Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Aaaaaaand NZ has pretty much officially admitted defeat:

ALL ABOARD THE PLAGUE ISLANDS

Seriously, we were down to 9 cases/day at one point. I can't believe how close we got or how it took only a week to give up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Speaking of NZ, we are doing an all day 'vaxathon' event today. If you'd like to watch some ultra-cringe cameos by NZ names, tune in for the next 8 hours:
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/126690237/super-saturday-live-vaxathon-kicks-off-as-almost-50000-doses-administered

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Best Friends posted:

I genuinely didn't know "this guy sucks and everyone hates him, but he's good at pullups" also gets positive career results on the officer side too

Absofuckinglutely.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
But can he roll a b52

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

But can he roll a b52

buddy

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Milo and POTUS posted:

But can he roll a b52

No he's in the Army.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Milo and POTUS posted:

But can he roll a Stryker?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1449051153367539719?t=XF2n_GTMI-wA8nn_qNUt_Q&s=19

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Milo and POTUS posted:

But can he roll a b52

You sweet fair child...

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

https://twitter.com/Aldanimarki/status/1447865123327168520?s=20

Unsourced Twitter content so who knows, but it appears to be US sof in Yemen doing "we own this city" style patrols. Our sof has been there for the entirety of the conflict (and before) doing kill team stuff, but this seems new, and an increased footprint. If true.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Terrifying Effigies posted:

You sweet fair child...

:golfclap:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Best Friends posted:

https://twitter.com/Aldanimarki/status/1447865123327168520?s=20

Unsourced Twitter content so who knows, but it appears to be US sof in Yemen doing "we own this city" style patrols. Our sof has been there for the entirety of the conflict (and before) doing kill team stuff, but this seems new, and an increased footprint. If true.

Emirati SOF has a lot of the same toys and aesthetics that US SOF does and it would make a lot more sense for them to be doing overt presence patrols in that city than it would for the US.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Emirati SOF has a lot of the same toys and aesthetics that US SOF does and it would make a lot more sense for them to be doing overt presence patrols in that city than it would for the US.

Ah, yeah, that would make sense

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
That guy in the second tweet, second picture looks like he jas a patch on his chest that I dont think is an American Flag

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Yeah, I'm pretty sure JSOC would want to be concentrating on AQAP in the ungoverned areas, rather than jump into the Houthi/Saudi coalition war.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Looks like Hollywood realized that Striketober is indeed a real and credible threat by IATSE.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1449531403532648452

Edit: Might not survive the union vote though!

https://twitter.com/travishelwig/status/1449536324059291652

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Oct 17, 2021

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
As someone who is both pro-labor and who doesn't watch television too much, I'm all for the IATSE digging in for the long haul.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/10/16/finally-understand-kyrsten-sinema-360-easy-steps/

Someone wrote a guide on how to understand a certain senator from Arizona. It is very illuminating.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/nocontextafgwar/status/1449580355934171136?t=E05pSVw7OW8q5qwvGp5J4Q&s=19

Accurate

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I can't believe Clinton is only 75.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

orange juche posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/10/16/finally-understand-kyrsten-sinema-360-easy-steps/

Someone wrote a guide on how to understand a certain senator from Arizona. It is very illuminating.

This woman microdosed halfway through "The Watchmen" without realizing this article was due by midnight.

My dumb guy understanding into the Senator's thought process is:
1. John McCain = good
2. John McCain votes against own party
3. I vote against own party
4. I = good
5. Brunch

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Enjoy this dispatch from a distillery strike.

https://twitter.com/alexnpress/status/1449877175285465089

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Lol why would you flip them off. Management or just a bootlicker

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Milo and POTUS posted:

Lol why would you flip them off. Management or just a bootlicker

Guarantee the latter.
Solidarity is for suckers, I can get ahead better on my own.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

The driver and gesture in question

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The driver and gesture in question

sounds more like something his execs would do

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Sacrist65 posted:

This woman microdosed halfway through "The Watchmen" without realizing this article was due by midnight.

1. John McCain = good
4. I = good
5. Brunch

Nah. She had a $32k/yr job 9 years ago. Now she gets $100k over the weekend. It’s easy to see where she is. She was bought off.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Sacrist65 posted:

1. John McCain = good
4. I = good
5. Brunch

She really did try to follow the thought process though, gotta give her credit for trying to understand the unintelligible.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Sacrist65 posted:

orange juche posted:

She really did try to follow the thought process though, gotta give her credit for trying to understand the unintelligible.

Alexandra Petri is basically WaPo's in-house humor/satire writer and she's a national treasure. I highly recommend her stuff, just making sure y'all know she's not like a normal WaPo writer - she made a hyperlink to call her side of WaPo the Compost.

Her stuff just sounds like someone microdosing because that's our shared reality now.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

Alexandra Petri is basically WaPo's in-house humor/satire writer and she's a national treasure. I highly recommend her stuff, just making sure y'all know she's not like a normal WaPo writer - she made a hyperlink to call her side of WaPo the Compost.

Her stuff just sounds like someone microdosing because that's our shared reality now.

I read the article and was like "holy poo poo a good WaPo article" so yeah I figured she wasn't like a usual writer.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

facialimpediment posted:

Enjoy this dispatch from a distillery strike.

:discourse:

So if what I've read here, a J&J booster shot is basically the same as the booster shots from the other vaccines, it's just that J&J pushed theirs as a one-dose rather than a two-dose and now it's a two-dose.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Zamujasa posted:

So if what I've read here, a J&J booster shot is basically the same as the booster shots from the other vaccines, it's just that J&J pushed theirs as a one-dose rather than a two-dose and now it's a two-dose.

Not quite on the first part. Current data is showing that someone that got a single dose of J&J produce more antibodies if they get a dose of mRNA instead of a second J&J. But the mix/match idea is still getting looked at, as it's just lab data at this point.

J&J is definitely going to be a two-dose going forward, with two months between doses. It just remains an open question about what the initial J&J single-dose folks should do in the near term, but at worst they should get a second J&J.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

They should just go ahead and get an mRNA dose.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Colin Powell died of covid complications.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Colin Powell died of covid complications.

Report I saw mentioned he was fully vaccinated.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

davecrazy posted:

Report I saw mentioned he was fully vaccinated.

Same. I guess he truly was the 1%. Just not in the way he wanted.

Well that or he got the beta vaccine vs the Chad Modernia

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
He was also 84.

I mean, I doubt I'll see 60, so 84 is a pretty good number no matter what kills you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Colon