Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
The Legacy of Dominic Deegan? You're soaking in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

SubG posted:

The Legacy of Dominic Deegan? You're soaking in it.

I didn't realize Mookie was a Mormon youth :v:

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
how is this arc more tedious than the library

each comic advances the plot like, barely 30 seconds

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
more gentle more like more genital

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
How can he not see that it looks like Snout is pissing blood out his dick to write Luna's name

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

I still can't get over how passive Snout is as a protagonist, how completely useless to all of this he is, and how easy that would be to fix. Arudak not leaving him the note, and him being the one to return to the library and put two and two together with that book passage and realize it's a clue to the [objective], would make him less of a passively reactive character who everybody coddles for no reason and more of an active character who finds answers in places that his friends don't think to look. Not even a big change! I know this isn't helping me or anybody else, but I just have to say it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

what the gently caress is ∀N∩˥

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

what the gently caress is ∀N∩˥

Not much, what's ∀N∩˥ with you?

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

ANUL

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Dammerung posted:

I still can't get over how passive Snout is as a protagonist, how completely useless to all of this he is, and how easy that would be to fix. Arudak not leaving him the note, and him being the one to return to the library and put two and two together with that book passage and realize it's a clue to the [objective], would make him less of a passively reactive character who everybody coddles for no reason and more of an active character who finds answers in places that his friends don't think to look. Not even a big change! I know this isn't helping me or anybody else, but I just have to say it.

Snout is a really lovely anime protagonist from an anime where all the side characters are the actual competent actors in the story. Mix in a bit of Mookie being a loving idiot and deciding deafness is the same as having brain damage, so everyone has to help poor little Snout because he couldn't possibly cope on his own

Also I'm calling it now, there's going to be a point where Snout powers up and saves everyone in a big fight by finding his voice, and it will turn out he's basically Black Bolt from marvel

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Mutant Headcrab posted:

Snout's dick is just Dan Aykroyd's nose in Nothing But Trouble.

Hell of a film.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Calaveron posted:

How can he not see that it looks like Snout is pissing blood out his dick to write Luna's name

TBH, an oracle who makes predictions by pissing blood has at least some potential to be a memorable one-off gag.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

https://twitter.com/FullMetalHoyt/status/1447892534840201217

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

This tweet made me try and will my heart to stop beating

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

No. No way. Literally just hurt my jaw gawping in horror/disbelief at this.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Lol that rules

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
My son is also named Bort.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Wonder how often Mookie searches Dominic Deegan on twitter hoping someone, anyone, is still out there reading.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

A billion times a second, probably.

I'm not disheartened by this at all. Mookie and his fans deserve each other.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

actually went "augh! no!" out loud like a cartoon character. imagine being that kid and finding out you were named after a character from a poo poo webcomic.

edit:

was i picked on in middle school? hmm let me think
* Parents were both Dominic Deegan (long story)
* Wore overalls with a "DEAF" patch on them to school every day
* Had the word "∀N∩˥" instead of a mouth

MuddyFunster
Jan 31, 2020

FUN you, EARHOLE
Okay, fine, he's a fan, somebody has to be.

I am kind of enjoying imagining some kind of follow up though, like;

"How are you finding Legacy?"
"Gee whizz, Mookie, there's more of this!? I had no idea! Criminy, I can't wai-WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS poo poo."

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

TheHan posted:

Wonder how often Mookie searches Dominic Deegan on twitter hoping someone, anyone, is still out there reading.

It's kind of why I'm afraid to tweet Slowbeef asking if he's read any of this yet, because I seem to remember him partaking in the last threads? I guess I could type it as DominicDeegan or something, hopefully that would be enough to not show up on a search

I dunno, I guess I just don't want to poo poo on the comic in a way that he could easily see :sigh: that just feels mean. Despite a lot of things that make me side-eye him, I don't get the feeling that Mookie is a genuinely bad guy (unless I hear evidence to the contrary).

Also, I desperately want to see Beef's reaction to Snout Dick

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Oct 19, 2021

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Slowbeef even did a re-read of DD on stream a couple years ago, but quickly realized what a bad idea that was. :v: I enjoyed it though!

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

TheHan posted:

The thread most of Mookie's retweeted praise comes from tagged him directly, so he's probably (hopefully) not that desperate yet.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Robot Style posted:

The thread most of Mookie's retweeted praise comes from tagged him directly, so he's probably (hopefully) not that desperate yet.

On the other hand, his existing Twitter account. Not that I want to make this thread mean in that way vs staying on topic with the comic.

Billy Gnosis fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Oct 19, 2021

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Marin Karin posted:

Slowbeef even did a re-read of DD on stream a couple years ago, but quickly realized what a bad idea that was. :v: I enjoyed it though!

God, I want to see him live read Legacy so bad

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Happy Landfill posted:

God, I want to see him live read Legacy so bad

But it's a dialogue free comic???

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

It could be entertaining to watch him react to the dumb poo poo

...until things get unspeakably boring

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Marin Karin posted:

Got a link? I love Beef and I didn't even remember him being in the old threads. But I'm one of those Goons who barely notices usernames.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Happy Landfill posted:

It could be entertaining to watch him react to the dumb poo poo

...until things get unspeakably boring

So about five minutes?

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I won't lie: yes.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

SubG posted:

I Have Sidemouth and Must Scream.
If we ever change the title, this or "I Have Cheekmouth and Must Scream" should be the new one. Holy poo poo.

So this is what 1 hit point of damage in real life feels like.

Happy Landfill posted:

It's kind of why I'm afraid to tweet Slowbeef asking if he's read any of this yet, because I seem to remember him partaking in the last threads? I guess I could type it as DominicDeegan or something, hopefully that would be enough to not show up on a search

I dunno, I guess I just don't want to poo poo on the comic in a way that he could easily see :sigh: that just feels mean. Despite a lot of things that make me side-eye him, I don't get the feeling that Mookie is a genuinely bad guy (unless I hear evidence to the contrary).

Also, I desperately want to see Beef's reaction to Snout Dick

Eh, Mookie is a bad guy, but we've got a no poop touching rule for a reason. He just ignores anything that isn't effusive rear end kissing, so it wouldn't result in anything productive, plus someone would definitely pearl clutch in the thread about it for a while, so not worth it.

Snout should see a doctor about that oracular diarrhea. That can't be good for a mongrelman.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Half the point of this thread is how amazing it is that Mookie is doing this without any input at all.

Lol, I hope Snout drowns.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

oh yeah it's an update day

e: beaten lmao

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Got a link? I love Beef and I didn't even remember him being in the old threads. But I'm one of those Goons who barely notices usernames.

I tried to find some archived stuff, but no luck unfortunately. :negative: He only got up to Luna's introduction while acting it out on stream. Him acting out the fish landing on Dominic's head with "FAP!" as the sound effect was the best moment of that short ride.

In my attempts to look for it, I did see some tweets where he's already aware of Legacy, at least. And was appropriately horrified at its existence. Dominic Deegan really does always return to people like a generational curse.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Maybe it's just because I've been reading a lot of horror lately but this is some Mythos-adjacent poo poo right

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Maxwell Lord posted:

Maybe it's just because I've been reading a lot of horror lately but this is some Mythos-adjacent poo poo right

Or early 2000s era pop/meme "mythos is when there's water and tentacles and reading a book" understanding of mythos, which is about right for Mookie, yeah.

Watch him pat himself on the back in a blog post in 6 months when it's revealed Luna is the moon which controls the tides, and not Mrs. Dominic Deegan.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I like how this implies that Luna's name doesn't even really mean anything here, it's just something Chandaks say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Beelzebufo posted:

Half the point of this thread is how amazing it is that Mookie is doing this without any input at all.

Lol, I hope Snout drowns.

So the lake is actually deep after all??

I know magic means whatever he wants happens and this could be all poetic dreamscape imagery but I'm still annoyed