Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Jabor posted:

Unless you had a truly mythical store that didn't bother to update prices on anything, the rares from your old deck that didn't exist any more in the new meta didn't stay that high.

If it was still in a meta deck and thus was still worth something ... well that's exactly the situation you're presenting where you can keep playing with them on Arena too.
"Not high" is higher than zero.

Or they ended up in Extended. Later Modern. Or legacy or EDH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

You can also have more than one rotation a year without shortening the length of legality or shrinking the standard card pool. I think as usual they drew the wrong lesson from the feedback.

If the key cards in your deck rotate such that the rest aren't playable / aren't playable together, all of it may as well have rotated even if a majority of them are still legal.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Did I see next Thursday for the start of Crimson Vow spoiler season?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

BizarroAzrael posted:

Did I see next Thursday for the start of Crimson Vow spoiler season?

If they follow the timeline MID did, yes.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

How long did the release of Crimson Vow get delayed by?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Jiro posted:

How long did the release of Crimson Vow get delayed by?

It didn't.

(You might be thinking of set boosters being delayed in North America - that isn't affecting the release dates at all, though you'll only be able to get draft boosters at release in NA).

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Apparently Spelling felt like the world needed some petty Twitter drama to go along with him having a kid
https://twitter.com/sickofit/status/1449780533517447169?s=20

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I can't decide if all those guys are doing a pro wrestling bit where they trash talk each other constantly or if they just genuinely have unhealthy relationships with other people existing.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
It seems like they actually like each other and this is just a funny friendship dynamic. could be wrong tho

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Doesn't look like they are friends
https://twitter.com/crokeyz/status/1449815949633331208?s=20

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Time posted:

It seems like they actually like each other and this is just a funny friendship dynamic. could be wrong tho

I dunno he seems to be blocking people who are asking about the callout lol

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Mat Cauthon posted:

Ravnica 1, Time Spiral, Innistrad 1.

I wasn't around for Khans but I've heard people sing the praises of that block as well.
I agree with the first two, but AVR did NOT improve Innistrad 1 at all.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Oh, well in that case lmao

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
the appropriate way to troll crokeyz is to beat him on stream then go into his chat and call him and William Wallace two noobs from noobland. May or may not get you banned from his chat however

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Bell_ posted:

I agree with the first two, but AVR did NOT improve Innistrad 1 at all.

Dark Ascension also did not improve it lol.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Huxley posted:

I can't decide if all those guys are doing a pro wrestling bit where they trash talk each other constantly or if they just genuinely have unhealthy relationships with other people existing.

At no point in the decade+ I've been following Magic have I heard anyone saying anything positive about the personality of the pros.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Time posted:

the appropriate way to troll crokeyz is to beat him on stream then go into his chat and call him and William Wallace two noobs from noobland. May or may not get you banned from his chat however
worth it

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

apparently he was getting so many replies about why... it's because i guess the crokeyz guy made a mtg pro tier list video and i guess he rated him low or something i'm not sitting through the video to watch where he is since i don't know either of them

https://twitter.com/sickofit/status/1450132538417049600

like it would be kinda funny if it wasn't in a post announcing your kid, and like anyone else had a clue you were mad about the tier-list video. instead you just give some random callout to a DUDE who made a video for views.

imagine being that mad at someone, just seething about being rated like a C... not telling anyone and then when you had a baby thought, "YES FINALLY I CAN GET IN MY DISS FOR THAT TIER LIST VIDEO"

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
It's just so weird to toss out a random burn as part of your birth announcement tweet.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

man crokeyz talks a big game but he sure seems to fold under pressure when he receives the slightest bit of of grief or actually participates in a Big Kid tournament (came in tied for last place at MC 7 off his freebie invite)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Lone Goat posted:

man crokeyz talks a big game but he sure seems to fold under pressure when he receives the slightest bit of of grief or actually participates in a Big Kid tournament (came in tied for last place at MC 7 off his freebie invite)

who care

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

wrong thread :|

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Compromise: Allow time walk effects but every time you play one you have to play the entire time warp song from Rocky horror and do all the dance moves perfectly or else it gets countered and exiled.

only allow extra turns that happen in reverse order, so you don't actually get the extra untap until it's the "end" of your extra turn

"after this turn, there is an extra end step, then an extra main phase, then an extra combat phase, then an extra main phase, then an untap phase"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Time posted:

It was literally such an absurd thing to write in a birth announcement that I 100% though he was busting his friend's balls. Sperling is a weird dude.

510rems
Mar 26, 2010
maybe this sweeping scale backs of organized play is good because almost every pro seems to be absolutely deranged in one way or another

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

510rems posted:

maybe this sweeping scale backs of organized play is good because almost every pro seems to be absolutely deranged in one way or another

Must one be deranged in order to become a magic pro, or does being a magic pro make one deranged?

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

mcmagic posted:

It was literally such an absurd thing to write in a birth announcement that I 100% though he was busting his friend's balls. Sperling is a weird dude.

Yeah I read it that way too.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Strong Sauce posted:

apparently he was getting so many replies about why... it's because i guess the crokeyz guy made a mtg pro tier list video and i guess he rated him low or something i'm not sitting through the video to watch where he is since i don't know either of them

https://twitter.com/sickofit/status/1450132538417049600

like it would be kinda funny if it wasn't in a post announcing your kid, and like anyone else had a clue you were mad about the tier-list video. instead you just give some random callout to a DUDE who made a video for views.

imagine being that mad at someone, just seething about being rated like a C... not telling anyone and then when you had a baby thought, "YES FINALLY I CAN GET IN MY DISS FOR THAT TIER LIST VIDEO"

that video came out in February so Sperling has been gestating this for about as long as his wife

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

it's not the first shots pros have taken at crokeyz, and it won't be the last

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Pros circling the wagons around one of their own is making me root for crokeyz somehow

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

Barry Shitpeas posted:

that video came out in February so Sperling has been gestating this for about as long as his wife

For anyone interested, the Sperling part starts at about 25:10. All he says is “I played him once and he beat me so I’m pissed. He’s kind of a prick isn’t he, well like in a good way, I’m a prick too. I’m artificially going to put him as even with me so the ‘better than me’ tier doesn’t get too big”

You’ve got to be the worlds biggest wiener to be mad about that at all much less stewing on it 9 months later.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

LeafHouse posted:

For anyone interested, the Sperling part starts at about 25:10. All he says is “I played him once and he beat me so I’m pissed. He’s kind of a prick isn’t he, well like in a good way, I’m a prick too. I’m artificially going to put him as even with me so the ‘better than me’ tier doesn’t get too big”

You’ve got to be the worlds biggest wiener to be mad about that at all much less stewing on it 9 months later.

lmfao

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Lone Goat posted:

it's not the first shots pros have taken at crokeyz, and it won't be the last

it makes them so mad to see someone who is exactly like them in every way except not being inducted into their boy's club a decade ago

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

little munchkin posted:

it makes them so mad to see someone who is exactly like them in every way except not being inducted into their boy's club a decade ago

Crokeyz is much different than those that are circling the wagons. He is actually successful at making money while playing mtg.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/crokeyz/status/1450159639375532045

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Honestly, that's enough to convince me they're both in on a gag.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

lol this is good

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I would be pretty stoked to grow up and find out my dad played in an online MtG tournament while my mom was in labour and then while she was convalescing immediately started beefing with some Scottish (Irish? Who cares lol) guy on Twitter.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Sperling looking at his son playing with a mobile in his crib: You love playing with that. You love playing with all your stuffed animals. You love your Mommy, your Daddy. You love your pajamas. You love everything, don't ya? Yea. But you know what, buddy? As you get older, some of the things you love might not seem so special anymore. Like your Jack-in-a-Box. Maybe you'll realize it's just a piece of tin and a stuffed animal. And then you forget the few things you really love. And by the time you get to my age, maybe it's only one or two things. With me, I think it's one.

CUT TO: Sperling logging on to Twitter to call Crokeyz washed.

fadam fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Oct 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Lmfao