Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

LeeMajors posted:

My sweet puppy Marge died suddenly this morning. God loving drat it. Almost made it to 9.

:negative:

She will be missed.

That sucks dude. I'm sorry. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ehud posted:

What kind of coffee do you all buy to make at home and how do you prepare it?

I’ve been getting the medium roast from Trader Joe’s and it’s pretty good for such inexpensive coffee. I make it in my French press.

Local coffee (with Trader Joe's blends as a fill in), burr grinder, Hario v60 mug toppers to brew. Quick, inexpensive, easy cleanup, and delicious. The French Press is too much of a pain in the rear end to clean so it's been relegated to making cold brew. I also have a chemex which is an occasional weekend brewer (way slower than Hario though) and an aero press that I really should use more (especially on east African stuff). Happy brewing!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
:rip: marge keep chasing those balls in heaven.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Mr. Nice! posted:

:rip: marge keep chasing those balls in heaven.

We love you, Marge

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Ornery and Hornery posted:

We love you, Marge

:smith:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ornery and Hornery posted:

We love you, Marge

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

LeeMajors posted:

My sweet puppy Marge died suddenly this morning. God loving drat it. Almost made it to 9.

She will be missed.

That's loving awful :(

I'm so, so sorry.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

LeeMajors posted:

She will be missed.

RIP Marge :(

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Thanks for the goondolences.

Not sure what the hell happened to her. Had some emesis and loose stools last night before bed, but nothing insane—she’s had colitis intermittently throughout her life but not in awhile. We got her all set up in our bathroom in her bed with water and stuff and woke up to her seizing. She stayed unconscious. Had a bunch of rectal bleeding. She died in my truck on the way to the emergency vet.

Rough loving morning. Poor Marge. I don’t know if it was bloat or if she got into something in the yard or if it was an intestinal blockage or something. Obviously I’m blaming myself for not rushing her to the vet last night immediately and probably will forever.

So sudden. gently caress.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Kalli posted:

They were trying to give me a chest x-ray (came in complaining that I had slept the previous 30 hours, felt awful, and had butt stuff) and I guess I was super dehydrated, because I remember gripping the thingy then the next thing I know I'm on the ground and the nurse is screaming
I told you not to drink from the golden chalice! I told you bro!

Get better soon, man.

edit: Fffff

Lee Majors, you were a good dad to doggo Marge, remember the good times

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Oct 17, 2021

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Try not to blame yourself. I took my dog to the ER a few years ago. We thought it might be bloat. He's a stoic pup so after a thorough exam they came back with " We don't know what's going on. Here's some pain pills." He was fine a few days later. Probably pulled a muscle.

These things can be impossible to tell. It's not your fault for not jumping at everything when you have a whole family to take care of. You took good care of Maggie.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

So sorry Lee.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

LeeMajors posted:

She will be missed.

poo poo, so sorry.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

LeeMajors posted:

She will be missed.

That really sucks man.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

LeeMajors posted:

She will be missed.

I'm so, so sorry.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Hey Fiz, its coincidental I’m doing this when the Vikings are playing Carolina, but it was still inspired by your post so I’m gonna blame you for whatever happens

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

LeeMajors posted:

She will be missed.

I'm so sorry man. That's too soon to have to say goodbye :(

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/anticapitalizm/status/1449803607709257734?s=21

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My condolences, LeeMajors.

Also your Av having the same name as your pup is weirding me out.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Android Apocalypse posted:

My condolences, LeeMajors.

Also your Av having the same name as your pup is weirding me out.

It’s a weird coincidence but a) I didn’t buy this av and b) she was named for Marge Gunderson from Fargo, perhaps my favorite movie character of all time.

Thanks for the condolences. It’s been a long one.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I was at the store this weekend and saw someone with a shirt that said "PTSD is for pussies" so I'm convinced that no matter what you''ll find someone against some good broad cause.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

It’s a weird coincidence but a) I didn’t buy this av and b) she was named for Marge Gunderson from Fargo, perhaps my favorite movie character of all time.

Thanks for the condolences. It’s been a long one.

Condolences dude :smith:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

bobjr posted:

I was at the store this weekend and saw someone with a shirt that said "PTSD is for pussies" so I'm convinced that no matter what you''ll find someone against some good broad cause.

It definitely doesn’t help that a lot of people still think of mental illness as something you can just “tough it out”. If it’s not a visible injury, it’s not real to them.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Due to Covid

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1450069211250843656?s=21

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Doesn’t say if he was vaccinated or not, but at 84 I can see how even getting a case while vaccinated could be deadly.

I’ll always remember him for lying about the run up to Iraq.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Bird in a Blender posted:

Doesn’t say if he was vaccinated or not, but at 84 I can see how even getting a case while vaccinated could be deadly.

I’ll always remember him for lying about the run up to Iraq.

https://twitter.com/dianneg/status/1450069723954262016?s=21

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Man, this movie is going to be gorgeous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk6VArB6_us

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ehud posted:

If it's anything like the Green Knight it'll be gorgeous and boring as hell.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I’m not going to cry over Powell but I will say he created a smart doctrine for Desert Storm that the US would have been smart not to immediately abandon a decade later. Go to war with overwhelming force, full international support, clear and limited objectives.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

If it's anything like the Green Knight it'll be gorgeous and boring as hell.

I can't imagine a boring Joel Coen movie.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Ehud posted:

Frances McDormand is a great actress but I can’t think of a single character she’s played that’s particularly similar to how I’ve always envisioned Lady Macbeth. Not complaining, I’m interested to see how she does!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

TIL Colin Powell had a hand in whitewashing the My Lai Massacre :psyduck:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

GD_American posted:

I’m not going to cry over Powell but I will say he created a smart doctrine for Desert Storm that the US would have been smart not to immediately abandon a decade later. Go to war with overwhelming force, full international support, clear and limited objectives.

Too bad he literally helped abandon it during his time in the Bush II administration.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Sorry to hear about your pup, LeeMajors :smith:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Allahu ackbar

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Apparently Powell had Multiple Myeloma so he died to a coalition.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Dear COVID,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7X01_j_oDA&t=48s

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 18, 2021

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

This is what Nextdoor needs to embrace

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1449876006987304962?t=YtM7s3_w7EDz22IQaRPncg&s=19

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

LeeMajors posted:

TIL Colin Powell had a hand in whitewashing the My Lai Massacre :psyduck:

And TYL that Colin Powell was the first Secretary of State to use email, and he had the State Department use GMail because the State Department didn't have a roll their own code email system.

Ok I have it slightly off but he did modernize the State Department but in a very early 2000s way that nerds like us look at and go "Well there's your mistake" I can't find the source that shows he used GMail but I remember it.

https://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/colin-powell-hillary-clinton-email-state-department-115870

quote:

“When I entered the State Department I found an antiquated system that had to be modernized and modernized quickly,” he said. “I started using [email] in order to get everybody to use it, so we could be a 21st-century institution and not a 19th-century [one]. But I retained none of those emails, and we are working with the State Department to see if there’s anything else they want to discuss with me about those emails.”

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Oct 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
good riddance although incredible that Cheney outlived anyone from that administration