Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Goimg to try to finish Metroid Prime 2 today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

I'm gonna say what we're all thinking: Nintendo stays winning

yup

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Does everyone on the family plan get the Animal Crossing DLC?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yes. Family plan is literally just a wink wink nudge that you can actually pay $10 a year if you have cool friends.

Crazy that all the people freaking out and whining about the price apparently don't have any.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

continue to be shocked, SHOCKEd that a for-profit business keeps charging money for goods and services! they should update all their old stuff and give it away for free, like car makers and cell phone companies do :argh:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

Yes. Family plan is literally just a wink wink nudge that you can actually pay $10 a year if you have cool friends.

Crazy that all the people freaking out and whining about the price apparently don't have any.

I haven't paid a cent for NSO becuase of family plan, it's great.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Zurtilik posted:

Does everyone on the family plan get the Animal Crossing DLC?

Yep. Everyone on a family plan gets the full benefits of NSO.

People are gonna spend so much time and energy bitching and moaning about the price increase and then scoff at the idea of coordinating with up to 7 other people to bring the cost down to $10 a year. Even just finding 3 people to join in gives you all the NSO + expansion benefits at the same annual price as the base plan.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

TheScott2K posted:

I'm gonna say what we're all thinking: Nintendo stays winning

sometimes I like to get a little frisky and call them "Wintendo"

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i refuse to sign up for a family plan. my nintendo online is for me alone nobody else gets any.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

American McGay posted:

I will not be doing this because it sounds illegal.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
It's not illegal, it's just called a family plan but it doesn't require you to swear an oath to Nintendo that you're legally family to others on the plan.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I would not stoop to depriving Nintendo of important revenue needed for the development of new games

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

nintnedon famly plan is legally binding, i now have 7 sons and daughters who give me €7 every year for the pleasrue of being able to play garbo NES games and it feels so good

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Nep-Nep posted:

It's not illegal, it's just called a family plan but it doesn't require you to swear an oath to Nintendo that you're legally family to others on the plan.

This is not only illegal but violates the code of Bushido.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

all of you are going to nintendo jail

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I will not be doing this because it sounds illegal.
That's literally what it's designed for lol.

I don't do it because I'm exceptionally lazy and also so rich that $50 per year is meaningless to me.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Andrast posted:

all of you are going to nintendo jail

I would gladly serve a life sentence in the Nintendungeon

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

nintnedon famly plan is legally binding, i now have 7 sons and daughters who give me €7 every year for the pleasrue of being able to play garbo NES games and it feels so good

We're just a stone's throw away from in 2022 when they announce the Nintendo child support plan where you have to pay Nintendo $100 a month for each person on your family plan

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Genesis does what wintendont

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Feels Villeneuve posted:

This is not only illegal but violates the code of Bushido.

this :cheers: :hai: 🍻

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My family plan has me, my wife, my son, my nephew, and an ex coworker. I'm the only one who pays though.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

The Postman posted:

Yep. Everyone on a family plan gets the full benefits of NSO.

People are gonna spend so much time and energy bitching and moaning about the price increase and then scoff at the idea of coordinating with up to 7 other people to bring the cost down to $10 a year. Even just finding 3 people to join in gives you all the NSO + expansion benefits at the same annual price as the base plan.

Yeah family plan rules just worried that the DLC thing was gonna be some goofy single use code or something. Thanks all!

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

:cheerdoge::respek:🍺:hai:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Now Sega Channel, THAT was a subscription service worth its price

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I just wanna say that last night after I went to bed I stayed up playing Metroid Dread in handheld mode for another 2 hours. The last time I stayed up past my bed time to play video games under the covers like I’m 9 playing Gameboy color by flashlight was Breath of the Wild. I know the formula is old hat but I feel incredibly lost in this game while still loving the sense of exploration.

Couldn’t figure out where to go last night, so I just did a huge loop of the map, nearly doubling my missiles and energy, and then finally found out where to go, thinking I would be comically overpowered for whatever was next, and then I had a sick nasty bossfight that proved me very wrong! An excellent game!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Just thinking about what kind of person sees the expansion pack pricing and immediately goes "This is all because people bought Mario 3D All-Stars! I tried to warn them!"

I feel like the people complaining the loudest about the price don't even own a Switch.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I’m gonna say what we’re all thinking: this new NSO tier is overpriced

I’m all for it if it keeps whiny cry babies out of my Mario Kart 64 online sessions, barriers to entry own

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
random hollow knight question because i didn't see a thread:

what's the "intended" way into Deepnest, i got it by breaking a random wall and ending up in a church which didn't seem correct since i don't think it was hinted or anything, i just happened to be loving around in that area at the time

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Deepnest is a zone you’re supposed to pass through and get your pants scared full of poo poo at the beginning of the game to get to the bottom of the map, but you won’t actually be able to make progress in there until you buy a specific item. The game makes you go back through there a handful of times.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
oh i ended up getting there fairly late i guess, i saw it was dark and scary and was like "i bet there's some good poo poo in there". i got the train key from there and ended up in kindgdoms edge lol

also if you mean the lantern that's like the first thing i grinded for in the game. i think i got it before even leaving the first area lol

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Oct 17, 2021

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Twelve by Pies posted:

Just thinking about what kind of person sees the expansion pack pricing and immediately goes "This is all because people bought Mario 3D All-Stars! I tried to warn them!"

I feel like the people complaining the loudest about the price don't even own a Switch.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
he's right...... the turbografx ftw.....

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

American McGay posted:

I haven't paid for Netflix ever because I just use my Aunt's login. That doesn't mean that I shouldn't be upset if they raised raised the price by 2.5x to allow access to certain shows.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

First is the worst, everyone knows that

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

TURBO DUD

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Astro7x posted:

I haven't paid for Netflix ever because I just use my Aunt's login. That doesn't mean that I shouldn't be upset if they raised raised the price by 2.5x to allow access to certain shows.
Hey idiot your stupid analogy makes no sense and you should feel bad for posting it.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Astro7x posted:

if Netflix introduced something substantially new, like a VR catalog or something, it would be absolutely normal for them to charge more for that optional upgraded service.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Astro7x posted:

They didn’t raise the price, they added more content for an additional fee

Which is exactly what Netflix did (does?) with 4k content

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
imagine if this thing cost $5. now it costs $924116234743612365. still funny?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Imagine only having Bonk as your mascot smh