Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

They could do some fun stuff with that if they add 86. Or like, if they ever include Fafner in a voiced game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I downloaded the demo and they improved the Supporter system. You pick 6 that you can use and besides having their own Spirit commands they each have a passive. The first two are +5 MxP for each enemy shot down and the battleship recovers 500 HP each round. Nothing major, but a fun little addition that I don’t remember seeing in the prerelease stuff.

Also there is a huge list of things to spend MxP on so it feels a lot more engaging than the similar system in VXT where there were just a few levels with one selection each.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Oct 15, 2021

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Endorph posted:

They could do some fun stuff with that if they add 86. Or like, if they ever include Fafner in a voiced game.

Fafner was in UX

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Willo567 posted:

Fafner was in UX

I forgot ux was voiced tbh.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Endorph posted:

I forgot ux tbh.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ux rules honestly, highly recommend it if you havent played it

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Endorph posted:

ux rules honestly, highly recommend it if you havent played it

The handeheld games are largely excellent and it's a shame we'll never get any by that team again.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I played J and all the DS ones a shitton but I couldn't acquire a reasonable method to play the 3DS ones till recently. I probably should go play em at some point but I've been completely spoiled by having multiple mainline ones in English by this point :smith:

Still hope we get a W fan translation at some point, it was my first non OG SRW way back when. Never happening dream is all of the Alpha games getting translated so I can bang through the entire series over the course of a year.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I feel like 86 is a lock for the future since they have a Bandai model line.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

ImpAtom posted:

I will hold out hope that the secret inclusion for DLC2 is Zone of the Enders.
I really hate this DLC approach a lot but I have to admit this one would probably move me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wdarkk posted:

I feel like 86 is a lock for the future since they have a Bandai model line.
Not only that but it'd pair pretty naturally with IBO. I could easily see IBO, 86, and Hathaway's Flash (movie) being the centerpieces of a SRW game. Big recent stuff that provide a lot of material to work with.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Throw some VOTOMS in there and you got a party started

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Also Gasaraki

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Hmmm.

So we got SRX for Alpha 1, Cybuster for Alpha Gaiden, and KoRyuOh for Alpha 2. Therefore my guess is that we're getting the Dis-Astranagant in the next DLC.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

CaptainRat posted:

It has only really sunk in over the last couple of days that in twelve days or so I will just open up Steam and hit play and then play Super Robot Wars 30.

Hell yeah, can't wait.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

Hmmm.

So we got SRX for Alpha 1, Cybuster for Alpha Gaiden, and KoRyuOh for Alpha 2. Therefore my guess is that we're getting the Dis-Astranagant in the next DLC.

:supaburn:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So question for people who would know this better than me; I'm playing the demo and in games where the Shrike Team is playable, how inevitable is their fate?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Senerio posted:

So question for people who would know this better than me; I'm playing the demo and in games where the Shrike Team is playable, how inevitable is their fate?
I don't think they've ever actually depicted their deaths in the series. They're all playable in Alpha 1 and they're fine. Junko is the only one playable in D, but the others are still fine. I imagine they'll go the D rotue.

EDIT: Wait, actually, I think they do die in Alpha 1? It's been a while.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Senerio posted:

It is extremely rare for permanent characters to die unavoidably. The only real exception in recent memory is Kittan who was specifically requested to never survive

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Oct 15, 2021

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I figured but at the same time it's the Shrike team.

Mostly asking because Junko from the demo is already the second best unit in my squad behind Tamaki

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Endorph posted:

I don't think they've ever actually depicted their deaths in the series. They're all playable in Alpha 1 and they're fine. Junko is the only one playable in D, but the others are still fine. I imagine they'll go the D rotue.

EDIT: Wait, actually, I think they do die in Alpha 1? It's been a while.

They don't die in Alpha 1 but they and all the V Gundam units and characters outside of Uso leave permanently midway through the game. Kate can die in Shin as a secret, but I don't know why you'd let that happen as it gets you nothing.

I do think how they have it in 30 is pretty ideal, having the two main members as playable and the less important ones show up as part of the Gunblaster's finisher.

EDIT: Alpha 1 was weird as the entire V Gundam cast joins on a route split, and then at the end of the route Bright takes over the Reinforce Jr. and all the V Gundam characters leave permanently.

Kchama fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Oct 15, 2021

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Kchama posted:

They don't die in Alpha 1 but they and all the V Gundam units and characters outside of Uso leave permanently midway through the game. Kate can die in Shin as a secret, but I don't know why you'd let that happen as it gets you nothing.

I do think how they have it in 30 is pretty ideal, having the two main members as playable and the less important ones show up as part of the Gunblaster's finisher.

Ever since Z2 when they generally moved the support folks into being part of attacks I've found that the best way to use em, short of a squad up system like Z1 or A3, yeah.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Kchama posted:

EDIT: Alpha 1 was weird as the entire V Gundam cast joins on a route split, and then at the end of the route Bright takes over the Reinforce Jr. and all the V Gundam characters leave permanently.

How long until SRW gets the Battalion system of Three Houses, where you can assign the backup members like the extra shrikes to any MS to give them another attack?

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Unstoppable

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I want to say that some of the ones in the game are even dead by the point in Victory where the game starts.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
The last game I can remember that had people actually disappear forever off the top of my head was J, where the Archangel just kept losing subpilots over the course of the game due to them dying or defecting.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

MonsieurChoc posted:

Hmmm.

yeah they'll probably save the dairaioh for OG3 huh :(

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Hunter Noventa posted:

How long until SRW gets the Battalion system of Three Houses, where you can assign the backup members like the extra shrikes to any MS to give them another attack?

Back around the year 2003.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

mu permadies in J too right?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Supremezero posted:

The last game I can remember that had people actually disappear forever off the top of my head was J, where the Archangel just kept losing subpilots over the course of the game due to them dying or defecting.
Half of Todoh's squad die inbetween Z2.1 and Z2.2, but they were only call-in attacks in Z2.1. And the glasses guy also dies in Geass R2 but is totally fine in Z2.2.

In terms of actual playable units vanishing with no secret to save them, a couple of the tacticians in UX and BX do, but that only halfcounts. And Tieria loses the Raphael permanently in V, but he just becomes a subpilot for Setsuna.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Booky posted:

mu permadies in J too right?
Yeah, no secret to save him either.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Finished the Space Route, this is my experience with Team Rabbit

100% biased but Rose 3 soloed basically every single alien invasion.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Doesn't Alpha Gaiden's first mission have the option to leave Musashi to die?

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Senerio posted:

Sadly, the others simply cannot live up to Tamaki's standards of excellence

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I suppose I should watch SSSS Gridman soonish.

I will try but I will probably end up doing something else while Yume no Hero plays on loop

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

Doesn't Alpha Gaiden's first mission have the option to leave Musashi to die?

That's the canon/skill point choice and he shows up a few missions later and joins permanently.

Senerio posted:

Tamaki is very good.

Also it's kinda weird but I noticed Az has a line in combat about "That's something my brother says.", which makes me tilt my head and wonder if whoever you don't pick as protag shows up later. It's been that way for the past three games, so it wouldn't be a total surprise but it makes me wonder as neither Edge nor Az's bios mention they have a sibling.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Are we not counting Kittan as someone who you can't keep or did I really miss some secrets repeatedly?

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Caphi posted:

Are we not counting Kittan as someone who you can't keep or did I really miss some secrets repeatedly?

He got mentioned. And apparently SRW got asked to never let that character live, so that's why.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Oh, it was "Kieran" when I saw it and I assumed that was a completely different character from something I'd never heard of. :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah, I forgot Kamina and Kittan. Both of whom will never have a secret to save them per Imaishi's request, from what I understand.