Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

HellOnEarth posted:

Excuse me, they're not action figures, they're dolls.

Those are rad!

I guess I should say that they are truly outrageous.

Truly, truly, truly outrageous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

The Locator posted:

I suppose it counts as a collection. I have some books.

I have probably twice this many books but my house isn't big enough to put up the shelves needed to put them all in, and I keep acquiring more.

I love books, and so does my wife. We have 11 full size bookcases in our apartment, and it isn't nearly enough. I figure we currently have around 3,000 books between both of us. So much to read, so little time!

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Shame Boy posted:

Went and took some Hot Rock Pix for y'all. I keep the spicy rocks in this lead-lined box I made myself. It's kinda overkill, none of the rocks are dangerous or anything unless you try to eat them, but it was fun to make.

Some Spicy Rocks:

Thorite, a mineral containing thorium.

Monazite, which also contains thorium as well as some rare earth metals.

Thorium ores tend to look a bit like poop for some reason.

Pitchblende, the primary ore of uranium. Just looks like a boring rock.

However, Other minerals containing uranium are actually very pretty:

Here's my most interesting non-spicy rock, it's a banded iron formation containing a stromatolite fossil. Basically, this rock was formed about two billion years ago when some bacteria decided that photosynthesis was cool and good. Up until this point, the atmosphere and oceans had no free oxygen in them, so all the iron on the earth was in metallic form. As oxygen started to accumulate, it would bind with the iron and fall to the bottom of the ocean as rust, making these banded iron formations. Eventually, the free iron ran out, and those plucky little photosynthetic bacteria managed to kill nearly all life on earth since nothing was capable of dealing with oxygen yet.

This particular rock also contains a fossil of a bacterial mat known as a stromatolite, which is the squiggly shapes. So not only is it evidence of one of the greatest mass killings in earth's history, it's also got a fossil of the creatures that were killed (or maybe the creatures that did the killing, who knows)

Those are neat.

Rocks rock!

:rock:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
They're minerals, Marie.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

Are you on an iPhone? I just tried and it didn’t want to work. :saddowns:

I might be wrong but I think the file size is too big if you have a newer iPhone. I had no problem before I ditched my old phone. If I crop a photo small it works though.

And I guess I have about 1,000 records and at least 1,000 CDs. I really haven’t counted. I have most of the ticket stubs to shows I’ve been to. Some autographs. I have a drum head signed by the guys from Rush that unfortunately is worth a lot more now than it was a few years ago.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Bottom Liner posted:

Our collection of board games, RPG books, and Kpop stuff

Not pictured: pretty good science related non-fiction shelves.

updated with better pics

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

HellOnEarth posted:

Erotic

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Gutter Phoenix posted:

And a ton of horrific Jar Jar Binks collectables because they are cheap, other people hate them, and they make me squeal with joy (internally) because I am a weirdo.

Pictures, please. I love seeing Jar Jar Binks memorabilia in all its ill-advised glory.

As for content for the thread, I used to have a nice sizeable collection of Alien merchandise. I had xenomorph action figures, the Konami range of ship and xenomorph models that was released in ~2008, posters for Alien and Aliens, alien queen models, and the somewhat questionable Alien Vs Predator range of plushies of the facehugger, chestburster and 'grid alien' xenomorph. A conbination of losing my job and house in 2010, having to sell off a lot of my possessions in 2011 in order to pay bills, and having a falling out with my immediate family when my mother threw away a lot of my remaining possessions means that I don't have anything left from the collection anymore and have no photos of said collection at all.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

What are these ones? Metropolis edition?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

HellOnEarth posted:

Aw man, jealous you got Synergy; I never managed to get her and lol trying to find one at a halfway doable price.

Are some of those from the two-packs they put out, or are they just different outfits Integrity sold later?

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Snowy posted:

What are these ones? Metropolis edition?

They’re various Integrity Toy’s Fashion Royalty girls. Once in a while they put out a sci-fi or witchy-looking girl and I only collect those weird ones.

LadyPictureShow posted:

Aw man, jealous you got Synergy; I never managed to get her and lol trying to find one at a halfway doable price.

Are some of those from the two-packs they put out, or are they just different outfits Integrity sold later?

Yeah, Shana, Roxy and Raya (lol at finding her original version at a reason price, I’m not paying more than my rent for a doll *) are the new versions. I got all the outfits from the new ones, but, aside from Roxy and Shana, I mostly prefer the old versions so I just stripped and resold the new ones.

Do you only collect the Jem line? I started only collecting Jem but that didn’t last long…

*I say, but the clear limb robot girl Anika Luxotica Dasha got close…

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
classical records. both because a) classical music is cool, even though listening on vinyl is generally not a great experience compared to CD or a high quality stream, and b) unlike popular music, nobody likes collecting classical records and it's actually really cheap still

this is only a single trip's haul but I got this for a total of like ten bucks.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

holy poo poo dude i want that Telekom Merckx

e) and that Cervelo Superprodigy, and that random Rossin frame in the background, what the hell

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

HellOnEarth posted:

They’re various Integrity Toy’s Fashion Royalty girls. Once in a while they put out a sci-fi or witchy-looking girl and I only collect those weird ones.

Yeah, Shana, Roxy and Raya (lol at finding her original version at a reason price, I’m not paying more than my rent for a doll *) are the new versions. I got all the outfits from the new ones, but, aside from Roxy and Shana, I mostly prefer the old versions so I just stripped and resold the new ones.

Do you only collect the Jem line? I started only collecting Jem but that didn’t last long…

*I say, but the clear limb robot girl Anika Luxotica Dasha got close…

I haven't really had 'doll money' the past couple of years, so my collection hasn't been growing and it's mostly window shopping (but I'm at a point I can start again!). The Jem line are the only ones I have from Integrity, and I really only stuck to the core group and stopped after Clash came out.
Not blowing money on Danse or Techrat :v:

The outfits on yours are cool, I like some of the later fashions better than the originals. Do you stick specifically to Integrity yourself?

cardinale
Jul 11, 2016

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

As for content for the thread, I used to have a nice sizeable collection of Alien merchandise. I had xenomorph action figures, the Konami range of ship and xenomorph models that was released in ~2008, posters for Alien and Aliens, alien queen models, and the somewhat questionable Alien Vs Predator range of plushies of the facehugger, chestburster and 'grid alien' xenomorph. A conbination of losing my job and house in 2010, having to sell off a lot of my possessions in 2011 in order to pay bills, and having a falling out with my immediate family when my mother threw away a lot of my remaining possessions means that I don't have anything left from the collection anymore and have no photos of said collection at all.
It sucks that you lost your collection, sorry that happened to you.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Pictures, please. I love seeing Jar Jar Binks memorabilia in all its ill-advised glory.

Here are a couple of blurry pics I took this morning before leaving for work. Most of my Jar Jar stuff is in boxes in the spare room. As it is, my wife barely tolerates these!

(That's my Simpsons line up of The Who at the bottom. Xena is filling in for Keith Moon since they didn't make a figure for him)

My wife and I have tons of cool crap, but most isn't displayed since we live in an apartment.

Edit:

I forgot to include the Jar Jar Binks Wake-Up System, which is my favorite!

Gutter Phoenix fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Oct 14, 2021

Empty Pockets
Jun 11, 2008

For reasons that are beyond the scope of this post I have a Darth Maul Taco Bell cup + topper that we break out for special occasions - it is an honor and act of acknowledgement to grant the temporary right to drink from The Darth Maul cup.

Anyway, for some time now I’ve been mulling over the idea of finding a Jar Jar Binks cup for a ‘cup of shame’ to balance things out.

This has been my Jar Jar collectibles story, I hope you enjoyed it.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Here are a couple of blurry pics I took this morning before leaving for work. Most of my Jar Jar stuff is in boxes in the spare room. As it is, my wife barely tolerates these!

(That's my Simpsons line up of The Who at the bottom. Xena is filling in for Keith Moon since they didn't make a figure for him)

My wife and I have tons of cool crap, but most isn't displayed since we live in an apartment.

Edit:

I forgot to include the Jar Jar Binks Wake-Up System, which is my favorite!

A neat collection I must say, thank you for posting these. I feel I must draw attention to the C3PO sellotape dispenser which is now my favourite thing I've seen in this thread because holy gently caress how did a marketing executive think this was a solid product to manufacture en-masse

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

overnightmike
Aug 11, 2007
I have well over 150 vintage neckties, mostly 60's thru 80's. I also have probably 200 decks of vintage playing cards, and a wall devoted to owls.

If this subforum exists when I get off this work trip I'll add some photos.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I got this bird family

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Touch my tape roll, Master Luke.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

LadyPictureShow posted:

The outfits on yours are cool, I like some of the later fashions better than the originals. Do you stick specifically to Integrity yourself?

Yep. I never got into Barbie or the various Japanese brands and the silkstone Barbies always looked like creepy haunted dolls to me.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

bird with big dick posted:

I got this bird family

Excellent birds

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Literally A Ghost posted:

Touch my tape roll, Master Luke.

Hey now, his robo-dilz belongs to R2-D2, and possibly the Rancor Keeper©.

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
I have a pretty decent video game and vinyl collection, but the main thing I collect is comics.

My collection contains every Superman and Flash comic released since Crisis in '86, plus all their spin off's and mini series.

I've also loads of other titles, but Supes and Flash make up the bulk of my collection.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Pitwar posted:

I have a pretty decent video game and vinyl collection, but the main thing I collect is comics.

My collection contains every Superman and Flash comic released since Crisis in '86, plus all their spin off's and mini series.

I've also loads of other titles, but Supes and Flash make up the bulk of my collection.

That's a crap-load of boxes. Presumably full of your comic book collection and not a vast assortment of receipts and tax reports.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

The Locator posted:

That's a crap-load of boxes. Presumably full of your comic book collection and not a vast assortment of receipts and tax reports.

didn't you read? He collects banker boxes

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

These images are a couple of months old but I didn't feel like taking new ones. Since then I've added loose carts of Turok Dinosaur Hunter and Gex 3 for N64, a copy of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 for Gamecube, the box for my Halo Reach Xbox 360, and the Metroid Dread Special Edition to my games. I also gifted the big black box Dominion to my best friend and his wife as a wedding gift.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

I appreciate how tidy this is

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

In this whole thread so far the only thing that's made me go "ooo I want to own that just for the sake of it" is that Gameboy box, that is rad. Just the box though, don't want the console.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I collect a few things:

Boston based sports stuff, baseball cards from when I was younger (occasionally), comic books here and there, books that I think are interesting at used book stores, political swag, and video game stuff.

I was so mad at myself because the used game store I go to had those old late 80s Nintendo scratcher cards and I wanted to buy them but was hesitant cause I was still looking for work.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Posted the same thing in the board game collection thread, but here are my games:

What you can't see are legend of Robin Hood

My PnP of 1889 and my copy of Psycho Raiders

EDIT:

I also collect silly baseball cards but that takes more effort to photograph so that will need to be a separate post.

Here's my Mike trout card for now though

Slimy Hog fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Oct 16, 2021

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

JnnyThndrs posted:

I have a couple of them, a Powermac 7200 and a 6100, set up with DOS cards. I spent years trying to find the weird octopus cable to make the 6100 work, this was before EBay and omnipresent internet.

Yes, I collect old Macs. Everything here works and is hooked to KVM’s

... oddly enough I just got a 6100 as a home for one of these cards. Looks like 68kmla has the pinout for the cable monstrosity...

and it's less a collection and more of an addiction at this point. :(

All have been recapped.

Macintosh II (800k drive)

IIfx in a II case (factory upgrade kit)

SE/30 just after recapping

FORD.

A 7600/132 w/G3 upgrade card I found unloved in a used store for $40.

Macintosh II with ROM/SWIM upgrade (1.44mb floppies woo)

OpelLady's SE/30 (a different one than above), powering her 1980's Synth/MIDI setup.

Not shown: a PPC 9500 I haven't cleaned up yet, and the afforementioned 6100 (still haven't recapped it).
Will get photos once the DOS card gets here...

(I also still need to ship the spare PAS-16 NUBUS card to a fellow goon... sorry guy! It's coming!)

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

SRQ posted:

Want a Performa 6360 or a Quadra 610 )the later in pretty bad shape)?

I have a gaping hole the size of a 68040 in my collection...

And oddly enough I haven't seen a single quadra show up in any of the used stores, though a bunch of other stuff is showing up lately...

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Mad magazines. As a kid I convinced myself that the "Super Specials" that I picked up off the grocery store newsstand would one day be valuable, so starting in January 1995 I started collecting Mad issues and books whenever I could (I was eleven so I had to rely on my allowance).

I was nearly an adult before I realized that my collection would probably not be valuable to anyone except for myself, but at least I can still enjoy my relatively extensive collection.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
A lot of this thread has extremely strong "tell me you're a single guy who lives alone without telling me" energy.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Imagined posted:

A lot of this thread has extremely strong "tell me you're a single guy who lives alone without telling me" energy.

Turn on your monitor

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Imagined posted:

Yeah look at this fuckin dweeb

Imagined posted:

The zoo in my city still maintains and even updates these old Mold-A-Rama machines, and I've tried to collect every mold they put out.

(Also interesting rocks and sea shells we've found on family trips)

Soviet memorabilia

And I've just started collecting pins

Michael Moorcock books

West End Games' Star Wars RPG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Imagined posted:

The zoo in my city still maintains and even updates these old Mold-A-Rama machines, and I've tried to collect every mold they put out.

Oh man I used one of those as a very young kid at a science museum and never saw one since then so I always thought I imagined it until right now, it's such a weird idea