Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Chaos Argate, CJacobs, and liquidypoo are just wrapping up RE7 and are now futzing around with bonus stuff: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3975301&pagenumber=1&perpage=40&userid=0#post516664648

Argate's good at the game, I enjoy their sense of humour, and they are simultaneously informative while fun to watch. highly recommended.

not sure if Argate will get around to 8 eventually... but CJacobs has done a few solo streams of RE8 on hardcore mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Ashrik posted:

Does anyone know of a VLP of the most recent Resident Evil games? Chip & Ironicus are, I think, my favorite LP'ers and that style of gaming mastery + jokes is exactly what I'm primarily looking for.

Have you watched CarcinogenSDA's videos on youtube? He's a speedrunner but he also does fully commentated no damage runs of practically every RE game out there. He even got Hideki Kamiya to join one his LPs.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
oh these sound right up my alley, thank you both.

namad
Nov 7, 2013

Commander Keene posted:

1999 is considered "the early Windows era" :corsair:

So, in 1995 windows games came out. Thing is. Those windows games actually run on dosbox.

I played this as a child https://www.mobygames.com/game/in-the-1st-degree so I wanted to play it as an adult (don't do it, it sucks).
So I just straight up installed windows 3.1 (or was it 3.11) on dosbox. That actually worked and it wasn't that hard.
So, yeah, in terms of gaming specifically windows 3.1 and 3.11 era are actually part of the dos era in terms of getting old games to run.

I don't mean to start an argument with this post, but for anyone out there looking to relive the glory days of the actual early windows era, I recommend trying to use dosbox to just flat out install windows 3.11.

1999-2000 really is the sweet spot for having trouble getting old games to run (at least from my own abandonware experiments before GoG was so popular.)

edit: Yeah, I agree 10$ for a game from 1999, and a game with a reputation for being poor (or at least worse than the 4 or so top tier star trek adventure games)? Seems like a bit of a missed opportunity to price something so weak so highly.

namad fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Sep 24, 2021

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Super great friend did a good set of LPs for it.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
We're getting into Spooky Month, so I'm looking for recommendations on LPs to watch to get into the spirit.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!

namad posted:

So, in 1995 windows games came out. Thing is. Those windows games actually run on dosbox.

I played this as a child https://www.mobygames.com/game/in-the-1st-degree so I wanted to play it as an adult (don't do it, it sucks).
So I just straight up installed windows 3.1 (or was it 3.11) on dosbox. That actually worked and it wasn't that hard.
So, yeah, in terms of gaming specifically windows 3.1 and 3.11 era are actually part of the dos era in terms of getting old games to run.

I don't mean to start an argument with this post, but for anyone out there looking to relive the glory days of the actual early windows era, I recommend trying to use dosbox to just flat out install windows 3.11.

1999-2000 really is the sweet spot for having trouble getting old games to run (at least from my own abandonware experiments before GoG was so popular.)

edit: Yeah, I agree 10$ for a game from 1999, and a game with a reputation for being poor (or at least worse than the 4 or so top tier star trek adventure games)? Seems like a bit of a missed opportunity to price something so weak so highly.

I've used PCem to LP several mid to late 90's games that have required earlier versions of Windows to work properly. I currently have Windows 98 installed but I have installed 3.1 in the past to test a few games.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Sep 25, 2021

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?

Jamesman posted:

We're getting into Spooky Month, so I'm looking for recommendations on LPs to watch to get into the spirit.

https://lparchive.org/Outlast/ This is the best horror LP I've ever watched, personally

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!

Galick posted:

https://lparchive.org/Outlast/ This is the best horror LP I've ever watched, personally

DumbRodent is pretty chill throughout the whole thing, even with the jump scares.

Edit: It's also a really well done LP.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
His Dead Space LP is also very good. I'm sad he seems to have faded from the LP scene after that - there's a few later videos on his channel but nothing substantial.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Can someone point me to a Ninja Gaiden 1 - 3 lets plays? Preferably the Playstation ports

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Here are LPs for Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2. Don't know about 3, sorry.

https://lparchive.org/Ninja-Gaiden-Black-Sigma/

https://lparchive.org/Ninja-Gaiden-II-Sigma-2/

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Carpator Diei posted:

Probably not a very original request, but I'd be happy to see an LP of Deltarune, any format; with Chapter 2 released it's a decently long game already from what I've heard, and the next chapter probably won't be out for a few years, so an LP of the demo should be feasible at this point.
If no one is interested in doing one, could someone recommend a good off-site LP of Deltarune ch.2? :)

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Grouchio posted:

I wish to request the Crimson Flower route of Fire Emblem: Three Houses since Rea abandoned ship.

Request fulfilled, in admittedly a very different form!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3981033

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I'd like to request Psychonauts 2.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I'll make a hopeful request for Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader. It has a pretty interesting world set-up: A Shadowrun-esque magical awakening occurred during the Crusades, and it's now the late 16th Century. You can align your character with one of the factions, who have different attitudes on the 'tainted' races as well as what type of magic should be allowed. A number of historical European personages are around to interact with (e.g. Leonardo da Vinci is a wizard who rescues you at the start). It even takes the SPECIAL system from Fallout for character creation, which promises variety in what character you can play.

The warning is that since it came out in the early 2000s, it mostly just wants to be Diablo in gameplay. There's a lot of clicky combat and from what I hear the plot thins out a lot toward the end of the game. But if that sounds like it'd be okay for you, I'd like to see it.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Kangra posted:

I'll make a hopeful request for Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader. It has a pretty interesting world set-up: A Shadowrun-esque magical awakening occurred during the Crusades, and it's now the late 16th Century.

Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader unfortunately fades very quickly after the start and really doesn't hold up to a playthrough, based off my early 2000s memory.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

ulmont posted:

Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader unfortunately fades very quickly after the start and really doesn't hold up to a playthrough, based off my early 2000s memory.
Oh definitely, the final areas are mostly Diablo-style gameplay with an RPG system not really suited to that sort of gameplay. But it has some very interesting and unique story ideas all the way through, and I think it would be perfect for a screenshot LP that cuts out all the tedious fighting, So I'm seconding that request.
I also feel compelled to mention that the soundtrack is phenomenal.

Carpator Diei fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Oct 10, 2021

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
I'd like to request a LP of Final Fantasy 15. Video or screenshot is fine. And I'd prefer if whoever did it at least tried to engage with the game on a basic level and not just make endless jokes over the cutscenes while drowning out what's actually happening on screen.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

For Final Fantasy LPs I usually watch HCBailly and he finished an LP of 15 not too long ago. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm sure he still does his old jokes, and he has very old jokes, though I believe he doesn't talk over cutscenes too much.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeZSRkjynvkvW2rGN7Vlc_C_9JoNrvHo7

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

He's definitely been bad for it in the past. He had a really bad habit of hyping up a cutscene, then blabbering all over it to the point where he drowned it out. Not seen any of his newer stuff, but it was really distracting.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!

DoubleNegative posted:

I'd like to request a LP of Final Fantasy 15. Video or screenshot is fine. And I'd prefer if whoever did it at least tried to engage with the game on a basic level and not just make endless jokes over the cutscenes while drowning out what's actually happening on screen.

Beard Bros has one that I enjoyed (here), but from what I recall they did do quite a bit of talking/joking during cutscenes.

I think it would be fun game to LP in a group. Unfortunately, I don't have the experience (or, more importantly, the time) to handle running/editing it, though.

Edit: Speaking of FF LPs, does anyone know of any humourous ones of FFX? VLP, I mean. I am well aware of TheDarkId's SSLP. The only one I know of was done by Super Best Friends, but it's a game I would love watch again if the people were having a laugh with/at it.

Psycho Knight fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Oct 14, 2021

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Psycho Knight posted:

Edit: Speaking of FF LPs, does anyone know of any humourous ones of FFX? VLP, I mean. I am well aware of TheDarkId's SSLP. The only one I know of was done by Super Best Friends, but it's a game I would love watch again if the people were having a laugh with/at it.
The Tipping Forties run?

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

That'll hit the spot. Thanks!

Audio quality seems a little spotty, but it is a 10-year old recording. Regardless, a comedic group run is exactly what I'm looking for.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

IIRC, didn't one of them say that one hadn't aged well?

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

Solitair posted:

IIRC, didn't one of them say that one hadn't aged well?

For what it's worth, I'm a difficult person to offend. I doubt there will be anything in there that would turn me away from it.

Assuming you are talking about the humour, anyway.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Yeah the T40s are good people, just 2010 era humour in general aged real bad

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

If someone SSLPs FFXV, I don't have to buy it again and try to respect it myself.... So yeah, ditto if someone's interested in that.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Ok, so hear me out. This is a very dumb idea, but it just won’t leave me alone until I put it out there into the universe. I would like to see an SSLP of Franchise Hockey 7…but played out like a college football story.

What I mean is that the LP would follow one college’s path to the National Championship (or several), but instead of football, it’s hockey. If you need further details (lore, worldbuilding, the like), please do not hesitate to PM me. I have spent WAY too much time trying to think this through.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

DoubleNegative posted:

I've seen a bit about FF15, on the whole mostly falling into the purely jokey or mocking side of things, and it's made me rather interested in seeing a more engaged and analytical approach of it. While I'm not super experienced with the series, I can't deny that the idea of doing an LP of it myself is rather interesting although I'm unsure that I'm the right person for the job.

While in theory I could still attempt it, I imagine I'll probably regret trying to do it while I'm already doing an SSLP for a different game. At that point, all my free time will just be Let's Plays.

This all just a long way of saying that I'd also be interested in seeing an SSLP of FF15 if anyone's been thinking about it.

HereticMIND posted:

Ok, so hear me out. This is a very dumb idea, but it just won’t leave me alone until I put it out there into the universe. I would like to see an SSLP of Franchise Hockey 7…but played out like a college football story.

I get ideas like these from time to time. I'm not a big hockey person, but I'd be into seeing this just from the concept alone.

Left 4 Bread fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Oct 15, 2021

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I'd like to see an SSLP of The Dream Machine. It's a point and click adventure game, all the characters and locations were built by hand out of clay and cardboard. It's quite suited for the Halloween period as it's creepy and gets quite surreal as it deals with voyeurism and dreams.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Big Scary Owl posted:

I'd love seeing someone LP Hitman Codename 47 cause this game is uhh, it's definitely something :shepicide:

There's one in the master list but all videos are private

I'd like to see this as well. And the rest of the games, actually

I remember there was a great LP of the 2016 game, but there was never any followup for the sequels.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

I'm a bit surprised that we don't have an LP of the MicroProse 1988 classic Red Storm Rising.

nightelf_37
Oct 13, 2021

by Hand Knit
Can someone SSLP Pokemon Girls Hunter?

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/PokemonGirlsHunter

I'm considering doing one myself if no one would.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

nightelf_37 fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Oct 28, 2021

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

quote:

Pokemon Girls Hunter is a ROM Hack of Pokémon FireRed. Its main gimmick is that the player is able to capture human girls in modified Poke Balls, effectively making them slaves. Naturally, this means the player can undress them and/or tie them up. It’s that kind of game

Maybe on a different forum, buddy.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

Maybe on a different forum, buddy.

Hope you're ready to cocommentate on my thread!

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

nightelf_37 posted:

...Come on, guy... Really...

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

nightelf_37 posted:

:ohno:

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
that owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

nightelf_37 posted:

:golgo: