Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Pitre posted:

The CVS and Walgreens online scheduling hasn't been updated yet for Moderna CDC recommendations. My wife and I got our second Moderna shot the first week of March so we are far enough out to qualify hopefully. I hate to just walk in and try to get a shot because the locations near us are always busy and I hate to waste their time if they aren't allowed to do it yet.

There isn't a Moderna CDC recommendation yet? It's happening later in the week. Don't forget the legit Moderna is going to be a half-dose, but right now you can get a full dose of Moderna by saying "I am taking Humira for Crohn's"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Don't lie about taking monoclonal antibodies

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

MrQwerty posted:

Don't lie about taking monoclonal antibodies

It's just a password in this case, it doesn't go on your records or whatever or jack up your insurance. They never even record the specifics of the condition.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Pitre posted:

The CVS and Walgreens online scheduling hasn't been updated yet for Moderna CDC recommendations. My wife and I got our second Moderna shot the first week of March so we are far enough out to qualify hopefully. I hate to just walk in and try to get a shot because the locations near us are always busy and I hate to waste their time if they aren't allowed to do it yet.

Could always just try calling their pharmacy department before driving in?

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

Beachcomber posted:

Always had breathing issues, and my grandmother died of pneumonia. It freaks me out and I don't really know what the downside of getting a vaccine would be? Doesn't my health insurance have a vested interest in keeping me healthy?

I'd take polio if I could.

I got a polio booster (along with a bunch of other vaccines) a couple of years ago before a trip to China for work. Raised a few eyebrows when I asked for it, but then I told them (truthfully) that I'd gone to the CDC page for travel to China, and was just following their recommendations. IIRC, the specific response I got was "We don't usually do those, but I'm not going to argue with the CDC" Had to call around to a couple of places to find one that had it, and if someone else hadn't missed their appointment I'd have had to wait for them to order it for me. It's a live virus vaccine, btw, so you can't have any other vaccines for 2 weeks prior or after.

Azathoth Prime fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Oct 19, 2021

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

purplestuffedworm posted:

Nah, anti-vax shitheads are going to zero in on the fact that he died despite being fully vaccinated. They'll conveniently neglect to mention that besides being old as hell, he was also in treatment for multiple myeloma (blood cancer).

My grandfather died from multiple myeloma. It's really bad way to go. Honestly, covid probably did him a favor. :(

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

poll plane variant posted:

It's just a password in this case, it doesn't go on your records or whatever or jack up your insurance. They never even record the specifics of the condition.

Even the stickler pharmacists rarely demand a specific condition. They give you a list and ask you to self‐certify that you qualify.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Platystemon posted:

Even the stickler pharmacists rarely demand a specific condition. They give you a list and ask you to self‐certify that you qualify.

I had two pharmacists ask me for the general reason which was immunosupression, and then both wanted to know what medication (which one of them would have had it on my list of prescriptions anyway), but didn't ask what the underlying condition was.

Pitre
Jul 29, 2003

There isn't a Moderna CDC recommendation yet? It's happening later in the week. Don't forget the legit Moderna is going to be a half-dose, but right now you can get a full dose of Moderna by saying "I am taking Humira for Crohn's"

Oh, I had heard they did make a recommendation. I should probably fact check before accepting anything I hear from anyone as truth these days...

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Pitre posted:

Oh, I had heard they did make a recommendation. I should probably fact check before accepting anything I hear from anyone as truth these days...

FDA advisory made one last week, CDC is meeting this week, it's pretty much a formality bc their director will overrule anyway lol

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Got an email from my capitalist overlords to be fully vaccinated or to have an accommodation in place by Dec 8, 2021.

"Compliance with the vaccination policy is a condition of continued employment."

Yeah my employer said the same thing, also on December 8th. Better late than never :chef:

Bob Shadycharacter
Dec 19, 2005
I got my Pfizer booster and first ever flu shot today, yeehaw. So far I'm having a very similar reaction as to the second shot (chills and generally feeling kinda lightheaded) but it happened faster (for the second shot I felt weird the next morning).

I continue to be excited to not die of Covid.

Edit: both arms sore, Covid arm much more so.

Bob Shadycharacter fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Oct 19, 2021

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Bob Shadycharacter posted:

I got my Pfizer booster and first ever flu shot today, yeehaw. So far I'm having a very similar reaction as to the second shot (chills and generally feeling kinda lightheaded) but it happened faster (for the second shot I felt weird the next morning).

I continue to be excited to not die of Covid.

Edit: both arms sore, Covid arm much more so.

Yeah but how's the cell reception????

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

This guy loving sucks lol

https://news.yahoo.com/dennis-prager-announces-covid-hugging-212144657.html

“And finally, I got it from somebody,” he said, adding, “And it was a gamble, based on the knowledge, not based on being a gambler, I am not a gambler,” said Prager. “I certainly don’t gamble with my health, but I so believe science and the science of ivermectin, not the lies of The New York Times.”

The Times reported that ivermectin “has repeatedly failed in clinical trials to help people infected with the coronavirus,” which is not a lie.

“There’s nothing to change my mind about,” he said. “I didn’t want one of the vaccines before I got COVID, and now I don’t need one. I will have natural immunity that’s far superior to vaccine-induced immunity.”

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Look I’m not going to wear a Kevlar vest that will protect me if I get shot, I’m just going to purposely get shot and then my body will become naturally to future shootings. In the meantime, I’m just going to use horse paste to recover from the current bullet wounds.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Day 13?

I'm pretty much recovered. Still can't smell, but otherwise okay.

My wife is still very symptomatic. Sore throat, cough, headaches, fatigue, etc.

Doctor told her today "monoclonal antibodies won't be approved because it's after 10 days." Aware that she had been trying to get an appointment for over a week.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Well I just got a badass patient coordinator job for a clinic because the gal I replaced refused to get her vax...jn a clinic with emergency patients from the hospital across the street, in the middle of an old folks community. I can't imagine losing a good job because you're that stupidly scared of a needle, or defiant and confused about the phrase "my body my choice."

In other news, the only things I still can't smell are poo poo, piss, and burning wiring. Only complaining about the third one.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

“I certainly don’t gamble with my health"

:thunk:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If you have no chance of winning, is it really gambling?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

FogHelmut posted:

Doctor told her today "monoclonal antibodies won't be approved because it's after 10 days." Aware that she had been trying to get an appointment for over a week.
well i mean it blows that she couldn't get an appointment but they literally don't work after 10 days... they are less effective after each day of initial infection and even 10 days is probably really stretching the benefit.

sorry for your situation but it wouldn't help

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Wendigee posted:

well i mean it blows that she couldn't get an appointment but they literally don't work after 10 days... they are less effective after each day of initial infection and even 10 days is probably really stretching the benefit.

sorry for your situation but it wouldn't help

Yeah it's annoying. We don't go anywhere. We wear masks when we have to. We got vaccinated as soon as it was available.

The really obnoxious part is my mother in law had the same symptoms at the same time as us. She's sitting on my couch less than 2 weeks ago coughing. She wouldn't go get tested because she's "much too busy to be quarantined."

Meanwhile she's distancing from us because we are the infected ones.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Azathoth Prime posted:

I got a polio booster (along with a bunch of other vaccines) a couple of years ago before a trip to China for work. Raised a few eyebrows when I asked for it, but then I told them (truthfully) that I'd gone to the CDC page for travel to China, and was just following their recommendations. IIRC, the specific response I got was "We don't usually do those, but I'm not going to argue with the CDC" Had to call around to a couple of places to find one that had it, and if someone else hadn't missed their appointment I'd have had to wait for them to order it for me. It's a live virus vaccine, btw, so you can't have any other vaccines for 2 weeks prior or after.

That’s weird because the attenuated polio vaccine hasn’t been available for use in the US since 2000 and the CDC recommends an inactivated polio vaccine as a booster. Maybe they had some old information?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Stickman posted:

That’s weird because the attenuated polio vaccine hasn’t been available for use in the US since 2000 and the CDC recommends an inactivated polio vaccine as a booster. Maybe they had some old information?

are you saying this human, on the internet, told a falsehood? :yikes:

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

I don't know why I have to say this, it should be obvious. But please don't give a pharmacist false medical information in order to access a treatment.

Just say you're a health worker or something if you're determined to ignore the medical advice and get a booster, at least then the pharmacist can operate on accurate medical information.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

my favorite movie is probably The Thing (1982).... what about you?

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Wendigee posted:

my favorite movie is probably The Thing (1982).... what about you?

Just think it's a bad idea to give health practitioners incorrect medical information about yourself, but I'm sure I'll be crucified for this too.

(Edit: no single favourite movie, depends on what I'm in the mood for)

putin is a cunt fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Oct 19, 2021

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

Just say you're a health worker or something if you're determined to ignore the medical advice and get a booster, at least then the pharmacist can operate on accurate medical information.

Spikevax boosters are not yet approved for that purpose. The patient has to be self-described as immunocompromised.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

ephex posted:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58957273

Former US Secretary of State Colin Powell has died aged 84 of Covid-19 complications, his family has announced.

Good he's a fuckin war criminal

Got my booster on Monday! No pain today. Excited to be boosted

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

I don't know why I have to say this, it should be obvious. But please don't give a pharmacist false medical information in order to access a treatment.

Pharmacists are just lovely gatekeepers who have carved out a niche for themselves by fighting blister packaging lol

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

127 confirmed cases of baby bitch in the Washington State Patrol, all of them terminal

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...accine-mandate/

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I honestly thought CVS pharmacists were like Walmart employees and not people with educations and certifications

they always act stressed and overwhelmed over scanning a barcode and never take the initiative to resolve issues without being yelled at so why would I think otherwise

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Fallom posted:

I honestly thought CVS pharmacists were like Walmart employees and not people with educations and certifications

they always act stressed and overwhelmed over scanning a barcode and never take the initiative to resolve issues without being yelled at so why would I think otherwise

Outside the US the pills just come pre portioned so you don't have their grubby paws on every one lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

the one we use will often refuse to order transplant meds and then act shocked when we say it's not acceptable to go into rejection for a week while we wait for them to put in an order

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Fallom posted:

My sister is a pharmacist and has worked for a number of major chains. They are managed by the same braindead assholes who run the store/region and they get treated like total poo poo like all the other employees. She's got a loving PhD and still doesn't have a fixed timetable and gets scheduled on holidays that were approved months in advance the same as when I worked at McDonald's when I was a teenager. Most of the counter staff is a tech though and they're going through the whole minimum wage = minimum effort that every other retail outfit is going through now.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

greazeball posted:

127 confirmed cases of baby bitch in the Washington State Patrol, all of them terminal

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...accine-mandate/

This will have done more to improve that police department than any action in their history.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
6.35% of the state patrol left, how will they recover?

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

temple posted:

They had some similar headlines in Denver, CO and it turns out it was literally like two dozen first responders (including police, fire, and EMS) out of some two thousand odd first responders, so :shrug:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The only bad thing is those cops, the ones that survive anyway, will all become the worst private security guards in the state now.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

temple posted:

I’m surprised it’s that high.

It seems to be typical in the cases of other mandates for airlines and hospitals that the ratio is more like half of one percent.

Yes, cops are extra awful, but thirteen times as many? It’s a surprise if it’s really that high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
are you really surprised that a group whose express purpose is to keep their boot on the throat of the underfortunate are much shittier than people who went into hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt to learn the skills needed to save lives?