Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I want to know who was told to snort white powder but didn't cotton on that it might be cocaine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Most white powder north of Watford wasn't until fairly recently.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
god but there are some miserable people out there. how petty do you have to be to see a man like that picking mushrooms for his own purpose in the world and try to stop him and take pictures of him

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
NORMAN

NORMAN!!!! COME HERE RIGHT NOW THERE'S A MAN IN A TRACKSUIT PILFERING OUR VEGETATION NORMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

crispix posted:

VEGETATION

Fungi aren't plants :smugbert:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I don't care that they're technically closer to animal cells because of their lack of well defined cellulose cell walls or starch based energy storage, Norman, he's putting them in a Sainsbury's bag, look at him!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

OwlFancier posted:

Is that something that approaches johnny mercer but never actually achieves him?

That's a woman on the left of the photo, yes.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

crispix posted:

god but there are some miserable people out there. how petty do you have to be to see a man like that picking mushrooms for his own purpose in the world and try to stop him and take pictures of him

Envious of the old boy. Not a care in the world, heading back to his nice house in a pleasant village to boil up some mushroom tea and listen his old rave tapes.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Guavanaut posted:

This feels like it should be a commercial for something.
This is a man who knows he's allowed to take the mushrooms.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Guavanaut posted:

is that a sainsbury's plastic bag

maybe it already is :tinfoil:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
British journalist has a classic galaxy brain thought. Give the public less information on what their MP does and they'll be less inclined to kick off at them online.

https://twitter.com/JohnAshmore/status/1450398683481231363?t=ITqLI0q9f5A5Z9T8ywPmWw

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

keep punching joe posted:

British journalist has a classic galaxy brain thought. Give the public less information on what their MP does and they'll be less inclined to kick off at them online.

https://twitter.com/JohnAshmore/status/1450398683481231363?t=ITqLI0q9f5A5Z9T8ywPmWw

going back to the era when it was illegal to report what was going on in parliament would be in line with our national tradition i suppose

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

A miserable little pile of susans. But enough BBC comments... Have at you!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
This is Meadhbh erasure

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1450411526842691584

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Lol that's loving brutal and accurate. He is only memorable as a bullshitting haircut slapped on to a pile of deli meat

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
On the one hand you should never platform fash scum like Farage, but at the same time lmao

https://twitter.com/Caolanmcaree/status/1450225765753233411?t=tUmr7g-ebT4pQ4FEI8HqAg&s=19

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Failed Imagineer posted:

On the one hand you should never platform fash scum like Farage, but at the same time lmao

https://twitter.com/Caolanmcaree/status/1450225765753233411?t=tUmr7g-ebT4pQ4FEI8HqAg&s=19

Never had farage down as one of the bhoys but here we are

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Would be nice if individual MPs' rebellions were emphasised a bit more. imo that's the best way to get a judge of their character.

Like, if they're a Tory, you know that they're prima facie a oval office, but the next thing to do to judge them as an individual is look at how they differ from all the other Tory cunts. So if someone, to pick a completely random example, broadly agreed with all the other Tories except that they really really hated gays like even more than usual, it'd probably be no loss if someone tweeted anonymously at them imo

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

Hearing him half-heartedly say up the 'RA made one half of my brain rotate clockwise and the other half rotate forwards.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
I don't know if the fact there's now a Greggs in the shopping mall under Canary Wharf is proletarian tanks being parked on the capitalist lawn, appropriation of working class culture, or just sad because it reminds me that Percy Ingles were an early victim of the pandemic, but it must mean *something*.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

goddamnedtwisto posted:

it reminds me that Percy Ingles were an early victim of the pandemic, but it must mean *something*.

aw poo poo, i was wondering what happened to the one on Barking road, didn't know they'd shut down entirely :smith:

nurmie fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Oct 19, 2021

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Secret plot to kill the wealthy by injecting grease into their coke-addled veins to heighten the contraindications.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Failed Imagineer posted:

Fungi aren't plants :smugbert:

Now it's a Dolphin out in Dingle.

Or to be more accurate, it's a bunch of different Dolphins out in Dingle who have all been named Fungi to avoid the truth that the original Fungi is long gone.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

The Question IRL posted:

Now it's a Dolphin out in Dingle.

Or to be more accurate, it's a bunch of different Dolphins out in Dingle who have all been named Fungi to avoid the truth that the original Fungi is long gone.

:cmon: even those fake Fungies have been gone for like 2 years

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Zoomers are redistributing wealth from their rich grandparents with one weird trick.

https://twitter.com/NewsForAllUK/status/1450169033756758023?t=aPopd1QDREykIdgYmPKI8A

Ah yeah great I was just thinking old people need to be more arrogant and belligerent and to never shut the gently caress up except even moreso

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

nurmie posted:

aw poo poo, i was wondering what happened to the one on Barking road, didn't know they'd shut down entirely :smith:

Yeah, they were on the precipice for a while and shut down a few branches, but lockdown finished them off - it's a little surprising Greggs didn't buy them out (or at least buy the stores) as it was Ingles that mostly kept Greggs out of the east end for so long. AFAIK only the Whitechapel Road one is now a Greggs and that happened before they closed.

RIP to a genuine East End legend, pour out an incredibly strong but strangely watery cup of tea in their honour.

(That Whitechapel branch was a Lyons during the war so is basically the high-street cake shop equivalent of Brick Lane Mosque, which is the only building in the UK that has been a church, a synagogue, and a mosque)

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Barry Foster posted:

Ah yeah great I was just thinking old people need to be more arrogant and belligerent and to never shut the gently caress up except even moreso

At least their hearts will explode quicker than a coked up 25yo banker oval office

goddamnedtwisto posted:

( Brick Lane Mosque, which is the only building in the UK that has been a church, a synagogue, and a mosque)

it won't be a true monument to pantheism until it becomes a Wetherspoons

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Failed Imagineer posted:

At least their hearts will explode quicker than a coked up 25yo banker oval office

it won't be a true monument to pantheism until it becomes a Wetherspoons

The Half Moon in Stepney was a Methodist chapel, a synagogue, a theatre, and is now a Wetherspoons - close enough?

(The building itself has been completely gutted twice and the frontage rebuilt in that time so it's a bit of a Ship of Theseus thing though).

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

nurmie posted:

I literally moved to Barking, was vaguely aware that it was a thing and then ~suddenly lockdown~ so I never got to try my local one.

And now I'm moving to Forest Gate in a month so rip i guess.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Failed Imagineer posted:

Lol that's loving brutal and accurate. He is only memorable as a bullshitting haircut slapped on to a pile of deli meat

Yeah, I was impressed: they all correctly identified that he's utterly unsuited to the role of party leader and just needs to make way for someone else. They weren't even mad at him, just slightly pitying lol.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Seems a housing estate blew up near Glasgow https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-58965190

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Guavanaut posted:

jaete posted:

is that a sainsbury's plastic bag

maybe it already is :tinfoil:

~ live well for less ~

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Guavanaut posted:

this dude seems cool though

i like his nonchalant, cheeky vibe

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Some gentle absurdism here

https://twitter.com/guardiannews/status/1450067787867725828?t=yLrlFGVCFCjh2I8srFCCnQ&s=19

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Tesseraction posted:

Seems a housing estate blew up near Glasgow https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-58965190

It's strange how these sorts of explosions just sort of delete houses from existence. Maybe strange isn't the right word. Disconcerting? I look at those pictures, and there's just a gap and debris where a home once was, nothing at all is left standing, and while the neighbouring houses are damaged, of course, it's an order of magnitude in difference compared to the non-existence of the home at the centre of the blast, like the targeted wrath of some vengeful god.

I really hope everyone recovers. :(

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Apparently Johnson missed the minute's silence for Amess in the commons today.

I look forward to anyone who calls him on it being accused of "playing politics" with the tragic murder and being cancelled forever.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Reveilled posted:

It's strange how these sorts of explosions just sort of delete houses from existence. Maybe strange isn't the right word. Disconcerting?
Yeah, it definitely looks like a stereotypical gas explosion. Hope everyone recovers and has somewhere safe to stay.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Intranasal cocaine was found to be a good palliative for arthritis and to not cause addiction when it was prescribed as called something other than cocaine, so I kinda see it.

You're supposed to use a mesh bag. mushrooms shed a lot of spores when they're cut and if you use a plastic bag they have nowhere to go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Envious of the old boy. Not a care in the world, heading back to his nice house in a pleasant village to boil up some mushroom tea and listen his old rave tapes.

nah i reckon rush or deep purple