Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

tokin opposition posted:

Good way to commit suicide with two pistol shots to the back of the head I suppose

Hold on, let me get in my locked and sealed duffel bag first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
executives can't possibly be culpable for crimes because executives don't actually do any work or know anything about the people working for them

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Is this an insurance thing in the USA? Like is it dependent on your policy to be able to be disabled on full pay?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Open a thin blue line flag shop but use ink that washes out in a rain or two and bleaches out after a month in the sun. Charge $40/flag and claim you give money to some non-existent police affiliated charity. Close the LLC after a month, open one with a slightly different name, claim improved product but ship out the same garbage. Repeat until the state stops letting you form LLCs.

no the BBB scam is i rate whether a business is sufficiently pro-cop and if they don't pay their $1000/month membership fee i say they are an antifa store

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Shear Modulus posted:

no the BBB scam is i rate whether a business is sufficiently pro-cop and if they don't pay their $1000/month membership fee i say they are an antifa store

Nice, another Fraternal Order of Police scam. I didn't realized it was known as a BBB scam.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

spacetoaster posted:

That's why you get a "head injury".

Years ago when I was at a different job there was a guy who got in trouble and part of his "punishment" was to have to go help unload a truck of boxes by hand. He immediately hit himself in the head with one (small scratch on the forehead too) and made them call an ambulance for him.

He turned that bump into 100% disability and will never have to work again.

And I found out that with a head injury they can't prove/disprove poo poo.

this guy fucks

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Nice, another Fraternal Order of Police scam. I didn't realized it was known as a BBB scam.

i dunno about FOP but Better Business Bureau is a racket that does this for small businesses in general

Weka posted:

Is this an insurance thing in the USA? Like is it dependent on your policy to be able to be disabled on full pay?

if you're injured on the job your employer is supposed to pay for your medical care to recover from the injury and any lost wages ("workers compensation"). most businesses buy insurance for it. employers also will try and sue in court by claiming the worker is faking the injury, intentionally injured themself, etc to get out of paying or making their rates go up

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Maybe it used to be different but I think it’s pretty tough to fake an injury for disability payouts these days. Insurance companies are going to do their damndest to deny your claim even when it’s completely legitimate and all the “just faking it for fraud” poo poo that everyone believes is rampant means they can usually justify being super assholey about it

Bunch of NBA dudes just got indicted for health insurance fraud lmao

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I saw that they racked up like $3 million in claims or something

and then I was like "is that three million actual dollars worth of claims or is that like seven MRIs at the pre-insurance rates"

and then I did not ever bother to find out

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Maybe it used to be different but I think it’s pretty tough to fake an injury for disability payouts these days. Insurance companies are going to do their damndest to deny your claim even when it’s completely legitimate and all the “just faking it for fraud” poo poo that everyone believes is rampant means they can usually justify being super assholey about it

Yeah they will straight up hire private investigators to spy on you 24/7 to get evidence that you're not really disabled or whatever. And evidence of "faking it" can be stuff like "went outside and looked happy"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Shame Boy posted:

Yeah they will straight up hire private investigators to spy on you 24/7 to get evidence that you're not really disabled or whatever. And evidence of "faking it" can be stuff like "went outside and looked happy"

Trying to convince the jury that that was just the painkillers

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Shame Boy posted:

Being goony enough to never leave your posting station could be a real advantage.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Being goony enough to never leave your posting station could be a real advantage.
Wrong! My disability lawyer wanted me to delete all my social media; I compromised by changing my primary pseudonym (this isn't it.) People have definitely lost disability for looking too happy on their social media.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Shame Boy posted:

My brother is in labor law and he heard from a colleague that if you sue your employer for giving you covid, they'll scrounge your social media

Any recent photo of you in public in the state of Florida is grounds for immediate dismissal. If you go there, the lawyer can argue you don't give a poo poo about getting covid

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Business Gorillas posted:

My brother is in labor law and he heard from a colleague that if you sue your employer for giving you covid, they'll scrounge your social media

Any recent photo of you in public in the state of Florida is grounds for immediate dismissal. If you go there, the lawyer can argue you don't give a poo poo about getting covid

I'm so proud of my home state for being the worst at everything :911:

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

Definitely. As a Floridian, we're all asking for a number of horrible things to happen to us just by continuing to exist here

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
America needs a vaginoplasty imo

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

America needs a vaginoplasty imo

This would put what makes up Florida inside of Georgia as I understand the procedure.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

“Labor attorney” is bullshit, I’ve had to deal with them and let me tell you, they aren’t labor attorneys, they’re management attorneys

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

The Nastier Nate posted:

“Labor attorney” is bullshit, I’ve had to deal with them and let me tell you, they aren’t labor attorneys, they’re management attorneys

Lawyers work for money, bosses have the money. Judges work the same way lmao

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

wasn’t the whole push for “arbitration clauses” partly because it’s a great way to hire (bribe) off duty judges to run the things, which has absolutely no bearing on their actual court judgements

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Jel Shaker posted:

wasn’t the whole push for “arbitration clauses” partly because it’s a great way to hire (bribe) off duty judges to run the things, which has absolutely no bearing on their actual court judgements

Arbitration is cheaper then going to court and doesn’t have the (at least on paper) legal safe guards that the court system has.

If your involved in an arbitration against your employer and the arbiter is hired by your workplace, then lol

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
The funny thing about arbitration is that some corporations just think it's a cheat code for winning cases and forget to do all the corruption around it. I used to work for a company that banned arbitration agreements in contracts (even for vendors which made buying $15 SaaS tools impossible) because they'd ripped off a licensor in the past and he won in arbitration. They couldn't believe they lost even though we had way, way more money than the guy who sued us.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
https://twitter.com/Hyundai_Global/status/1447109658792112130

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

can i just skip to death

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

https://twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1448644301664100352?t=lT-3TwHV36o7YudyPy-vOA&s=19

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I don't remember that part of Splatoon but okay.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
https://twitter.com/3vanSutton/status/1449835270556184579?s=20

lmfao

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Why the gently caress were you SITTING DOWN you GODDAMN LAYABOUT

No wait please come back let's talk this over

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Monthly Vancouver real estate update

https://twitter.com/mortimer_1/status/1450340643184594946?t=Z97XXdRYi06Ob9fy-lgeFA&s=19

Been sitting like that since 2008.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

I like those, but that's some peak STDH.txt

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I have a lovely job and a bad boss and realizing I can just walk if I don't get a potential promotion* has been very freeing. One way or another I'm not doing night shifts by the end of the month.

* And I'll only be staying for that long enough to get the same job at a better place

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Never quit your job without giving at least two weeks notice

Because once you realise how good it feels you'll want to do it all the time

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

i will never give notice

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
seriously, 1 week notice max unless youve been there for years and years and you love them. Telling an employer that you plan to quit in two weeks is basically loading a gun and handing it to your enemy

vv finnish gently caress faces dont @ me

Jokerpilled Drudge has issued a correction as of 13:06 on Oct 19, 2021

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If I don't give one month notice (if I'd worked here less than 5 years, it would be 14 days), the employer doesn't have to pay me for unused vacation days.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

If I don't give one month notice (if I'd worked here less than 5 years, it would be 14 days), the employer doesn't have to pay me for unused vacation days.

Yeah it's similar in Spain. You have to give two weeks or you lose part of the settlement you get when leaving (which includes unpaid vacation or working days).

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Take all your vacation days, then quit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

Take all your vacation days, then quit

Get this: I'm accruing vacation days even while I'm vacationing.