrect as mentioned. the bretton woods period started around ww2 and ended around the late 70s -- which you could call keynesian.

if you want a quick video on us and worldly economic development of the 20th century, Mark Blyth's video is pretty good. he unfortunately has a bit of a terminal NPR liberal brain though but i still enjoy him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJoe_daP0DE

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/E1podcast/status/1449805003250614278?t=i4q1G0vRCXqM_Rx486gzqg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
listened to a few red scare episodes, these broads aren't funny or smart. they got nothing.