Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
He was there when all the pillars are introduced but does nothing, ergo no presence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
It's the kind of thing where if you told me that they invented that guy for the movie and backfilled him into those episodes I'd believe you.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
more rengoku is good

:colbert:

this episode was lots of fun

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

He looks like he's coked out all the time. Though tbf I probably would be too if I had to fight demons

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I really like Demon Slayer but I was left cold by Mugen Train because I just absolutely despise Rengoku’s design and his character feels 100% underbaked. He’s just like a 3rd Gen starter Fire-Type pokemon. Excited for the show to come back.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Since it was an arc from the manga I was expecting more out of it; broader story revelations or some sort of big twist but instead it's basically Garlic Jr. and I mean if all you wanted was More Sword Wizardry that's exactly what you got. Nothing more, nothing less.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lol we've reached "y'all loving wild" territory if mugen train is being likened to filler

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It was a pretty big deal to see for the first time what an Upper Moon was capable of. Sure it's basic shounen stuff, but it was very well executed.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Not Keyser Soze posted:

Since it was an arc from the manga I was expecting more out of it; broader story revelations or some sort of big twist but instead it's basically Garlic Jr. and I mean if all you wanted was More Sword Wizardry that's exactly what you got. Nothing more, nothing less.

I hate to break this to you but if a shonen battle story introduces a hierarchy of good guys and/or enemies, you can be guaran-drat-teed it's gonna spend a lot of time showcasing those characters and their battles VS "moving the plot forward"

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
And it was the intro for a major secondary antagonist who'll presumably serve as a particularly dangerous ongoing rival, so there's that.

Verus
Jun 3, 2011

AUT INVENIAM VIAM AUT FACIAM
i have not read the manga, but as soon as these guys were introduced at the end of season 1 my assumption was that they were just there to get worf'd.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Verus posted:

i have not read the manga, but as soon as these guys were introduced at the end of season 1 my assumption was that they were just there to get worf'd.

Future manga spoilers if you're curious, don't click if you're not: Not exactly. They're there to level the playing field by serving as teachers and allies to the main characters against the really nasty demons. They have a high casualty rate, but they do regularly accomplish important things and provide valuable assistance.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

KnY treats the Pillars as legitimate masters of their craft, each a product of exceptional unique talent honed by years of training and experience, so while in typical fighting shounen fashion our main protagonists get real strong real fast to amp up the stakes, the audience still gets to be entreated to solid showcases of the Pillars' strengths so they can properly serve as exemplars of the skill our protagonists eventually have to match (or at least approach) in order to have a fighting chance against the have-never-been-defeated Upper Moons, and ultimately Muzan.

All of them getting Worf'd would diminish that and be more than a little boring, so they get their wins, too :shobon:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Conspiratiorist posted:

KnY treats the Pillars as legitimate masters of their craft, each a product of exceptional unique talent honed by years of training and experience,

With some exceptions, as some are not very experienced but just naturally talented. All Demon Slayers are on the Younger side as well. As once you start to slow past your prime, it's best to retire to avoid dying horribly.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
rengoku is a good boy, please don't be mean to him

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Rengoku more like Ren-bro-ku

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

C-Euro posted:

Rengoku more like Ren-bro-ku

Renbroku would be the best translation for ANIKI, I agree.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

I'm glad it's back. guess I'll spend the next few weeks catching up on manga since I already watched the movie so no rush!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Had a revelation during the most recent episode that Zenitsu reminds me of Butters from South Park, at least the Zenitsu who is constantly having a panic attack.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m trepidatious about a season of Zenitsu acting weird towards girls in a red light district setting. Do they tone it down at all or does he ever mature and shed that really awful and kinda dated part of his personality?

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Oct 25, 2021

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Hey don’t forget Rengoku, like all the other Hashira, wanted to kill Nezuko and Tanjiro… even after their master told them it was cool. At LEAST he apologized… eventually…

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Yeah but he wasn’t a dick about it IIRC

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m trepidatious about a season of Zenitsu acting weird towards girls in a red light district setting. Do they tone it down at all or does he ever mature and she’d that really awful and kinda dated part of his personality?

He's also the most worldly of the three so it's entirely possible he's like "Hey! These are professionals! Treat them with respect!"

And then pays them for sex.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m trepidatious about a season of Zenitsu acting weird towards girls in a red light district setting. Do they tone it down at all or does he ever mature and shed that really awful and kinda dated part of his personality?

He's in his best behavior when seriously looking for a wife.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I want to see Rengoku in a public library.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Lamebot posted:

I want to see Rengoku in a public library.

as long as they don't have snacks he should be ok

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Really wish that I had a better TV for this episode and the next one.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
While I think it’s pretty cool they basically gave away their movie for free, it’s still pretty disappointing it basically took the place of 1/3rd of the second season assuming it’s 2 cours, which I don’t know is the case.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well it’s over now and we are getting to new stuff.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I thought season 2 will be a full two cours on top of the movie chop-up?

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Ibblebibble posted:

I thought season 2 will be a full two cours on top of the movie chop-up?

oh really? that would be rad. so I guess uhh, 31 episodesish? maybe?

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
As someone who saw the movie and hasn't picked up the latest season yet, would I be missing anything by skipping to, what seems to be episode 8 for new content? Or is there new stuff in the old stuff?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Episode 1 is new as well.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
yeah episode 1 reveals the deep lore of "why rengoku got all them bentos"

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Also sets up why he’s there in the first place… kinda

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I hope zenitsu will be done with whining so much this season

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Zenitsu will never stop being Zenitsu

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s crazy how Zenitsu’s horribly dated and gross archetype is basically the only complaint I have about this show. Like, just tweak him to be annoying in a way that isn’t really sexist and creepy, and bam this show becomes 100% “normal” and I wouldn’t have any reservations about showing it to someone, or heck! even using this show to get people into anime as a baseline.

It’s just disappointing.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

dipwood posted:

As someone who saw the movie and hasn't picked up the latest season yet, would I be missing anything by skipping to, what seems to be episode 8 for new content? Or is there new stuff in the old stuff?

Binged my way through the new season yesterday. Episode 1 is new, and there's new Taiko-era tips/previews at the end of each episode. As far as I could tell the eps are otherwise entirely film footage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Collapsing Farts posted:

Zenitsu will never stop being Zenitsu

That is unfortunate