Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

one thing i'm really excited about in this game is that we're going to be able to make goon groups specifically for elden ring summons, i really wonder how that's going to change things up. miyazaki got us organizing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sum Gai posted:

I'm aware that 98 days from now the (lack of) marketing is just going to be a weird footnote, but still, basically going back to the information drought after the reveal trailer honestly feels pretty cruel.

It was but it ruled so hard when you realized what Geoff was introducing.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Surprised it hasn't been posted yet, there is actually a little bit new. Yesterday had a new official screenshot:

Those who have seen the actual gameplay footage have apparently confirmed that what is in the back there is an openable chest. Unknown what you get from it, but seems these caravan things like we saw in the trailer roam the open world and raiding them gets you... well whatever is in the chests. Neat

The Playstation Japan Play Play Play event with a Vtuber (lol) taking about Elden Ring also surprisingly did include some new tidbits as well. Included some new screenshots (quality is kinda poor so far, since we only have them from the livestream):

Also, a slightly new vantage point was shown from the bridge/Erdtree shot that showed off some of the day/night cycle:

https://twitter.com/EldenRingUpdate/status/1449357587506417666?s=20

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Coolest thing about this little bit of new info to me though is the speculation that the structure seen on top of the Walking Bell guy here:

Might actually be our Firelink Hub, and if so the implication being that it can move around the world a bit. Seems to match some of the architecture from what we've seen of the inside of the hub room so far:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Logan 5 posted:

Coolest thing about this little bit of new info to me though is the speculation that the structure seen on top of the Walking Bell guy here:

Might actually be our Firelink Hub, and if so the implication being that it can move around the world a bit. Seems to match some of the architecture from what we've seen of the inside of the hub room so far:

:eyepop:

goddamnit its only loving october

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
How does anyone sleep with a giant glowing tree outside their windows at all hours

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Gologle posted:

How does anyone sleep with a giant glowing tree outside their windows at all hours

Don't know about you, I'm doing the ending where I attack and dethrone god, so I can snuff out the Erdtree glow and plunge the lands between into darkness, and then my character can finally catch some zzz's.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Gologle posted:

https://youtu.be/wN7sL6q5Og4

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Gologle posted:

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Is that sheep in the background?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It certainly looks like some herd animals. That would actually be a cool twist for a Souls game, seeing a living world which isn't just in a state of baroque decay

Palmer_eldritch7
Mar 12, 2014
Guess I should link this here as well before it gets dmca'd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSHlSVci40o

It sure looks legit...

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Palmer_eldritch7 posted:

It sure looks legit...

idk if that's real, i didn't see a poison swamp

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

idk if that's real, i didn't see a poison swamp

lol it's a 30 second clip and there's a swamp full of dead trees visible on screen for a good part of it

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Palmer_eldritch7 posted:

It sure looks legit...

And it's gone. That was quick.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Seems legit, that looks like too much detail to fake even for a 30 second clip. Likely from an early build maybe?

If the sound is real too, ambient overworld (or just music outside of boss fights) in a From game isn't something I was expecting, although it isn't surprising really either.

Also I know it is an open world game, but honestly not sure I like the compass HUD thing with waypoints. I know it kind of a necessity of game design for huge open map worlds that you can easily get lost in, but I was hoping for some other kind of immersive element for finding your way around. I dunno, something like having it only viewable while your character opens up a map while you move around, kinda like Hollow Knight.

Hope you can turn off just that compass element from the HUD if you want, I'd like to really get lost. Then again, nothing else HUD wise is viewable there, so who knows.

edit: there it goes.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Missed the video but I hope any soundtrack this game has sounds eerie or off kilter. Getting sick of these games having fancy orchestral scores. Give me something weird

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

Same video on Twitter: https://twitter.com/JeffGrubb/status/1449446404070412289?t=hEduNbKMN6JF3bHtjP0yIw&s=19

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm so glad it really is dark souls and not just kinda but not

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Sekiro had ambient music tracks, so it's not surprising Elden Ring might have them too, especially since we're probably gonna be spending a lot of time just kinda hanging around and there's gonna be more downtime between bossfights.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

The lack of marketting is a good thing about From games imo, there is always loads of stuff left to find out on release

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
hmm xbox one gameplay of cyberpunk leaked first too.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

the music is making me think its a skyrim mod i mean i know it isnt but lmao what if

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Yeah before the youtube went private, confirmed this is from an Xbox test build from a couple of weeks ago:

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

the music is making me think its a skyrim mod i mean i know it isnt but lmao what if

If TES 6 isn’t based on Souls combat then what are they even doing

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
same quality youtube versions are already being uploaded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUlP4BEDVgs

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Wait that dude didn't just fall off the edge and die there, From Soft is really losing their touch if they seriously put invisible walls into the game.

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Gologle posted:

Wait that dude didn't just fall off the edge and die there, From Soft is really losing their touch if they seriously put invisible walls into the game.

I assume you're joking but sekiro has like a magneticness to the jumps if you're on a ledge and you kind of have to commit to yeeting yourself off

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
that jump animation looks incredibly silly. i love it and i hope it's real

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
I just can't wait to go wander in a spooky forest at night

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

lmao

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013

Xenolalia posted:

I assume you're joking but sekiro has like a magneticness to the jumps if you're on a ledge and you kind of have to commit to yeeting yourself off

Also, falling into the abyss doesn't instantly kill you. They're basically pandering to the filthy casuals entirely at this point.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Charliegrs posted:

I just can't wait to go wander in a spooky forest at night

There will be terrible things in the trees waiting to gobble you up.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I hope there are lots of interesting monsters around the open world. I'm sure there will be, but the idea of wandering the spooky forest and happening upon something very hosed up and very powerful is exciting.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

loving perfect :lol:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

lol

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

This should be the forums' first vertical thread title.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Did the other games have any options to turn off HUD elements? Hopefully we can turn off the Skyrim compass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

I didn’t see the context for this post, but even without context it owns