Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan: This Naomi storyline makes no sense. She wants a match, Sonya won't give her one, she wants to fight Sonya, Sonya says she's retired, then suddenly they're having a match!?!
Dave: It doesn't matter. WWE doesn't do storylines, it's pointless to worry about it, it's irrelevant.
Bryan: So anyway The Lucha Bros are facing two masked wrestlers who are close friends of Andra-
Dave: They're not close friends!
Bryan: ....who are they?
Dave: I don't know.
Bryan: ...well... well then how do you know they're not close friends?
Dave: Well I don't, but I don't think they're close friends, maybe he knows them a little but they're not close friends!
Bryan: Well maybe that's the storyline...
Dave: I don't think that storyline makes sense!

Hey, remember how the retirement angles that Hogan and Nash did in WCW ended? Like one week, they're abruptly booked for a match, and they're like "ok" and they're unretired all of a sudden.

It's just another parallel between WWE and latter-day WCW.

Honestly, it's more a shock that they haven't done the equivalent of the "butts in seats," Finger Poke of Doom episode against AEW yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Plenty of new the lore of Dave's ex-girlfriends on WOR as well.

"I didn't tell my girlfriend that I shaved my mustache because Missy Hyatt told me to."

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh my god I was wondering if this was banana smasher

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Jerusalem posted:

Plenty of new the lore of Dave's ex-girlfriends on WOR as well.

"I didn't tell my girlfriend that I shaved my mustache because Missy Hyatt told me to."

I miss WOR so much. The YT clips just don't cut it sometime

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

algebra testes posted:

Oh my god I was wondering if this was banana smasher

They were fighting at the time...

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

I miss WOR so much. The YT clips just don't cut it sometime

Black Friday's coming up soonish.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Arbite posted:

Black Friday's coming up soonish.

Good point. I might jump on that this time.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

“I’d rather make $119000 and be happy than make $319000 and be unhappy, you just have to live a little bit more humble”

Apparently Fred Rosser still makes enough to have no idea what a normal person’s annual salary might be

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
i kind of tuned out when he started talking about how much he likes Gary "Every Day I Wake Up And Imagine My Entire Family Being Shot In The Face And You Should Too" Vee

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I refuse to believe Vinny used the word "cromulent" without knowing where it came from.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

History Comes Inside! posted:

“I’d rather make $119000 and be happy than make $319000 and be unhappy, you just have to live a little bit more humble”

Apparently Fred Rosser still makes enough to have no idea what a normal person’s annual salary might be

Fred probably eats half that in travel and healthcare.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I absolutely love when Bryan carries over arguments with Dave to other shows.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
semp had the correct reaction to the roman stuff. compare with the freaks in the wwe thread

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Dango Bango posted:

so every F4W

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

DangerDummy! posted:

I refuse to believe Vinny used the word "cromulent" without knowing where it came from.

Vinny has referenced Blood Bowl before, his nerd credentials are impeccable.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dango Bango posted:

I miss the opposite thing that doesn't really happen much anymore where Bryan would force his opinion on Vinny and Craig and get all fired up and be absolutely adamant that it was the right way to think, then on the next WOR he'd mention the same idea to Dave who would just immediately go,"No that makes no sense" and move on :allears:

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I miss the opposite thing that doesn't really happen much anymore where Bryan would force his opinion on Vinny and Craig and get all fired up and be absolutely adamant that it was the right way to think, then on the next WOR he'd mention the same idea to Dave who would just immediately go,"No that makes no sense" and move on :allears:

The most likely time for this to happen now is the post-PPV shows since Bryan records B&V before WOR.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2021/10/15/statement-from-joe-lanza/
Didn't know if it got posted elsewhere but with the Top Dolla stuff some old tweets from Lanza got posted

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

achilles you always come in here with the weirdest drama nobody else has ever even noticed before lol

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Alaois posted:

achilles you always come in here with the weirdest drama nobody else has ever even noticed before lol
Yeah I just follow the Wrestlesplania discord which has a channel that gets this stuff posted on a lot lol

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

achillesforever6 posted:

https://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2021/10/15/statement-from-joe-lanza/
Didn't know if it got posted elsewhere but with the Top Dolla stuff some old tweets from Lanza got posted

Given the context and content of both those tweets they seem fine and accurate? Thats some fake rage against Lanza if those are the tweets.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
The amount of fake rage in the wrestling podcast twitter and Reddit world is insane

What a depressing sentence for me to write. Even more depressing that Im aware of it enough to write it. It's like a wake up call of some kind

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

people on Twitter pretended to be offended at stuff for likes, that’s it really

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I couldn't quite make out Dave's ramblings from WOR today and I think he distracted himself, but did he say he expected the Buy-In to have several hundred thousand people watching?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

mooseinfants posted:

I couldn't quite make out Dave's ramblings from WOR today and I think he distracted himself, but did he say he expected the Buy-In to have several hundred thousand people watching?

Listening to the clip on youtube now, he did, but I don't think Dave has any real perception of what numbers on youtube are like so it's not surprising that he expected that.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Lid posted:

Given the context and content of both those tweets they seem fine and accurate? Thats some fake rage against Lanza if those are the tweets.

It’s not coincidental that this came out after VoW reported that WWE was leaking Rampage’s fast nationals.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The two tweets he talks about are fine given context.

I’m not digging into his Twitter feed but a lot of the tweets he doesn’t talk about from this are not particularly fine. (The Ferguson stuff specifically, I don’t care about a guy not liking Obama).

https://twitter.com/KateOnDeckIC/status/1449432044921053189?s=20

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
We as a community must draw the line at speaking positively about Bill Maher

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I mean that tweet about the Washington Football Team (have they really still not picked a new name yet, btw?) is... I get what they're going for, but maybe don't use the actual slur.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Bryan doing trojan work first thing this morning wrangling Dave into actually explaining the aim behind the early leaks of the ratings. He displays great patience in rope a doping the San Jose Steamroller.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0RiB3dKuBg

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

HidaO-Win posted:

Bryan doing trojan work first thing this morning wrangling Dave into actually explaining the aim behind the early leaks of the ratings. He displays great patience in rope a doping the San Jose Steamroller.

Also that part where Bryan said that there was a stipulation, and Dave said, no it's the terms of the match, and Bryan said so it's a match without a stipulation, and Dave said no it could still as a part of the terms of the match include a stipulation, was perfect.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Also Dave convinced the goal is to lead to Sammy vs Scorpio, even though Lambert straight up said the tag team wanted a tag title match against the Lucha Bros.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

I mean that tweet about the Washington Football Team (have they really still not picked a new name yet, btw?) is... I get what they're going for, but maybe don't use the actual slur.

He specifically apologized for that and said that was a terribly dumb thing to do.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

HidaO-Win posted:

In listening to the yt link below, How long have they worked together and how has Bryan not lose his poo poo against Dave?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bryan knows how his bread is buttered

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

njsykora posted:

Also Dave convinced the goal is to lead to Sammy vs Scorpio, even though Lambert straight up said the tag team wanted a tag title match against the Lucha Bros.

I don't think he said the Lucha Bros during the promo. It sounded more like he slipped up trying to say the tag match the IC wanted.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

MassRafTer posted:

I don't think he said the Lucha Bros during the promo. It sounded more like he slipped up trying to say the tag match the IC wanted.

The crowd was so loud I'd be surprised if either group could hear what the other was saying. Also it seemed to get really rushed towards the end because I think it was going way over due to the crowd. Not a bad problem to have, but I didn't know what the hell they had agreed to at the end.

Q7kid
Jul 24, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

The crowd was so loud I'd be surprised if either group could hear what the other was saying. Also it seemed to get really rushed towards the end because I think it was going way over due to the crowd. Not a bad problem to have, but I didn't know what the hell they had agreed to at the end.

The broad strokes I got are that ATT will force Sammy to agree to their terms on some match, possibly for the TNT Title, as a means of earning the ten-man tag the Inner Circle wants. It certainly didn't convey 100% clearly, but that seemed to be what Lambert was alluding to with talking about how the man with the title has the stroke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, Lambert wants one of his guys to get a shot at the TNT title and he'll trade the 10 man for it