Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Lurking Haro posted:

They aren't done watching it yet.

they can take their time im still slowly rewatching nichijou

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

a CSB ep is usually around four hours

but at the same time most podcasts i listen to are 1-2 hours so i'm not sure where 20, 30 minutes is a whole episode of something

though i get you

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
f... four hours......

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

why are podcasts so long in general, whats going on over there. i could watch an entire cour of anime in that time

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Mister Facetious posted:

Hard pass then

wow.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Scott Pilgrim is overrated. :colbert:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Mister Facetious posted:

Scott Pilgrim is overrated. :colbert:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Tales of Woe posted:

why are podcasts so long in general, whats going on over there. i could watch an entire cour of anime in that time
work commutes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tales of Woe posted:

most podcasts have little to no editing

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

the scott pilgrim movie is great because edgar wright is a great director

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

who the hell is listening to podcasts in a situation where they could be watching anime instead

i appreciate that those two idiots kill up to four hours of workday distraction every week

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Futaba Anzu posted:

I like the Scott Pilgrim movie a whole lot and The World's End is probably in my top 5, but man Baby Driver was kind of a letdown in hindsight. A great gimmick in search of a halfway decent story.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Futaba Anzu posted:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Futaba Anzu posted:

too bad they didn't have a good screenwriter.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Arist posted:

I like the Scott Pilgrim movie a whole lot and The World's End is probably in my top 5, but man Baby Driver was kind of a letdown in hindsight. A great gimmick in search of a halfway decent story.

I liked Baby Driver even though it wasn't Wright's strongest by any means, but I haven't revisited it since seeing it in theaters because the casting for that movie wound up being freakin' cursed.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Srice posted:

I liked Baby Driver even though it wasn't Wright's strongest by any means, but I haven't revisited it since seeing it in theaters because the casting for that movie wound up being freakin' cursed.

I got that movie on Blu-Ray as a gift and wound up never opening it because of Spacey, lmao

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Arist posted:

I got that movie on Blu-Ray as a gift and wound up never opening it because of Spacey, lmao

Welp!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Colonel posted:

f... four hours......

the podcast itself is also just an audio version of pat and woolie rambling to each other on stream for I guess an entire afternoon

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Tales of Woe posted:

Podcasts are not designed to be a thing you dedicate 100% of your attention to, you listen while doing other things. Like talk radio, but not necessarily by the worst humans in recorded history.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Endorph posted:

grouchio why do you think im going to watch a 30 minute video of what is essentially a podcast

That's our Grouchio!

Red Minjo posted:

Podcasts are not designed to be a thing you dedicate 100% of your attention to, you listen while doing other things. Like talk radio, but not necessarily by the worst humans in recorded history.

Debatable.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the scott pilgrim movie's an okay wacky action comedy but while the comics aren't like. amazing. they kinda soured me on the movie because everything about it kind of just drops all writing any of the female cast get, and most of the actual quieter moments in between stuff, which basically ruins anything interesting it has going on and boils it all down to scott getting into wacky gags and then feeling bad about himself until he stops feeling bad about himself, which is kind of the most mixed part of the comic. especially in the end stuff since it changes anything about ramona in that last book from being her own decision to, because the villain has a mind control device. it like goes in the opposite direction that the comic ends on, with most of that stuff. i think the funniest example of that is how iirc the original ending to the movie before they changed it was for scott to get back together with knives? which is like... that would be the opposite of a good thing, lol

i do like hot fuzz though

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 19, 2021

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Hot Fuzz was fun. I don't watch many Simon Pegg films though.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The Scott Pilgrim movie was both a Michael Cera vehicle but also trying to cram way too much stuff into the runtime of a typical mainstream film. Most of the depth Ramona gets in the books comes in the form of revelations that she's not really been a perfect person in past relationships, and isn't deserving of being seen as some fair maiden worthy of undertaking this odyssey, and that's the kind of subject matter that is incongruous with delivering punchline after punchline after wacky shot. There really isn't time to sit and talk about our mistakes, and the trauma we've caused others. OTOH I also think the "final boss" was handled a hell of a lot better in the movie than the book, where the final one felt rushed to meet deadlines and not be completely spoiled by the movie. The final landing is rough, but whatever.

I was saying it in TV IV, but something about the long existence of cosplay makes doing a live action anime seem weird and makes you compare real actors to models on social media, even though nerds cosplay other characters and live action Star Wars shows and live action Superman shows have been around forever.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Oct 19, 2021

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
UPDATE i got my k-on bluray in the mail. the little nubs that hold the discs in seem a little weak but other than that it looks like a quality product. $80 including shipping well spent.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Patware posted:

grouchio express your own opinions 3 AM CHALLENGE (scary!) (2 AM)

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Patware posted:

grouchio express your own opinions 3 AM CHALLENGE (scary!) (2 AM)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the problem is mostly that all of the funny parts of scott pilgrim are the ones where the women get drunk together and the part where envy knees her boyfriend in the groin and those are all the scenes they excised

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Please don't ask Grouchio to express his opinions.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
grouchio why dont you like kingdom hearts it has a boy that fights shadows with a key who teams up with a duck and dog. its amazing

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Willo567 posted:

grouchio why dont you like kingdom hearts it has a boy that fights shadows with a key who teams up with a duck and dog. its amazing

YOU FOOL

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Willo567 posted:

I discovered it at an age when I was already moving on from children's disney movies and characters (which is to say, eighth grade 2008). All of it really rubbed me the wrong way. I was also dealing with my childhood getting upended by both a recession and parental divorce. Instead I was drawn to Twilight Princess, Brawl and ...Spore.
I hope this answers your question.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Ah.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Grouchio posted:

...(which is to say, eighth grade 2008)...

:corsair:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Grouchio posted:

I discovered it at an age when I was already moving on from children's disney movies and characters (which is to say, eighth grade 2008). All of it really rubbed me the wrong way. I was also dealing with my childhood getting upended by both a recession and parental divorce. Instead I was drawn to Twilight Princess, Brawl and ...Spore.
I hope this answers your question.

Respectable answer. Grouchio has my protection in this matter.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

will wright claims another victim

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

I regged a year later wtf

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
looks like it’s time for my yearly “march comes in like a lion” reread slash tear duct cleansing ritual slash being mad it doesn’t have an official translation experience

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lol I was reading Japanese stuff about the Violinist of Hamelin anime and apparently the director wanted it to be still images because he liked the last episodes of Eva and it had nothing to do with budget or schedule

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

Respectable answer. Grouchio has my protection in this matter.

*putting on boxing gloves* we duel at dawn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

nrook posted:

looks like it’s time for my yearly “march comes in like a lion” reread slash tear duct cleansing ritual slash being mad it doesn’t have an official translation experience

Good news on that front

https://twitter.com/denpa_books/status/1368001455173500929?s=20