Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Yeah, just got a couple. Actually using the drat thing ain't happening rn

But it's not like I have anything better to do because lol 8 explorers to progress.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Oct 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

dis astranagant posted:

Yeah, just got a couple. Actually using the drat thing ain't happening rn

But it's not like I have anything better to do because lol 8 explorers to progress.

Ughhhh

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

That actually looks more doable than the loving explorers rn.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Pretty sure something is up with Resource Grid's chances of getting rarer materials. I have about a 13% chance to get a sapphire stone right now and I just watched my shiny stone tick over 50something times before I got one.

Assuming true randomness, a 13% probability doesn't mean that if you do an action 100 times you will end up with 13 of the thing. It means that each time you perform that action, there is a 13% chance that you will get single thing, and a 87% chance you will get nothing.

As you approach performing the action infinite times, the trend will resolve to 13 in 100. But we don't have infinite actions.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

mdxi posted:

Assuming true randomness, a 13% probability doesn't mean that if you do an action 100 times you will end up with 13 of the thing. It means that each time you perform that action, there is a 13% chance that you will get single thing, and a 87% chance you will get nothing.

As you approach performing the action infinite times, the trend will resolve to 13 in 100. But we don't have infinite actions.
Yes, and 0.87 raised to the 50th power is 0.000946 so we hit our nine-hundredths-of-a-percenter to whiff on there, assuming just fifty... or else it's bugged. At some point, Occam's Razor kicks in (even if maybe not yet on this one.)

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
Re: resource grid

Has anyone figured out how to edit saves/access the game's internals through console?

I lost my save, and clock-scummed my way back to my previous status, but I didn't anticipate the secondary safeguard against scumming that had been programmed in, so my game's a little broken now (your respec timer is tied to your save's timestamp)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Anyone played your chronicle?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Captain Foo posted:

I wandered off after a couple runs but it's not bad.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Captain Foo posted:

some discussion a couple pages back

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Captain Foo posted:

This is my current 'idle game behind all my other windows' that I check in on periodically. up to the fourth area, just barely.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

mmm thanks. i've been playing it a bit and it has one of the things i often dislike about idle games, resource caps. if i can't idle without feeling like i'm wasting time then meh. we'll see how it is, though.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

Captain Foo posted:

mmm thanks. i've been playing it a bit and it has one of the things i often dislike about idle games, resource caps. if i can't idle without feeling like i'm wasting time then meh. we'll see how it is, though.

That eventually get resolves after prestiging by giving you an action queue, but until then its kind of rough in that regards.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lilli posted:

That eventually get resolves after prestiging by giving you an action queue, but until then its kind of rough in that regards.

yeah i gave up already

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug
Speaking of Your Chronicle, is there anything I'm missing about getting better at battles? Like, do I need to be micromanaging skills/etc? Right now I can't get more than 2/5 of the way through the sewer with a party of Sludge Slime, Me, Black Insect, Rat, Ghoul.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Falcon2001 posted:

Speaking of Your Chronicle, is there anything I'm missing about getting better at battles? Like, do I need to be micromanaging skills/etc? Right now I can't get more than 2/5 of the way through the sewer with a party of Sludge Slime, Me, Black Insect, Rat, Ghoul.

Skills and attack order matter a lot. Lizardman should still be doing huge damage at that point, so bring them. What class are you? If you went warrior you're going to want as many humanoid monsters as you can at the back of your line to do damage with your powerful skills and you want to grind out stamina gain/stamina cap so you can actually use them reliably. Tamer gets generic skills most monsters can use so they might be easier on the first lap. Magic is kind of important for later bosses but will actively gently caress you over with the sewer boss.

You should be rebirthing every hour and at least eating some pork and apples each rebirth to get your stats up.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Oct 11, 2021

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most

Falcon2001 posted:

putting your strongest guy (or often you) in the last slot so your scrubs can get hit in the face while doing their fastest attack to skip their turn is often the way to progress until you can get a new strongest guy. Also make sure to level yourself up after you clear a zone. And eat food.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

dis astranagant posted:

Skills and attack order matter a lot. Lizardman should still be doing huge damage at that point, so bring them. What class are you? If you went warrior you're going to want as many humanoid monsters as you can at the back of your line to do damage with your powerful skills and you want to grind out stamina gain/stamina cap so you can actually use them reliably. Tamer gets generic skills most monsters can use so they might be easier on the first lap. Magic is kind of important for later bosses but will actively gently caress you over with the sewer boss.

You should be rebirthing every hour and at least eating some pork and apples each rebirth to get your stats up.

...Where do I eat pork/apples? I can eat bread but haven't gotten those actions. I'm also sorcerer, which actively seems like a bad move lol.

I'll focus on my stamina cap/etc for a while, I've kind of been ignoring the combat so I'm behind, I think.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Falcon2001 posted:

...Where do I eat pork/apples? I can eat bread but haven't gotten those actions. I'm also sorcerer, which actively seems like a bad move lol.

I'll focus on my stamina cap/etc for a while, I've kind of been ignoring the combat so I'm behind, I think.

Pork drops off the orc boss, which you should be able to oneshot by now. It raises attack. Apples drop off the forest boss ent thing and raise defense or hp it's been a while. Magic is harder to raise early on, you might have to look into cooking for that. Trash mobs in the forest drop mushrooms which raise magic but they're rarer than boss drops.

Since you're mage you're gonna need to get your caps and regen up for the 5 different kinds of mana so you can actually use the spells you're learning.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Oct 11, 2021

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Falcon2001 posted:

If you haven't maxed out the action that makes you eat bread, do that immediately.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

Arzaac posted:

If you haven't maxed out the action that makes you eat bread, do that immediately.

Oh goddamnit.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Falcon2001 posted:

Oh goddamnit.

If something has a cap you generally want to max it out asap.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Resource Grid: Does Overworld reset every run?

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Arzaac posted:

Incremental Games R3: Max Out the Action that Makes You Eat Bread Immediately

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Toshimo posted:

Resource Grid: Does Overworld reset every run?

Nothing that costs shards resets.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
Finally managed to get 37 clusters for the divine factory, 37th cluster was miserable, required 8.5UD replicanti. Highly recommend making an upgrade II potion for replicanti boost II if you plan on doing a run for it, but I cant imagine doing clusters 40 to 42, going to be nightmarish.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Lilli posted:

Finally managed to get 37 clusters for the divine factory, 37th cluster was miserable, required 8.5UD replicanti. Highly recommend making an upgrade II potion for replicanti boost II if you plan on doing a run for it, but I cant imagine doing clusters 40 to 42, going to be nightmarish.
I'm most of the way through my second prestige so I don't know what an "Upgrade II potion" is but thinking about this being my future got me to close the game

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Lilli posted:

it probably would be, but I don't think there are (currently) any features locked behind those clusters; the unlocks end at the city currently

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

crime weed posted:

it probably would be, but I don't think there are (currently) any features locked behind those clusters; the unlocks end at the city currently

Thank you for letting me know, I have now closed the game.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

How do you unlock the item daycare in NGU? I'm currently farming the high security base and preparing for GRB

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Beasteh posted:

How do you unlock the item daycare in NGU? I'm currently farming the high security base and preparing for GRB

Just keep pushing your adventure stuff, it's much more useful. But the Daycare (and the Kitty) will open when you purchase a daycare slot.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
elethor folk: every week there is a thing called charitable giving where you toss mats into the void to get fame, which we can spend on guild perks. the reward is given to every participant, but based on the average score. it's 6 donations so if you're gonna do it, do all of it, but most of us are in a good position to help folks do enough to earn us an s (1400 points).

the more folks that participate, the more rewards so please if you're playing and haven't been doing this feel free to ask for help doing hard donations and stuff so we can all become stronger and punch more stuff

namaste

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I am still hoping to get an invite to one of the goon Corps in Elethor. Game has been pretty slow going solo.

If there is no room in the goon corps is it good to join a pubby corp? Is there a wait time if I want to leave a pub corp to join a goon one?

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I'll check the roster and see if anyone's been inactive. It's not very easy to tell. Joining a pubbie corp in the short term is a good idea since you keep your fame levels and will bring them over when we have a slot open, and except for spending gold on the global boost sink, corp events are the only way to get fame right now.

e: We've got one or two slots that can be freed up, although you can't participate in the event since it's already started. PM me in-game (Xerol) when you're online so I can invite you.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Notice me 4G sempai

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Goodchild posted:

When a game limits my actions I find it usefully curbs my otherwise obsessive compulsions, or atleast that's what I tell myself. Either way, I'm interested in new idles and I'm just starting Elethor as 'Goodchild' if the corp is still giving invites.

According to the game you've been inactive 8 days. Can we free up your slot for an active goon?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

do you get achievement points in different universes or something...not sure if me supposedly achieveing pandemonium on anti-matter is supposed to be reflected on achievements. it would be nice if it had icons for each universe added to it if that's the case

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

if you go to the wiki link in the bottom right and go to achievements->list it'll show you what you've done and in what universe

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010

Roflex posted:

According to the game you've been inactive 8 days. Can we free up your slot for an active goon?

For sure, I transferred over anything of worth to the CORP before I dropped.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Cool.

We haven't set anything up yet but we were thinking about setting up a dummy corp where people can wait for a slot to open up (although everyone in the corp right now is completely active) and people who quit can park accounts in there to at least give people some buffs while they wait. Of course none of us can actually set it up since we're in the active corp, so if anyone's waiting to get in (or has quit and doesn't mind coming back to help set up/join the dummy corp) please let me know. We do need one active player in there to handle invites and permissions, which is unfortunate.

In other news, going forward we're going to use a standard of 7 days inactive + 1 day notice for kicking inactives out, but it would be appreciated that if anyone's quitting to let us know and either leave the corp or join the dummy corp (once it exists).

e: Also if you're in the waiting room corp, we can still send stuff to you, best way to stay in touch about that is to get in the NGU discord.

Xerol fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Oct 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
Need new good game to play. drat. Maybe I am over these kinds of games. Haven't found anything I like since I quit NGU. Arcanum theory of magic was the best one I tried but that sadly died. Anyone have any recommendations?