Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Thank you crowd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I took Carter Hart in that little SAS fantasy draft thing we do every year thinking there might be some upside there and uh

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Ginette Reno posted:

I took Carter Hart in that little SAS fantasy draft thing we do every year thinking there might be some upside there and uh

:shobon:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Ginette Reno posted:

I was told that there is absolutely no way Carter Hart could be historically bad again!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

triple sulk posted:

Can they send him to the AHL

No joke, they might have to

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I was told that there is absolutely no way Carter Hart could be historically bad again!

Don't worry I took *checks notes* Frederik Andersen as my other goalie!

Gonna have two sub 900 goalies by the end of the year. Good thing it's no an actual fantasy draft where we're stat counting

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Forgive me. I was wrong.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Somewhat serious observation: both the 2nd and 4th Canucks goal occur because Hart is not square to his net and goes beyond/doesn't seal the posts at all on either of his goal. Theoretically that should be fixable with coaching, drills, and absurd amounts practice. But, it was extremely noticable in his play last year as well.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Somewhat serious observation: both the 2nd and 4th Canucks goal occur because Hart is not square to his net and goes beyond/doesn't seal the posts at all on either of his goal. Theoretically that should be fixable with coaching, drills, and absurd amounts practice. But, it was extremely noticable in his play last year as well.

I feel like that would have been fixed by now but I definitely can't say whether this is the kind of thing that, historically speaking, some very great goaltenders have had as a problem and fixed early in their careers

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

He looks like a guy who's absolutely questioning everything about his play right now. It's like he's got the right idea but doubts himself and tries to over correct. He needs a six month sabbatical.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

ThinkTank posted:

He looks like a guy who's absolutely questioning everything about his play right now. It's like he's got the right idea but doubts himself and tries to over correct. He needs a six month sabbatical.

First goal: Went down in to his butterfly too early, left the top of the net open. Also a great shot from Podkolzin

Second goal: Kicked the puck in to his own net.

Third goal: Lost the puck in the crease (and Philly's D did him no favours).

Fourth goal: Almost kicked the puck in to his own net so I guess that's an improvement.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Flyers going to give him PTSD and he'll be forever broken :(

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Hart is back. Okay AV is trying to get fired it's the only explanation.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I admire you all for trying to remain rational in the face of it but there is only one explanation and it is the same as it has always been

the Flyers goalie curse

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
lol Hawks

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Man I have not seen a goalie as shakey as Hart since playoff-brained early Fleury

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
The Mccabe-Murphy pairing for Chicago is so bad, and Jones being paid $9.5 will always be funny

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I am going to walk out into the ocean

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Dach :siren:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Gonna go ahead and switch back to boxing for tonight

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Flyers are absolutely going to be boo'ed off the ice in their home and season opener. It's going to be very difficult to top that, but I believe in them.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

DJExile posted:

I am going to walk out into the ocean

Stop by on your travels friend

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Kubalik :siren: Seth Jones keep in was clutch.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Hey Philly, I'm pretty sure you're only supposed to turtle when you have the lead.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
holy loving poo poo jack hughes

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
holy poo poo that Hughes goal was nice

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmfao jj stole zoo's line

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Chaos chaos chaos wooooooooo

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Win and die :toot:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmfao

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

HHAHAHAHA I LOVE THSE loving IDIOTS

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
Vancouver Canucks hockey is back baby

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

I can’t take this emotional abuse

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Annnnnd my phone starts going off so I'm back lol

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

normal brain: play carter hart in net and give up soft goals at even strength

big brain: play with an empty net and win games

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

NEVER A DOUBT

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Whoever decided to let the Flyers and Canucks play each other in a home opener is a huge troll

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Goddamnit you useless fucks

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Canucks just playing keep away lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

we deserve a shootout