Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The poison flasker could probably work pretty well with a hybrid life/es occultist even though its like built for pathfinders, specially with the life flask changes and masteries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Another dumb newb question: What happens to stash items when my current Expedition character moves to Standard with the other one I have there? I would think that the currency tabs just merge? What about other tabs?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
All your Expedition stuff gets put into remove-only tabs. You can take stuff out of them and manually put them into your Standard tabs or just completely ignore them (the correct option).

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The poison flasker could probably work pretty well with a hybrid life/es occultist even though its like built for pathfinders, specially with the life flask changes and masteries.

Yeah...I wonder! I have a dumb "advantage" because I play on Xbox so I have a chance to see whats looking good on days 1-4 of the league before I commit.

I feel like occultist + wicked ward + ghost shrouds might be awesome if you get some evasion. I really like all that chaos resistance from the occultist ascendency, too. Just dumb QoL.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

whypick1 posted:

tl;dr - Passive wheels with notables in them can be of a certain type (life, minion, attack, etc.) corresponding to a mastery. Allocating the notable in that wheel will allow you to select a mod in that mastery. Each mastery has a handful of mods in it, each one can only be selected once (no stacking).

In that example you can get either the ignite or the penetration notable to get the mastery point for that wheel. Any anointing the notables doesn't work supposedly.

mannnnn I kinda like that one option with a negative effect haha

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
I really want the poison flask poo poo to be league starter viable.

Is spellslinger still a legitimate starter?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

whypick1 posted:

All your Expedition stuff gets put into remove-only tabs. You can take stuff out of them and manually put them into your Standard tabs or just completely ignore them (the correct option).

If you're anything like me, every six months or so you think "I should go clean up my Standard stash", get through about a third of the 57 remove-only tabs I have, and go "gently caress this forever".

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I consolidated all my standard divination cards at some point just to see if I had anything neat in there but I guess I tend to always either use or sell the good cards I get because I had nothing

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Benson Cunningham posted:

I really want the poison flask poo poo to be league starter viable.

Is spellslinger still a legitimate starter?

Probably up to someone much smarter and more willing to math it out but with the reservation changes .... mmmmaaaaybe?

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Devor posted:

Looking at some penance brand builds on poe.ninja for inspiration, and I see a bunch of CI Assassins that don't seem to have any Stun mitigation. Am I missing something, or are these just going to eat stuns on hit, then rely on Brine King pantheon? I assume they're following a cookie cutter build that eschewed doing anything about stuns to maximize DPS.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?time-machine=week-3&class=Assassin&skill=Penance-Brand&sort=energy-shield

For next league, I'm interested in the new ability that bases stun off a portion of your ES instead.

Anyone using 2x Nebulis, 2x CotB, Incandescent Heart (or Eternity Shroud) is absolutely running with an aurabot and you should not follow those for inspiration. Triple convert phys spells is the most efficient way to maximize the benefit you get out of an aurabot, and the current phys spell of choice is in fact Penance Brand.

This is probably closer to what you're looking for: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?time-machine=week-3&item=!Nebulis&skill=Penance-Brand&allskill=!Cold-to-Fire-Support&sort=energy-shield (filtering out Nebulis and Cold to Fire support, removing the filter on assassins only)

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

MMF Freeway posted:

yeah its recovers less ES and you can't get more max ES than you have EV (I don't see this ever mattering?)

It stops it from being totally free if you were like 90% ES/10% evasion. It shouldn't ever matter as any kind of real hybrid.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This could be a great league because expedition was good and like 80% of people missed it and are now going to get 2 good leagues at once

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Kitfox88 posted:

man the mtx to turn the raging skull thigny into bees is tempting

Man I just got done browsing the sale and breathed a sigh of relief because nothing called out to me. Must have missed that one.

How is SRS as a league starter anyway? If it's a good'un I may pull the trigger.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

euphronius posted:

This could be a great league because expedition was good and like 80% of people missed it and are now going to get 2 good leagues at once

Shame about the area level cap. It was nice to make it rain max ilvl bases

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

docbeard posted:

If you're anything like me, every six months or so you think "I should go clean up my Standard stash", get through about a third of the 57 remove-only tabs I have, and go "gently caress this forever".

Good thing thing the "Hide Remove-Only Tabs" option exists. I only go there if I need to shuffle tabs around for the upcoming league.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I love going to standard and looking at all the decisions I made in the past. Why did I keep all these items with terrible fractured affixes? What did I even see in this random rare?

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
I hope I can still get enough Tujen Tokens with the lowered expedition chances, he made SSF so much fun. Wish I could sacrifice Gwennen and Rog to get more chances to find Tujen.

Will be interesting to see how the krangling mechanic plays out in SSF, the fact that it corrupts everything means you need good rares to try it on in the first place but they can't be ones you need to be wearing.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'm interested in seeing how masteries change building in general. I imagine for example that people will favor visiting e.g. a fire wheel that only takes 3 points to get a notable over one that takes 4 points or the like. But I'm interested in seeing if the 'meta' becomes more about pathing to as many masteries as possible, ignoring second+ notables in wheels and extra smaller nodes that previously would have been taken because although they are the best passive options, the cost of allocating slightly less optimal passives is less than the return of another mastery somewhere else. I kind of doubt it honestly just because of the extra travel nodes you'd need - either that, or you'd be picking utility wheels and the like on the normal route that you'd previously skip, but that would be at the cost of damage or defenses.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Will need to see the updated tree to see if it's even possible, but I'm thinking ES/Life/reservation stacking Jedi... witch?

Just stacking as much reservation as I can without murdering myself

E: o drat, energy blade isn't an actual reservation skill

Svensken fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Oct 15, 2021

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Insurrectionist posted:

I'm interested in seeing how masteries change building in general. I imagine for example that people will favor visiting e.g. a fire wheel that only takes 3 points to get a notable over one that takes 4 points or the like. But I'm interested in seeing if the 'meta' becomes more about pathing to as many masteries as possible, ignoring second+ notables in wheels and extra smaller nodes that previously would have been taken because although they are the best passive options, the cost of allocating slightly less optimal passives is less than the return of another mastery somewhere else. I kind of doubt it honestly just because of the extra travel nodes you'd need - either that, or you'd be picking utility wheels and the like on the normal route that you'd previously skip, but that would be at the cost of damage or defenses.

The mastery choices we have seen appear to be more utility picks, not as much straight damage increases. There's a couple good damage options in the fire ones, but also a bunch of situational stuff that not every build would want. I think you'll see a lot of picking and choosing of node clusters to snipe out the single best mastery choices for each type for your build. With the rest of the tree being pretty normal, picking up the mastery options when they are useful.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Summon raging bees is a great mtx, yes.

Wow that announcement video and those patchnotes. Nice to see they're still willing to make huge changes. Not totally sold on the dodge removal though, since as far as I can tell evasion will still be deterministic - ie if you have 75% against a certain level of enemy, out of 4 attacks 1 will hit you. Maybe the changes to armor/es will make hybrid builds viable though.

Looking forward to trying to make a melee witch work with energy blade.

urzaserra256
Nov 29, 2009
And some masteries like the resistance and ailment one, you will probably want to change what you picked depending on what you are fighting/gear you have. An example on that is early on get the corrupted blood immunity with the goal long term getting it from a decent jewel. Then after that picking another option.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

sushibandit posted:

Not totally sold on the dodge removal though, since as far as I can tell evasion will still be deterministic - ie if you have 75% against a certain level of enemy, out of 4 attacks 1 will hit you.

It also means that you won't be hit by two attacks in a row which is extremely strong

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

euphronius posted:

yeah stupid nerfs aside, the actual league was pretty drat good. Logbooks in particular were probably the biggest league content hit they've had in a while

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

sushibandit posted:

Summon raging bees is a great mtx, yes.

Wow that announcement video and those patchnotes. Nice to see they're still willing to make huge changes. Not totally sold on the dodge removal though, since as far as I can tell evasion will still be deterministic - ie if you have 75% against a certain level of enemy, out of 4 attacks 1 will hit you. Maybe the changes to armor/es will make hybrid builds viable though.

Looking forward to trying to make a melee witch work with energy blade.

It also means that the first 3 attacks and the next 3 attacks will always miss, which is 1) extremely strong and 2) gives you a ton of room to leech/potion/recover yourself back to full hp.

evasion entropy is extremely, extremely strong relative to pure rng

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea, like every league it just took a week or two to get the issues sorted out and then the mechanic was great.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

euphronius posted:

I really liked the expedition mechanics so I'm def going to max that poo poo out on my atlas.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Oct 15, 2021

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
One week to go, can't wait!

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I’m almost entirely set on trickster archmage ignite again. Think it’s the first time I’m doing the same starter twice but it’s really good. Should be even better now with buffs to evasion and DoT making trickster into a beast.

When I have money I’m going to do energy blades battlemage archmage hierophant with mana to ES for insane tank

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1449128147983613954

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There has to be some totem interaction there

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
whoa maybe I'll finally be able to do a summon spiders build

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Wonder if that would work with AG + Chains of Command

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Tiny Bug Child posted:

whoa maybe I'll finally be able to do a summon spiders build

This was my exact thought process too.

Also definitely hyped for new wormblaster!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
There has to be some funky minion synergy there, like with Null's Inclination or Arakaali's Fang, but it takes a while for my memory banks to remember every single interaction as more stuff gets shoveled into the game.

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

I wonder if that would trigger if you you linked cast on melee kill with the same skill another player is using and getting kills with

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
That also works well with Absolution. The sentinels use Absolution, so it should count as you casting it, right?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
looks like sustain gloves for party play potentially, too. Also lets you put explodey mod on a non dps build, or on a minion build, and still get explodes.

Also I suspect that might synergize with the destruction link, which i suspect might be some kind of 'killed mobs explode' ability

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Y'all are missing the most obvious interaction:

Aurabots can now get Frenzy Charges from Blood Rage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Wonder if that would work with AG + Chains of Command

I'm thinking more if this is the time Animated Weapon with Jorrhast's Blacksteel may work. Keyword being 'may'