Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Q7kid posted:

The broad strokes I got are that ATT will force Sammy to agree to their terms on some match, possibly for the TNT Title, as a means of earning the ten-man tag the Inner Circle wants. It certainly didn't convey 100% clearly, but that seemed to be what Lambert was alluding to with talking about how the man with the title has the stroke.

Gotcha, that makes sense. It was a fun segment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Dave speculating about a third hour of smackdown is a curse so powerful it will definitely happen now

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I'm fine with that if it encourages TNT to move Rampage to an earlier timeslot.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
A third hour would be interesting because there are several markets that just wouldn't be able to carry it. They have experimented with having the 'real' main event to close the second hour from time to time on Raw but they would just have to do that there.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Had half my coworkers give me a weird look because I was laughing so hard at "the supple lips of the the brothers Jackson"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rick posted:

A third hour would be interesting because there are several markets that just wouldn't be able to carry it. They have experimented with having the 'real' main event to close the second hour from time to time on Raw but they would just have to do that there.

Dave was talking about nights when Smackdown would be on FS1 which doesn’t have local news to contend with.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1450197507980492801?t=fSUSRqSgRG9F9aHhyrFxOg&s=19

The replies give me life

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1450202871006367745
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1450204021025693697

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Weird, how come those 18-49 numbers didn't get released with the overall viewership in the fast nationals? How peculiar.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Jerusalem posted:

Weird, how come those 18-49 numbers didn't get released with the overall viewership in the fast nationals? How peculiar.

Well ummm Jerusalem... cough... you... you know why... i mean i'm not going to say it but you and I both know... you know?

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Lmao tony rules.

https://twitter.com/tonykhan/status/1450211491580420104?s=21

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
It's a great tweet but the 'dog' really takes it to the next level for me

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Somebody either needs to take the White Claws away from Tony or give him more and I'm not sure which I want more

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

I’m adding ‘do coke with tony k’ to the top of my bucket list

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/hustler2754/status/1450228115263967234

Ol’ Goofy Vinny

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
Dave talking about how 'a lot of people don't know we're in a wrestling war... they weren't alive for the last wrestling war' is my new favorite daveism

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

dodgeblan posted:

Dave talking about how 'a lot of people don't know we're in a wrestling war... they weren't alive for the last wrestling war' is my new favorite daveism

"I've covered wrestling wars, you know."

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

"I've covered wrestling wars, you know."

Dave Meltzer trying to escape the Mall of America during a Nitro Taping that got out of hand.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

"But what about that time TNA moved to Monday Night Dave, That had to be a wa..hahahahahhahaha no can't finish that"

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Oh no the leaker was Darren Rovell...lol.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCsgwPnG5aU

aw yeah

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rick posted:

Oh no the leaker was Darren Rovell...lol.

wwe was providing him the leaked info, he can only report what he has. the onus is more on wwe being caught as the ones getting the fast national out and then going quiet the moment the number is not as favorable.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi_wyAKIy-E

they won't

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Just started WOR and Bryan absolutely REFUSED to let Dave open by talking about Raw instead of the AEW ratings story :lol:

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

STONE COLD 64 posted:

wwe was providing him the leaked info, he can only report what he has. the onus is more on wwe being caught as the ones getting the fast national out and then going quiet the moment the number is not as favorable.

nah he doesnt have to report blatantly cherrypicked numbers without qualifying them

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
"WWE need to figure out what the future is. Not the present, the future. And the future isn't the past" ~ Dave Meltzer

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Also Dave (on the Raw main event ending on an out-of-nowhere DQ): "Nobody does this anymore. Everybody who did has gone out of business."

Inshallah.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
The Freakin' Bunny

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Just started WOR and Bryan absolutely REFUSED to let Dave open by talking about Raw instead of the AEW ratings story :lol:

It's fantastic, because Bryan gets Dave on the ratings story, and then completely shuts up and lets Dave go purestrain Dave about the ratings and the failures of WWE for twenty minutes. I don't think Bryan interrupts him once.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Blaise330 posted:

The Freakin' Bunny

The new 'Mean Street Posse beat Hogan vs. Savage.'

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

disaster pastor posted:

It's fantastic, because Bryan gets Dave on the ratings story, and then completely shuts up and lets Dave go purestrain Dave about the ratings and the failures of WWE for twenty minutes. I don't think Bryan interrupts him once.

It's up on YouTube now. It is amazing.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dave: "We're going to wait two hours to talk about the Raw main event? By then I won't care."

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

"WWE need to figure out what the future is. Not the present, the future. And the future isn't the past" ~ Dave Meltzer

reignofevil posted:

The funny thing is all things considered Dave is incredibly well adjusted it's just his mind organizes itself outside of normal three dimensional thinking and moves back and forth across the timeline so that occasionally he begins a sentence in 1982 and concludes the thought here with us in what might be described as "the present".

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
The flow of time is convoluted in Meltzer's Domain.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
The woman takes a chair shot after a 22 minute match. Raw pauses. Seven seconds now. It’s April, 1995. I’m at the Hartford Civic Center. It’s April, 2012. I’m in Sun Life Stadium, in Miami Gardens, Florida. Eighteen seconds, three. I’m tired of looking at Raw now. I move my fingers. The television turns off. I am going to look at old stars. The Attitude Era is so far away. And their light takes so long to reach the ratings. All I ever book of stars are their old footage on Peacock.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
"The shows are extended gutters and the gutters are full of lovely finishes and when the drains finally scab over, all Vince's yes men will drown. The accumulated filth of all their disqualifications and scripted promos will foam up about their waists and all the writers and agents will look up and shout 'WATCH US!'...and I'll look down and whisper 'Minus five stars.'"

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Oct 19, 2021

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

do you know if figure four online slash the wrestling observer is one company these days, or remains two companies working together.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1450529701844242434

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
wouldnt it be ben "im always wrong" miller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer