Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I mean I guess it is good at the end of the day that they didn’t kill this mentally ill guy, whether it was out of cowardice or discretion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

psychofishhead posted:

I hope you really enjoyed the Facebook Boomer tier riffing of a bunch of pilots getting attacked by a guy with a sword. I hope you’re cool with the fact that you share the same comedic sensibilities as a 45 year old diabetic woman from Des Moines who really can’t get enough of those dang minions. Idiot.

Wizard Ma... What, again?!

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

psychofishhead posted:

Or… and this is a crazy thought… how about we call in security who does have the means and the training to take down an armed assailant rather than a mob of unarmed pilots.

Oh wait, that is what happened and it turns out there weren’t any casualties? Sounds like they did the right thing to me.

no we wanted them to be injured or dead

psychofishhead
Oct 30, 2010

papa horny michael posted:

no we wanted them to be injured or dead

Do you want a clearly mentally disturbed man to be killed too? Because that’s probably what would have happened if he managed to kill or seriously injure a pilot trying to play hero.

On the other hand, maybe death by MP would have been a mercy for this guy. The criminal justice system is very unkind to the insane and I’m sure he’s going to wish he was dead if he ends up in an asylum because of this.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

psychofishhead posted:

On the other hand, maybe death by MP would have been a mercy for this guy. The criminal justice system is very unkind to the insane and I’m sure he’s going to wish he was dead if he ends up in an asylum because of this.

I don't think they put crazy people in asylums any more. They just put them in prison. :smith:

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives

prefect posted:

I don't think they put crazy people in asylums any more. They just put them in prison. :smith:

That or they just leave them to the environment to die of exposure disappear over the winter.

Also everybody, not just the Chapos but twitter in general, did talk up the 160th SOAR dudes getting chased by a crazy guy story. 160th are just a bunch of mechanics/aircrew, a few pilots and I think some drone operators for the spec ops people. Aren't even airborne in terms of jumping out of planes like Felix said.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

psychofishhead posted:

SWORDS WILL loving CUT YOU APART

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The premise that this is anything other than an inside job by some JSOC murder psycho on LSD is laughable. How would a mentally unstable ninja even know where an isolated military aircraft hangar out in the desert even is?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
this is the funniest meltdown yet

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lmao at listening to Chapo and being a troop defender.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

crepeface posted:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

The name of the serviceman attacked was redacted but I'm pretty sure he goes by psychofishhead online.

psychofishhead
Oct 30, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Lmao at listening to Chapo and being a troop defender.

If you think I said what I said because you think I’m one of these people that unconditionally defends the military because of hoorah patriotism, you’ve haven’t been reading very carefully. I mainly find issue with people with nothing to do with a particular incident and who have likely never had to deal with an armed attacker passing on judgement onto the victims when those same victims did what you ought to do in that situation. Never had any issues with the show previously and will continue to listen because I generally find their analysis pretty spot on but I find this hard to laugh along with. Not like I have to agree with everything the show does to get enjoyment out of it.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013
you're posting so much right now

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

psychofishhead posted:

If you think I said what I said because you think I’m one of these people that unconditionally defends the military because of hoorah patriotism, you’ve haven’t been reading very carefully. I mainly find issue with people with nothing to do with a particular incident and who have likely never had to deal with an armed attacker passing on judgement onto the victims when those same victims did what you ought to do in that situation. Never had any issues with the show previously and will continue to listen because I generally find their analysis pretty spot on but I find this hard to laugh along with. Not like I have to agree with everything the show does to get enjoyment out of it.

Of all the things to find issue with and get indignant about, a lone man in a ninja costume attacking soldiers with a katana was the breaking point?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

crepeface posted:

psychofishhead
Oct 30, 2010

Alright I’m not going to engage with people who choose to intentionally misread what I write. No point in that. I’ve made my argument and have nothing else to add and if you disagree then whatever.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

psychofishhead posted:

Alright I’m not going to engage with people who choose to intentionally misread what I write. No point in that. I’ve made my argument and have nothing else to add and if you disagree then whatever.

No we understand you perfectly, we just think you're being scolding and overdramatic over what is, frankly, a baffling place to draw the line

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
oh you think it's funny when wile e coyote lights a fuse on some smoothbore field artillery but instead of blasting a cannonball at the road runner, the explosion causes the cannon to rocket backwards leaving the ball hovering in midair for seconds before falling to the ground and crushing wile's feet???

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Its an extremely weird hill to die on, but the top of a hill is a defensible position against ninjas.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
What's really offensive about the whole segment is that Felix had multiple golden opportunities to make Sekiro jokes and dropped them all

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Heath posted:

What's really offensive about the whole segment is that Felix had multiple golden opportunities to make Sekiro jokes and dropped them all

he said blade deflect

tho he didn't mention that you could redirect tasers with lightning reverse, obviously he's not a true shinobi

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
goddamnit the thread moved so fast i thought something big happened and instead its just some dumb loser defending troops from the lightest of ribbing

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

psychofishhead posted:

You know, the whole “you’re a pussy” chest beating routine is a lot more charming when it’s directed at sedentary conservative op-Ed writers who think they’re leonidas because they grew up before smart phones and not unarmed helicopter pilots who 100% did the right thing in not trying to fight a guy with a sword bare handed.

those pilots are 100 percent in the same camp as some jingoistic doughy oorah chest beater and the fact that 26 of them hid in the hangar is hilarious precisely because of who they are and what they do, no one is wishing that they had merked the guy instead you dumb baby
how tf did you nod along with the "pussification" reading series but not think a mob of bootlickers hiding in a building from one nerd with hanzo steel is funny

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

if a ninja attacked me while I was having a smoke I would be so pissed

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
You can both believe that Are Troops did the right thing by not mercilessly gunning down a mentally ill cosplayer with the various side arms of 26 pilots / repairmen / special forces and also think it’s incredibly funny.

I think their bit went a little too long but writing pages and pages about how Mr. Chapo has gone too far in their disrespect of bladed assailants is ridiculous. Who gives a poo poo. Any time a real life ninja attacks anything it’s going to be funny.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

psychofishhead posted:

Do you want a clearly mentally disturbed man to be killed too? Because that’s probably what would have happened if he managed to kill or seriously injure a pilot trying to play hero.

You seem like you suck and are dumb.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
We should let the ninja go free to assault other branches of the armed forces. Put him on a kite and fly him up to assault bombers.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

psychofishhead posted:

You guys can post as many flippant replies as you want.
And thus the posters did, and lo they were hilarious.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I saw this and figured this thread would also like it

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives
I can guarantee you there were no actual Special Forces people there - they were too busy either cheating on or hitting their wives. The funny thing is that while I was in the Army I was at the same base as where these "spec-ops" pilots and mechanics are headquartered and every time I had to interact with any of them they would act like they were the most hardcore people around.

I can 100% guarantee that all of the people hunkered down in that hanger at one point or another told somebody they were a badass because they happened to turn screws on the helicopters that Navy Seals use as their private Drizly overseas in between crashing them into things.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

net work error posted:

I saw this and figured this thread would also like it

I support comfort dog

Edit: not the people he's comforting, but the dog is good

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Mr. Grinch posted:

goddamnit the thread moved so fast i thought something big happened and instead its just some dumb loser defending troops from the lightest of ribbing

honestly, a meltdown should be your first assumption, especially if the other thread is going normally.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

lol forever

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Aren't these guys entire job to commit war crimes? gently caress 'em.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

how dare we punch up at the troops by calling them cowards

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Oh hey, bonus episode released earlier this evening, where Amber interviews some teamster. Haven't listened yet, I save them for work.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
So with all the ninja chat, is Phoenix Jones funny or just a shithead?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Jones

Lol he wears a george michael bluth padded muscle suit

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
hypocritical clout chasing shithead volunteer cop has always been the characterization for me. but also funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Mr. Grinch posted:

how dare we punch up at the troops by calling them cowards
Don't punch them you monster, they will run to hide in the barrack and call the cops on you.