Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!
Yeah when they first drop the drum truck at the beginning of fury road it's just a visceral experience in the theatre. And I'm not really a big movie person. But that was when I knew the movie was going to be amazing cause it leaned into all of the early Mad Max insanity.

Edit for proud snipe: fury road is the only movie I've seen twice in theatres, went to watch it with my dad was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Fury road loving owned in 4d

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Fury road loving owned in 4d

I saw it in 5d but I'm not willing to get catheterized again by AMC employees

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Saw Fury Road in goontube several times and it was great. Going to the theaters is hugely overrated unless it's imax or the arc light or something. No doubt frequent movie goers are going to be increasingly posting in the dune thread but us misanthropes need to band together

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

Saw Fury Road in goontube several times and it was great. Going to the theaters is hugely overrated unless it's imax or the arc light or something. No doubt frequent movie goers are going to be increasingly posting in the dune thread but us misanthropes need to band together

You can be a misanthrope at the theater. They turn out the lights so no one can stop you

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

You really don’t. It’s a bad look imo.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

Going to the theaters is hugely overrated unless it's imax or the arc light or something.

Yes, for a good theater experience, go to good theaters, not bad ones.

Edit: I'm hungover and that was more dickish than intended. All theaters are definitely not created equal, and I would agree that just going to a plain-jane theater with a regular crap projector is a worse experience than just watching it on a big tv at home, especially if you have a semi decent setup.

But for these big event movies, there is something added by seeing it at a premium theater, no matter how good your home theater setup is.

stratdax fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Oct 16, 2021

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

skasion posted:

You can be a misanthrope at the theater. They turn out the lights so no one can stop you

a victimless crime

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.
Can someone help me design my covid-friendly outfit for seeing Dunc in theaters? I'd like to go as a member of the spacing guild. Outfit should feature an opaque helmet and enough nitrous pumping into it to last the duration of the film. Thanks.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
just have a leafblower blowing cheeto dust in your face the whole time

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

stratdax posted:

Yes, for a good theater experience, go to good theaters, not bad ones.

Edit: I'm hungover and that was more dickish than intended. All theaters are definitely not created equal, and I would agree that just going to a plain-jane theater with a regular crap projector is a worse experience than just watching it on a big tv at home, especially if you have a semi decent setup.

But for these big event movies, there is something added by seeing it at a premium theater, no matter how good your home theater setup is.

yea some friends and I are gonna see this in the nice theater. We could probably make a perfectly fine movie night out of it going to one of their houses that has the nice theater setup and all but there is something nice about getting the full 'oh we went to the bougie movie theater' experience with a theater full of other dorks jazzed for the same thing.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

YoursTruly posted:

Can someone help me design my covid-friendly outfit for seeing Dunc in theaters? I'd like to go as a member of the spacing guild. Outfit should feature an opaque helmet and enough nitrous pumping into it to last the duration of the film. Thanks.

Have you thought about a 4 meter by 2 meter by 2 meter tank to contain your evolved navigator form?

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

TK-42-1 posted:

You really don’t. It’s a bad look imo.

OK now I can't wait to be around people!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
covid particles are denser than air so simply hover over the seats with your anti-gravity belt.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I know y'all are joking about showing up in costume, but I really hope nobody actually does this. It's not loving Star Wars and we're not fourteen years old anymore.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

sexpig by night posted:

covid particles are denser than air so simply hover over the seats with your anti-gravity belt.

Bad news about your epidemiology theory...

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

That hbo stream is gonna look 320p on the night of.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Mister Speaker posted:

I know y'all are joking about showing up in costume, but I really hope nobody actually does this. It's not loving Star Wars and we're not fourteen years old anymore.

You can pry the winged speedo from my cold, desert dry boner

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
showing up as Lynchian house harkonnen is the only acceptable costume. bonus points if its not a costume at all but just your regular goon wardrobe

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.
I'm going to the theater with poo poo in my thigh pads and there's nothing anyone can do to stop me.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

SIR this is a choam directorate

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

DebonaireD posted:

That hbo stream is gonna look 320p on the night of.

They handled GoT release day streaming just fine during its last season, I don't think they'll have issues

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Spit at the popcorn counter to show your respects

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Gonna get inside six feet of HVAC ducting and go as a sandworm

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

A man's seat is is own; the cup holder belongs to the tribe.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's entirely in character to liberate drinks from the waterfat, for they will not survive the desert

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Dr Yueh's Diabetes Advice Line posted:

It's entirely in character to liberate sugary drinks from the fat, for they will not survive the dessert

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Bubblyblubber posted:

You can pry the winged speedo from my cold, desert dry boner

Sir, in this thread we prefer the term beefswelling.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It leaked and I'm currently watching the film.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Groovelord Neato posted:

If you are actually posting WHILE watching the film, you don't deserve to have it early

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait where is the second half of the movie?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Who's dick do I have to suck to get a shield wall explosion over here

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Bloop posted:

Who's dick do I have to suck to get a shield wall explosion over here

That will be in part 3 in 2025.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

DrPlump posted:

Wait where is the second half of the movie?

I really wonder how many people are going in unaware of this and are going to be pissed. Awesome marketing great job

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ends at a not great spot too.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

Would you say it sprung a leak? :dadjoke:

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.

No Mods No Masters posted:

I really wonder how many people are going in unaware of this and are going to be pissed. Awesome marketing great job

Still lol'ing about seeing the first LOTR in theaters and some dude stands up at the end and yells "What the hell was that!?"

The sequels must flow.

the heebie-gbs
Apr 23, 2007

♫ twerrrmmmmm ♫
       /
:sax:

The Bloop posted:

Wanna see it at the Mugar Omni Theatre and have my dick blown clear off by the sound system

don't do it; the curved screen makes it just jarring to watch unless you sit right above the projector box.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
checking in from the future (europe) where this has been out for like 3 weeks now. Just went to see it in 4k and I am pleased to report it is extremely tight. Here they don't care if you bring in beer so I had a literal backpack full of beer so I had a great fucknig time. Had to run out and piss like a minute before the end like a dipshit. But I don't care, it was so tight. Brolin owned. Mamoa loving owned. Was distracted by Isaac's idiot beard. Ornithopters weren't laughable which was a concern. Score got a bit 'desert whiney' at times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
One of my friends brought a friend who hadn't read done and apparently was just bored out of his mind because he had no clue.