Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Evil Eagle posted:

14) Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - 4 Player Co-op

Sick as hell final bosses and ending sequence.

did you play locally with 4 gbas or use some kind of computer bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
New fork of Dolphin allows for seamless GBA netplay.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

6. Psychonauts 2

I liked parts of it but man it felt like there were cutscenes every couple of minutes, it was so hard to get any momentum going. It's been a long time since I played the first one, but I don't think this quite holds up - I don't feel like any of the worlds were as memorable as the best parts of Psychonauts 1, except maybe the cooking show section. The amount of cutscenes really got under my skin by the end.

I guess I also finished 12 Minutes although I'm not sure I got the "best" ending. I had a better reaction to it than I've seen from some people, although I agree the ending was kind of stupid it didn't really take away from the rest of it for me.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

b_d posted:

did you play locally with 4 gbas or use some kind of computer bullshit.

Computer bullshit. Worked great.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

3 years huh. Well don't worry, you'll beat it soon enough.

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

prey 2017. game kicked rear end, the ending was whatever but overall i really liked it. wish you'd gotten like one or two more guns though

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
Paratropic. a fun dreamy horror game that you play in one sitting, it took me maybe 50 minutes to reach the end and describing any part of it feels like it would take away from the experience lol. worth the 5 bucks

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Hades (epilogue)

I'm going to run out of things to do before I get bored at this rate. What a game.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

welcome posted:

Hades (epilogue)

I'm going to run out of things to do before I get bored at this rate. What a game.

this was me , i ended up going for all the in-game goals (prophecies + the 32? heat statue). that was fun. THEN i went for buying everything in the shop thing which required doing a bunch of runs aiming to buy diamonds and stuff. that wasn't hard, just an excuse to do a bunch of more relaxed runs and screw around.

i tried to get a high heat on all the weapons but it was too hard. my 32 win was a really lucky run with the gun iirc. aspect where you reload before every shot and do a million damage.

then i tried to do speedruns for in game time for like a week and got some mediocre results and then i was finally sated. that was 6 months ago and i haven't played since. maybe i'll play it again in a few years.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

b_d posted:

this was me , i ended up going for all the in-game goals (prophecies + the 32? heat statue). that was fun. THEN i went for buying everything in the shop thing which required doing a bunch of runs aiming to buy diamonds and stuff. that wasn't hard, just an excuse to do a bunch of more relaxed runs and screw around.

i tried to get a high heat on all the weapons but it was too hard. my 32 win was a really lucky run with the gun iirc. aspect where you reload before every shot and do a million damage.

then i tried to do speedruns for in game time for like a week and got some mediocre results and then i was finally sated. that was 6 months ago and i haven't played since. maybe i'll play it again in a few years.

Forgot that I still need lots of diamonds, no doubt Charon will stop stocking them now that I've maxed out all the aspects I care about and am almost done with ambrosia.

I'm still pretty low heat wise, highest clear is 10 with the rail and I think next closest is 6? Lot to do now that I think about it, find the last few stubborn legendaries/duos/hammers, max all trinkets, rob Charon (I don't think I've seen his stash once...), get the last two companions - plenty of game left.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Also catch the last ??? fish, 80 some runs and Chaos has had fish twice...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

welcome posted:

Also catch the last ??? fish, 80 some runs and Chaos has had fish twice...

the very first time i saw a fish at chaos i messed up catching it....

only ever saw it once again

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

b_d posted:

I got 32 on claw and gun but drove myself insane and miserable trying for the others before dropping it.

Lost interest in speedruns once I realized the number one factor would be how many Styx tunnels I got.

Eventually every well runs dry but it's an insane amount of fantastically fun game before you get there.

Speaking of I finally beat Slay the Spire A20 with all chars, not sure if I can list it as beaten without heart kills though.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

oh yeah i don't think i fully filled out the codex. i THINK i got all the chaos fish i needed though.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Train Station Renovation, only 15-16 hours to 100% every station it’s a nice little time-waster.

In your office hub between jobs there’s a big model train set and you unlock models and parts through completing the campaign stations and it looks really neat, but there’s a bug where no matter what the model derails on the second turn and there’s nothing you can do about it. Pretty cruel

e: on the PS version anyway, might be fixed on PC

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The only thing that kept me from 100% completing Hades was the Hades boss fight itself. It just got so boring and repetitive at some point, I'd just restart the run instead of finishing it. I don't know the solution to that problem but having a different final boss would be nice.

Played it obsessively for like 2 months and never touched it again lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The only thing that kept me from 100% completing Hades was the Hades boss fight itself. It just got so boring and repetitive at some point, I'd just restart the run instead of finishing it. I don't know the solution to that problem but having a different final boss would be nice.

the game needed more bosses or for bosses to have switched up mechanics period, I got bored after I cleared it a few times too

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Bosses all have a hard mode if you take the Extreme Measures heat option. EM Hades is worth doing at least once.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I'm scared of EM Hades after blowing through all my defiances the one time I fought EM Theseus.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Even the EM bosses became a slog once they stopped being challenging. Hades especially though, never want to fight him again

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

exactly my experience lol

it was a great time tho

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

same on hades. had an insanely kickass month doing nothing but playing it, now i may never touch it again. fuckin awesome game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

36. Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania. Story Mode cleared. loving excellent collection, and im gonna keep playing to see how many special mode and challenge course packs i can finish before it gets too hard for me. a great switch game, nice to just pop into some levels during brief breaks or while pinching a loaf.

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
Metroid dread. Fuckin a what a blast.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
Metroid dread 100% items

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

exactly my experience lol

it was a great time tho

Same. Fantastic game but I’ll probably never play it again

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

nier replicant. i didn’t finish it back when i had it on PS3 and i’m real glad it got released on PC because i always regretted that. real excellent game and I’ve heard Automata is even better, which i’ll be playing next

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yoku's Island Express - 100%

2nd playthrough, but it's been a few years. Just a delightful game from start to finish.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Door Kickers 2
2) Mass Effect
3) Mass Effect 2
4) Mass Effect 3
5) Control
6) Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
7) Suzerain
8) Sniper Ghost Warrior: Contracts
9) Far Cry 5

Well, after playing it coop on-and-off over the past year, we finally finished FC5 - just in time for the new one to come out! :D

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Final Fantasy IV Pixel Remaster

By far the easiest version of this game but nobody's playing this one expecting a challenge so who cares. I wish all versions had infinite arrows, Rosa and Rydia doing max damage on half the monsters in lunar subterrane was a blast.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
31. Pokemon Ultra Moon (Butterfree + Alolan Raichu + Alolan Muk + Probopass + Incineroar + Mimikyu, Necrozma Captured, Lunala Captured)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

welcome posted:

Final Fantasy IV Pixel Remaster

By far the easiest version of this game but nobody's playing this one expecting a challenge so who cares. I wish all versions had infinite arrows, Rosa and Rydia doing max damage on half the monsters in lunar subterrane was a blast.

do you have any handle on what they changed?

definitely agree it's the easiest (non Eastytype) version, but i couldn't put my finger on why i was doing so well. i thought i might have been over-leveling to fill out the bestiary for awhile, but it got easy before i started doing that.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Weird City Interloper (26/26 topics, uttered the second lingomancer phrase and destroyed the godharness)

text adventures are cool

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Bicyclops posted:

do you have any handle on what they changed?

definitely agree it's the easiest (non Eastytype) version, but i couldn't put my finger on why i was doing so well. i thought i might have been over-leveling to fill out the bestiary for awhile, but it got easy before i started doing that.

The fixed ATB system seems to be pretty unbalanced in the player's favor, my front line guys were routinely getting in two rounds before the enemy's first for the whole back half of the game. Also I probably fought more than usual thanks to autobattle and the game was always easy enough (3D version aside) that even a little bit of grinding is overkill. Only pain points were Zot (1 healing staff user is extremely not enough by this point) and Sylvan Cave (ugh, menus).

I'm pretty sure they tweaked the drop rates too (got pink tail + all summons without having to refill sirens), but with absolutely nothing useful available pre-moon this didn't matter.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon

Sadly this has not aged well, mostly due to the castle's layout being very hostile to any traversal options you might receive - all of the rooms are S-shaped and jam-packed with monsters, and the teleports are all in very inconvenient places. I did get all the bat lady drops and the two trick candle cards but refused to bother with the arena so shamefully finished with 14/16 DSS.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

welcome posted:

I'm pretty sure they tweaked the drop rates too (got pink tail + all summons without having to refill sirens), but with absolutely nothing useful available pre-moon this didn't matter.

you must have gotten lucky. i got the pink tail on siren 99 (which is all you can have, without glitching your way into the tower - you can't refill them in the new version).

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Bicyclops posted:

you must have gotten lucky. i got the pink tail on siren 99 (which is all you can have, without glitching your way into the tower - you can't refill them in the new version).

You can buy them in Namingway cave.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Metroid Dread, 100% items. Pretty good. I was bad at the EMMI stealth sections and some of the bosses, but the game is generous with checkpoints so it stayed snappy.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

metroid: zero mission
clear time 4:00:01, 69% items

what a great great game. off to the next one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

welcome posted:

You can buy them in Namingway cave.

in the pixel remaster? pretty sure that's exclusive to the GBA version