Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
KC, Rashan, and Campbell are all indispensable with Jaire and Savage out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Good Will Hrunting posted:

KC, Rashan, and Campbell are all indispensable with Jaire and Savage out.

Well we have Jaylon Smith (lol) so the linebackers aren't as critical as Clark is. Without Clark that defensive line is swiss cheese.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

The team is like 1 injury on D away from being awful though :ohdear:

I still have no idea whether the defense is good or not. It's #5 in Yards per Game, but also folds every time the opposing team gets in the red zone (and thus, #13 in PPG). Considering all the players missing, I guess that's good?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Sataere posted:

The worst thing about when Nagy gets fired will be when he gets another head coaching job and is immediately great. He needs to be fired, but he'll get a second shot and he'll be better at that spot.

I highly doubt he gets another head coaching gig after this. An offensive coach who is really bad at building an offense seems to be a tough sell. He'll stick around and be a QB coach somewhere, maybe get a chance to be the OC for some power 5 school.

Pace is the big question mark. Definitely deserves to be fired but the McCaskeys love incompetence so much that I can see him sticking around for another few years.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Shrimpy posted:

I still have no idea whether the defense is good or not. It's #5 in Yards per Game, but also folds every time the opposing team gets in the red zone (and thus, #13 in PPG). Considering all the players missing, I guess that's good?

I find myself screaming at the TV about the defense less often. That seems like a good sign?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It's very telling that the only time he's ever managed to win an NFCCG was against the Bears.

Maybe Rodgers should be thanking us for giving him his only Superbowl rather than being a dick

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

he was saying "all my loving life i owe you. i still owe you"

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Rodgers was actually just announcing that the McCaskeys are selling the Bears franchise to him.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Dexo posted:

It's very telling that the only time he's ever managed to win an NFCCG was against the Bears.

Maybe Rodgers should be thanking us for giving him his only Superbowl rather than being a dick

He wasn't being a dick.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Shrimpy posted:

They’re better at getting off the field, which is a big deal, because past Packers defenses would constantly give up third down (especially 3rd and long :argh:) and then they’d be completely fatigued in the 4th quarter.

Like, does Kenny Clark still have the stamina for those final two sacks under Capers or Pettine where the defense was just going up and down the field all drat day?

They’re winning games even though they’ve surrendered 100% TDs when the opponent gets in the red zone because they’re stopping them from getting in the red zone more often than not.

Is this better? I don’t know, we’ll see after they face the Cardinals, Chiefs, and Vikings!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Packer fans really and I mean really need to better understand when people are making a joke and not get mad or terse at some light ribbing about your loving hall of fame QB talking poo poo

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

He wasn't being a dick.

Well that is an interesting take on that quote.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Like I'm literally mocking the Bears complete and utter incompetence against him and in general

Jesus

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean they say a fan base takes after their QBs

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Dexo posted:

Packer fans really and I mean really need to better understand when people are making a joke and not get mad or terse at some light ribbing about your loving hall of fame QB talking poo poo

talk poo poo about my quarterback again fucko and i'll make sure Lori Lightfoot gets a second term

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I am sorry your jokes are unfunny. Perhaps you should let the team you support speak for themselves.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
That's not to say there aren't good Rodgers jokes ITT just that a lot are extremely bad, though I will give you that they aren't Bortles level bad

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

talk poo poo about my quarterback again fucko and i'll make sure Lori Lightfoot gets a second term

Do it I bet you won't.

Jokes on you I don't actually live in Chicago, so that silly, bad suit, cop loving lady doesn't affect me.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I am sorry your jokes are unfunny. Perhaps you should let the team you support speak for themselves.

:allears:

Whatever you have to do or say to save face after seemingly being the only person to not pick up on the sarcasm.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Dexo posted:

He'll be the third qb from the superbowl era and second in a row for the Packers. Must be nice.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Dexo posted:

they've been spoiled and lost sight of things from their perch, imo

the only cure is 4 decades of caleb hanie impersonators

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Dexo you're so regularly salty that I generally can't tell when you're actually mad or crossing the line, sorry bud I apologize I'll try my best to hear you better and understand your pain manifesting in a unique way

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The packers have had the same conditions as the Patriots for the last decade and only have 1 super bowl appearance to show for it lmao

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
Mike McCarthy's Cowboys vs Green Bay in the NFCCG

:getin:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Styles Bitchley posted:

That would be a weird rear end game

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I'm rarely ever salty. Except when like actually live posting, when is when I shut my brain off and am just in it saying whatever nonsense my fan brain is thinking. Refs were really loving bad in that game tho...

Or when like some actual like racist/homophobic/transphobic poo poo is being said, and I get legitimately angry

Generally if I say something as farcical as Aaron Rodgers should be thanking the Bears for making it to the NFCCG game to allow him to beat them to make a super bowl it's safe to assume I'm not serious posting.

During the week I'll serious post about like my thoughts on scheme and the like. But other than that it's almost all cheap shots and dumb jokes. Because sports is loving silly and not actually worth getting mad over for more than the like game and an hour or so afterwards.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Styles Bitchley posted:

Bro I would never stop laughing if Fat Mike beat the Packers in the playoffs this year.

Or rather Fat Mike being carried by Kellen Moore to beating the Packers this year.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Dexo posted:

Bro I would never stop laughing if Fat Mike beat the Packers in the playoffs this year.

Or rather Fat Mike being carried by Kellen Moore to beating the Packers this year.

At least we can agree on 1 thing

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
If the Bears could get past the first weekend of the playoffs maybe Rodgers would have some more Super Bowl appearances.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Dexo posted:

Has anyone done an audio analysis yet? Maybe he's really saying, "I owe you!"

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Pops Mgee posted:

If the Bears could get past the first weekend of the playoffs maybe Rodgers would have some more Super Bowl appearances.

The Field Goal Post lobby put the fix in. They didn't want the Bears to succeed.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Dexo posted:

The Field Goal Post lobby put the fix in. They didn't want the Bears to succeed.

We still have over 600,000 emails to come through, justice is there for the taking!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Dexo posted:

I would literally just shrivel up and die. :rip:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Separate thread for Packers fans where they can not get jokes and worry about their injuries that absolutely do not matter in peace.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Metapod posted:

The packers have had the same conditions as the Patriots for the last decade and only have 1 super bowl appearance to show for it lmao

Ah I wasn't aware Mike McCarthy was comparable to Bill Belichick.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
The Packers are my favorite team. Aaron Rodgers is my favorite player (though I'm warming up quickly to Justin Herbert). That said, I did not like what Rodgers said to the Bears crowd. I found it to be rude and unsportsmanlike, and I was disappointed.

Oddly though, if it had been some random tight end or whatever, I probably wouldn't think much of it. It seems I have a bias that QBs should be more humble/have more decorum than players of the more physical positions.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

LargeHadron posted:

The Packers are my favorite team. Aaron Rodgers is my favorite player (though I'm warming up quickly to Justin Herbert). That said, I did not like what Rodgers said to the Bears crowd. I found it to be rude and unsportsmanlike, and I was disappointed.

Oddly though, if it had been some random tight end or whatever, I probably wouldn't think much of it. It seems I have a bias that QBs should be more humble/have more decorum than players of the more physical positions.

:agesilaus:

Just a random shot in the Dark, what are your thoughts on Colin Kaepernick? :v:

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

LargeHadron posted:

Nah it was cool and good.

My first regular season NFL game was Green Bay at Chicago and on the sidewalk outside Soldier Field some nice Bears fan had written 'Brett Favre is a cocksucking slur', I was 9 or something.

Maybe it was Steve Walsh.

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Oct 18, 2021

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

i for one am glad rodgers verbally defeated some guy from the chicago ham district

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

PneumonicBook posted:

Nah it was cool and good.

My first regular season NFL game was Green Bay at Chicago and on the sidewalk outside Soldier Field some nice Bears fan had written 'Brett Favre is a cocksucking slur', I was 9 or something.

Maybe it was Steve Walsh.

I'd be pretty scarred by seeing someone be called a cocksucking Steve Walsh also.