Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The KonoSuba mobile game is very good.

Its fun, even though I got stuck in chapter 7. I dont read the novels/manga so a lot of the characters are mysteries to me though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

its always fun seeing people's reactions when they find out at the start of the manga/anime Kaiji is only 21

i know fkmt's art style makes all the characters look older but iirc it literally gives his age in the first chapter

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i want more kaiji anime

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

the composer got blacklisted for having weed, which sucks because pretty much every anime he did music for had an incredible score

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Aurora posted:

i want more kaiji anime

cant you see the next arc in a pachinko machine

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
buddy, my whole life is a pachinko machine

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

we can't let there be more anime, the world isn't ready for the consequences if that one twitter user who wants to gently caress muraoka is given more power

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

mycophobia posted:

cant you see the next arc in a pachinko machine

i aint payin for that

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Muv Luv NFTs was not a news headline I was expecting

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I didn’t expect Deltarune to make a Bump of Chicken reference but then again I didn’t expect Undertale to reference Punpun.

That’s my anime post for the day.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

what was the reference

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mix. posted:

the composer got blacklisted for having weed, which sucks because pretty much every anime he did music for had an incredible score

hosed up that Japan treats weed users like that.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Arist posted:

what was the reference

while fighting a dumb bird boy on the highway the Check caption says “Go! Use your roller coaster cars to play “bump of chicken”! I guess it could be weird phrasing for a joke but I doubt it.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Last Celebration posted:

I didn’t expect Deltarune to make a Bump of Chicken reference but then again I didn’t expect Undertale to reference Punpun.

toby is a weeb, im not surprised

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Last Celebration posted:

What’s the Punpun reference in Undertale? :psyduck:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

AlternateNu posted:

What’s the Punpun reference in Undertale? :psyduck:

The magician enemies in the CORE say God’s magic words in battle sometimes. It’s a fairly deep cut tbh.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Last Celebration posted:

The magician enemies in the CORE say God’s magic words in battle sometimes. It’s a fairly deep cut tbh.

Goddamn. :(

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kirbysuperstar posted:

Muv Luv NFTs was not a news headline I was expecting

How is the MLA anime anyways?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Apparently bad.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's a 2021 partial adaptation of a vn from the 2000s with ugly art style changes, comparatively worse animation than what little the vn had, and clunky original content to try and chop out several hours of story and condense specific parts of the vn into 12 episodes, so it basically sounds like a full bingo sheet of all the ways a vn adaptation can be godawful. glad muv-luv fans are finally getting their own!

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I was about to say MLA isn't that old but then I remembered that it was mostly the fan translation (understandably) taking a very long time to be completed

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Mark_TDD/status/1449658972735094790?s=20

Every victim of the arson was also credited, either for their contributions to the movie before the arson or with the rest of the employees.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i ordered the k-on collection bluray off of amazon and it got held by the post office :rant:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

mycophobia posted:

i ordered the k-on collection bluray off of amazon and it got held by the post office :rant:

they're watching it

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
https://twitter.com/mobpsycho_anime/status/1450431787021242375

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Very stylized teaser but I'm iffy on watching this.

https://youtu.be/o3aEXTUj9Ek

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it still looks bad sorry

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

TV Zombie posted:

Reminds me of Scott Pilgrim, but without the feeling that this is the one take where nobody cracked up laughing at the abusrdity of it all.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Ardeem posted:

Reminds me of Scott Pilgrim,

Hard pass then

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

On the bright side, the anime is apparently coming to Netflix soon as well (minus the movie unfortunately but I’ve heard that can be found subbed on Netflix Canada if you live there or have a VPN).

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Ardeem posted:

Reminds me of Scott Pilgrim, but without the feeling that this is the one take where nobody cracked up laughing at the abusrdity of it all.

Yeah, it's weird how seriously it takes itself while being very absurd.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm not really sure how you can argue that trailer was taking itself seriously.

Again, I feel like they have a pretty good understanding of the original's tone and they're not afraid of looking corny on the road there, which is good in my book.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

TV Zombie posted:

I wouldn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PabeRfyfho

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

a youtuber video?? now i'm convinced

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
UPDATE I drove to the post office and they didnt have my k-on bluray but it will be delivered this afternoon.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

grouchio why do you think im going to watch a 30 minute video of what is essentially a podcast

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the bebop trailer is absolutely playing into the cheese. my complaint is that don't think the writing in it was very funny lol

hell if we're mentioning the scott pilgrim comparison i'm gonna say that i also dont like the scott pilgrim movie cause it plays so hard into the cheese that it kinda loses any actual notes of a story in it. not that live action bebop's just gonna do that but, idk. i'm just gonna rewatch the anime and check out that weird ps2 game

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Oct 19, 2021

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

grouchio express your own opinions 3 AM CHALLENGE (scary!) (2 AM)

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

mycophobia posted:

UPDATE I drove to the post office and they didnt have my k-on bluray but it will be delivered this afternoon.

They aren't done watching it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Castle Super Beast keeps uploading "clips" that are essentially the length of an entire podcast episode and it bugs me. How long is the actual drat thing?