Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

What do you mean turn on? I thought they’re on be default.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I turned them off because I wanted to learn the noises.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I think l4d did the same thing if you turned on closed captions, right? I always turn on captions because I'm a weirdo who can't parse things without them on and I'm pretty sure "hunter growling" and such popped up

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Did they address the part where they will spawn 2 of those little fucks that bind you for like 10 seconds, and they bind the whole team resulting in a wipe?
Cause that's real fun to deal with.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I just found this out last night so I figured I'd mention it here but you can pay copper to get more charges out of the medical cabinets. I was always under the assumption you could get 4 charges and that was it so I felt like an idiot when I saw the prompt to get more for copper.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

CuddleCryptid posted:

I think l4d did the same thing if you turned on closed captions, right? I always turn on captions because I'm a weirdo who can't parse things without them on and I'm pretty sure "hunter growling" and such popped up

Both l4ds do it, yeah. Always did, people are just dumb and reaching on that point, which is stupid cause theres already so much legit stupid poo poo with game (attachments, no host migration 2021, etc.)

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

explosivo posted:

Oh I see, I actually might be completely off base on that because I just checked and it does look like it lets me pick whatever level from the levels I completed to start a new game? I really thought there were hard checkpoints but maybe not?

I figured it out. The amount of start points you unlock goes down with the difficulty. I’ve been playing veteran.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Rolo posted:

I figured it out. The amount of start points you unlock goes down with the difficulty. I’ve been playing veteran.

That makes sense, i've been playing recruit! Thanks for the heads up.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
im sure a million people have already said this but this bar level absolutely sold me

https://i.imgur.com/Bg9GSus.gifv

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Got that special team of the guy who sprints to the objective, the guy who looks in every corner expecting to find the BFG, and the melee build guy who keeps getting nailed by range specials as he runs into birds. Challenge mode engaged.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Is there a compelling reason to use in game voice over discord? E.g. like heavy rain in l4d?

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

moist turtleneck posted:

im sure a million people have already said this but this bar level absolutely sold me
It's a good level.

And apparently the song the jukebox plays changes from playthrough to playthrough.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Mr. Crow posted:

Is there a compelling reason to use in game voice over discord? E.g. like heavy rain in l4d?

On Xbox at least, being in party chat doesn't stop you from being heard in game chat, since they record all player audio.
I would assume discord doesn't bypass that either

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
What weird rear end design decision was WE WILL RECORD ALL AUDIO anyways.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

On Xbox at least, being in party chat doesn't stop you from being heard in game chat, since they record all player audio.
I would assume discord doesn't bypass that either

The Australians are fine at least, no company can use an average aussie sentence in marketing, which is what i assume this is for.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Had a weird bug in one of the act 2 finale with airlifting the crates. The helicopter was hovering above the water so I couldn't escape on it. It was fine for other players though. I had to get myself killed to finish.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

How's the goon population for this game? Trying to decide if I should grab it on Steam (or just get XGP even though I don't own a console) but my regular group doesn't seem too interested. If there's a decent group of goons I'd jump in.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

ZeusCannon posted:

What weird rear end design decision was WE WILL RECORD ALL AUDIO anyways.

It was causing echo in our Xbox app voice chat, fixed it by muting microphone input in the game

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
while most of the special infected are kinda meh, hockers stand out as just outright bad. my group has had a couple games where we got hit by multiple of them at the same time and ended up with 2-3 people immediately immobilized. also had a game where where one caused a wipe on the ferry because a survivor got immobilized right next to a marine, but the marine just stood there while he ticked down and died. feel like they either need a cooldown similar to all other immobilizing enemies in l4d/l4d2

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Can confirm that the special spawns are still entirely broken. Tried to do the bridge crossing finale for the first act and we couldn't even get to the bridge because there wasn't a single second when teammates weren't pinned by a special., usually two teammates simultaneously. We ended up having to backtrack to the tool kit room because we burned all of our ammo killing specials and then we got jumped by three immobilizing specials simultaneously. This was on the easiest difficulty.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Had a funny moment today where I looked slightly to my left and then whipped back around to see an empty corner fill with three zombies and a Retch. Didn't come through a spawn hole or anything--they materialized. I guess the game forgot to spawn them out of sight because it thought I had turned around.

On a different note, I've done Act 4-3 on Recruit a few times now (I haven't gotten into the other acts yet--been mostly playing quickplay) and only finished it twice. Both time I did was actually with bots after players dropped. For some reason every time I run through it with human beings, things go to absolute poo poo. The bots will completely shut down and stop doing anything if I get immobilized, but somehow in that one stage they don't gently caress up nearly as much.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Oct 16, 2021

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

joined a match with friends in progress and when I took over for the bot I just did not have any weapons for 15 seconds and could only run away and get hit until my weapons + ability to punch popped into existence

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/WKk2jP5.mp4

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

A bunch of little things make this game really unpleasant for me and my group to play. Sleepers trigger hordes if you trip them, and they're comically easy to trip because they're placed very deviously. Hordes spawn boatloads of specials from all sides. Also I strongly suspect the game drops specials directly behind players because more than once I do a scan and it's clear, turn around, and 2 seconds later two specials will surprise attack us from behind. It's down to luck if my group can finish 1-2 on Veteran. Not fun, especially when Recruit is a yawnfest comparatively.

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

The bots are really really bad in this. They're next to useless.

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

I've been having fun popping into games with quickplay. I don't know if it's an incentive to backfill or glitch or what but if I get put into a game that's just about to start a level, I'm given 25 cards to spend. So my games have basically been shotgun Jesus arrives with a fully built deck on the second level to deliver judgement upon the masses.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Hockers (and to an extent all of the special ridden), need to have a hard active cap.
There is no reason my team should be fighting 2 of them, along with the big arm triplets every 5-10 minutes

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

After dicking around on easy last night to get some cards we went back to veteran. Well at last me and one other goon. Got insanely lucky and got 2 cool pubbies who actually talked and team played and seemed to have played the game about as much as us, so that was nice. Was the first time I ever played with pubbies. From the sound of it that experience is rare.

Maybe we just suck but that train yard fight is crazy hard imo. After getting wiped like 5 times we got it through and it felt drat good. I'm starting to appreciate the difficulty more, because when your team is really working well together it feels mostly doable and it's very satisfying. Felt like it actually took a decent amount of strategy to get through that part.

They really need to rejigger some of that special infected spawning though. God it can be ridiculous. One time we had a run with fog, and a loving Ogre spawned in that little sewer area with 2 tall boys and 2 exploders along with a bajillion zombies. Like, how the gently caress would anyone even beat that? lol. The game is so inconsistent. Whether or not it's manageable of off the rails insanely hard seems to boil down to a coin flip.

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
I forgot this game already came out. What's the jist of it, is it worth 60€?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Boz0r posted:

get it on microsoft game pass for PC for $1

$60, no imo. its too high an asking price for this game and doesnt feel like it'll have any longevity once the novelty of a new L4D game wears off

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
also either matchmaking is broken or the game is hilariously dead. we started a Veteran game with a friend + 2 pubbies who dropped out right away and we went with bots all the way to the one right after defend-the-camp after delivering specimens, like lvl7 out of 10 or something and then finally one pubby joined. a solid 2 hours of just having bots.

and the pubby we did get was straight up worse than a bot but fortunately they dropped out before they could sink our run

bots are terrible but they do a lot of hacks to actually make them pretty good*. they get massive damage resistance, they dont take damage from biles, they get offensive/healing items on cooldown for free and can use healing stations without taking away charges, and you get more money because it's not distributed to pubbies who greedily jizz it all on bad mods -- so we could max out team upgrades a lot easier. plus they adjust objectives so like you only need to carry 2 things or plant 2 bombs. so yeah 2p + 2 bots on vet is absolutely viable and was actually easy overall. far easier than pub runs thus far.

they do love to get stuck, not hunker down, and stand infront of you while your shooting a minigun, randomly fall off a small balcony during the grain-silo, they love to throw a pipe bomb at one zombie. but they do make actually really tanky distractions and heal you up on some cooldown without using actual items.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
offensive item builds are also hilariously good. if you want to just break the game over it's knees, grab money grubber, copper scavenger, +1 team offensve slot, +2 offense slots, +1 offense slots, +100% explosive damage + DR, +75% explosive damage, +50% explosive damage, loadup on frags constantly. it takes like 4 grenades to pop a boss on vet, 1-2 frags to kill a hag. and a "delete pack of tallboys" on command button.

also the 100% explosive damage gives it an electrical effect for no apparent reason? i dont know if anyone else noticed that

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

Boz0r posted:

I don't think I'd pay full price unless you had 2-3 friends you'd be playing it through with. On gamepass it's definitely a good pick up. I'm enjoying it but with 1 friend + 2 bots it's a bit meh. With 2-3 friends it's pretty fun. It would be very frustrating to be playing solo or only with random groups.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Fists Up posted:

It would be very frustrating to be playing solo or only with random groups.
This is me as I have no friends. Game is still very fun, check it out on gamepass!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Alright I gave the game a chance with some friends and a lot of weed. It was adequate amounts of fun for a Gamepass game. Running with the Magnum and Ranch Rifle was useful, because they're both powerful and seemed to one shot all the non-specials.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Hi all, the Co-op Goons discord now has dedicated channels and lfg roles for Back 4 Blood!

We'd love to have you join us! Be ready to go through some id authentication when you first join the server- this will mean linking your forum profile and temporarily adding a word to it to show it's yours.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Current irritation: If I have the contrast up around 50 or so, some parts of this game are unintelligibly dark. I wish the flashlight was a toggle, and not something I had to wait for the computer to turn on for me. Characters in the game shouting "need a light in here" for an entire map and not once does the game turn on the flashlight. I finally had to set the contrast to 0 and brightness to 100 so I could loving see consistently.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Anyone know how this game runs on a 3gig 1060?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

dr.acula posted:

Anyone know how this game runs on a 3gig 1060?

I ran the beta just fine on a 1060 6gig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mA
Jul 10, 2001
I am the ugly lover.
For Steam/PC players: Does this game not have auto-HDR switching? On my system it looks like I need to enable it in windows before opening up the app.