Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Bucnasti posted:

Sadly Nazi Orks are a thing, and I've seen multiple versions of them from different bits creators. :(

Fascists don't see Orks as ugly or bad, and in fact would delight at being portrayed as Orks. The fascist mindset is rooted in the Fremen Mirage, a mythologized worship of the "hard strength" that comes from a rugged origin. To them, Orks aren't brutality and unreason, they are a pure distillation of masculine strength, an ability to take what you want without being punished for it.

It's like that bullshit sequence they always bring up
Strong Men create Good Times
Good Times create Weak Men
Weak Men create Bad Times
Bad Times create Strong Men

Ignoring the fact that it is 100% baseless and not backed up by any serious history, every single fascist believes themselves to be in the "Bad Times create Strong Men" line. They aren't monsters for being brutal and uncaring. They're doing what Must Be Done to reclaim their birthright from the Weak Men who ruined everything. And so they portray themselves as Orks, tearing down the "weak" order that has arisen to create a new world where they are, naturally, at the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

It doesn't even make sense to have orks as nazis, orks are just mindless killing machines that only respect those above them because those above them are those capable of the most brutal violence. Their wretched caste system oppresses those who do all the hard work to maintain their culture, and their 'economy' would collapse the moment they run out of neighbouring people to raid and conquer.

Oh.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Nazis looted French vehicles and put bunkers with comedically oversized guns on them:

You can't really represent that in 40k since the base vehicles would also be fash.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

One difference: Ork equipment works.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug

Ugleb posted:

And now for something not depressing!

Ok but why is the goblin making the anime cum face.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He loves his job.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

everyone mad about nazi orks better not look up what stormboyz used to look like

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Business Gorillas posted:

everyone mad about nazi orks better not look up what stormboyz used to look like

Isn't that what people have been discussing for last few dozen posts :confused:

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

If those nazi orks are from Kromlechs 1996 catalogue then thats a fair point. If their defence is "well its not any worse than the GW figures! (used to be, more than 20 years ago)" I'd argue thats a little weak.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

The joke with the old stormboyz is that they were a laughingstock to the other orks for acting like fascist shitheads and not just having a good time fighting

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

they're a pretty good youth counterculture joke that then proceeded to get picked up by the least funny people in the world (fascist manchildren) and turned into entire collections of deliberately not getting the joke

e: for reference

Assessor of Maat fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 16, 2021

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

This is why I kitbashed my Surfboyz - no negative connotation with orks on flying surfboards.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

The stormboyz have been changed, these guys have not.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

chin up everything sucks posted:

This is why I kitbashed my Surfboyz - no negative connotation with orks on flying surfboards.

Surf Gretchen Must Die

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
surf armageddon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp6HF7mxTlo

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

chin up everything sucks posted:

Nazi Surfboyz must die.

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

Nazi orks gently caress off!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Considering the Imperium is just Catholic Space Nazis, one could easily make Antifa orks.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

:thejoke:

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Rugikiki posted:

Nazi orks gently caress off!

It really took way too long for someone to post this.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Screaming Idiot posted:

Considering the Imperium is just Catholic Space Nazis, one could easily make Antifa orks.

Not a model, but someone else had the same idea

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Grot revolutionaries are comrades

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
They're just Grotskyists.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
Morksists

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

SiKboy posted:

If those nazi orks are from Kromlechs 1996 catalogue then thats a fair point. If their defence is "well its not any worse than the GW figures! (used to be, more than 20 years ago)" I'd argue thats a little weak.

1996 is 25 years ago btw. The GW figures are older than that but the basis for Nazi Orks today. Sadly the parody aspect seems to be lost on more recent versions.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Ugleb posted:

1996 is 25 years ago btw. The GW figures are older than that but the basis for Nazi Orks today. Sadly the parody aspect seems to be lost on more recent versions.

I wasnt going to the effort of finding out when the 2nd ed 40K nazi inspired stormboys were out tbh, 1996 was a rough guess based on "I remember seeing them when I played 40K which was roughly 1992-1998ish", and "more than 20 years ago" was me playing it safe in case I said 25 years and someone who actually did the research pointed out they actually came out in '98, so only 23 years ago or whatever. My point stands though; Lots of companies (and people) did/said/made poo poo in the 90s that absolutely would not fly today and its at best disingenuous to excuse something in 2021 based on "well it was fine for another company in the 90s".

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Ork yoofs rebelling by adopting a strict military kulture of diligence and precision is a good joke but nazorks are loving stupid

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
is that chia seeds, mould, or tinsel

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Why spend money on flock when you can use pubes and dollar store herbs?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Ignimbrite posted:

is that chia seeds, mould, or tinsel

yes

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
True story, in middle school my buddy biked over to borrow my bag of flock and he was pulled over by a cop on the way home on suspicion of possessing marijuana.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Flock, not even once.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
Bringing my almost 5' long $50k walmart brand HMS Victory to the LGS Black Seas night.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pb and Jellyfish
Oct 30, 2011

Fyrbrand posted:

Hello thread, please join me in disgust at this, the worst thing I've seen at a con:

I don't mean to bring our attention back to this monstrosity, but I absolutely must know everything you have to tell about the person who brought/made that thing. Because the fishnets give me impressions of dirty old man, but the space wolves make me think millenial or younger gross dude (I don't mean space wolves=gross dude appeal, more that I expect dirty old men to be into historicals or trains).

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

The legs say "come hither" but the space wolves say "google boobs trust me"

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dirty old men were once gross young dudes and some of them stick with a gimmick.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I bet he spent a lot of time picking out just the right shoes for his paper mache mannequin legs.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
yo bruh lets go to our lgs and get flocked up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

Bucnasti posted:

I bet he spent a lot of time picking out just the right shoes for his paper mache mannequin legs.

Now that you mention the shoes, they really should've been wearing Sorroritas leg armor, or at the very least something like combat boots. It probably would've been more confusing at first, but it would help sell the... gag?